Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

MS found some bugs, thats why it was delayed.

bloody hell that's been a long time - seems even porting from Ps3 to 360 gives up problems

Burnout Bikes: 15 More Hours of Gameplay, No Nasty Crashes

Motorcycles In 'Burnout Paradise'

At an Electronic Arts event in New York yesterday I got my first chance to ride a motorcycle in “Burnout Paradise.” What I sampled is the hit racing game’s second major free update, formerly called Davis, but now called Burnout Bikes. It’s slated for release in the next couple of months.

But how in the world do motorcycles work in the T-rated crash-heavy realm of “Burnout”?

First of all, don’t expect motorcycles to be smashed to bits.

Motorcycles In 'Burnout Paradise'Cars in “Burnout: Paradise” crumple and crack in magnificent detail. A crash with a motorcycle will be less dynamic. What I saw were crashed bikes that stayed fully intact. No loose wheels. No bent handlebars. And the rider? He or she — gender is also arriving in the next “Paradise” expansion — will disappear as your crashed bike skids on asphalts and smacks concrete.

The point of bikes in “Burnout” isn’t crashing. It’s speed.

The point of bikes in “Burnout” isn’t crashing. It’s speed. I played one of the expansion’s four bikes, swiftly rocketing to some of the fastest speeds I’ve experienced in the already blazingly fast game. Triggering an optional first-person view further increased the sense of speed. Tilting back the analog stick sent my rider’s bike into a wheelie, which is measured for duration in real-time just like drifting is for the game’s cars. I’m sure someone will be sure to perform a wheelie all around Paradise City.

The Burnout Bikes expansion doesn’t add terrain to the city. That will come in a later addition. This expansion brings the bikes, new signs for the bikes to break through, and a motorcycle-license career path that can run parallel to the car-license progression. An EA spokesperson told me that the new content should add about 15 hours of playtime to the game. In addition to single-player challenges, up to eight players will be able to face off online in competitive motorcycle events (motorcycle vs. car won’t be available in this expansion but is planned for the future). The motorcycles won’t be able to be used in Showtime, the “Paradise” version of the popular “Burnout” Crash Mode, but they will be able to set separate day and night Road Rules speed records for any road on the game’s map. As always, Road Rules records are visible by any fellow players on your friends list and the game tracks which friend currently rules each road.

The “Burnout Bikes” expansion will also introduce a day-night cycle and weather to the game. I didn’t see the weather effects but was told they will introduce visibility-hampering fog as well as cosmetic cloud effects.

The game’s previous expansion, Cagney, has only been delivered to PS3 “Burnout Paradise” owners. It’s been delayed for the Xbox 360 but is still coming, with Bikes to follow. From what I heard it sounds like PS3 owners should be more confident in getting Bikes in EA’s hoped-for timeframe during the next couple of months.

And what about the rumor of “Burnout” adding planes next? That’s something EA reps wouldn’t tell me anything about. They hope we’ll be happy with free motorcycles, weather and the introduction of women into the Paradise population for now.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008...ing-how-motorcycles-work-in-burnout-paradise/

Game of the year period. :applaud:

Some bikes shots...

2732766217_f3d373607c_o.jpg

2733598560_aa78d1e45d_o.jpg

2732766239_cb341042eb_o.jpg

2ewiiqd.jpg

:DANCE:

Loving Cagney so far, it's made a great difference, especially online. I still have the odd issue with ranked games though, where you join and the host just refuses to start the event and stop dicking about. I thought they would have made it automatic, i.e. an event starts within 60 seconds of the last one ending, but if that's how they've done it then it's not working all of the time in my experience.

Credit to EA though, I love them for this.

That can be annoying at times, sometimes the host will be waiting for the room to fill up but then it'll be full and they still wont start the race. That 60 second thing is a good idea.

Reminds me of GTA Online - you go through the pain of loading the online side of the game - then join a lobby ... then after waiting for the room to fill to say 5 vs 5 half of the people in the game refuse to 'ready' themselves so you're just sat waiting.

So you quit and have to go through the cock of loading the SP mode, and then reloading online and rejoining a lobby.

Might have to re buy this on the cheap with the bikes update coming

Another Burnout Bikes Hands-on

Much like how the cars are fast and immediately responsive, the bikes are a dream to drive. You can't accidentally drop them by taking a turn too sharp, and you won't have to worry about speed wobbles or keeping a light finger on the brakes to prevent a spill. You're given nearly perfect control over how they handle, and they simply feel fantastic.

Obviously, this wouldn't be a Burnout game without a heavy dose of speed, and the bikes deliver. They're fast, and I only got to check out the two opening rides as I was playing on a relatively new save. I'm told that the last bike you unlock is faster than any car in the game, which is fairly mind-blowing given how quick the opening two bikes are. Because they're already so fast, the bikes don't have access to any sort of boost, but you won't need it. If you actually had boost, you'd probably go back in time after punching it.

While bikes are the big addition here, that's not all we're going to see in the update. No longer stuck in a permanent mid-day frozen block of time, full day/night cycles will hit the game. The time of day will now appear beneath the map to let you know whether or not McDonald's is still serving breakfast, or whether you'll have access to certain races. The level of traffic changes depending on what time of day it is, so some events only take place during the night to give you plenty of open road.

Luckily, you won't have to sit around and wait for the minutes to tick by as you have full control over what time it is, online or off. You can set the speed of the day/night cycle, all the way from a real time clock down to a 24 minute sequence. You can also instantly change to whatever time you want and even lock-in said time, so if you only ever want to race at night, you can keep it permanently set to midnight. The host in online matches retains the same level of control which will affect all players in the game, which is awesome.

burnout-paradise-20080813015429033.jpg

Full preview

:applaud:

I'm really surprised they've not kept all of these features for Burnout 6

I'd imagine that after January 25 next year that they'll officially announce Black 2 so the next Burnout will be a long way away and they'll have pletny of time to take it to the next level what ever that may be.

I found this on 411mania/games

Coming this fall for the PlayStation Network will be the Platinum-hit Burnout Paradise. Of course rather than just port it right over to PSN, Criterion will be adding Trophies and motorcycles to the already loaded game.

[EDIT]

http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/burnout-5/898918p1.html

Seems they were right - it IS coming to the PSN. I was thinking of picking this up again when the bikes come but i may as well wait for the PSN version and see how the prices of the BR version fall.

Last edited:

That is amazing, I wonder how big the file will be, Ratchet is going to be more than 2 gig.

The bikes are live and there are fucking awesome!

:DANCE:

Originally they were, Criterion have said that they'll announce something soon regarding trophies.

The Bike challenges are too easy but everything else is great.

Bikes are great fun - think me and you were the only ones playing this morning Tobi as we kept breaking each others records on the bikes :LOL: I think I had more Road Rules though!

The Road Rules are restricted to those on your friends list only, I've got 60% on my bike licence already.

I have only played this a couple of times since I first got it in January. Do you have to pay for the updates?

I borrowed this off my brother a few weeks ago for the bike update. I've turned it on twice since then and twice it got turned off before I managed to turn a corner. I just had this bored feeling when I looked at the game where I've done everything I cared about and the game just wasn't fun enough to have a second go at it all.

I miss the real crash mode as well

is it true the traffic is drastically reduced and you can't actually crash them if you use the bikes?

Downloaded the bikes today - very cool. I tried beating tobi and scorios scores and i dont think i managed to beat any of them :(

You can crash with the bikes but you just get thrown off the bike and the bike skids down the road and then you're back on your bike. Traffic seems reduced a lot though with bikes but i think it needs to be so you can actually drive around and have fun.

I thought it had the 1 in it you know! And I did mean to type Scorpio as well before.. i noticed Kris_M7 has some scores as well as pboreham

You beat my road rule on Sullivan Avenue but I beat it yesterday. :DD

The full game is going to on the US store tomorrow, 3.5GB download.

Back
Top Bottom