eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Weirdo removed, nothing to see here.
I hope you did not mind that I tried... :)

I’ll be giving 1.3 another try tonight in ML. Will have “my standard comparison match” between Germany and England in exhibition mode as well. From last night I would say, dribbling is better, speed a tad up (could be animations), physicality against AI better but still not evenly fair. So for now, it’s still (starting with #1) vanilla, 1.3, 1.2 for me.

Are you guys interested in Sane’s right footed volley against England? He’s saving his strong leg for later... ;)

Spot on!

Konami should aim to way way way better ball physics next year. The ball must behave more unpredictable despite who shots or his stats or cards or whatever. Any football player can kick a ball with fierce.

Goalkeepers reactions, animations and dives must be remade from the scratch too. Goal size is huge but sometimes still feels like Fifa 98 when you shot at it.

What settings are playing on and what mode. Because the ball is very 'free' in my games. You can't bet on the exact same result from a shot twice unless you are perfect set. Any kind of reach, contest, off-balance or pace mean all sorts of effects to the shot. Even stood perfect, the same powerful strike might have slight variations on the movement of the ball.

The shooting is not the same because if you play on manual the ball does not swerve but heads straight and either goes over the bar or straight at the keeper.

You see, I can believe this quite easily because I've not tried manual shooting enough to have a different experience. But on normal shooting, literally my first goal I scored in the ML that I thought worth saving is my DM on the run kicking through the ball and it getting outside-of-boot (NOT using R2 shot) swerve and it came in the corner from outside the post. Normal shots have had zero spin, top-spin, outside boot swerve and even some instep swerve without pressing anything but shoot (and of course LS and R1 at times).

I play on superstar and don't have any issues going past and wrong footing defenders and since the latest patch I'm able to run past 4/5 players with a good dribbler quite easily.

Also absolutely no catch up. Once I'm in front they never get back.
Noticed Salah felt great last night dribbling. Was a huge difference between him and the other Liverpool players which was kinda missing in 1.02 compared to the demo.

I had no idea Smalling had gone to Roma so was shocked when i was controlling the donkey and he really does feel like a donkey in PES.

Reckon this patch end of oct will be great.

Game speed differs according to match duration.. normal speed was so slow for me while i was playing 20 min. I changed to 14 min and game got faster in normal speed.. if u have any issues with speed you can alter duration till u find the optimum pace

Game speed differs according to match duration.. normal speed was so slow for me while i was playing 20 min. I changed to 14 min and game got faster in normal speed.. if u have any issues with speed you can alter duration till u find the optimum pace
By the way animations get clumsy in 20 min matches.. konami makes it to stabilize score and chances created due to longer match time.. for reasonable match scores

I've never noticed any catch up in any version every time I've broke free with a quick player theyve never been caught. On another note to see how this patch is good try rangers v celtic on top player full manual, what an experience

I've never noticed any catch up in any version every time I've broke free with a quick player theyve never been caught. On another note to see how this patch is good try rangers v celtic on top player full manual, what an experience
I do every kind of exhibitions full manual on legendary... on legendary i love the challange but cpu goal per shoot percantage is too high.. i play the game create chances .. they come once and score

I will have to test, but I can tell you for sure that I am using the same game duration (15mins) along with the same teams and stadium pitch settings I was using prior to the patch and it feels much faster. Ball zips on the pitch on passes. Everything just feels accelerated as if players are on some kind of super drug.

I am positive it's not placebo. Hoping that the 2nd part of this patch sorts things out.

Last edited:
Can anyone who's sure that they've got 1.03 installed check if it says so on the title screen? It seems as though the update for me has installed but left my game completely untouched. Even after applying live updates nothing has changed. I have no clue what to do now.

Can anyone who's sure that they've got 1.03 installed check if it says so on the title screen? It seems as though the update for me has installed but left my game completely untouched. Even after applying live updates nothing has changed. I have no clue what to do now.
on ps4 home screen click information on the pes icon, that will tell you what version it is, not the title screen

on ps4 home screen click information on the pes icon, that will tell you what version it is, not the title screen
It says 1.03 but data version in game (under settings) says 1.02. I'm positive that my game hasn't been affected eventhough I most certainly installed the data pack.

This is the list of player faces updated with the new data pack, I haven't got any of them either:
EF_kPSsWoAAy8g2.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF_kPSsWoAAy8g2.png

It says 1.03 but data version in game (under settings) says 1.02. I'm positive that my game hasn't been affected eventhough I most certainly installed the data pack.

This is the list of player faces updated with the new data pack, I haven't got any of them either:
EF_kPSsWoAAy8g2.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF_kPSsWoAAy8g2.png

On XB1 it says
Version 1.01.02.
Data Pack 1.02.
Apply latest Live Update 201909121
Asset Data 201909053

The title screen also says Version 1.01.02 Data Pack 1.02

I don't pay much attention to the faces so can't be sure they've updated. I'd assume so.

I did install the update.. And oh no.

Hopefully and maybe it’s me that is just tired or not enough focused. It has been a long week, so it is a possibility.

I’m not feeling this at all right now. Actually, I haven’t felt it as little as I do right now.

I can only say one good thing about this update and that is that Kessie for example in my existing Master League is having trouble with the first touch. Unfortunately I can’t say that I feel the individuality stands out at all.. My good technical players aren’t that much better and I feel every player is similar more or less. I also see shooting from Piatek being glazer sharpshooting with no deflection or movement to the ball.

In general, they have definitely done something to the feeling on the ball passing. It’s just faster.. Weirder. I think the players are unaware of the situations in such an odd way..

Wow. It’s actually quite bad right now.

Hope I’m being tired, but these 5-6 games were just awful. Really.

I did install the update.. And oh no.

Hopefully and maybe it’s me that is just tired or not enough focused. It has been a long week, so it is a possibility.

I’m not feeling this at all right now. Actually, I haven’t felt it as little as I do right now.

I can only say one good thing about this update and that is that Kessie for example in my existing Master League is having trouble with the first touch. Unfortunately I can’t say that I feel the individuality stands out at all.. My good technical players aren’t that much better and I feel every player is similar more or less. I also see shooting from Piatek being glazer sharpshooting with no deflection or movement to the ball.

In general, they have definitely done something to the feeling on the ball passing. It’s just faster.. Weirder. I think the players are unaware of the situations in such an odd way..

Wow. It’s actually quite bad right now.

Hope I’m being tired, but these 5-6 games were just awful. Really.
I thought the passing ball psysics were improved last night. Much better trajectories also. As well as a couple of new passing animations i hadnt seen before.

Whoever says there's catch up between defenders and quick FWs in this game they're straight up lying. There are definitely people that post lies in every Fifa/Pes forum and imo the mods should deal with them because they're not contributing to the community. I'm about to finish my first season in ML with Leicester. I already had more 1-on-1 with Vardy than I had in 3 months with a same FW in WE9LE. I have saved replays of these kind of goals and at least 4 replays with blatant penalties GK vs FW which KONAMI should fix .As I posted earlier today the GK collisions are not coded and it's ridiculous how this one can pass QA.

Hello gents, I have a question - could you please help me understand and master manual controls? More specifically, I've seen players using the cursor when defending to switch between the footballers. What is the combination to display this cursor in defense? Any such tips and tricks I would highly appreciate. Thanks!

Hello gents, I have a question - could you please help me understand and master manual controls? More specifically, I've seen players using the cursor when defending to switch between the footballers. What is the combination to display this cursor in defense? Any such tips and tricks I would highly appreciate. Thanks!
When you go to your settings during the match, the ones that will let you change PA settings, there is one particular setting that will show sort of 'laser beam' when switching players (which you do by tilting Right Stick)
Dont know exactly which setting this is, but if you read description - it will tell you.

If you are planning to learn manual - I advice starting from Pass Assistance on 0. Once you learn to pass and feel comfortable - you can try changing shooting or through balls. Dont overload yourself as it will just become frustrating if you want to learn all at once. And drop difficulty to professional, or even regular at the start.

I played my first few games since the update and i am enjoying it better than before although i am now struggling to score on manual. My shots either miss the goal or go straight to the keeper. I cannot get the shots in the corner.

I started a new ML as Hull and in the FA Cup we played Brentford. It was a good game and quite laughable at times because i was through one on one quite a few times but each time i could not score. They went 1-0 up and after much pressing and funny scrappy moments eventually we scored in injury time.

In the penalty shoot out there were 12 pens and only 3 scored all the rest were saved. So just wondering if anyone thinks that scoring has gotten harder on manual since the update?

enjoying it better than before although i am now struggling to score on manual. My shots either miss the goal or go straight to the keeper. I cannot get the shots in the corner.
Thats crazy, coz around this patch, by pure coincident, I started properly experimenting with L2 manual modifier, since a lot of my long shots were off target or straight at the keeper on stadium cam.
So I didnt even notice any change in long range shots. Closer range, inside the box I can aim more precisely and didnt notice any issues without L2.

I'm guessing it's too much to do in a patch and not a top priority but penalties need overhauling next year, they're far too difficult to score. If the keeper goes the right way then he saves it 99% of the time as they cover too much of the net, it doesn't matter if you smash it in the top corner, he just flies across like Superman and saves it. Right in the corners should be almost impossible to save unless they take an early step before diving but should come with much greater risk of missing/hitting the post if you're not using a top rated taker.

I also desperately need to find out a tutorial video for the skill moves as I'm so bad at them :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom