Champions League 2011/12

a passionate city, fans, president, players... you feel the buzz even through the tv..

wich on the other hand City can´t but and never won´t buy with money..

simply money can´t buy you this..

kuddos to Bayern tonight

Bayern is one of my fav teams (out of Barcelona, Madrid and Man Utd) to win the Champions League this year if injuries respect them. They appear to be solid and efficient, which are the key quality to win this trophy.

Bayern were HUGE yesterday...this was a great performance.
Yesterday's match also learned me that Man City aren't contenders yet...something is missing and i don't know what besides the obvious fact that they need a decent left back. Yesterday once Aguero and Silva were neutralised, City were hopeless...i 'm not sure if this is due to City's weakness (relative of course) or Bayern's strength.

What a fantastic group this is...oh and the team i prefer most is Napoli. I agree with you Pipa.

in the Champions League for 99% of the time Defence > Attack, (Barcelona being the exception) it's more important to have top quality defence then to have great forwards, City defensively don't possess that at the minute.

I think Mancini made a strange call in putting Kolo Touré in as a started ahead of Lescott. Normally I would say that Kolo Touré is much better than Lescott, but he hasnt played for ages since the weight loss drug ban, except the Everton game at the weekend when, again he was suspect. It would have been better to play Lescott and Kompany instead of Touré and Kompany. Kompany was also playing on less favourite side of the CB position.

Also how on earth is Gareth Barry anywhere near this team? Especially when they play against a team with pace. He seems to have boots made of lead and was outpaced by some of this players a year ago in Bloemfontein, and again he just didn't have the pace. I would have played De Jong instead of him, but again there seems to be some personal issues between him and Mancini - also he was recovering from an injury.

If i was on the bench at mcity i wud be giving hugs to mancini atm he is parnoid lol. Plus, i said Napoli was the darkhorse too. Then i was told noooo .ii may not know more than most about footy like most in here ,
I do know when a fat boy wants candy he will get his candy and that

President is a fat boy lookin at candy!

City started off very convincingly, though I kinda felt from the start that Bayern had a lot left to show once they got over themselves. Even the stronger teams they faced so far (Villareal, Schalke and Leverkusen) were pretty much hopeless for the better part of the ninety minutes. City, coming in with so many players of world-class caliber, really were able to dominate the pitch, albeit lacking overall creativity (I think Nasri in particular was a huge disappointment). I wouldn't want to say Bayern was surprised by that, since it pretty much was to be the expected approach of such a team - they just haven't experienced pressure like this for quite some time now.

But once the midfield got rolling around the 30-minute-mark, it really was an impressive performance. Yet again.
Ribery was everywhere, his whole defensive behavior has become nothing short of spectacular. He has become a little powerhouse now. ;)

I cannot describe how proud I am for our team. :))
What a great result and what a great performance in the second half. We had luck with the penalties but that doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Our strength prevails as I can read in many forums like Redcafe or the Barca forum...

Have been impressed with Valencia. You know they're going to attack down the left, but they still do successfully.

Pretty good match at the Mestalla for me.

Diego Alves has just made 3 of the best saves I've seen this year,in about 5 minutes. Wow. Just spectacular.

Wow and another from his own teammate.

What an absurd result in Marseille tonight ...
Dortmund played so well, deserved the win, yet failed to score a single goal and gave away three.
Typical newcomers to the competition. So much potential wasted.

The defensive attittude of Arshavin in that late post is just terrible. What a great goal would have been, though.

Diego Alves was the main reason why Barcelona drew at Mestalla in La Liga, and has been the very reason why Chelsea didn't score 3 or 4 goals. It's an awesome goalkeeper that can perform against bigger teams and in big competitions! Valencia is still alive.

What an absurd result in Marseille tonight ...
Dortmund played so well, deserved the win, yet failed to score a single goal and gave away three.
Typical newcomers to the competition. So much potential wasted.

Dortmund will be naive in Europe I reckon. They play some lovely stuff but they're a very open team, I'd like to see them go through but I reckon they'll struggle away from home.

I said that in the Arsenal thread when the groups were drawn, looks like I was right.

Yeah Guaita was playing against Barca and he actually made a few very good saves in that match two including the 1-on-1 against David Villa let's say.

But overall, Diego Alves is WAY better.

Who would guess that Zenit would win Porto 3-1! They had moments to make it 5-1! Porto goal came from offside, Zenit made goal that was called off, but it wasent in offside!

Oh, it's true it was Guaita! Well, that's even better for Valencia then, they have 2 great goalkeepers. Guaita is good, but Alves is amazing!

So I was at San Siro last night with an amazing seat. Firstly, the Plzen fans were loud and united, which was a nice sight. There were about 2000 of them and they were as loud as our 20,000 in the Curva.

Ibra's return was key, and Thiago was god like, however we risk allowing teams to reopen games when we should be comfortably in control, which is worrying. Cassano needs to stop being fancy sometimes and jut play practical, he's killed several plays with his dumb flicks. Anyway, photos to follow. Also, was surprised by the huge turnout to a weekday game against a 'small' team. About 50-60,000 I think!

Cassano is getting on my nerves. He ONLY passes to Ibra, even if Ibra has 4 defenders around him and Seedorf or Urby are free. Just look at him, he wastes a lot of time searching for Ibrahimovic. If Ibra is not around, he dribbles and shoots alone. This is really annoying. Ibra surely enjoying this. That's why he said he prefers to play with Cassano rather than Pato.

tumblr_lsaowpRmjZ1qa00de

Taken by me.

Surely a lot of you agree, but watching this photo instantly makes me think how I wish I had the money to just take a plane and go to San Siro and watch a match. There are all those stadiums that every time you see them you think "hey, I'd like to be there now!".

Back
Top Bottom