Championship Mini-League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'm on tonight, maybe before the Liverpool game if there's anyone else available for a game? I'm determined to get at least a point out of this league :p

Yep, I'm on tonight, maybe before the Liverpool game if there's anyone else available for a game? I'm determined to get at least a point out of this league :p

Will try to be on before the game, and that will be your points mate. ;)

It's not a matter of letting. It's the fact the game sends the DC's so far forward that the opposition striker only has to step forward a few faces to be between the GK and DC. This wouldn't happen in real life, unless the GK and told the defence to specifically push up as he was going to kick it long. Otherwise a DC, or any number of defensive players, would make themselves available for the short pass.

The problem in our game there was no one there. You had a player sent of and you passed it to gap where he would have been. Also you have full control over the direction when you pass out.

The main league better beware if I get back in and get a better team than Derby. ;)

Hopefully i will get better than Boro next time

Derby then Boro for me so not the kindest draws

I'm just waiting for the 'Thunder' Known as TIM7 after a defeat, yo post in here. ;)

For fucks sake, this has to be my connection! I really need to find out what is going on because since we had this router, I've had nothing but problems connecting to people on XBL. Pile of shit Belkin, paid £90 for it as well after our crappy D-Link broke down.

Prepare yourself JayD, a storm's comin...

I'm not sure where to start. I'll gather my thoughts and post in a bit.

Last edited:
Plymouth 3 Can't remember who BitterRivals was now but 2

So 3 wins out of 3 for the not so mighty Plymouth.

Prepare yourself JayD, a storm's comin...

I'm not sure where to start. I'll gather my thoughts and post in a bit.
I know what it will say, to summarise it and get the nervous tension over with; it was lagging like hell, you were cheating from start to finish and CW kept putting his hands over Tim's eyes :lol:

I fucking dont believe it, I seriously dont. Got beat by Holio 3-2. I was leading 1-0, get back to 2-2 and he scores in the 90th minute. His first was a result of my player running through the ball and not bothering to take the ball with him, and the last goal was the AI controlled defence doing fuck all and standing there while he walked through my defence ... again. The AI pisses me right off on this game.

Nearly an expensive game too, threw my pad at the floor when that last goal went in, thought I'd broken it. Fucking sick of FIFA though, sick of players running through other players and through the ball, sick of shit reactions and sick of the AI not bothering to have any kind of defence, yet playing against the CPU on Pro and the defence is rock solid, what gives?

I fucking dont believe it, I seriously dont. Got beat by Holio 3-2. I was leading 1-0, get back to 2-2 and he scores in the 90th minute. His first was a result of my player running through the ball and not bothering to take the ball with him, and the last goal was the AI controlled defence doing fuck all and standing there while he walked through my defence ... again. The AI pisses me right off on this game.

Nearly an expensive game too, threw my pad at the floor when that last goal went in, thought I'd broken it. Fucking sick of FIFA though, sick of players running through other players and through the ball, sick of shit reactions and sick of the AI not bothering to have any kind of defence, yet playing against the CPU on Pro and the defence is rock solid, what gives?

Mate, I'm gonna try and be as nice as I can. It's YOU!! Mate your just not ready for online competition yet, you can't keep blaming the CPU it's the same for everyone and it's no where remotley as bad as you keep making it out to be. There are flaws, definitely. But you moaned in the last league now you are moaning more here, you really have to get used to tackling etc, people have played a lot more than you online so are superior players and they don't have the same issues. Don't take this the wrong way.

Norwich 2 v 3 Wolves

Norwich got off to a blinder as Holio returning to management with Wolves took a while to get his team to play how he wanted. Norwich scored in the 8th minute, the half played out with tasty tackles on both sides of the ball. Wolves then started the 2nd half brightly and scored on the 52nd min. Then a quick counter attack break in the 72nd by Norwich took them in front 2v1. Wolves equalised again in the 80th, and tried to keep pushing forward. A break down the left was stopped, but Norwich kicked the ball straight back to Wolves, who then broke into the box on the left, being pushed out wide they passed back inside from the by line to an empty six yard box in which the RW came in to knock home the winner in the 91st.

No offence to Dags, this isn't aimed at you, I've just been reminded of something from JayD's post above.

It makes me laugh, whenever dad concedes a goal in the league he goes on about how "it's not fair". You're a human playing a human, how can it not be fair? :lol:

There's problems with the game, I'd say 5-10% of my goals conceded have come from a defender not reacting (either to the ball or the button-press, I've conceded an own goal by my defender running into the net despite me HAMMERING for him to turn around and clear it), or a goalkeeper running to one post and deciding to stay there for a while. My dad reckons the keepers palm the ball out to the strikers too much as well, but I don't notice that. I don't concede that many dodgy goals in total, and it's a brilliant game IMO.

I hate the response times as well but once you adapt (if you give yourself the opportunity that is ;)) you don't feel it.

Jay is spot on im afraid Dags

All of us can manage with the little flaws, you just need to play more and you will learn how to kinda counter well not counter, minimise most of the flaws

Plymouth ( Jay D78 ) 5 v Southampton ( TIM7 ) 0

What can I say.
Could have been 5-5. But the CPU wouldn't let me score, including a penalty against the bar, and missing from 5 yards out in front of the goal. Just one of them games where nothing goes for you.

All Jay's goals were tap ins, either from a cutback or a low cross, as that's what he does EVERY time he gets near the wing. Seriously man, have a shot from more than 10 yards once in a while. Same with corners, ALWAYS fired in low to the near post. Gets boring after a while. As does running your attacker forward for EVERY goal kick I have.

Most disappointing though, was when Jay was 4-0 up, I managed to break clean through and he just hacked me. What's the point? If winning means that much to you then that says a lot really.

dags until i played friggin aston villa the other night i was having the same problems. Then i read somwhere when your in posession, DO NOT USE SPRINT, UNLESS YOUR ON THE WINGS OR ONE ON ONE WITH THE KEEPER. Just posses and knock the ball around... try it, against some oppoenents you will always keep the ball away from them.. knock it around to the open man as much as possible, eventually something will open up... kind of the beauty of this game, it also helps to be a good team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom