eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I can't seem to find a camera setting I'm happy with. I don't like the fact the camera cuts off part of the pitch or doesn't keep up at times.

Does anyone else get this? Currently jumping between Pitchside Cam & Stadium Cam.
I was on Stadium Custom 4-6-4 but when i saw chiefrocka4real's amazing goal above & checked that he was using 0 zoom ,i changed to 3-7-4 & it was big change.I was able to see very large part of the pitch witch gave me more passing & crossing options, plus it helps a lot when comes to shooting especialy from far distance

So made a video of one match I had against spurs on superstar in master league just now.

Shows 5/6 examples of me dribbling past at least 2 players at a time. In a 12 minute game.

Some people wanted proof.

What i don't like and causes headaches , is that you cannot select on which team the OFs you want to be applied. PEU/PLA are almost finished and reserved, despite the poor limitations, sacrifices were made, decisions take, i installed 5 teams from the Bundesliga in PEU, the rest are mine, PLA is reserved for Liga MX which i love, although i would like both LMX, MLS and the Libertadores clubs. And now stays the PAS league, were i want some clubs from Arabic Leagues, 1-2 Australian and Korean or Japanese, but also some other fantasy clubs. But i unfortunately have to wait for all patch-makers to finish their works, study which team replace which and then go ahead and take decisions.
I was one step before create all clubs fantasy, but it is a lot of work to create 20x3=60 kits from scratch.
If only there was one additional fake league in each continent...:CRY:

So made a video of one match I had against spurs on superstar in master league just now.

Shows 5/6 examples of me dribbling past at least 2 players at a time. In a 12 minute game.

i watched 2 minutes of that and for me that isnt dribbling past 4 like someone stated not sure if its you or not. That was dribbling past 2 at max and more often 1 - the ai is actually defending smartly and closing the space not giving option - 1st dribble from halfway line 1 defender was beaten and then shows theres no catch up so pretty good to me. Not having a go i just expected to see someone go towards goal past 4 defenders

i watched 2 minutes of that and for me that isnt dribbling past 4 like someone stated not sure if its you or not. That was dribbling past 2 at max and more often 1 - the ai is actually defending smartly and closing the space not giving option - 1st dribble from halfway line 1 defender was beaten and then shows theres no catch up so pretty good to me. Not having a go i just expected to see someone go towards goal past 4 defenders
I agree. The last clip pretty much sums up my experience of just getting humped to death by 1 or 2 defenders, until the over exaggerated stumble animations cause me to lose the ball or fall over.
Squaring up defenders and trying to get past them just results in the AI stretching out a perfectly placed, slow motion leg and my guy falling over.
Any trick other than a step over is just asking to get rugby tackled half through the animation. I also haven't touched the dribble stick since demo, no point.
The latest gameplay tweaks are causing a lot of unwanted, unnecessary, animations & direction changes (both att & def)

I agree. The last clip pretty much sums up my experience of just getting humped to death by 1 or 2 defenders, until the over exaggerated stumble animations cause me to lose the ball or fall over.
Squaring up defenders and trying to get past them just results in the AI stretching out a perfectly placed, slow motion leg and my guy falling over.
Any trick other than a step over is just asking to get rugby tackled half through the animation. I also haven't touched the dribble stick since demo, no point.
The latest gameplay tweaks are causing a lot of unwanted, unnecessary, animations & direction changes (both att & def)
:) thats similar to my experience on superstar but top player is pretty much balanced, getting past players id expect to beat and also getting fouls called whilst maintaining a decent challenge

What i don't like and causes headaches , is that you cannot select on which team the OFs you want to be applied. PEU/PLA are almost finished and reserved, despite the poor limitations, sacrifices were made, decisions take, i installed 5 teams from the Bundesliga in PEU, the rest are mine, PLA is reserved for Liga MX which i love, although i would like both LMX, MLS and the Libertadores clubs. And now stays the PAS league, were i want some clubs from Arabic Leagues, 1-2 Australian and Korean or Japanese, but also some other fantasy clubs. But i unfortunately have to wait for all patch-makers to finish their works, study which team replace which and then go ahead and take decisions.
I was one step before create all clubs fantasy, but it is a lot of work to create 20x3=60 kits from scratch.
If only there was one additional fake league in each continent...:CRY:
Plus, what really annoys me is lack of editing options. Not even talking about Stadium Creator, but a simple Text Box or some geometric shapes that we could add to the kits as some fake looking sponsors.

Also - they changed all the team names to cities, which is a great idea. Back in the day I had to google which team is which, before I edited them.

But why the hell there is such limited selection? I've created kits, edited and added 2 irish teams. There is no Ireland in the options for commentary name. There are only Belfast and Lisburn from Northern Ireland for some crazy reason.
Added 3 polish teams. No Poland on Pes maps. Its so simple to add cities names for all Europe, at least the bigger cities.

Same goes to player names. Some common names in all languages shoud be there.
Pes was always a game heavily dependant on editing.. Then give us some tools to edit..

Sad to say they've ruined the game for me with this latest update. I was playing Super Star but it's terrible after the update, every team plays stupidly over the top pressure from the first whistle with barely any error and it's just a grind. It's more difficult which is probably what they were aiming for but it's just dull.

I had a go on Top Player but it's too much of a step down from Super Star. It's so much easier as the AI just don't offer enough threat going forward on Top Player. For all the good that the ability to patch games brings, it also means that developers now can't leave things alone and they piss about changing things that just didn't need changing.

Sad to say they've ruined the game for me with this latest update. I was playing Super Star but it's terrible after the update, every team plays stupidly over the top pressure from the first whistle with barely any error and it's just a grind. It's more difficult which is probably what they were aiming for but it's just dull.

I had a go on Top Player but it's too much of a step down from Super Star. It's so much easier as the AI just don't offer enough threat going forward on Top Player. For all the good that the ability to patch games brings, it also means that developers now can't leave things alone and they piss about changing things that just didn't need changing.

Initially I felt 1.3 was an improvement - possibly it is but there's something about 1.3 that is affecting my enjoyment. Is it the silly stumbles? Less spontaneity when dribbling? The more constant CPU pressure?

I tWhilst I was kind of pleased that there were changes made I think this whole 1.0, 1.2, 1.3 saga just makes the case for the ability to switch versions at the top menu even stronger for me.

Oh and I read some guys feeling 1.3 is faster. I actually feel, in terms of CPU opponent AI, that they feels slow - it means their decisions appear more calculated, deliberate and less spontaneous. Whilst that may be good realism, it actually detracts a little from the enjoyment.

Last edited:

Why would you want a game that you cannot dribble past 2 players?

Think he was just showing that you can dribble past players
Ahh right, Yeah since the update it's alot better dribbling wise

Anyone on PS4 Pro and your console sounds like a double jumbo jet about to take off while playing PES a little tip i found the other day and executed last night...The Pro lid just pops off revealing the fan. Mines was pretty dusty and patches of dust on the lid and in the console. Hoovered it all out and got a dry duster (pledge ones dust just sticks to it) and gave it a right good clean. Got every bit of dust off the fan that was stuck to it by putting the dust cloth in between and using a butter knife for all the fan gaps. Got inside and outside spotless and now no more Jumbo Jets taking off just regular fan noise on every game. Massive difference and well worth 15-20 mins of your time.

If you get canned air it would save alot of time on the stuck dust in the fan.

Anyone on PS4 Pro and your console sounds like a double jumbo jet about to take off while playing PES a little tip i found the other day and executed last night...The Pro lid just pops off revealing the fan. Mines was pretty dusty and patches of dust on the lid and in the console. Hoovered it all out and got a dry duster (pledge ones dust just sticks to it) and gave it a right good clean. Got every bit of dust off the fan that was stuck to it by putting the dust cloth in between and using a butter knife for all the fan gaps. Got inside and outside spotless and now no more Jumbo Jets taking off just regular fan noise on every game. Massive difference and well worth 15-20 mins of your time.

Opening the top plate without validating the warranty is easy. I recommend sucking the dust out instead of blowing air into it! I cleaned mine a while a go. It really helps and can be done, as said, in no time.

Think he was just showing that you can dribble past players

Thanks yeah that was what I was showing. That was 5/6 examples of me going past at least 2 players in a 12 minute game on superstar in master league. That's more than should realistically happen.

Initially I felt 1.3 was an improvement - possibly it is but there's something about 1.3 that is affecting my enjoyment. Is it the silly stumbles? Less spontaneity when dribbling? The more constant CPU pressure?

I tWhilst I was kind of pleased that there were changes made I think this whole 1.0, 1.2, 1.3 saga just makes the case for the ability to switch versions at the top menu even stronger for me.

Oh and I read some guys feeling 1.3 is faster. I actually feel, in terms of CPU opponent AI, that they feels slow - it means their decisions appear more calculated, deliberate and less spontaneous. Whilst that may be good realism, it actually detracts a little from the enjoyment.

It's the pressure on superstar that ruins the enjoyment for me. In master league with Las Palmas I have to play the matches the same way every time on superstar to stand a chance of getting a result. Defensive and counter attack when the opportunity arises otherwise they just completely overrun me with the pressure and they're unbelievably clinical at that level regardless of opponent.

It's not even that I can't win as I did win a number of games, it's just a grind being forced to play the same way every time. I wouldn't mind if it was just the better teams pressuring like mad but the bottom of the league came to my stadium and did the exact same thing, attacking and insanely high pressure from the off. It wasn't like this before and I don't think they've purposely tried to make it harder I think they've just accidentally ballsed it up when changing other stuff.

I had 4 games on Top Player instead. 2 of the games the AI put up barely any challenge but the 2 after were pretty good games with the AI actually having a decent go. I'm hoping the first 2 games were just teams being defensive because they're not as good as my team and I can still have a decent ML on Top Player for most matches because Super Star is unplayable to me at the moment.

i really hope that konami realizes 1.0 is still the best version of the game because i want all the improvements of ai repsonivesnnss in late october patch that is promised but with 1.0 gameplay but dont think that is going to happen.most likely 1.4 will be shit 1.3 gameplay with improvement of ai responisvess.wtf why cant they get it right.just use 1.0 as the base and do other improvements.

Guys is there anyway humanly possible to get the damn option files on disc 1.0, Im willing to sell my body for this. Missing the pes legends offline makes me a sad man and I do have 2 versions of the game so Im wondering if there is anyway to transfer edit saves or something. I also bought the game on pc for this and realised that 1.0 doesnt exist there so Konami have took all my money and fucked me in my offline ass.

I was on Stadium Custom 4-6-4 but when i saw chiefrocka4real's amazing goal above & checked that he was using 0 zoom ,i changed to 3-7-4 & it was big change.I was able to see very large part of the pitch witch gave me more passing & crossing options, plus it helps a lot when comes to shooting especialy from far distance

Nice^^.
But this was recorded from the highlights.
I actually never record a whole match.

Cool, that you have found your setting :) .

I´m still having fun with the latest version.
Is it possible that they cranked up difficulty or AI attacks?
Professional became a bit harder than before.

Another thing:
Why bringing up all those coaches you can pick for your ML, if you don´t see him on the pitch side?
Just a dummy standing down there...

AI defender buys a fake on the first goal, and I liked a few things on the second one... The chest pass, using super cancel to block the CPU's pass inside and it's always nice to see a diving header :).
So many questions :) what controls are you playing on, and how do you do a chest pass - is that automatic depending on ball height?

Does the lid just come off? I thought hoovering it could damage it?

Quick question: How in the world do you set up local multiplayer on PS4?

Please remember that this is my first PES on PS4, so please don’t come down on me too hard…

Saturday night I was sitting down with a friend to play co-op World Cup in PES for the first time in maybe three years. We had looked forward to it for months. But as soon as I tried to add the second controller to the match, it came with this whole: “can’t support edited data… bla bla… playstation network sub account management… bla bla…” I get what the problem is, I just can’t seem to work out how to fix it! I’ve tried to log on to PS Store or PS Network, going into my account settings and everything and nowhere does it say anything about “Sub Account Management”. I even tried to do the whole ‘Family Settings’ under my account, but that didn’t seem to do anything either.

Ind the end, it turned out that my friend had an old PS account from the PS3 days that he managed to log into on my console and we got everything going. After about 30-40 minutes…

But what if I want to play with someone who DON’T have a Playstation Account? Why is this so damn difficult in the first place?!?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S. Yes, I’ve searched everywhere for a working solution, including Google and YouTube, but I just can’t seem to get any of it to work…

Quick question: How in the world do you set up local multiplayer on PS4?

Please remember that this is my first PES on PS4, so please don’t come down on me too hard…

Saturday night I was sitting down with a friend to play co-op World Cup in PES for the first time in maybe three years. We had looked forward to it for months. But as soon as I tried to add the second controller to the match, it came with this whole: “can’t support edited data… bla bla… playstation network sub account management… bla bla…” I get what the problem is, I just can’t seem to work out how to fix it! I’ve tried to log on to PS Store or PS Network, going into my account settings and everything and nowhere does it say anything about “Sub Account Management”. I even tried to do the whole ‘Family Settings’ under my account, but that didn’t seem to do anything either.

Ind the end, it turned out that my friend had an old PS account from the PS3 days that he managed to log into on my console and we got everything going. After about 30-40 minutes…

But what if I want to play with someone who DON’T have a Playstation Account? Why is this so damn difficult in the first place?!?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

P.S. Yes, I’ve searched everywhere for a working solution, including Google and YouTube, but I just can’t seem to get any of it to work…
You must have a PS account. No other work around dude.Soz.

IMHO don't even mess with parent/family accounts and BS. Somehow they feked it up after a recent firmware update.

Ok two things.

First mini review of PES 2020

Pros.

- This is the best football gameplay ever.

Cons.

- Player switching and responsiveness issues are there and are bad. Here is what i find interesting.

Although a general thing I've noticed on all PES Fox engine game but especially since 2018 the game has severe responsiveness and player switching issues on release, then they always fix it in October!

I honestly think they ship the game early in September in a late beta mode just to beat FIFA to the stores then release the finished version in late October. That feedback facebook group for me makes this all the more obvious.

- Fouls, just nowhere near enough of them! Too far the other way from the demo. Hope adam is right that they found a balance.

Right now i'm enjoying the game even with these flaws which are for me glaring because the rest of the game is just so fucking good! The game isn't easy but it's not as difficult as it could be because of the responsiveness issues is a general thing and at times the AI is inconsistent with how clinical they are in tight areas. for example looking at Rickys last ML vid with him vs City, City dominated like crazy but lacked the responsiveness to take advantage when the ball was lose the AI struggles to be clinical. The AI are more clinical when they are direct with less loose ball variables fucking things up.

You know what, its taken years to get here to this promised land but I'm sure happy to be alive to play this game in 2019. Some things do get better in time!

here is the best 0-0 you will ever see in a videogame so far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom