Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise

Buy it on disc, Yana. Far cheaper and you can always sell it on later on.

But it's soooooo tempting to have it there on your HDD, never having to find the disc, it's there, you click it and BAM your in the game, BAM your online! Oh the joy.

That joy I now know, ended up downloading it. OMFGILOVETHISGAME. It's so fun I love the way it switches to online and offline modes so smoothly, had a laugh in the Airfield with a couple of friends off my list, then went to offline riding bikes and stuff all over, got my license up to D and nearly on C, good God the little life I have is now going to go... especially when the retro and toy cars arrive... :SHOCK:

I bought this and sold it again without playing it

talk about impulse buying :LOL:

I was bored and buying something was the best i could think of :LOL:

i was gonna get back into it but i never felt like playing it so i thought i may as well trade it in for Left 4 Dead

whooo i guessed at knight rider and general lee burnout cars as well. But boo at the lack of A Team van with the red stripe

Technically the A Team van has been in the game from day 1.

Okay, I was playing this online yesterday, and someone was in an F1 car?! I mean how the hell?! I want it.

You'll get it when you get further along in the game.

So this is worth getting then? It's only $20 and I want a new game. I do like racing but I generally prefer sim games over arcade. I did have on of the Burnout games last-gen, think it was Burnout 2, and it was great.

Yes yes yes yes yes and yes. It's really good, there's tonnes to do and a few people in this thread have mentioned that it is a game they always go back to. From what small bits I've played of it, I can see me going back to it even after doing everything (but that will take months to 100% it) because it seems very addictive.

So this is worth getting then? It's only $20 and I want a new game. I do like racing but I generally prefer sim games over arcade. I did have on of the Burnout games last-gen, think it was Burnout 2, and it was great.

No it isn't, pick up the vastly superior Burnout 3 on PS2/Xbox for tonnes cheaper, its just a million times better than this.

Well you could pick it up for PS3 assuming you have the right spec one.

Or you could buy it on Xbox Live.

Either way, B3 is a million times better than Paradise.

3 was great, Revenge was even better but Paradise is head and shoulders the best Burnout to date.

The game simply evolved, it baffles me how people are critical of Criterion for being different and taking their game to another level.

Would you rather they stay in their comfort zone and churn out the same linear experience but with shiny HD graphics?

I MUCH preferred the track based levels of previous burnout games to the open world of Paradise. Add to that crash mode is way more fun than the rolling bowling ball car thing they added. Though I did think crash mode became very crappy when they added gold silver and bronze tokens and multipliers.

I bought the full game on release and once i'd done everything a few times it all felt very samey and i ended up playing it less and less by the end of the week. I played the bikes for a day or two but then again the samey city feel came back and i loaded up Burnout 2.

The main thing I loved about B3 was takedowns, and they're a poor excuse for the name in this iteration. I thought they were bad in Revenge, being way too easy and way too light but in this one they're taking the piss, its like the cars are actually just balloons.

Add to that the lack of any decent drift routes, lack of a crash mode, the inability to change the control scheme and a poor soundtrack means it's hugely dissapointing.

Plus as Rad said, it's much better having track based levels, especially when up until recently you've not been able to restart a race.

I loved the track based races as the levels were planned out so everything made sense and they could throw in an area of high traffic then a open area where you could use your boost, lots of drift style corners and a couple of cross junctions for big crashes.

This game feels more like they built the city and then added the events so everything feels samey and no race or event stands out as awesome.

There are takedowns online that are definitely cheap but your wrong about there not being any good drift routes, you just need to know the city well.

It all comes back to how well you know the city, as you play the game you'll come across plenty of stand out moments. Also the races in Paradise are more challenging and exciting (especially online) because your not restricted to a track.

They shouldn't have caved in and brought the restart back.

I wish this game had a recording function.

The restart is needed, and thus they didnt cave in, they evolved the game did they not? If you had done most of the challenges and races and were doing the final few, only for you to lose near the end, of course a restart feature is needed so you dont have to drive all the way back to the start. I think the other changes coming are much more important, slowing cars down, reducing the time you gain when doing Takedown challenge, I dont see any point to do either.

I used to really enjoy Crash Mode (this showtime one is crap) but otherwise I'd probably say Paradise is my favourite of the series.

Because every junction has an event so if you feel that your not going to win the race you just stop your car and go to a nearby junction and do another event.

Its a deliberate distraction.

I don't know about that - I tend to try an event over and over until i win it, especially so the layout of the race is in my mind and i can plan for the road ahead. I don't want to have to trek for ages back to the start or have events I've already nailed being offered to me.

Back
Top Bottom