Benfica Thread

Re: SL Benfica Thread [Robert wants to stay!]

RuneEdge said:
WTF is that bird doing there?!?!?

You'll see that Eagle fly around Luz in CL against your MU. ;)

Last edited:
Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread - DERBY TODAY - SPORTING VS BENFICA

Probably this will be the new 11 against Sporting:

-------------------Moreira----------------
Nélson---Luisão---Anderson---Ricardo Rocha
------------------------------------------
--------------------Beto------------------
---------------Karagounis----------Simão(C)
Miccoli-----------------------------------
-----------------Nuno Gomes---------------

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread - Karagounis, Miccoli and Jô IN

RuneEdge said:
WTF is that bird doing there?!?!?

the "bird" is a milhafre :).

It's forbidden to hold eagles captive in Portugal so benfica uses a bird that resembles the eagle, called a milhafre, to represent the eagle :)

Imagine Chelsea, who's symbol is a lion, freeing a panther every game before matches. That's how funny benfica is, really lol.

PS - Is it me or the eagle is taller than Picolli, sorry, Micolli?

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread - Karagounis, Miccoli and Jô IN

Mauras said:
the "bird" is a milhafre :).

It's forbidden to hold eagles captive in Portugal so benfica uses a bird that resembles the eagle, called a milhafre, to represent the eagle :)

Imagine Chelsea, who's symbol is a lion, freeing a panther every game before matches. That's how funny benfica is, really lol.

PS - Is it me or the eagle is taller than Picolli, sorry, Micolli?

Yeah and your club doesn't have money to put there a lion isn't it? With more than 2 millions of €uros in debts, that's the reason that your club sell their tickets with a price of 50€!(10£!!!), I can see a game of Portugal Nation Team AA with 5€, 95% more cheap and I see all portuguese stars!!! And if we put a milhafre what is you're problem? Are you all jealous?! Jealous is the more worst illness. :lol:

P.S.: Where is KFC Ricardo? Ah Sorry it's only Ricardo...

Last edited:
Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread

Mauras do you know the team who will play against Sporting in CL?

eheh pelintra, how can I be jealous of such a funny club :). Benfica is so funny, I should buy a "kit" since benfica usually amuses me even more than Sporting ;).

Like someone said in TV Benfica is today a club without symbols and references:

- the captain is a player grown and educated in the major rivals Sporting.
- the soccer staff manager is a previous FC Porto "peña" president who used to open bottles of champagne when benfica lost champions cup finals.
- the mascot is a fake (milhafre).

poor benfica... :)

PS - Miccoli, great player, great game yesterday, a classy player that seems outplaced in benfica :). Last night it was micolli + luisão and the rest: miccoli producing and luisão saving dangerous situations. Miccoli got tired of trying to teach nuLo Gomes how to score and decided tho show how to do it.

Last edited:

Lol man you guys need to stop arguing back n forth even though it's fun to read both sides of story ;)

Miccoli is indeed a quality player, I was surprised when he made the move to Portugal but he's not exactly your top scorer type of striker either. He's much better at playing as support striker or in new We9 game as a ST in second top than your actual CF but nonetheless can score some cracking goals and FK's and last night it was a nice header by a guy that short ;)

P.s. Mauras, did you get my pm?
Hope you're doing well, haven't heard from you in a while.

Take care. and right now Benfica sitting on top of the group :D

About time this thread got rescued.

So, we're playing Barça. Suppose we'll have to scrape a win at Estádio da Luz and then maybe do a "Greece" at Camp Nou.

Messi and Puyol won't be playing in the 1st match and neither will Nuno Gomes, and that's all positive for me... :)

We either surprise the world or go down with style...

Now, I will rape, steal and kill for tickets for this match! :D;)

funny to get such agravation from benfica fans in this forum and...

...everything points that I will get a ticket to that game :)

I was hopping we could meet Inter again...

Barça is the worst team we could get and it won't be easy at all to beat them, even Chelsea was harmless against them. We MUST pull off an excellent result at home, and the fact that Puyol doesn't play is something positive ,although Edmilson or Marquez are not inferior, they have different characteristics and Miccoli+Geovanni at their top form can make some serious damage. Our defence is one of the best in europe but we defend better against strong and tall strikers then against forwards like Etoo and Messi who're very dangerous to any defence.

Probably we'll have to make the 2 games of the season.

Will be fucking hard to kick the ass of Barça, anyway we have 40% of chances to beat him.

I must get the tickets!

Well, we're 7 points behind in the league and just got knocked off from the portuguese cup yesterday...

All we got left is "Mission Impossible III: The Champions League"

nothing is impossible....
all we have left this season is the champions league so players have to play their best in these next games against barça

great news for all benfica's fans!! marquez out for 4 Weeks,edmilson out,puyol will miss the first tie,messi still out for two or three weeks so the first game will be very important ;)

ALAIN, since I know that you have Angolan roots, I must say this:

THIS GUY IS "DA MAN"!

mantorras29oq.jpg

At the minute '90+3 he scored a strange goal (karate kick), but precious for us.
I can say: "Muito obrigado Pedro!" :mryellow:

BTW, This wednesday we have a classic, Frustrated CP vs FC Pigs (Sporting CP vs FC Porto), I expect a draw.

Força Benfica!

Hahaha yeah Mantorras is DA Man lol.. injured more than Jonathan Woodgate lolll

kiddin of course nobody tops Woody but still he's horrible at it too and poor guy due to always being injured, obviously has lost some pace/acceleratoin/sharpness. He used to be even faster.

Last edited:

Pelintra said:
ALAIN, since I know that you have Angolan roots, I must say this:

THIS GUY IS "DA MAN"!

mantorras29oq.jpg

At the minute '90+3 he scored a strange goal (karate kick), but precious for us.
I can say: "Muito obrigado Pedro!" :mryellow:

BTW, This wednesday we have a classic, Frustrated CP vs FC Pigs (Sporting CP vs FC Porto), I expect a draw.

Força Benfica!

aaaa GREAT mate:D :D just seen the goal on eurosport and yes for sure it was a strange goal anyway glad for you benfica and let's hope you will win again the title :)

Pelintra said:

Força Benfica!
:mrgreen: :lmao: :thumbup:

Fabrizio Miccoli may snub a return to Italy in favour of signing a permanent deal in Portugal with Benfica.

The Juventus-owned player was believed to be initially keen on playing in Serie A again next season, but now seems to be pondering a long-term career in Lisbon.

“I’m thinking of Benfica when it comes to where I will be playing next season,” said the on-loan striker.

“If both Benfica and Juventus can reach some sort of agreement then I’d like to continue my career here.”

The European giants, who recently knocked holders Liverpool out of the Champions League with the help of a Miccoli goal, do have an option to sign the Italian on a permanent deal.

It is believed that they are seriously considering making an offer of around £4m to keep the former Ternana ace.

Miccoli, who also spent loan time at Perugia and Fiorentina while officially a Bianconeri player, could be offered a three-year contract.

Miccoli has also been linked with a move to England, while Sevilla were heavily associated with the Lecce-born starlet only last week.

Hope he stays, I think his talent deserves recognition.

Me too, besides Juve have 4 great fowards (Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Mutu and Zalayeta) will be a waste of money for Juventus and a waste of time for Fabrizio since with that team he will sent on the bench.

Pelintra said:

Força Benfica!

My error, will be FC Porto vs Sporting for Taça de Portugal (Portuguese Cup). I want a FC Porto victory for shut up some Sporting arrongant supporters like Mauras.

Pelintra said:
Me too, besides Juve have 4 great fowards (Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Mutu and Zalayeta) will be a waste of money for Juventus and a waste of time for Fabrizio since with that team he will sent on the bench.
Zalayeta is leaving at end of season but you forgot Delpiero.

Anyways I too don't want to see him go back to Juve cuz they already had him but never gave full chance. Spent 2 seasons on loan already at Fiorentina and Perugia and quite successful in both spells especially Perugia one yet Juve still didn't keep him and give ENOUGH chance although he did play quite a bit for a while, so now I hope to see him move.

Can't see move to Sevilla though, they're already packed and assuming Saviola stays there next season as well.

They already have 4 strikers in Luis Fabiano, Saviola, Kanoute, Makukula and they have youngsters coming through as well so it's hard to see space for him unless one moves.

So I hope to see him stay in Benfica (but he wont be guaranteed 1st team place thats the problem) or go to another club where he can play regularly.

Come on Benfica, lets beat Barceloca,,i can not stand them cause of the Barceloca that is in Ecuador, so i dislike them both, so i am pulling for BENFICA CARAYO,,FO DES...

Easy... easy... it's not so easy beat Barça. We done it in 60/61 in the final of UEFA CL.

By the way we gonna make a surprise to Barça, like we did with Man Utd and Liverpool.

Mauras, if you're there:

Congratulations, your team was eleminated by a weakly FC Porto, now your frustration is getting enormous. Keep dreaming with Portuguese Championship since you have been eleminated in UEFA and for PT Cup. :lmao:

Some news say that Rui Costa will join Benfica this summer.... great player ... what do you think Benfica fans?

Will be the return of the prince! :D

Personally IMO, I think Rui Costa already gave everything in football, besides Benfica have Karagounis in great condition.

But would be sensational too see him again in Benfica.

Hes still great... but has tough competition from Kaka. He can be invisible for 89 minutes, but for 1 minute he will make the pass that will change the whole match.

Yes, that's totaly correct!

In Portugal's A Team was the same thing, he could be there 89 minutes runnning for nothing and in 1 minute he could change everything with a crucial pass or with a spectacular goal.

Back
Top Bottom