Benfica Thread

Re: SL Benfica Thread - Rui Costa IS BACK!!!

Amazing return of the Maestro. As Spitfire said, that Benfica home shirt was going to be bought, but now it HAS to be got with Rui Costa on the back. Welcome home!!! :)

Always the spectacular with him. As they say in Goa, PATAKA!

pataka0aa.jpg

At last, he's back!
I just hope this will unite the fans with the team even more. Lets hope they do the right signings in order to have a more competitive squad. We MUST enter the Champions League... Miccoli must stay, he made ALL the difference, when he played... And Robert, well, he played most of the time on the right side. Being left footed and an a**hole, he didn't even made a small effort to adapt his playing style. Still, if he stays, who knows, he might give something to the club.

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Amazing return of the Maestro. As Spitfire said, that Benfica home shirt was going to be bought, but now it HAS to be got with Rui Costa on the back. Welcome home!!! :)

Always the spectacular with him. As they say in Goa, PATAKA!

pataka0aa.jpg

Still remember that goal, what a finish!

BOOOOMBA! :D

Well I have a preview for a good 11 if Miccoli stays, here is:

----------Moreira
Nélson Luisão Anderson Léo
-----Petit----M. Fernandes
--Mánu-------------Simão
--------Rui Costa
----------Miccoli

I wonder what his stats in PES6 will look like... :-k

:lol:

Milanista said:
How long do you think he will keep playing for?

Maybe 2 seasons.

@RuneEdge He's 34.

:( goodbye Manuel.. and thank you!! The only thing I can say is that, if he's happy, this was the right thing to do.. Unfortunately here @ AC Milan he didn't have the opportunities he deserved..

GRAZIE MANUEL
rui2--310x210.jpg
ruicosta218la.jpg

:applause: :applause: :applause:

ahaha Benfica's board doesn't know who to approach to buy Miccoli. :lol

Great, always nice to see a player like Rui Costa back to our league. Although I know it will strenghent Benfica it will also bring more quality to the portuguese pitch.

great signing!!!rui costa is back in the Superliga!!
someone can tell me if Mantorras will stay or go??And if he goes which are the clubs linked with him

Mantorras will stay for sure, he's 99,9% loved by supporters. About Miccoli it seams that he will stay plus Benfica want to buy Lucarelli, probably it's for making an Italian attacking duet Miccoli-Lucarelli.

I hope so! :)

ET PLURIBUS UNUM

Re: SL Benfica Thread - Simão will not leave!

Well, I'm part of that 1% that thinks mantorras is way to overrated, he'll never be the player he promissed to be before that knee injury, we'll be lucky if he even gets into the average good player category. About Simão not leaving...well, if he's preparing to make a shity season like the last one he'd better leave cause even Manu or Manduca can play a lot better than that! I just can't wait for our 1st game to see Rui Costa...

I'm part of 100% non benfica fans that think he is no way a football player with level enough to play for benfica. But supporters love does count.

Yes, but Miccoli promissed to the supporters, if Juve get regalated to Serie B, he will rescind the contract with Juve and would sign for Benfica. :)

I hope it so much! He's very important for us, really quality player.

Last edited:

Geez, you prefer that a club with a couple of million fans fall to serie B than letting Micolli go! you bastard! :cry:

:)

Ehehe. But I will be sad if they get relegated, they are my favourite team to play with in WE10. :(

If there's any way to get Miccoli without that happening, I would hope for that.

Re: SL Benfica Thread

København out to clip Eagles' wings

"We respect them but we are not afraid of them." That is the defiant message from FC København coach Ståle Solbakken as the Danish champions prepare to host SL Benfica in their opening Group F fixture at the Parken Stadium on Wednesday night.

Solbakken optimism
It is the first time that København have made it to the group stage of the UEFA Champions League and having caused an upset by claiming the scalp of AFC Ajax in the third qualifying round, Solbakken feels his side are capable of creating another shock by overcoming last season's quarter-finalists. "I am quite confident about getting a result," said the Norwegian. "The reason I say that is not how I rate Benfica but how I rate my own players and my own team. I know that on our day we can take points off anyone and that includes Benfica."

Striking reshuffle
København will be without the suspended Marcus Allbäck meaning that Jesper Grønkjær is likely to support Fredrik Berglund in attack, while goalkeeper Jesper Christiansen has declared himself fit after shaking off a back injury sustained in Saturday's 2-2 draw at Esbjerg fB. The Superligaen outfit have also been boosted by the news that Benfica playmaker Rui Costa will be missing because of a thigh strain and with a capacity 40,000 crowd behind them in their maiden UEFA Champions League campaign, Solbakken is predicting an uncomfortable evening for the visitors.

Learning curve
"I don't think they are looking forward to this game," Solbakken added. "Mentally, this match will be tougher for them than for us. The pressure is all on Benfica and that will also play on the minds of their players. It is a 50-50 game and I don't think there will be too many chances." The 38-year-old, who was forced to give up his playing career in 2001 after suffering a heart attack at København's training ground, has made quite an impression since taking over as coach earlier this year. Despite all the fighting talk Solbakken is realistic about what his charges can achieve in Europe's élite tournament. He said: "It is a great achievement for a club such as ours to reach the group stage. Now we have six games to learn more and improve the quality of this group of players."

Visitors target victory
His counterpart Fernando Santos is attempting to make light of Rui Costa's absence but admits it is vital for the Eagles to get off to a winning start following their 3-0 defeat at Boavista FC in their curtain-raising league fixture at the weekend. "It is very important to start with a victory," said the coach. "The first game is always the most important. We have come here to get a win but we know the difficulties we will face against København." Winger Simão should start although not fully fit and he is determined to return to Lisbon with three points. "Beating Ajax was an impressive achievement and we know we are facing a good side," the Portuguese international said. "I am still not 100 per cent fit but I am capable of helping the team and we will do everything to win."

Probable teams
København: Jesper Christiansen; Lars Jacobsen, Brede Hangeland, Michael Gravgaard, André Bergdølmo; Michael Silberbauer, Tobias Linderoth, Hjalte Nørregaard, Atiba Hutchinson; Jesper Gronkjær, Fredrik Berglund.

Benfica: Quim; Alcides, Luisão, Ricardo Rocha, Léo; Paulo Jorge, Petit, Nuno Assis, Konstantinos Katsouranis; Nuno Gomes, Simão.

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the Champions League! 8)

If tomorrow Benfica doesn't win this game, I'll kill Fernando Santos for sure! :)

Re: SL Benfica Thread

airjoca said:
I'll bring the shotgun. ;)

lol

good luck to benfica tomorrow.

Anyway we at SCP know all about Fernando Santos and luck is really what you'll need. I predict him to leave before "S. Martinho", unfortunately before the SCP vs SLB game :).

I cross my fingers that Peseiro might be the new manager, another benfica "sócio" eager to return home and rock and roll! ;)

PS - about micolli, I love the guys, he is an artist but I don't understand why he is THAT important in the vision of Spitfire. For goodness sake did you notice that Micolli spent more days injured and OK since he arrived in Lisbon? Why doesn't the guy seem to keep a professional weight?

Re: SL Benfica thread (UCL Strikes Back!)

Err... Miccoli is one of most beloved Benfica players by most of supporters, He loves the club, the atmosphere and is a kind of player who doesn't give up playing always 120%. He also has a great winning mentality and attitude and he's extremly humilty, besides he doesn't play for money! He plays with his heart and bravery thats why he's so important for us.

He's a quality top scorer but he's very unlucky too with his injurys.

manUtd(at OT) 3-1 benfica(too many fouls = RC )

vidic(man of the mah)If you win bragging right for 2yr

Manchester United is.

This has just come to a point that I believe Fernando Santos is either blind or a fucking cunt. He keeps Miss Nuno Gomes playing and takes Miccoli out; puts Paulo Jorge playing... Fuck this. I'm tired of this.

Back
Top Bottom