Championship Mini-League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game by the way Holio, and I apologise for the dirty tackles. They weren't intended, sorry mate :(

I'm not taking any of your comments the wrong way, I understand everyone has to deal with the same flaws. But it pisses me off that we should HAVE to deal with flaws just to play a game of football. You guys obviously have played more and are used to the flaws more, but it annoys me to think I have to play a game not how I want it to be played, but to change my game because I have to cope with the AI not moving my defence around properly.

I am certain the AI defence is better, miles better, on Pro against the CPU. Yet if I'm a midfielder and leave the defence to the CPU, it fucks up far too many times to make me think it plays to the same level as Pro.

I think I'm okay at defending, I don't rush in, I stand off how I need to. But if the defence can't do a proper job while I take control of one player then what's the point? I know you wont agree but I believe I rarely lose goals because I messed up. Very few goals go in because the player I'm controlling got skinned. The goals go in because, somewhere along the defence, a player decides he wont track a runner and thinks he'll look to see if his Dad is in the crowd. Meanwhile I'm standing off the player with the ball while he dinks a through ball though, literally THROUGH my player who's daydreaming away, for the opposition to score. Leaving me to wonder why the CPU decides it can't move the defender like it does on Pro level.

I'm not the best player in the world, but I'm not the worst either. And I'm losing these games not because I lack the skill. It's because I haven't adapted to flaws. So I can be the most skillful player on FIFA, but if I don't dumb down my game to accomodate a braindead AI, then I get beat.

It's just not right, that's all. I know I'm a moaner, I moaned in the last league and I'm moaning now. Some things never change I guess.

dags until i played friggin aston villa the other night i was having the same problems. Then i read somwhere when your in posession, DO NOT USE SPRINT, UNLESS YOUR ON THE WINGS OR ONE ON ONE WITH THE KEEPER. Just posses and knock the ball around... try it, against some oppoenents you will always keep the ball away from them.. knock it around to the open man as much as possible, eventually something will open up... kind of the beauty of this game, it also helps to be a good team...

That's me :8):

Could have been 5-5. But the CPU wouldn't let me score, including a penalty against the bar, and missing from 5 yards out in front of the goal. Just one of them games where nothing goes for you.

All Jay's goals were tap ins, either from a cutback or a low cross, as that's what he does EVERY time he gets near the wing. Seriously man, have a shot from more than 10 yards once in a while. Same with corners, ALWAYS fired in low to the near post. Gets boring after a while. As does running your attacker forward for EVERY goal kick I have.

Most disappointing though, was when Jay was 4-0 up, I managed to break clean through and he just hacked me. What's the point? If winning means that much to you then that says a lot really.

Got to agree with some points. Jay does play a lot of cut-backs, which I got onto and managed to stop most of them. And again, his running the forward onto a goalkick. That was one of his goals against me. Quite predictable, but I still couldn't beat him :(

Could have been 5-5. But the CPU wouldn't let me score, including a penalty against the bar, and missing from 5 yards out in front of the goal. Just one of them games where nothing goes for you.

All Jay's goals were tap ins, either from a cutback or a low cross, as that's what he does EVERY time he gets near the wing. Seriously man, have a shot from more than 10 yards once in a while. Same with corners, ALWAYS fired in low to the near post. Gets boring after a while. As does running your attacker forward for EVERY goal kick I have.

Most disappointing though, was when Jay was 4-0 up, I managed to break clean through and he just hacked me. What's the point? If winning means that much to you then that says a lot really.

Sorry Tim, I always find your inability to lose gracefully endearing, but what a crock of friggin shit you just wrote there. I'm literally laughing my arse of here after reading that review. 5-5 , cutbacks, tap ins, sorry mate but I reckon you should have written this straight after we played, as it may have even resembled the truth then. Mate you have written some serious bullshit and darn right lies there, but hey 5-0 is 5-0 even though it could have been 5-5 in Tim's world if it wasn't for the evil CPU. :lmao:

Got to agree with some points. Jay does play a lot of cut-backs, which I got onto and managed to stop most of them. And again, his running the forward onto a goalkick. That was one of his goals against me. Quite predictable, but I still couldn't beat him :(

lol I didn't run forward, you passed me the ball you knob.I may start recording games now, this is f'ing silly. And I'm not a wing player I mix it up a lot as any honest player will tell you.

Peoples reactions to losing are very funny indeed

Winning 5-0 and its good game mate and plenty of smileys :)

To add to that Tim, what's dissapointing is that a lot of good football was played in our game, and I generally outplayed you today and you post that kind of shit, you really are a bad loser mate and it's frankly very very childish. Goal 1 was a through ball and I tapped it past your keeper 1 on 1. Goal 2 Was a shot which rebounded and my player fininshed. Goal 3 was a mistake by your defence and I nicked the ball and did cut back but what else am I meant to do from there. Goal 4 was straight after, when you was sulking and kicked it back to your keeper from the kick off and he stood there and I took it off him and tapped in. Goal 5 was a good passing move into teh box where my palyer turned you and hit it top corner from about 10 yards, so your imaginary game never happenend mate.

Peoples reactions to losing are very funny indeed

Winning 5-0 and its good game mate and plenty of smileys :)
HAHA :D

That's exactly what I said to someone on MSN half an hour ago, Tim wins 5-0 and says "good game mate" like it was a hard-fought match and a classic encounter, he loses 5-0 and it's a totally "undeserved win" which is equally unrealistic :D

No offence Tim ;)

Great game by the way Holio, and I apologise for the dirty tackles. They weren't intended, sorry mate :(

It was a good game lad, though a draw would of been a fair result I think, cause I think me and you are about the same level on this game. I cant compete with the guys who have played hundreds of games online. My guy who got booked wasnt intentional either mate, you see the ball, you make a play for it, but by the time it's in the game, the ball has gone. You also got to realise that Championship teams arent as skilled as the Premier League lot, so you got to play alot more simple football. First game I had used Wolves, they certainly dont have the pace that Huckerby and Cureton showed for you.

Offline to Online play is different, Offline Vs the CPU the 'responsiveness' of your players is better than when playing Online. So it takes abit to adjust, you need to be thinking further ahead if you can! I think the button lag or responsiveness of your players in singleplayer is there in order for you to play Online and so it doesnt totally alienate you when you go on Live.

HAHA :D

That's exactly what I said to someone on MSN half an hour ago, Tim wins 5-0 and says "good game mate" like it was a hard-fought match and a classic encounter, he loses 5-0 and it's a totally "undeserved win" which is equally unrealistic :D

No offence Tim ;)
Jack, we talked on MSN and you were agreeing with me on everything we said. The fact that all Jay does it cutbacks and chip shot goals, the fact he always hacks people when they get clean through, and the fact that he's not a good player, he just exploits the game.

JayD said:
Sorry Tim, I always find your inability to lose gracefully endearing, but what a crock of friggin shit you just wrote there. I'm literally laughing my arse of here after reading that review. 5-5 , cutbacks, tap ins, sorry mate but I reckon you should have written this straight after we played, as it may have even resembled the truth then. Mate you have written some serious bullshit and darn right lies there, but hey 5-0 is 5-0 even though it could have been 5-5 in Tim's world if it wasn't for the evil CPU.
Absolute bollocks mate. EVERY time you hit the wings and stick in a low cross or cutback. It's really pathetic. You aren't a good player, you just exploit the game as I said. All other players score many different types of goals, depending in what situation they are in, you will always try to play for a cutback or a chip shot goal.

Sorry if you're offended, as you're an alright bloke, but when it comes to playing FIFA you're a complete tosser.

Jack, we talked on MSN and you were agreeing with me on everything we said. The fact that all Jay does it cutbacks and chip shot goals, the fact he always hacks people when they get clean through, and the fact that he's not a good player, he just exploits the game.
I said that if he couldn't do a chip shot or a cutback then he couldn't score. And? I don't see what a joke about you being such a sore loser has to do with that.

This is why my first words to you were "I don't want to get involved", JayD has come out and called DagsJT a knob in anger, and every game you lose you say was undeserved and go on a rant. You and JayD need to sort this out between yourselves.

Don't worry there won't be no rematch. As for me being an alright bloke, you know fuck all about me Tim, so don't patronise me. At the end of the day Tim, when it comes to FIFA you call me a Tosser but when it comes to games full stop Tim your a cunt. I had this same shit with Pro Evo. Tim read your report on any one of your defeats and it's undeserved. Say what the fuck you like about exploits or whatever because quiet frankly I don't give a fuck anymore, I aint gonna defend myself over a game on a forum, I'm bigger than that. But one thing Tim, and you know it, is your recollection of our game was bollocks and if you reckon it actually happened that wat then your not just a cunt but a delusional cunt at that.

Woah chill out you lot, i think you all need to play Lego for a bit to relieve some tension :)

All of you goals came from within 10 yards of the goal, more than not, with an open goal.

Enough!!

This thread will need one hell of a clear out by the end of the night so any more of this shit will be gone by the morning anyway. Carry on the bitching if you must but its all pointless

lol I didn't run forward, you passed me the ball you knob.I may start recording games now, this is f'ing silly. And I'm not a wing player I mix it up a lot as any honest player will tell you.

Knob? Is there any need for that? :roll:

Personal insults aren't necessary mate, calling me a know isn't really on. Because I disagree with some things with you, to personally insult me is a bit low and you've gone down in my estimation tonight. Not that you'll care of course, but still. If you weren't such an established member on this forum and you were newly registered, would a personal insult like that be tolerated? I'm not asking for you to be thrown off the board, but I would expect an apology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah mate.

Tims round mine and we are playing a bit of Manager mode

It was a good game lad, though a draw would of been a fair result I think, cause I think me and you are about the same level on this game. I cant compete with the guys who have played hundreds of games online. My guy who got booked wasnt intentional either mate, you see the ball, you make a play for it, but by the time it's in the game, the ball has gone. You also got to realise that Championship teams arent as skilled as the Premier League lot, so you got to play alot more simple football. First game I had used Wolves, they certainly dont have the pace that Huckerby and Cureton showed for you.

Offline to Online play is different, Offline Vs the CPU the 'responsiveness' of your players is better than when playing Online. So it takes abit to adjust, you need to be thinking further ahead if you can! I think the button lag or responsiveness of your players in singleplayer is there in order for you to play Online and so it doesnt totally alienate you when you go on Live.

The bit about skill is a good point. I tried to play a lot of one/two touch passing and it worked to a point but the skill level showed a lot more using these teams.

I did understand your tackle wasn't meant too, just one of those things. But yea, best game I've had, pretty evenly matched :applause:

Absolute bollocks mate. EVERY time you hit the wings and stick in a low cross or cutback. It's really pathetic. You aren't a good player, you just exploit the game as I said. All other players score many different types of goals, depending in what situation they are in, you will always try to play for a cutback or a chip shot goal.

Sorry if you're offended, as you're an alright bloke, but when it comes to playing FIFA you're a complete tosser.

In fact, no you mention it, didn't you score a chip-shot goal against me Jay? :-k

I don't think we can complain about Jay's style to be honest. We know how he plays and if we know his style and can't work out how to counter it ... well it's our own fault I guess?

It just kills the enjoyment and whole point of the game for me if someone is just doing the same thing EVERY attack.

It just kills the enjoyment and whole point of the game for me if someone is just doing the same thing EVERY attack.

Taking you back to playing PES. The main fault with playing PES online was the cut-back goals. At least it's not so much of an exploit on this game though.

Yea exactly, FIFA has such good gameplay that it is almost an insult to it, to just try and score cutbacks every time.

Enough!!

This thread will need one hell of a clear out by the end of the night so any more of this shit will be gone by the morning anyway. Carry on the bitching if you must but its all pointless
If you and Tim are both in the same house playing Manager Mode, why don't you just drag his wrists away from the keyboard for a while and play? Problem solved. ;)

(Don't go taking that the wrong way now, just trying to drag some of the tension kicking and screaming out of the thread)

In fact, no you mention it, didn't you score a chip-shot goal against me Jay? :-k

I don't think we can complain about Jay's style to be honest. We know how he plays and if we know his style and can't work out how to counter it ... well it's our own fault I guess?

No

Knob? Is there any need for that? :roll:

Personal insults aren't necessary mate, calling me a know isn't really on. Because I disagree with some things with you, to personally insult me is a bit low and you've gone down in my estimation tonight. Not that you'll care of course, but still. If you weren't such an established member on this forum and you were newly registered, would a personal insult like that be tolerated? I'm not asking for you to be thrown off the board, but I would expect an apology.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom