• Yes, PES is still the better game

Votes: 146 31.1%
  • I play FIFA & PES, I like both

Votes: 100 21.3%
  • I play Football Manager/neither, they're both rubbish nowadays

Votes: 12 2.6%

• Total voters
^^^^ RespecTT !!

The more I play FIFA 09 the more I'm getting frustrated. Last night, I almost broke my damn controller in half. Playing Legendary or World class difficulty sucks balls. CPU cheats so much it's not even funny. Impossible saves by the keeper, impossible passes, unrealistic goals, I mean not on this earth can you score a goal like CPU can on legendary diff. Every attack is intercepted but when I need to defend my players become "lazy" unresponsive like they are about to suffer cardiac arrest or something. I was never more mad than I was last night. My neighbors probably heard me screaming and yelling. The biggest bullshit with this game is referees are very biased. Every small tacke, I get called for or even carder, but the ref. never whistles when CPU fouls me. Last night, I was brought down so hard by Puyol in the penalty area and not even a call or PK or anything. Yeahhh right...

Maybe you should find something else to spend your time on, if you're close to going postal. At the end of the day, it is a game. Don't let it beat you, mentally.

Just invested in fifa 09 for ps3 £22 from amazon after being disappointed again by pes 2009, esp online....update patch was delayed and it still lags!!

I've played pes/iss/we since ps1 but feel its time for a change, i do have the feeling that going to fifa is almost like cheating on a girlfriend lol but after reading thru reviews and watching vids of fifa it looks pretty damn good plus several friends have gone over to fifa 09!

Looks like i'm turning over to the darkside! Just saddens me pes has let the title slip away......

well as soon as fifa 09 drops thru my letter box i'll be sure to cast my vote in here!!

p.s whats this assisted/ semi assisted/manual business in fifa 09 about cos i want best settings straight away, so if someone wouldn't mind filling me in on this??

Last edited:
I've ditched PES after ten years.

I find myself frustrated with FIFA, especially the moonwalking defenders and the advantage rule glitch, and decide to give PES a whirl. After one half of a game I'm back to FIFA. PES has not evolved AT ALL in the past few years whereas FIFA innovates and identifies its problems.

FIFA at its best is brilliant, but the problems can grate.

I still play PES but I also play Fifa in recent years aswell since 08. Make no mistake about it Fifa 09 (next gen) is the best football game out now...but I still play PES for the responsiveness and fluidity of play.

Pes has gone downhill though and Fifa is on the rise...I honestly think if next year follows recent trends then Fifa will be dominant and PES will be dead in the water....last year PES was still on top despite being far inferior to the much improved Fifa, this year it's alot more even and touch and go despite both games being much improved...I think next year will be Fifa's time if PES doesn't make major improvements and go all out...but they are already a year behind as it is thanks to the shoddy PES 2008.

Personally I don't think they can make up the defecit, I think it's Fifa's crown to take now. PES is 3 nil down with 20 minutes to go in the cup final and heads are dropping....in other words it's still possible but not very likely at all and if anything the rivals will win it easily now if not for one last kick in the teeth. I'm not saying PES is done and dusted but their dominant years will be over next year I think.

I'm just glad there's been 1 company making top quality football titles over the last 10 years picking up the slack for the other company so we at least have 1 good football game to play at any given moment...When EA was making crappy cash ins Konami were making undeniably great football games, and now that Konami has seemingly dropped the ball EA have pulled their fingers out and started making really good football games themselves.

And for those things I am grateful, otherwise we wouldn't even have any decent new football games to enjoy and then what would life be like! lol.

Last edited:
FIFA on PC is a different game to the next-gen versions, it's made by a different team and (IMO) it's poo. FIFA 09 on next-gen consoles is the best football game I've ever played (IMO). It's less buggy on 360 than it is on PS3 but otherwise it's the same.

woah talk about biased postin it in a fifa thread :APPLAUD: anyway it seems like there only 101 ppl who have voted that are not kids, if you look past fifa graphics and actually look at the game play you'l see pes is more responsive and plus one thing abot pes that I never see change what happens in the game on fifa is formations you can feel a difference on pes while fifa doen't seem to have any effect. Really ask urself if fifa had the gameplay it had now but with barely any licenses would you really still play it:CW:

Really ask urself if fifa had the gameplay it had now but with barely any licenses would you really still play it:CW:
Erm, yes I would. Why else would I have played PES almost every year up to this point, moron? And why would I have been a member of Evo-Web for five years?

Go to review websites AOBrien and FIFA is now rated above PES by the vast majority (and before you say "they're paid off", that's what we were all saying when PES was rated better by all the review sites last year, so obviously something has changed). Gamerankings.com adds them all up (that's a lot of reviews by a lot of people) and gives you the average review rating:

PES2009 AVERAGE RATIO: 73%
FIFA 09 AVERAGE RATIO: 90%

Even FourFourTwo this month says PES is the same as it's ever been, it feels old, unresponsive and it feels like a "traditional" game (i.e. fast, easy and nothing like realistic); whereas FIFA 09 has fresh gameplay that mirrors the modern game perfectly, everything has been reworked and it feels more like real football than anything before it, making PES2009 feel like a blast from the past that you'd only play when you'd forgotten just how stiff and crappy it was.

You're entitled to your opinion but so are the people who prefer FIFA this year (i.e. the majority).

Last edited:
woah talk about biased postin it in a fifa thread :APPLAUD:
Biased? People have given proper reasons as to why they think FIFA is better. Basically all the PES fans can come up with "it's more responsive" (which I think is false now), "it's more fun" (for me, more realism = more fun, so PES is not fun), "the gameplay is better" (in what way? nobody elaborates).

anyway it seems like there only 101 ppl who have voted that are not kids,
So only people who say PES is the better game are not kids?
You really are an immature idiot and people like you are part of the reason why PES is so bad now. You'll just take any shit that Konami give you and hail it as a great game and say it's much better than FIFA, no matter how good FIFA is.

If anything, PES is now the "kids game" with the extreme fast-pace, all AI-controlled passing/crossing/shooting, and really easy dribbling, making it possible to beat 3 or 4 defenders with ease.

if you look past fifa graphics and actually look at the game play you'l see pes is more responsive
More responsive, that's the only thing then? I think that's not even true now anyway.

and plus one thing abot pes that I never see change what happens in the game on fifa is formations you can feel a difference on pes while fifa doen't seem to have any effect.
That just shows how little you know about the game, the custom tactics are one of the biggest improvements in FIFA, with a change of tactic mid-game completely changing the match sometimes.

Really ask urself if fifa had the gameplay it had now but with barely any licenses would you really still play it:CW:
Yes, I would. PES is just an outdated, arcadey and very badly made game.

Biased? People have given proper reasons as to why they think FIFA is better. Basically all the PES fans can come up with "it's more responsive" (which I think is false now), "it's more fun" (for me, more realism = more fun, so PES is not fun), "the gameplay is better" (in what way? nobody elaborates).

So only people who say PES is the better game are not kids?
You really are an immature idiot and people like you are part of the reason why PES is so bad now. You'll just take any shit that Konami give you and hail it as a great game and say it's much better than FIFA, no matter how good FIFA is.

If anything, PES is now the "kids game" with the extreme fast-pace, all AI-controlled passing/crossing/shooting, and really easy dribbling, making it possible to beat 3 or 4 defenders with ease.

More responsive, that's the only thing then? I think that's not even true now anyway.

That just shows how little you know about the game, the custom tactics are one of the biggest improvements in FIFA, with a change of tactic mid-game completely changing the match sometimes.

Yes, I would. PES is just an outdated, arcadey and very badly made game.

Im here because Im a PC gamer and EA screwed me royally...
WHY ARE YOU HERE ROB?
If PES is a crap game why are you here?

Im here because Im a PC gamer and EA screwed me royally...
Then why did you choose to have a username which is the same as a game which "screwed you royally"?

WHY ARE YOU HERE ROB?
If PES is a crap game why are you here?
I used to play previous PES games and put patches on them which were on this site, that's why I signed up.

I'm still here because I now enjoy FIFA and there are people here who discuss it sensibly and maturely (more than can be said about other forums which discuss FIFA) and I enjoy playing online with people on here.

I am also here to get laughs out of the many retards which visit this forum and post hilariously rubbish posts. Their IQ must be about the same as their age, and they don't seem very old...

Then why did you choose to have a username which is the same as a game which "screwed you royally"?

I used to play previous PES games and put patches on them which were on this site, that's why I signed up.

I'm still here because I now enjoy FIFA and there are people here who discuss it sensibly and maturely (more than can be said about other forums which discuss FIFA) and I enjoy playing online with people on here.

I am also here to get laughs out of the many retards which visit this forum and post hilariously rubbish posts. Their IQ must be about the same as their age, and they don't seem very old...

My nickname is same irony as your presense here ;)

Not really, as this place has a FIFA section and a lot of people talk about the game and play it online on here whereas you have the username of a game you don't even like...

Last edited by a moderator:
Their IQ must be about the same as their age, and they don't seem very old...

Will you stop it with the IQ nonsense? Its pretty daft to assume a person's IQ and age based on criticism towards video games.

Will you stop it with the IQ nonsense? Its pretty daft to assume a person's IQ and age based on criticism towards video games.
If someone can't type properly (if their first language is English) or can't type out meaningful posts which are justified then there must be a reason for that happening. The only two reasons I see for that being the case is that they are either retards (low IQ) or very young.

Can you blame me?
I think it's just strange to keep going on about how you've been screwed over by EA with the very poor FIFA 09 PC, but you decided to use it's name as your username... I don't blame you for not liking the game, it's garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone can't type properly (if their first language is English) or can't type out meaningful posts which are justified then there must be a reason for that happening. The only two reasons I see for that being the case is that they are either retards (low IQ) or very young.

Thats still not a good enough way to judge a person's intellect. There's a saying that goes "you only call other people stupid to make yerself look smarter".

Tell me, how do u determine one's first language? and making a perception that they're retards because of a measly one-lined dumb comment is no different than thinking them as mentally ill or delirious.

For fookin sakes, its just a footie game.

I think this thread has run its course as it has now dipped into the world of personal insults...

Thats still not a good enough way to judge a person's intellect. There's a saying that goes "you only call other people stupid to make yerself look smarter".
Well that saying doesn't apply to me. If someone is stupid then I don't point it out to make me seem smarter.

Tell me, how do u determine one's first language?
Usually their username or location/team on their profile gives that away

and making a perception that they're retards because of a measly one-lined dumb comment is no different than thinking them as mentally ill or delirious.
Well these people obviously don't have enough sense to realise that what they are posting is completely false and an embarrasment to them, and continue to post that crap.
There must be something wrong with them for that to happen, or they can't have been here (or the internet as a whole) very long.

For fookin sakes, its just a footie game.
I know, but if people want to discuss it, they should do it properly.

Well that saying doesn't apply to me. If someone is stupid then I don't point it out to make me seem smarter.

Usually their username or location/team on their profile gives that away

Well these people obviously don't have enough sense to realise that what they are posting is completely false and an embarrasment to them, and continue to post that crap.
There must be something wrong with them for that to happen, or they can't have been here (or the internet as a whole) very long.

I know, but if people want to discuss it, they should do it properly.

you know information given on the internet aren't 100% true, i'm sure yer able to realize that. Locations and team names don't necessarily give out the person's real location.

Nevertheless, if the post seem completely false just correct it, back up yer statement on why its wrong and get on with it, since u've made yer point.

Sometimes people are just taking a piss when they're posting irrelevant nonsense, when it happens u just ignore it. These kind of things usually happen when the user is on the internet for TOO LONG.

Sorry for bring things offtopic,
Now this thread doesn't specify whether we're playing PES on a specific platform right?
In that case, I've just got me hands on the new PES2009 for the PSP and I'm loving it. BAL mode on the PSP is superb, just need a few patches to sort out the kits, that'll be out soon tho. :D
Best portable footie game out there by a mile.

Zakov, just because you ignore it when people post nonsense, it doesn't mean that everyone else has to. Why do you think you have the right to tell someone to 'just ignore it'?

What's hilarious is that you ignore it when someone posts nonsense, yet you DON'T ignore it when Rob replies to the person that posted nonsense. Quite strange :)

I think that maybe you should ignore Rob if you ignored the other guy, it seems only fair. A less polite way to word that would be 'SHUT UP, IDIOT'. However, I believe it is your right to choose if you ignore both forum members, or just one of them, regardless of how unfair that is and whether or not it shows that you have double standards.

P.S. Not everybody insults other people to make themselves seem better. Some people give insults as they are deserved. If you just IGNORE it when you think someone has done something wrong, then everybody will just do exactly as they choose (e.g. Bush will invade IRAQ with no worries, as he knows everyone will do as you are telling them, and just ignore his actions). I think that it is good to speak out if you think someone's being a t*sser. Hence this post was written :)

Last edited:
Zakov, just because you ignore it when people post nonsense, it doesn't mean that everyone else has to. Why do you think you have the right to tell someone to 'just ignore it'?

Ugh and I was trying to keep on topic, yer clearly missing the point here, since we have a different view on what kind "nonsense" I'm talking about. The kind of nonsense that I'm saying is those dreadful one lined comments that are intended to be offensive or just take the piss out of things. I don't think Rob's post was nonsense of that kind(I just happened to disagree with his way of thinking), and was worth replying to.

That's because I'm aware and expect that Rob would respond to me in a civilized manner, whereas when u reply to a person/poster who's clearly trying to wind things up, it'll just give him an excuse to post more garbage.

Do I make myself clear? ;)

And NBA2k9 is good/great depending on yer interest in Basketball, the best NBA game u can get these days. Realism and Fun packed up nicely.
cheers

Last edited:
I for one still play the PS2 version of this game with my mate. We play PES2008 PS2 and have some cracking games against each other. We play using National Teams only with him being Argentina and me being Brazil. He's a very good WE veteran and so am I, this ofcourse makes for some very interesting, nail biting and realistic "clasico" games between these two powerhouse teams.

Something that must be said is that to this day, I have yet to play a game that mimics the beautiful sport of futbol vs another human that this and other PS2 versions are able to do. The game, even with it's faults, has that magic that I have yet to find in any other futbol sim to this day. Don't really know what it is about this game that just feels right and does many things right..but boy is it a blast to play against another human. Perhaps it's the excellent responsiveness of the players, or the overall difference that the stats make on who you are controlling, I don't know what it is really, can't quiet put my finger on it since there are so many little things that contribute to just how "right" the game feels and plays. Like many games, it has it's ugly side as well, but in spite of all this, to this day, some of the past PS2 versions of this game are still leaps and bounds beyond any other game that the Next Gen versions have ever produced.

You better beleive that I still play and fully enjoy the PS2 past versions of this game.

jflores, it's all down to opinions, I find Fifa in PS3 leaps and leaps beyond of last-gen pes. Me and my friends are having the best offline multiplayer tournaments we've ever had. And we like and enjoy playing different teams, with different tactics, different players and different outcomes, all in semi/manual controls and no game trends stablished by the cpu at will.

It all comes down to what you expect and how do you expect to achieve it. I want to have control over my actions, have a wider array of ways to accomplish my goals and have a solid physics/collision/AI engine trying to represent it and Fifa delivers all this to em in a way PES can't.

jflores, it's all down to opinions, I find Fifa in PS3 leaps and leaps beyond of last-gen pes. Me and my friends are having the best offline multiplayer tournaments we've ever had. And we like and enjoy playing different teams, with different tactics, different players and different outcomes, all in semi/manual controls and no game trends stablished by the cpu at will.

It all comes down to what you expect and how do you expect to achieve it. I want to have control over my actions, have a wider array of ways to accomplish my goals and have a solid physics/collision/AI engine trying to represent it and Fifa delivers all this to em in a way PES can't.

IMO EA in 2010 should give stats a higher importance...and even higher randomness...its a football game not chess...

Back
Top Bottom