Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

Was so tempted to trade this in with all the fantastic games coming out but I've held onto it for now.

I've actually started texting people saying "if you want to get me something I really want for Christmas then buy me one of these games". I need an advance of my Christmas money. And a few spare months to play them all in.

Here’s this week’s big announcement!

We’re talking Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars.

This year, we’ve introduced some of the most incredible vehicles yet seen in a Burnout game. Our FREE Cagney pack brought you the crazy Steel Oval Racer and the Hippie Wagon, and the FREE Bikes Pack brought motorcycles to Paradise City for the first time ever.

In 2009, we’re taking Burnout vehicles to the next level with some truly unbelievable new vehicles. First up – The Jansen 88 Special.

This classic 1980’s styled silver sports car is based on the fan-favourite Jansen P12, but we’ve made a few interesting modifications.

Burnout Paradise 88 Special

3010941974_353feaab68_o.jpg

Fill the gauge and hit boost to trigger burning flame trails from your back wheels. The 88 Special’s fast, manoeuvrable and great in the air.

In fact, if you want to take off, this is just the car for you. Hit L3 to switch to hover mode – the wheels retract and the car takes off and hovers through Paradise City at head height.

Seriously. It hovers.

Burnout Paradise 88 Special

3010104971_35db6a43d4_o.jpg

This is the first of 4 cars that we’re making available as part of a wealth of new downloadable content for Burnout Paradise. They’re available to buy individually or discounted, if you pick up the whole set. In addition to the Jansen 88 Special, look out for the Cavalry Bootlegger, Manhattan Spirit and the GT Nighthawk.

We’ll bring you details of these in a future post or on Crash TV – our video podcast.

We’ll be back next week with another cracking podcast and another killer announcement for next year’s awesome Burnout Paradise content.

:APPLAUD:

:LOL:

Are those extra 3 cars going to be classics as well?

Cavalry Bootlegger, Manhattan Spirit, GT Nighthawk.

32878.JPG
knight-rider-rc.jpg
Streethawk.jpg

Last edited:

:D

3024356797_cbcc0274b9_o.jpg

YouTube - BURNOUT PARADISE CRASH TV Episode 12 - Legendary Cars

I can't wait.

The Toys are Back Town!

It's Week 3 of our 6 week Burnout Paradise 2009 blow-out! If you missed out our last exciting announcements, you can see them all here, in our Coming Soon area.

This week, we're showing the Burnout cars as you've never imagined them - Toy cars are taking over Paradise City.

Here's a screenshot to get you in the mood.

Burnout Paradise Toy Cars

3030317022_ca0cd09cbf_b.jpg

Regular Burnout fans will recognise 5 Paradise City classics – the Carson GT Concept P12, the Kreiger Racing WTR, the Hunter Takedown 4x4 and the Hunter Manhatten, but there are 9 awesome vehicles in this range.

We promised we'd take you into uncharted territory! In 2009, Burnout Paradise is taking a journey into the unknown. If you want to join us, just pick up a copy of Burnout Paradise on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, take it online and take you pick from the year's downloadable packs.

We'll be releasing these Special Edition Burnout Collectibles in ‘09.

Last edited:

From Eurogamer

Criterion has lifted the lid on yet more downloadable content for smashing racer Burnout Paradise.

This time we're told about the Toy Cars Pack, which will arrive in 2009 and introduce slightly squashed-looking race cars, monster trucks and comedy cruisers.

Unfortunately little else is known about the content; how much it will cost, for example, and if the five cars in the sole screenshot released make up the entire collection offering.

The Burnout Toy Cars Pack follows a stream of DLC announcements made by developer Criterion. The most recent of these was a Legendary Cars Pack that includes car that can retract the wheels and hover through the air at head height, apparently.

Preceding that was news of a special edition version of the racing game that will include the Cagney and Bikes update, plus a new pass-the-pad-style offline multiplayer mode.

And Criterion isn't finished there; more DLC announcements are expected at the end of this week. Keep those eyes peeled.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=306984

Re: Burnout Paradise

Welcome to Big Surf Island!

We haven’t released anything new on this awesome, premium downloadable content since way back in May, so it’s high time we gave you a little update.

For all the latest info, we’d recommend you check out the very latest Crash TV. It’s your chance to hear all the latest news on the island direct from its creators.

3065389815_1de5a970ee_o.jpg

This first shot shows your arrival point on the island. From here, you can make out the awesome cylindrical tower referred to in this Crash TV Episode 15. With the right car, it’s possible to drift all the way to the top of this tower and back again. But you’re unlikely to drive down, because this location is all about massive jumps. For a while, we considered naming it Big Air Island!

The building to the right is the hotel we named after one of our die-hard fans. DBC9MX earned the right name the hotel after winning the Downtown Showtime Showdown competition and chose to name it after his son – Taylor J. You check out the footage in Crash TV for a better look at Taylor J Towers.

3066230402_bef0ed277a_o.jpg

This second shot is the first time we’ve shown you the view looking back down from the island towards the bridge and mainland Paradise City. Our mantra is ‘if you can see it, you can drive it’ – which means that even the bridge to the city features multiple levels and massive jumps.

The construction yard in the foreground is loaded with gameplay and the scaffold at the top features in one of the island’s most memorable pieces of gameplay. Everywhere on the island is like this.

3066230874_7cbc18f8a8_o.jpg

This third image is the first look at the other side of the island, featuring the palm trees that give it a distinctly tropical flavour. The unusual shape of the lighthouse, and the massive ramp in front of it are more tell-tale signs that the geometry is more than just scenery.

3066231434_4d04d8046a_o.jpg

And finally, here’s our favourite shot.

This shows the kind of action the island is built for. The scaffold towers in the construction yard can be climbed and all the hoops can be jumped. If you want a taste of what the island is all about, head for the airfield, quarry or beach in Burnout Paradise right now and imagine an area the size of Downtown dedicated to that kind of gameplay. The car featured here is the Dust Storm. It will be made available at the same time as the island.

We’d mentioned in a previous podcast that this would be free content, but we can now confirm that it will be premium paid-for content.

Here’s why. We never expected to create anything this ambitious for the island, but as it progressed we got more and more excited about what it could become. (In fact, that’s the story of all our Downloadable Content.)

Big Surf is the culmination of everything we learned creating Paradise City, and we want it to bring you a truly spectacular new experience – the highlight of a year of incredible premium content. Burnout already delivers incredible value for money – literally hundreds of hours of gameplay with your original disk or PSN purchase, plus more with the free Cagney Pack and free Burnout Paradise Bikes.

We want Burnout Paradise players to experience the greatest support ever seen in a console game. We’re transforming not just Burnout Paradise, but the whole Burnout franchise through DLC, and we appreciate the support we know you guys will give us for our paid content. We think it’s worth it.

Next week, we’ll bring you the first of our “Paradise City Boroughs” guides - Downtown Paradise. We’ll cover the whole of Paradise City borough-by-borough in some detail, culminating in a big reveal of the island in the new year.

DAY 1 PURCHASE

Got to admire the amount of work they're doing with the DLC and keeping in touch with the community.

i love that they're adding new content - but the island now is really boring. I thought it (the island) was a little dull on release though. There are a few good areas but far too much shite between it all.

Oo-er, looking a all this DLC that's coming and the pictures is really temping me to download this when I get paid. Is it worth the 25.99 or whatever it is on the PS Store? I enjoyed the PSP version and I think it was Takedown I had on the PS2 for a short while, a good laugh especially with mates.

One of the best next-gen games IMO, it's just really well put together and online it's always brilliant. It's the only game I've got over so many months old that I haven't traded in.

It's ridiculously fast but then you play a game like Midnight Club (which is also great) and it seems so slow it's like a walk in the park. So it's great, raises your reaction times and everything. :) Flatout and Dirt don't compare IMO, they have nowhere near the depth (in modes or in gameplay). Midnight Club comes pretty close but nothing gets your adrenaline pumping like Burnout.

Oo-er, looking a all this DLC that's coming and the pictures is really temping me to download this when I get paid. Is it worth the 25.99 or whatever it is on the PS Store? I enjoyed the PSP version and I think it was Takedown I had on the PS2 for a short while, a good laugh especially with mates.

Don't hesitate to buy it, there is tons of stuff to do and you'll be hooked to all the online stuff

Yana, you can get it for cheaper than £25 off the PSN if you shop around. Check out AVForums, probably get it for £15 or so there.

Yeah I could actually, probably have a look at CeX seeing as we've got £15 left there. I've been watching more vids of this and it looks mental, loving the crashes the barrel rolls are awesome! That's what I loved about Takedown, the control you had over the cars while they were flipping through the air and stuff.

EDIT: Woo woo it's £20! So I only have to pay £5. :D

Last edited:

Burnout Paradise is alright, but I don't think it's a patch on the "old style" Burnout....I'm all for new ideas and genuine expansions and direction changes however saying that I think Criterion's biggest mistake is/was not including the classic level based Burnout style and Crashbreaker modes aswell in the game as Championships modes for example as extras to fit around the main open world environment. One of Paradise's biggest criticisms is the fact that when actually racing on the game alot of people lose their direction because the path isn't clear enough and because of the speed of the game (which isn't an issue in level based/linear racing levels)..... but ripping out Burnout's spine was a stupid move on Criterion's part really....it simply alienates the fanbase for the ones that either don't like the new change or that dislike the fact that the old style simply isn't an option - or both.

If Criterion combine Burnout Paradise (including all it's DLC) and meld it together with the option for true classic burnout in Championship tournaments then the next Burnout game really will be awesome. And they will still be free to bring out new additions and tweaks to the main city portion so it's not like it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint either.

Criterion and EA gained alot of fans with the new game, but they lost alot of fans aswell....rule number 1 is Burnout is not and never be Need For Speed, just because that franchise has gone down the sewers is no reason to butcher the highly successful Burnout games and try to turn that into the "new need for speed".....as I suspect that's what EA had in mind. There was a reason why Burnout was so good and successful, it was rock out balls to the wall speed and craziness and it worked very well....this year they've tried to make Burnout into Need For Speed basically and for me it nowhere near works - without the old style being somewhere about the game as an option....there was no reason they couldn't have included it. And there's no reason why they can't add this onto the next Burnout game because if they don't then Burnout is not the same game anymore, sadly. And that would be a fact.

Last edited:

Criterion continues to rock the 80's as they reveal the remaining three Legendary DLC Cars for Burnout Paradise, which bear striking similarities to the most well-known vehicles of that decade.

Carrying on the proud tradition of the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters is the Manhattan Spirit, a slow but stunt-friendly vehicle with a hidden secret. Then we have the Carson Nighthawk, which has the slick look and strobing lights of Michal Knight's ride. Get it? KITT Carson? Tee hee! Last, but definitely not least, there's the Cavalry Bootlegger. It may bear the Mexican flag instead of the Confederate flag, but old 01 is every bit the General Lee from Hazzard County.

The three new Legendary Cars join the previously announced Jansen 88, which of course pays homage to the DeLorean from Back to the Future. Never before have I wanted to pay for DLC so badly.

3182002043_0fff4c639d_o.jpg

3182002165_e572d283ec_o.jpg

3182836606_effde99425_o.jpg

Ghostbusters car? That's amazing!! I hope it has the siren and everything, that will be awesome. I wonder what it's hidden secret is?!

By the way, does anybody know how much space this takes up on your HDD? It doesn't even say on the store which is a bit poo, and I was thinking of Downloading it...

Back
Top Bottom