Champions League 2011/12

People in Croatia mostly hate Ronaldo, because we like hard game. He play football as "mommy son" or like a girl, he is just crying and falling on the ground.

Your biasing at full pelt again Kanoute. Keep on trucking! :BOP:

Cristiano is thought to be arrogant because everyone (except Madrid fans) thinks he's arrogant. Some gems here:

- "I'm the best footballer, and the 2nd and the 3rd." (when receiving the golden ball)
- "And who are you?" (Cristiano to Pedro)
- "I earn a lot more money than you" (to a Getafe defender)
- Ronaldo moans all the time when things don't go well. Not only to the ref and opponents, but also to his teammates!!!!
- When he scores he sometimes makes defiant looks and moves to the public (can you imagine Messi doing that?). He did that 4 times last season.
- He just loves to show his body. Yep, he's a nice young chap, but there are lots like him in the football world and they don't go all around showing abs. He's totally entitled to do it, and I understand a young rich guy would act like this. But it's arrogant anyway.

Those things are the work of an arrogant person. It's not the end of the world. He's a great footballer and has a lot of qualities, but if 99% of the population considers Messi to be a lot more humble than Ronaldo there must be a reason. And the reason it's not a media world convoluted conspiracy.

Messi, we're talking about probably the best player ever and he would never say or do those things. Instead, he always considers he was "lucky to score" and always thanks the team around him. There's a reason why Ronaldo is booed in all the spanish stadiums and Messi isn't. Not just the media.

Your biasing at full pelt again Kanoute. Keep on trucking! :BOP:

Cristiano is thought to be arrogant because everyone (except Madrid fans) thinks he's arrogant. Some gems here:

- "I'm the best footballer, and the 2nd and the 3rd." (when receiving the golden ball)
- "And who are you?" (Cristiano to Pedro)
- "I earn a lot more money than you" (to a Getafe defender)
- Ronaldo moans all the time when things don't go well. Not only to the ref and opponents, but also to his teammates!!!!
- When he scores he sometimes makes defiant looks and moves to the public (can you imagine Messi doing that?). He did that 4 times last season.
- He just loves to show his body. Yep, he's a nice young chap, but there are lots like him in the football world and they don't go all around showing abs. He's totally entitled to do it, and I understand a young rich guy would act like this. But it's arrogant anyway.

Those things are the work of an arrogant person. It's not the end of the world. He's a great footballer and has a lot of qualities, but if 99% of the population considers Messi to be a lot more humble than Ronaldo there must be a reason. And the reason it's not a media world convoluted conspiracy.

Messi, we're talking about probably the best player ever and he would never say or do those things. Instead, he always considers he was "lucky to score" and always thanks the team around him. There's a reason why Ronaldo is booed in all the spanish stadiums and Messi isn't. Not just the media.

CR7 Remind me of this wrestler :

401px-Alberto_Del_Rio_Tribute_to_the_Troops_2010.jpg

Completely agree with Ronaldo. When i first heard about him and read that he was transferred to Mon Utd is was hugely looking forward to him, because i actually love his kind of player...

I must say that i can't remember a football player i like less than him now...yes he is a great player.

But:

he is arrogant (and for some persons being arrogant is something i actually like, not for him)
he cheats (all the diving)
he is a prima donna (the way he shows off his body, is frankly ridiculous)
he is not a team player (i remember a match during the world cup where he tried to score from an impossible distance and on television i saw a couple of his team mates react rather negatively, it seemed that they were fed up with him)

And why do people prefer Messi:
Messi is humble, could be the guy next door
Messi is a better team player
Messi is no prima donna
Messi rarely cheats

The first Man Utd- Barcelona CL final was a fine example of the difference between both. For Messi this was clearly a match between two teams whereas Ronaldo wanted to prove that he was better than Messi. Until Eto'o's goal, Man Utd were the better team but Ronaldo always went for personal glory instead of passing to a better placed team mate. Messi played for the team througout the match. I'm pretty sure that with Messi in the team Man Utd would have been two goals up before Eto'o's goal (of course this is pure speculation and nonsense, but 99% of the things written on this forum are...).

about Ronaldo, media do a lot of this, making him look the bad boy while making Messi look like the angel of football..

but let´s be honest.. Ronaldo gestures at games and especialy after scoring are over the top.. he don´t help anyone with them and just looks more arrogant..even if maybe in reality he´s not..

there is something like sport ethics.. this is something all mega talented and rich players should have.. you never see Messi do this kind of gestures, even if both deserve to be like this, becouse they are the most important players on pitch for both their teams and countries..

it´s about personality...and balkan people are very sensitive on that behaviour i think...that´s why they booed Ronaldo..

So what, in football were much dangerous fouls than this. If it happend to any Dinamo player you wouldn't say anything, just because Ronaldo is "Star player".
We are not so quiet as they think, and we can make a trouble to any player or team.
Yes, we play dirty football, it is not forbidden.

I dont understand.Since football start to play,all teams always try on all ways to stop best players,and i dont know why complaining.
Dirty game? So what.ALl players like him destroyed beautiful game called football cause of fu****g money!

but he tells the truth. just as what he said, "They're jealous of me. I don't have any other explanation", I really dunno what would be the other reason why people (as were in Cyprus & now Croatia recently) boo him everywhere and cheer for Messi pathetically. no wonder he was still being booed last night when he took that rough tackle which led him to having had stitches on his ankle later. this is plain stupid. he's actually known to be a good guy by most of his teammates. wish he hadn't given opportunities like that one to media who's actually to blame about creating this imaginary arrogant character for him and making most of people hate him. arrogant megalomaniac Ronaldo, humble little cute boy Messi. the same old shit everywhere. I'm fuckin sick of ppl who are acting as if they know actual characters of these players with only all they got by the stupid articles of populist media.

ffs, look at this. there was an article at goal.com lately. at first the article's title was "Who's Götze?" as if Ronaldo said it arrogantly and now they changed it. it's as if he has to know about every youngster leaving his job aside. there were many, many people who were swearing at him by this article, which made me even more sad.

Quotes like "They hate me coz I'm rich and beautiful" don't really help him building a picture of a nice guy. The whole Zagreb hating issue is built around fans singing "Leo Messi" for fun and Ronaldo turns at them with some ironic gestures, so people booed him. All the billions and power surrounding football this days is built on PR behind it so someone so desperately looking for spotlights should know how to handle them better.

No, you play dirty football... not football.

P.S.: I don't like Ronaldo!

And your statement is based on what? One's injury? This is the actual controversial and "shameful" tackle Ronaldo cries about.
ronaldo_glezanj_ss_marca.png

Both players reaching for the ball at the same time and he was unlucky enough to get it first. It could have easily ended the other way round. I didn't see any malicious intentions there. But yes, ronaldo should be protected, as he's so reach and beautiful.

I guess there's no way to measure dirty playing but it was Real who had a player sent off for harsh tackles and diving, so..

but you are the one hating lol..
jealous because ronaldo is the best player, also he is rich and beautiful..:LOVE:

Why do some Benfica fans boo Cardozo!?

People are never satisfied, Sina. Cardozo is slow, seems a bit sloppy at times and he loses some flagrant opportunities by not use his right foot (ouch, apparently his right foot is useful too! :SHOCK:) so people easily lost their patience with him. However, at the end of the day, he is there, in the right place at the right time, scoring goals and saving our hearts. :D

Yeah that's weird. He has his limitations but overall is a pretty useful forward to have and better than most! Fans should be a little more grateful because was it not for his own individual unique skills (Strength plus good technique and nice finishing), Benfica could've lost that game yesterday for example when they really didn't deserve to!

About Ronaldo, I think most people get carried away. The guy's certainly no saint and yes he can be a little arrogant at times, but so what? How many of us are like Messi personality wise anyway? It's not a crime to be cocky at times and especially when you are that good and you CAN back it up.

I much prefer Messi both as a player and as a person but Ronaldo is no villain and not the super bad guy many try to make him out to be.

Ronaldo's a product of what he went through in England imo. People tended to not pay him much mind when he was decent (and had ridiculous highlights). Then the WC happened, the winking and so the UK media made him out to be villian number one.

Every single ground in the country booed him for the full 90 minutes for an entire season. His options were to let it bug him and leave, or man up and use the adversity to become a better player.

He's arrogant and petulant and narcissistic but there's no shortage of such personalities in football. He's only singled out because he's one of the best in the world.

Exactly. And if anything having seen enough interviews with him and etc. he's not AS arrogant or bad as people make it out. He can also be humble and shy at times.

Anyway each to their own. He's a hell of a player and not a bad person and that's all that matters to me.

The Real Ronaldo not fake one from The_Special_One video! :)

YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo vs Guardiola

Give me a break, im not a particular fan of Ronaldo but i cant understand the special hate on him...specially when supporting dirty players when he's the victim.

"Oh he's a fag" "football its for players like Materazzi!" the usual comments assuming homosexuals, respect or sportsmanship can't exist in Football.

He uses hair gel, so what? i use it too. He is cocky and arrogant? Welcome to Earth.

As far as im concerned, ive never seen him intentionally hurting someone on the PITCH, but somehow he hurts everyone who is off the pitch...

Last edited:
Exactly. And if anything having seen enough interviews with him and etc. he's not AS arrogant or bad as people make it out. He can also be humble and shy at times.

Anyway each to their own. He's a hell of a player and not a bad person and that's all that matters to me.

Exactly, also a lot of stuff can get lost in translation. Look at the Götze issue. Ronaldo said he wasn't that familiar with him or Bundesliga football, which maybe a fair point as I doubt German football is shown much in Spain, also Dortmund hadn't played in the CL for a while, and Götze had only recently started getting into the German National team. This suddenly becomes Arrogant Ronaldo dismisses best young player in Germany...

Also a lot of great players have a degree of arrogance at times. The best player of all time, Maradona, was not shy of proclaiming his own talent. Pele has said a few times how he thinks he's better than the likes of other top class players like Maradona. And who can forget Johan Cruijff, a great footballer but one of the most arrogant people to ever kick a ball.

Meh, football creates all sorts of illusions. For example, Drogba can be one of the biggest petulant, diving drama queens in football on the football pitch yet off the pitch he spends a great deal of time and money in charity work.

It's all a big soap opera at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom