Votes: 212 45.1%
  • Yes, PES is still the better game

Votes: 146 31.1%
  • I play FIFA & PES, I like both

Votes: 100 21.3%
  • I play Football Manager/neither, they're both rubbish nowadays

Votes: 12 2.6%

• Total voters
jflores, it's all down to opinions, I find Fifa in PS3 leaps and leaps beyond of last-gen pes. Me and my friends are having the best offline multiplayer tournaments we've ever had. And we like and enjoy playing different teams, with different tactics, different players and different outcomes, all in semi/manual controls and no game trends stablished by the cpu at will.

It all comes down to what you expect and how do you expect to achieve it. I want to have control over my actions, have a wider array of ways to accomplish my goals and have a solid physics/collision/AI engine trying to represent it and Fifa delivers all this to em in a way PES can't.

And I agree with you as well. FIFA09 is a different kind of beast that emulates some things really well. I actually own the 360 version and love it! However, it still has some ways to go in the gameplay dept. For me and my mates, if Fifa09 can improve the player responsiveness and player stats, it will reach that point. That to me is what makes all the difference in PES.

First time i have both Games, PES is a disaster, after PES6 they produce only shit! Seabass has to stop smoking the shit he now smokes....ask in canada Seabass they have better Stuff...... i cant believe i am sying this.....!

If Fifa can copy some kind of PES Stuff it will be better,the response of the players is the problem...... the only Fifa who was 100% in that was the last xbox version of Fifa 07..... (not 360!!!!!) For the old xbox it was a superb game, with super reaction time..... mix it with PES5/PES6 and make me happy!

Last edited:
I'm still playing PES, but most of my time goes to FIFA. What I do these days is to play Manager Mode on FIFA for a season, then when the season is over, play a international cup (WC, Asian Cup, Euro, etc. switching it up yearly) with PES since it has more international teams anyway. It's a refreshing change after playing through a whole season in FIFA but I don't really see myself playing Master League anymore or anything. It's good in small doses, but over the long run I prefer FIFA.

I also play most of my multiplayer games with my friends on PES since they're more used to WE/PES games and they're only casual footie fans. PES is still better than FIFA on assisted (which they would have to play on, since they're only casual players) anyway.

Disagree, Watch the last 2 video's in the FIFA video thread, there on Assisted and they to me that looks much better than PES on assisted.

Disagree, Watch the last 2 video's in the FIFA video thread, there on Assisted and they to me that looks much better than PES on assisted.
I disagree with you, most of the goals in those two videos are just cutbacks or finesse shots into the bottom corner. 99% of the goals on assisted are like that, at least PES has some variation in what can be done on assisted (it's only control mode...).

Semi shooting is the way to go for me with Manual Through-Ball and Long Passes. And Assisted on passing. Manual passing is frustrating in that there is a slight delay when you want to pass right away. Putting it on Assisted, and this problem is eliminated however the margin for error is gone.

EA still needs a lot of work for the next Fifa..can't wait.

Fourth choice for me. PES is gone terrible and Fifa simply doesn't cut it for me, unfortunately. Sometimes I feel like playing WE 6 & 7. I wonder if I'll enjoy the games again...

I don't play it. i only have PES 6 on the PS2. and it looks/plays so grainy and dated compared to Fifa 09 on PS3 or even Fifa 08 for that matter.

I still endure play PES, but i play it a lot less than in its golden era. Frankly, i feel as if i am going off football games altogether. I don't think i have any interest in what Konami will offer next. Not only do they no longer whet my pre-release appetite, but when the final product arrives, it is, well, really nothing special and often a step backwards.
Alternatively, i'm perhaps marginally more interested now to see what Fifa do for their next installment.

I have to say i still enjoy playing pes 2v2 on line, but single player is pretty much dead for me. I have been playing the same masterleague mode too many years...we need something refreshing.

Im still playing pes 6 , imo the best football game so far :) But I Play Fifa 09 on xbox 360 thou , its fucking sweet :D:D

Righto...been reading a couple of threads here regarding the FIFA vs. PES debate...and here's what I think.

First of all..I've been playing footie games ever since the Atari..then moving on to SNES...N64..PS1...PS2...and NOW...I just got the PS3. I play football professionally and have been playing professionally for over 15 years...and I'm a footie freak aswell. For the games.

Just to let u know with my progression of games played...look on below:

SNES days: International Superstar Soccer

1996: The first FIFA game I truly played on the PC plus playing ISS on SNES

N64: ISS 64...no FIFA at all

From 97 till 2003: A MAJOR FIFA fan..up until FIFA 2003...the last FIFA I played. I began toying with PS1 WE in late 2002...then I got totally addicted to WE and left FIFA for it.

PS2: Totally hooked on PS2 WE and PES since WE6:FE, just tried FIFA 2003 like 2 games and totally left it behind...been a MASSSSIVE AND UNBEATABLE :p WE and PES fan till PES 2009 on the PS2.

PS3: I just bought a PS3...and the first game I played there was PES 2008..then FIFA 09

Now on to my reactions...

Well..I didn't like PES 2008 at all...and got back to PES 2009 with patches on the PS2 the next day..I felt yes..the graphics were a leap up from the PS2...but the gameplay was horrendous!! It totally reminded me of WE7 on the PS2 and some older FIFA games..with players movement with the ball turning robotic. The overall passing physics was similar to the PS2 versions so no complaints there.

As for FIFA 09..I couldn't believe the hype surrounding it..and being a totally converted WE and PES fanatic..I didn't want to get back to the "FIFA" ways..but I said what the hell..let's see what all the fuss is about! When I slotted it in..the presentations..etc..were quite "FIFA" tbh..so I wasn't that impressed..but when I started my first game (after changing the control scheme to a PES one), I was hooked on! Loved the game looked with most of the players resembling their real life counterparts..yes..I can use Berbatov for hold up play..and Evra real takes on forward runs down the left. I used to do practically anything I wanted with Ronaldo in any PES game..dribbling past whole teams...but now..FIFA's Ronaldo can get past a player or two maximum...and I HAVE TO start passing...or shooting for that matter. I also love the manual passing...u can sling in passes together and really think up plays... . The problem though I found with FIFA...sometimes the players feel a bit sluggish..though its leaps and bounds from the last FIFA i played (FIFA 2003)

I didn't get a chance to play PES 2009 on the PS3..but as for now...I'm sticking to FIFA 09 on the PS3...while playing PES on the PS2.

Cheers

I'm still waiting for good Pes! I have FIFA on my x360 but this game dont't have heart:))I'm not enjoying when i play FIFA.For 3 month FIFA is borring for me.I played 1 year Pes 6 and it was fun and not borring.KONAMI make a new engine for Pes!:COOL: Pes 2008 and 2009 are totally crap!They destroyed all series!!!I don't belive how KONAMI did that.Ea are laught for KONAMI.They gave Ea's very big suprise.

Last edited:
Playing Winning Eleven 2009 on PS2 now. It's very good and I'm enjoying it a lot especially playing against my friends. Gave FIFA 09 a solid try and it's ok. It's a solid effort but I find it boring to play. Gonna continue with the PS2 winning eleven until Konami comes out with a decent effort on the next gen platforms. I still have modest hopes for 2010.

Konami will never go back to old gameplay, PES is now a massprodukt for anyone.

So wehen something isnt easy the massplayer get bored and will not buy the next release....... so everyone produces now nextgenshit! I will try to get my x-box one on my hd Tv and also my PS2...... i still enjoy oldgen! And Fifa 09 makes fun we have some turnaments this weekend, everyone wants Fifa so i have plaed over 50 matches this weekend. and yes i enjoy it.......!

Guys dont cheating yourself please. Ok,ok pes3-5 was very good few years ago but now fifa09( nxt-gen console ) eating old pes- physic , graphics ,gameplay. After playing new fifa oldgen pes is for me schematic and boring like hell. Of course, we can find few bugs but anyway fifa09 is best football game ever for single and multi player. I bet that Konami staying with old engine in pes2010 :/. I am happy that EA now watching forums and want fix bugs noticed by users.

Yeah Rutter is actually responding to a lot of people on the official boards. Something Seabass would never do because he already knows what people want, even if they don't want it!

And to stay ontopic, I only play FIFA at the moment. I tried the demo of the latest PES on the 360 and I felt embarrassed for Konami really, the only thing that is different from the oldgen is the graphics I guess, but they still use the flat faces with jpeg image slapped to them. Konami is living in the past.

Yeah Rutter is actually responding to a lot of people on the official boards. Something Seabass would never do because he already knows what people want, even if they don't want it!

And to stay ontopic, I only play FIFA at the moment. I tried the demo of the latest PES on the 360 and I felt embarrassed for Konami really, the only thing that is different from the oldgen is the graphics I guess, but they still use the flat faces with jpeg image slapped to them. Konami is living in the past.

What about Hossak?

The release date of pes2008 was a black day in the history of the world, but i guess pes2009 is allright, ive just played with International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution for psx before pes2009 and they r really similar to eachother. Im so happy pes is allright again. So i think only 2008 didnt deserves the PES name. I dont know people why dont like 2009, and some of them REALLY like 2008... i guess they are...whatever. Im happy this year, because i didnt played soccer in 07/08.

Last edited:
FIFA is still trickery and unrealistic player interaction..PES is, despite it's obvious flaws, a better simulation and definitely more intuitive. Football is not about tricks and jockey press/release sprints, it's about timing, space and angles. PES understands this, FIFA is trying to copy but failed again this time.

FIFA is still trickery and unrealistic player interaction..PES is, despite it's obvious flaws, a better simulation and definitely more intuitive. Football is not about tricks and jockey press/release sprints, it's about timing, space and angles. PES understands this, FIFA is trying to copy but failed again this time.

you talking about shit fifa 09 on PC. fifa 09 on xbox360/ps3 is making by different group of peoples.Fifa09 is football king and pes5,6,2009 and other is just arcade game.

I'm talking about PS3, FIFA is not intuitive intelligent football (only in some instances), it relies too much on jockey bullcrap and unrealistic interactions, especially noob asswipes that play on automatic pass/shoot/score

I'm talking about PS3, FIFA is not intuitive intelligent football (only in some instances), it relies too much on jockey bullcrap and unrealistic interactions, especially noob asswipes that play on automatic pass/shoot/score

I want to see your console :YAWN: I bet you didnt play on console :FISH:

after pes 2009; fifa looks like the good ones of pes series and pes looks like old fifas'..

fifa has lots of leagues and cups and also impressive graphics..with fifa 09 gameplay improved and seems enjoyable..

but unfortunately pes is getting worse..the game is too bad without licensed teams and the gameplay decreases too..

why the fcuk would I lie man, grow up. I have a PS3 my mrs bought me for Christmas, bought the first FIFA game since 1997 to play on it (online) and I still prefer PES.

Relax, FIFA does some nice things and sometimes games are exciting, but too often it's dumb blunders/breakaways with Ronaldo/stupid "jockey" button mashing goals/bullcrap bounces etc. that undo your defense.

Football is the simple game, you don't need a combo of 4 buttons to pull off a move to evade a defender (the unresponsiveness of FIFA adds to the frustration).

It should be about timing, space, angles and clever movement off the ball, PES replicates this (even more so 5 yuears ago than today unfortunately)

Footbal and PES, easy to pick up and play, hard to master.

FIFA is trickery and jockey button bullcrap all over the pitch.

why the fcuk would I lie man, grow up. I have a PS3 my mrs bought me for Christmas, bought the first FIFA game since 1997 to play on it (online) and I still prefer PES.

Relax, FIFA does some nice things and sometimes games are exciting, but too often it's dumb blunders/breakaways with Ronaldo/stupid "jockey" button mashing goals/bullcrap bounces etc. that undo your defense.

Football is the simple game, you don't need a combo of 4 buttons to pull off a move to evade a defender (the unresponsiveness of FIFA adds to the frustration).

It should be about timing, space, angles and clever movement off the ball, PES replicates this (even more so 5 yuears ago than today unfortunately)

Footbal and PES, easy to pick up and play, hard to master.

FIFA is trickery and jockey button bullcrap all over the pitch.

I actually agree with some of your FIFA 09 critisisms espsecially the unresponsive comment. Button presses often feel spongey and your player acts too late and you either lose possesion or the chance to score has gone.

Back
Top Bottom