Championship Mini-League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, alright, calm down. I don't play 5v5 because I don't like it.

I was referring to other people, which should have been obvious from the way I said "I don't understand"... FIFA 08 is a great game but I can't understand how people can fit in three different game modes a night and not touch any other games. It was a genuine question, not a bitchy comment.

I wasn't trying to come off foul. I don't do that. I probably should have worded it differently with some smilies surrounding it.

Rag MDM 65 is my brother-in-law. Doesn't have an Evo-Web username but he's a huge PES fan of ten years who played FIFA 08 once (he was literally forced) and realised how shit PES has become. Now he only plays one game (literally, see his gamercard). Agent Shaw is his son.

Agent Shaw is welcome, Jack :)

5 mins left!!!

REGISTRATION CLOSED

Video up somewhere soon (hopefully).

Last edited:
Well done bud. You looked like you was bricking it though ;). So when can we start, Plymouth are ready and waiting.

Feel free to play away :) Report results in here so everyone gets to see too :thumbup:

I'll be on till about 11 i reckon, i've added a few but if i haven't - add me n i'll play :)

What's the scoop do we play each other just the once each?

Norwich 0-2 Ipswich

Rubbish game of which I had no control of most of the players, most of the time. Crap physics meant I couldn't win any 50-50's and my players felt like they were made of paper. Shots went at 2mph including two chances where I was clear through. Shite, utter shite.

I'm going to stick with the league though, regardless of the game pissing me off.

Alright ta, come on yyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu Wolves mate.

Norwich 0-2 Ipswich

Rubbish game of which I had no control of most of the players, most of the time. Crap physics meant I couldn't win any 50-50's and my players felt like they were made of paper. Shots went at 2mph including two chances where I was clear through. Shite, utter shite.

I'm going to stick with the league though, regardless of the game pissing me off.

LOL Why bother?

I'll get used to it as time goes on I guess :p

I want to be involved in all of the league antics that go on here, I feel left out of it all since I left the Prem League.

1184769.jpg

TIM7?

Norwich 0-4 Plymouth

I gave up after my GK passed the ball from a goal-kick straight to JayD's forward. Just started fucking around after that, pointless me trying to get anything else as no way I was going to win. Good game until then tho JayD.

Thats what happens when you show your face - Thats why I live beneath an opera house and have half my face covered by half a white mask. I play a mean Organ though........not sexual organ though......or maybe it is :)

Sounds as if you pressed A to get through a replay or something and it just passed the ball straight out.

It's not a glitch, but FIFA 08 is the only game where the DC's are so far forward that it makes a short goalkick pretty much impossible. Not very realistic and something I've never experienced in any other football game where you couldn't pass to your DC.

So it's not just me then! Phew, I was beginning to think it was after reading peoples comments, cheers Tim :)

I'll be back on for some games after the Liverpool win tomorrow ;)

It's not a glitch, but FIFA 08 is the only game where the DC's are so far forward that it makes a short goalkick pretty much impossible. Not very realistic and something I've never experienced in any other football game where you couldn't pass to your DC.

I tend to give the opposition the chance to pass though.

Someone's got to tell me how Agent Shaw is doing...

He's not mentioned any of his results so far so I presume he's doing badly :D

He hasn't played yet mate!

DagsJT: Yeah, it's kind of a CPU error with the defenders being so far back, but then also a little bit of human error as you can see if there is an attacker closing your defender down before you pass the goal kick, so swings and roundabouts really. Is annoying though, God knows I've conceeded a few goals because of it! :mad: :lol:

I tend to give the opposition the chance to pass though.

I never run my CF up to the defender, that just seems like cheating, let them pass the ball out if they want, then close them down. I usually just kick by-balls long though as most people seem to run their CF up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom