Champions League 2011/12

2nk15s8.jpg

I really hope Dinamo Zagreb can go through, all though it will be hard. Go Tonel!!!

The most interesting groups are Group A, Group F, and Group G.
Group A
Bayern
Villareal
Man City
Napoli

A group where every team is difficult. Manchester City will want to prove that they are at last a force to be reckoned in European football. No need to say a word for Bayern M.. Villareal and Napoli provide very good football for the masses, and if they want to have a chance in this group, they have to win the matches against each other.

Group G
Porto
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit Leningrad
Apoel Nicosia

I can say that all teams in this group are even. People may think APOEL is a clear 4th place, but they can win every match in Cyprus, no matter the opponent. No one really can predict this group.

Group F
Arsenal
Marseille
Olympiakos
Dortmund

I also think this group will be a very interesting one. A weak, but always dangerous Arsenal, Marseille having problems with recent poor form, Olympiakos have yet to play their first official match, and Dortmund having made a mediocre start in their league with 2 losses and 1 draw in 5 games. All four teams play very well in attack, and the outcome of this group is a mystery.

----------------------------

I see none of you people give Olympiakos a chance standing in Group F.
I guess there was the same situation 3 years ago when Olympiakos was in the same Group with Real Madrid, Werder Bremen and Lazio. All predictions had Olympiakos 4th, when victories against Werder Bremen at Home (3-0) and Away (1-3), victory against Lazio Away (1-2), and draws against Real Madrid home (0-0) and Lazio home (1-1), brought us in the second place with 11 points, same as Real Madrid (they were first because they beat us in Madrid 4-2).
It's good anyways when people (and possibly the opponent clubs) think that my team only does defending, while that's not our style of play.
Don't take it as a surprise if we qualify the group.

(some extra info:)
Olympiakos has built up tradition against German teams in the recent years
2002-03: Olympiakos 6-2 Bayer Leverkusen (last seasons finalists in CL)
2007-08: Olympiakos 3-0 Werder Bremen
»»»»»»»: Werder Bremen 1-3 Olympiakos
2008-09: Olympiakos 4-0 Herta BSC
--
Matches against Arsenal 2 years ago:
Arsenal 2-0 Olympiakos (match was 0-0 until 76' minutes)
Olympiakos 1-0 Arsenal (Arsenal's one and only defeat in that group)
--
French teams are an "impersonated" demon for Olympiakos:
2004-05(Group Stage): Monaco - Olympiakos 2-1
2004-05(Group Stage): Olympiakos - Monaco 1-0
2004-05(UEFA Cup): Sochaux - Olympiakos 0-1
2004-05(UEFA Cup): Olympiakos - Sochaux 1-0
2005-06(Group Stage): Olympiakos - OL 1-4
2005-06(Group Stage): OL - Olympiakos 2-1
2008-09(UEFA Cup): Olympiakos - St.Etienne 1-3
2008-09(UEFA Cup): St. Etienne - Olympiakos 2-1
2009-10(Stage of 16): Olympiakos - Bordeaux 0-1
2009-10(Stage of 16): Bordeaux - Olympiakos 2-1

In about 6 years the results with french teams is
3Wins-0Draws-7Loses

--------------------------

My prediction for all the Groups:

A
1st. Man City
2nd. Bayern M.

B
1st. Lille
2nd. Inter

C
1st. Man Utd
2nd. Benfica

D
1st. Real Madrid
2nd. Lyon

E
1st. Chelsea
2nd. Valencia

F
1st. Dortmund
2nd. Olympiakos

G
1st. Shakhtar Donetsk
2nd. Porto

H
1st. Plzen
2nd. BATE Borisov

I'm kidding :P
H
1st. Barcelona
2nd. Milan

-------------------------

Good luck to your teams everyone!
provachampionsleague.jpg

Last edited:
We want Pipo Inzaghi! :D Even i am Juve fan,i think that Pipo is greatest striker in football,maybe not ever,but last 10 years for sure.
Still not believe that he is not registered for CL...

How awesome was Pato's goal storming past 3 defenders. Nesta was perfect. Nothing like his display against Lazio. We were very lucky but effective.

This game showed Barca's weaknesses. Perfect possesion but putting slow defenders such high up the pitch is trouble against Pato. If Robinho was there, they would have suffered. Cassano was too slow and losing all the ball he gets. Robinho is better in tight places and much faster.

They also need to have a real striker. Their only threat inside the box was Messi dribbling from outside and causing trouble. Other than that, wide game and long shots. 9% of their attacks leds to shots on goal.

Then the set-pieces, they don't play corners and don't defend ones well. It is not the first time they get hit by this.

Last edited:
I think that Alves was bad... Busquets and Villa as well .
Abidal was the best barca player tonight, Messi was quite good but not at his best performance . Pato did some amazing moves but I think that he didn't found someone to support him after the remplacement of Prince .

Then the set-pieces, they don't play corners and don't defend ones well. It is not the first time they get hit by this.

Yeah it's amazing I've never seen a high class team so bad at defending corners on a regular basis. Thiago Silva had all the time and freedom in the world to score that header. Did any of their defenders even jump for it?

I realy hope Napoli will give a good game to City tonight.. i like this team and their passionate president.. not just becouse of Hamsik, even if it would be great if he did great..

hoping for good football..

yeah plus City are well into the PL while Napoli have only played one game in the Serie A. Hope they make some sort of surprise though.

Awesome win against Inter at Giusseppe Meazza. I'm so happy for Trabzonspor. They did pretty good job especially in the second half and deserved the win much more than Inter. Tolga Zengin (TS Keeper) was sensational, just perfect! Also Colman, Zokora, Glowacki were notably good. Great result for them and my country. :EASY:

fantastic football so far, Napoli and City.

It was a great match. City do properly look a European team now don't they. And Napoli did exactly what everyone expected - defended deep and broke with huge purpose.

1-1 is a better result for the Italians tbh, especially given that group!

Jorge Jesus should've brought on Saviola for Aimar! That could've nicked the game for them. Matic was disappointing and took Benfica a level down and limited them.

As it stands, 1-1 is probably a fair result. Benfica could've won this game and grab 3 points though. They were the better team for most of the match.

Good performance from Lindegaard. Nice goal from Sr. Giggsy and AMAZING goal from Benfica! Really loved Gaitan's skillful work and wonderful pass and then Cardozo had so much to do but did it with perfection and a lovely hit with his weaker right-foot. Fantastic goal made by 2 fantastic players!

EDIT: Luisao or Gaitan Man of the Match. I don't know who got it but one of those two should have. They were almost perfect!

Last edited:
Dinamo Zagreb 0:1 Real Madrid
We lost only 0:1. Hard game, we played very well but we didn't score. Rukavina missed one great chance, but nevermind. Nobody didn't expect so good game against Real Madrid.
We can fight with Lyon and Ajax for 3rd place in group, and pass to European League.

Dinamo Zagreb 0:1 Real Madrid
We lost only 0:1. Hard game, we played very well but we didn't score. Rukavina missed one great chance, but nevermind. Nobody didn't expect so good game against Real Madrid.
We can fight with Lyon and Ajax for 3rd place in group, and pass to European League.

Ivan Kelava was great tonight , in the 1st half Sammir got the opportunity to pass the ball for his team-mate who was in a perfect situation to score but he didn't . Dinamo played well and I think that they can make it to the EL ...

Napoli could have won the match, they surprised me.. i think they are fantastic solid team full of talent..Zuniga, Hamsik, Lavezzi were fantastic..

De Sanctis did a mistake but i can say this was one of best and most entertaining CL matches i remember watching..

even if it ended in 0-0 draw, i would say the same..

this will be interesting group.

Good game between City and Napoli, tactically the latter nailed it. Gareth Barry should know his limits.

Ray Wilkins is an embarrassing commentator and needs to be put in his place. Sky should start by making him do his bloody homework on the opposition, didn't he play in Seria A?

I'm sick of the Italian football is ___ clichés.

Its a shame Villareal didn't replace Santi Carzola, they miss him big time.

Last edited:
Jorge Jesus should've brought on Saviola for Aimar! That could've nicked the game for them. Matic was disappointing and took Benfica a level down and limited them.

As it stands, 1-1 is probably a fair result. Benfica could've won this game and grab 3 points though. They were the better team for most of the match.

Good performance from Lindegaard. Nice goal from Sr. Giggsy and AMAZING goal from Benfica! Really loved Gaitan's skillful work and wonderful pass and then Cardozo had so much to do but did it with perfection and a lovely hit with his weaker right-foot. Fantastic goal made by 2 fantastic players!

EDIT: Luisao or Gaitan Man of the Match. I don't know who got it but one of those two should have. They were almost perfect!

I hate when JJ (Jorge Jesus) invents poor substituitions, Bruno César should enter earlier in the game, not Matic!

And about Gaintan, what a skill! I just hate when the man tries to feint more than 3 guys at the same time and then he lost the ball for the opponents.

For Cardozo, the lad looks like a "stake", but he's a little like Mário Jardel... he's always on the right place to score, he doesn't have his technique but he has a great left foot to shot at long distances and score free kicks.

but he tells the truth. just as what he said, "They're jealous of me. I don't have any other explanation", I really dunno what would be the other reason why people (as were in Cyprus & now Croatia recently) boo him everywhere and cheer for Messi pathetically. no wonder he was still being booed last night when he took that rough tackle which led him to having had stitches on his ankle later. this is plain stupid. he's actually known to be a good guy by most of his teammates. wish he hadn't given opportunities like that one to media who's actually to blame about creating this imaginary arrogant character for him and making most of people hate him. arrogant megalomaniac Ronaldo, humble little cute boy Messi. the same old shit everywhere. I'm fuckin sick of ppl who are acting as if they know actual characters of these players with only all they got by the stupid articles of populist media.

ffs, look at this. there was an article at goal.com lately. at first the article's title was "Who's Götze?" as if Ronaldo said it arrogantly and now they changed it. it's as if he has to know about every youngster leaving his job aside. there were many, many people who were swearing at him by this article, which made me even more sad.

Honestly, I felt a bit disappointed after the final whistle. I think we were the best in pitch last night and we deserved to win. Besides, I had a slight hope in finishing in the first place. However, a draw against Man Utd, CL runner-up last year, is always a good result for any team in the World. :)

Luisão was perfect (well, if perfection exists which I doubt :P)! Excelent pace, very smooth tackles and good positioning. Gaitan was also in shape, great game so far, hopefully he will continue to show his talents against the likes of Olhanense and Paços de Ferreira, he has been too inconsistent in Liga games.

Both goals were outstanding indeed, especially the Cardozo one (sorry Man U fans but I had to pick my boys :).

I'm amazed with Lindegaard performance! Very secure, extremely confident and awesome stopper. Very very good goalkeeper, I'm expecting a ferocious challenging between him and the Spaniard for the spot.

I hate when JJ (Jorge Jesus) invents poor substituitions, Bruno César should enter earlier in the game, not Matic!

And about Gaintan, what a skill! I just hate when the man tries to feint more than 3 guys at the same time and then he lost the ball for the opponents.

For Cardozo, the lad looks like a "stake", but he's a little like Mário Jardel... he's always on the right place to score, he doesn't have his technique but he has a great left foot to shot at long distances and score free kicks.

JJ loves Matic, we have to deal with it. Leaving Capdevila out of the list to include Matic shows how deep is that love. :LOL: I think he could be very usefull in this kind of matches, when you are facing a better opponent. The guy has good technique, albeit being tall, so he can hold on the game in the midfield using all of his skills and physical presence.

Cardozo is a fantastic striker, I don't understand our crowd, boing him all the time but yea, keep going, boo Cardozo coz he will score no matter what. :D

but he tells the truth. just as what he said, "They're jealous of me. I don't have any other explanation", I really dunno what would be the other reason why people (as were in Cyprus & now Croatia recently) boo him everywhere and cheer for Messi pathetically. no wonder he was still being booed last night when he took that rough tackle which led him to having had stitches on his ankle later. this is plain stupid. he's actually known to be a good guy by most of his teammates. wish he hadn't given opportunities like that one to media who's actually to blame about creating this imaginary arrogant character for him and making most of people hate him. arrogant megalomaniac Ronaldo, humble little cute boy Messi. the same old shit everywhere. I'm fuckin sick of ppl who are acting as if they know actual characters of these players with only all they got by the stupid articles of populist media.

ffs, look at this. there was an article at goal.com lately. at first the article's title was "Who's Götze?" as if Ronaldo said it arrogantly and now they changed it. it's as if he has to know about every youngster leaving his job aside. there were many, many people who were swearing at him by this article, which made me even more sad.

This.

Back
Top Bottom