Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

Probably cheaper to buy the blu-ray, you can always sell it on then too.

?

I had no idea what I was doing to beat it - I take it you just have to speed down a street and get to the end of it faster than someone else. But does it have to be done without crashing and can you use short cuts or go off the road (as in use the 'sidewalk')?

Are the 2 locked bikes better than the available ones ? On a few streets I hit them at full speed coming from another street - went the full length of them and was still about 3 seconds slower than the record. That was even with me pressing forwards on the stick to lean into the bike to go that 'ickle bit faster

It certainly is but I still think it will sell very well for $30 and its a clear message to GAME and co with regard to 2nd hand games etc.

Last edited:

?

I had no idea what I was doing to beat it - I take it you just have to speed down a street and get to the end of it faster than someone else. But does it have to be done without crashing and can you use short cuts or go off the road (as in use the 'sidewalk')?

Are the 2 locked bikes better than the available ones ? On a few streets I hit them at full speed coming from another street - went the full length of them and was still about 3 seconds slower than the record. That was even with me pressing forwards on the stick to lean into the bike to go that 'ickle bit faster

Yes you have to go down the street faster than the time that your friend has set and yes any part of the street it viable, if you crash then you probably wont beat the time because the clock is still ticking and your losing valuable seconds. It all about getting momentum before you get to the street that you want to break.

The bike that you get once you get 100% on your licence is the best one, its the fastest one and you can also change the skin for different countries. I have this bike and I'm currently using the Spain skin.

The animation of the drivers is very cool.

Trophies on Thursday lads!

EDIT: List...

Bronze Trophies

* Repair your car - Awarded for driving through any Auto Repair
* Set a Time Road Rule on any road - Awarded for beating any of the original Time Road Rule scores
* Set a Showtime Road Rule on any road - Awarded for beating any of the original Showtime Road Rule scores
* Win a race - Awarded for winning any Offline Race
* Smash 3 Burnout Billboards - Awarded when you smash through your 3rd pristine Burnout Billboard
* Smash 30 Burnout Billboards - Awarded when you smash through your 30th pristine Burnout Billboard
* Drive through 10 sets of Yellow Smash Gates - Awarded when you drive through your 10th set of Yellow Smash Gates
* Drive through 50 sets of Yellow Smash Gates - Awarded when you drive through your 50th set of Yellow Smash Gates
* Shutdown the Nakamura SI-7 - Awarded when you Shutdown the Nakamura SI-7
* Score a x3 Multiplier in Showtime - Awarded for reaching a x3 Multiplier in Showtime
* Perform 3 Takedowns - Awarded for performing your third Takedown

* Drive through a Repair shop during a Road Rage - Awarded for driving through an Auto Repair during any Offline Road Rage
* Perform a 180 degree Flatspin - Awarded for performing a Flatspin of at least 180 degrees
* Successfully land your first Super Jump - Awarded when you successfully land your 1st Super Jump
* Score a Boost Chain of x2 - Awarded for achieving your first Boost Chain of x2
* Survive a Marked Man - Awarded for winning any Offline Marked Man
* Beat the target score in Stunt Run - Awarded for winning any Offline Stunt Run
* Power Park your car - Awarded for successfully Power Parking your car between two other vehicles
* Set 10 Showtime Road Rules - Awarded when you set your 10th Showtime Road Rule
* Set 10 Time Road Rules - Awarded when you set your 10th Time Road Rule
* Complete 5 Burning Routes - Awarded when you complete your 5th Burning Route
* Drive on the wrong side of the road for 547 yards - Awarded for driving a distance of 547 yards in Oncoming Traffic in one go
* Shutdown the Carson Inferno Van - Awarded when you Shutdown the Carson Inferno Van
* Successfully land 10 Super Jumps - Awarded when you successfully land your 10th Super Jump
* Land a Barrel Roll jump - Awarded for successfully landing a Barrel Roll jump
* Find all the events around Paradise City - Awarded when you have discovered every event in Paradise City
* Visit all the Car Parks in Paradise City - Awarded when you discover every Car Park in Paradise City
* Invite a friend to join you in Paradise City - Awarded for sending an online game invite to another player
* Complete a Freeburn Challenge - Awarded when you complete your 1st Freeburn Challenge
* Visit a Gas Station during a Race - Awarded for driving through a Gas Station during any Offline Race
* Visit a Paint Shop to change your vehicle color - Awarded for driving through any Paint Shop to change your vehicle colour
* Enter a Road Rage in the Carson Inferno Van - Awarded for entering any Offline Road Rage in the Carson Inferno Van
* Visit the Airfield - Awarded for visiting the Airfield in Silver Lake
* Visit the Quarry - Awarded for visiting the Quarry in White Mountain
* Jump Dead Man's Edge - Awarded when you first jump over Dead Man's Edge in White Mountain
* Jump over another player's car - Awarded for jumping over another player's car in an online game
* 8 Players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium - Awarded for meeting up with 7 other players inside the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium in an online game
* Send a Mugshot or Smugshot - Awarded for sending a Mugshot or Smughot to another player during an online game (requires a USB camera to be connected)
* Take part in an Online Stunt Run - Awarded for taking part in an Online Stunt Run
* Take part in an Online Marked Man - Awarded for taking part in an Online Marked Man
* Be on the Blue team for Online Road Rage - Awarded for taking part in an Online Road Rage as a Runner on the Blue Team
* Be on the Red team for Online Road Rage - Awarded for taking part in an Online Road Rage as a Chaser on the Red Team
* Ride 50 Miles Offline on a bike - Awarded when you reach a total bike distance ridden of 50 miles
* Complete any Bike Day Road Rule - Awarded when you set your 1st Bike Day Road RuleCompl
* Complete any Bike Night Road Rule - Awarded when you set your 1st bike Night Road Rule
* Ride 10 miles on a bike in any 8 player lobby - Awarded for riding 10 miles on a bike in an 8 player online game
* Complete 5 Bike Challenges - Awarded when you complete your 5th Freeburn Challenge on a bike

Silver Trophies

* Drive through 200 sets of Yellow Smash Gates - Awarded when you drive through your 200th set of Yellow Smash Gates
* Earn your 'D' class license - Awarded when you receive your 'D' Class License
* Earn your 'C' class license - Awarded when you receive your 'C' Class License
* Earn your 'B' class license - Awarded when you receive your 'B' Class License
* Earn your 'A' class license - Awarded when you receive your 'A' Class License
* Score a x5 Multiplier in Showtime - Awarded for reaching a x5 Multiplier in Showtime
* Score a Boost Chain of x4 - Awarded for achieving your first Boost Chain of x4
* Score over 50,000 in a stunt run - Awarded for scoring over 50,000 in any Offline Stunt Run
* Drive 750 miles - Awarded when you reach a total car distance driven of 750 miles
* Complete 10 Freeburn Challenges - Awarded when you complete your 10th Freeburn Challenge
* Complete your first Timed Challenge - Awarded when you complete your 1st Timed Challenge
* 24 hours in Paradise on a bike - Awarded for spending a full 24 hour day and night cycle riding a bike

Gold Trophies

* Smash 60 Burnout Billboards - Awarded when you smash through your 60th pristine Burnout Billboard
* Earn your 'Burnout' Driving License - Awarded when you receive your 'Burnout' Driving License
* Complete 10 Timed Challenges - Awarded when you complete your 10th Timed Challenge
* Earn 100% on your Bike License - Awarded when you reach 100% complete on your Bike License

I might get Burnout Paradise again, looking at the trophy list reminds me of the fun I had just driving around. Just those bloody cars seeming to purposefully cut me up :LOL:

I've done everything on that list already, pay day tomorrow.

No Platinum trophy?

Isnt that the idea of it! It isnt "International Driving Miss Daisy Simulator 2008" (which by the way, is a cracking title) :LOL:

I mean the pedestrian cars. I'm all for the CPU cars to try and cut me up, but just driving down the road and a pedestrian car suddenly swerves into your lane for no apparant reason, that pissed me off no end :LOL:

I've done everything on that list already, pay day tomorrow.

No Platinum trophy?

Yea there is - thought it was common knowledge that Plats are for getting all other trophies. Anyway, yes, Platinum available!

Nobody is sure if its retroactive yet, so you may end up with a nice platinum on thursday!

Ah OK, that's my first then.

PS3 achievements.

I hope to god those trophies are retroactive because there's no way I would want to start it all over again.

The said a while ago that they will be retroactive.

They said the same about Warhawk and most of the bloody trophies didn't click when i booted the game up. All of the 'kill someone in a tank with a hawk' or 'get 100 kills' --- despite me having the in game trophy the PSN trophy just did not unlock. The only retroactive one i think was the clan member trophy and even then i had to go into my clan and enter and check the messages to get it.

I'm sure they will be.

The trophy list isn't as hard as it could have been, where is the award for x40 Stunt Run, it took me ages to get that!

Last edited:

Burnout Paradise saves are locked to your profile. We had hoped to use this to retroactively award trophies, but we discovered during testing that this is not possible. You will therefore require a fresh game-save to receive trophies in Burnout Paradise. If you're familiar with PS3 trophies already, you'll recognise that this works in the same way as all other games that have added trophy support post-release.

:brick:

270 hours of enjoyment has just soured a tiny bit.

Last edited:

:DD of course.

I probably will go for them because I always play the game.

On second thought I'm not going to do it, my records are more important to me.

Last edited:

DL'd this the other day, quality game, and the fact that it's on my HD is even better.

Earnt about 21% of the trophys so far. My problem is that there are too many good games out at the moment and it's getting left behind a bit.

Quick Q, is there anyway of restarting a race/event?

Or do you have to drive all the way back?

I hope you mean that you have downloaded the DLC and not the entire game ;)).

Quick Q, is there anyway of restarting a race/event?

Or do you have to drive all the way back?

No restart feature, you gotta go the whole way back, it's down to the fact Criterion didnt want any load screens as soon as you got into a motor and started to drive round Paradise.

The entire game is available to DL from the PSN. 30 dollars or 25 quid in the respective stores.

The whole game, why?

No restart feature, you gotta go the whole way back, it's down to the fact Criterion didnt want any load screens as soon as you got into a motor and started to drive round Paradise.

Thanks Holio, that sucks a bit but I can see why they did that now.

Got my class B yesterday!

26 wins till my class a tho :(

Barack Obama Campaigns on Burnout Paradise

Don't look to video game Burnout Paradise for escapism from real life politics. Democratic candidate Barack Obama has in-game campaign billboard with a "Paid for Obama for President" tag on it. EA has confirmed that the advert was paid for by Obama:

Like most television, radio and print outlets, we accept advertising from credible political candidates. Like political spots on the television networks, these ads do not reflect the political policies of EA or the opinions of its development teams.

barack_obama_burnout.jpg

:D

We're finally ready to unveil the first in a wide range of new Burnout Paradise content for 2009.

Our first pack of the year will be called Burnout™ Paradise Party.

Burnout Paradise is an awesome social game, but the action's all online. With Party, we wanted to create something for when all the players are in one place – gathered around a single screen.

Fans of the classic Crash Mode from Burnout 2: Point of Impact will know that this is not the first time we've done something like this. And we hope the response to Party is as warm as it was for Crash mode.

So, if you like to get together and play games, it's time to break out the drinks, party hats and balloons!

This year, we've transformed Burnout through downloadable content. We've already released our codenamed Cagney and Bikes packs, loaded with amazing new gameplay and for the first time ever: motorcycles! We've also just announced our awesome Party Pack. You can read about it today on this very blog.

These innovations are all available to existing Burnout Paradise players. (Cagney and Bikes are FREE right now! Party will be available in Feb '09.)

But, if you haven't got Burnout Paradise or you're not an online-connected player, we wanted to give you the chance to join in the fun!

So, today we're announcing Burnout™ Paradise: The Ultimate Box – a new packaged game for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and for the first time ever – on the PC! That's right, PC players will finally be able to experience a Burnout game, and we've been working hard to make sure it's something very special indeed.

The Ultimate Box will be available in Feb 2009 and will contain the original Burnout Paradise, including Codenamed Cagney and Burnout Bikes, and also Burnout Paradise Party plus a mountain of new refinements.

Amidst all the excitement of today's Party Pack and Ultimate Box announcements (check them out here on the blog), we almost overlooked the fact that we're giving you lots more information on the PC game, so here 's a quick post for PC fans looking forward to a little Burnout action.

We can finally announce that the game will be made available at the same time as the console versions of Burnout™ Paradise The Ultimate Box in Feb 2009. It will feature all the same content - that means a radically enhanced Burnout Paradise plus Cagney, Bikes and Party packs.

If you've missed our previous posts, head over to the PC home page for an up-to-date summary of everything we've announced so far.

We're working hard to get closer to our fans this year.

We've already invited many to join us here at CriterionGames for a tour of the studio and a chance to meet the Burnout team. We introduced a blog and an in-game news service, so we could deliver all the latest Burnout news direct to the people that matter most, and we're bringing you all the latest information on what we're building and why, as we go about bringing Burnout Paradise the greatest online support for a game ever.

Now, we're making use of Sony's incredible in-game PlayStation 3 browser to go a step beyond.

We're taking the existing Burnout Live News Page and revolutionising it using the PlayStation browser to bring you a massively upgraded news service, enhanced social play and much, much more – the result is something we're calling the Burnout Paradise Network.

A bit more detail, click

:COOL:

Back
Top Bottom