Benfica Thread

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread

Yeah, we made Barça on the 2nd like a childrens.

Fucking referee!

ThomasGOAL said:
Nice "V feint" by Simao on Eto'o, like in WE10 :)

Yeah, I'm requesting that movement on a .gif image.

How this stupid ref forgot the handball in the box?:shock: but anyway good game from the both teams

2nd Half was realing amazing, great football played that Miccoli is always prejudicing the opposite teams with is speed. :mryello:

ALAIN, my signature says everything!

In Portuguese Liga it's the same thing, we're are always being stolen. Championship it's for Porto, Champions League it's for Barça.

I don't think that Benfica will be out because of that handball: Barça could've clearly scored a couple of times and they (unexpectedly) missed... I think Benfica supporters should be happy they managed to keep their goal clean. That gives them a chance at Barcelona... although I think Barça will finish them there.

Pelintra said:
2nd Half was realing amazing, great football played that Miccoli is always prejudicing the opposite teams with is speed. :mryello:

ALAIN, my signature says everything!

In Portuguese Liga it's the same thing, we're are always being stolen. Championship it's for Porto, Champions League it's for Barça.

oh just saw it you 're right very very very CRAP ref pff...

I don't agree. I thought the ref had to make 190 decisions and he did REALlllllly well.. on 187 of them. I only disagreed with 2-3 things when an avg ref gets more than 20 decisions wrong since he has no replay like us.

BUT I definitely agree that was a penalty. The one with Motta but who knows if penalty would've been goal? If Deco and Eto'o can miss from 4 yards out.. it's not to say a penalty is definitely a goal so all we can do is guess.

Great entertaining match though, Barca the better team in first half with 4-5 good goal-scoring opportunities all missed and Benfica clearly the better side in 2nd half and could've won the match perhaps with that PK or other chances.

One of the best 0-0's I've seen, had everything. had the midfield battle.. the tackles.. the shots on target and off target.. the crowd was great! :D

Everything was beautiful and great match!!

I liked how this referee let a lot of Stupid fouls refs give, GO unpunished so match got great pace and excitment to it instead of that stupid ref who did Villarrea vs. Rangers and in first 20 mins gave 89 fouls so players/fans were pissed off cuz he wouldn't even play advantage.. whistle whistle whistle.

Bennet did really well and let match flow and a big reason why this match was exciting was because of his refereeing and refusing to give bullshit fouls to either team for bodychecks/diving, unfortunately one of his few mistakes in game was a DEFINITE PK for Benfica he somehow didn't give! :(

So I don't think it's fair to say overall bad referee.. cuz he did very well for most part except ONE big bad decision :(.

Gedtillo said:
I don't think that Benfica will be out because of that handball: Barça could've clearly scored a couple of times and they (unexpectedly) missed... I think Benfica supporters should be happy they managed to keep their goal clean. That gives them a chance at Barcelona... although I think Barça will finish them there.

Yes but in the 2nd we could won the game.

That's why I think a draw is pretty fair, and neither Barça nor Benfica should complain.

Milanista said:
I love Miccoli. He didnt do too much, but everytime he touched the ball he wanted to do something incredible!
Yeah went for a real wonder goal near the end. Gotta love players like that.

Just see Mantorras scored again yesterday 8) how many goals did he score since the beginning of The league??

If I'm not in error he have 4 / 5 Goals, we still love him.
By the way this thread is ruinned again, loosing the championship for FC Porto, being eleminated by Vitória de Guimarães for Portuguese Cup with ghost goal scored and finally eleminated by Barcelona for Champions League, we can be proud to win this year the Portuguese SuperCup*. :-s

*P.S.: At last Sporting will not win anything once again. 4 Years and still counting. :lol::mryellow:

Next year we'll be more stronger, and you will know one of our futurest players, Manú, a new "Ronaldinho" will appear next year. I hope Miccoli stays and the fat Koeman get sacked. We want Camacho back! :ram:

With José António Camacho the "spectacular and agressive attacking football" will be back. Ask Inter and Porto in season 03/04. :mrgreen:

Camacho shouldn't return, my humble opinion. Just like Rui Costa. Lets stick with the image we have from them and not ruin it with a second stint at our club. In case something goes wrong, they get chopped by our most demanding section of our crowd (as I've said at another forum).

And yes, MiMiMiccoli HAS GOT to stay on at Benfica! We definately need a player with that kind of quality and attitude on the field.

Laurent Robert, is in fact in Istambul, but it's not on negotiations with Galatasaray SK, as the sports' newspaper Clicanoo wrote. The player said that he want to continue in Benfica, who have more 3 years of contract to finish.

Robert said: "Yes, I'm here in Istambul with my family in vactions, I'm here at 3 days ago with my wife, Istambul is a beautiful city and everything is fine. Since I've been notice from the newspapers from Turkey about me and Galatasaray are untrue, but the people here have been very kind with me when they watch me on the streets, because they might think that I will assign for Galatasaray. I wish to continue my adventure in Benfica, the club that I represent, but everything depends to the club."

Talking about Fernando Santos, the new coach of SL Benfica, the French said "I don't know too much about him, I only know that he's a successful coach who managed FC Porto and Sporting, he must be a great coach."

Source: abola.pt

Last edited:
Re: SL Benfica Thread [Robert want to stay!]

Will miss him... :( Very loyal player.. he didnt get much playing time with Kaka around, but he still respected his contract and played happily when the team needed him.

Re: SL Benfica Thread [Robert want to stay!]

Watch OUT! Rui Costa is coming! :ram:

23487.jpg

Rendam-se! O Maestro está de volta!

Surrender yourself! The Maestro is back!

:D

Gotta buy this shirt:
ruicosta108ss.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: SL Benfica Thread - Rui Costa IS BACK!!!

The legend is back! Not half the player he used to be but still great just to have him back!! I'm very happy to see him in Benfica jersey again! :D :mrgreen: \\:o/

As for Robert, I'm very surprised the Benfica staff offered him a 3 and half year contract when they signed him last January!!! That's a bit risky in my opinion for a player whom we know all too well about what he's done in past!

I would've offered him two if I could!

Yeah, about Robert it's to much, he's very irregular (unrregular, I don't know... sorry :|) he's a player like "I made 3 spectacular games in 10 possible!". He doesn't defend, Léo sometimes argue with him, and he's right, LauRo is always stoped in the midfield waiting for the ball.
The best thing of this guy is the shot and the long free kicks (when he isn't in bad day).

About Rui Costa, 12 after he's back! The prince of Lisbon and Florence is back for a new great season (I hope so :D), he can be "away" from the game during 89' but in 1 minute he can decide any game with a death pass or a spectacular shot and score a goal. We just need Miccoli and nothing more!
Miccoli + Rui Costa, omg I can't imagine! :mrgreen:

C'mon MiGOLI, stay with US! :D

I will miss him. Hes one of my all time favourites. I remember I bought Predator Lunars just because of him!

Milanista said:
I will miss him. Hes one of my all time favourites. I remember I bought Predator Lunars just because of him!

Yeah, I bought that boots too when he weared then in 2003, still have them, that pearl color is just awesome! :D

Yep I was surprised they gave him 3 years and half! it's too risky for a player like Laurent that has more apparent "Weaknesses and bad things" than actual "Good things" about him!!

As for that pic, I agree! It's beautiful! :D

That picture bring me a tear. :')

Amazing comeback!!! The relation between Rui and all of us benfica supporters shown today in the press conference and specially in the stadium is just unique and i was filled with joy just seing him so happy with that jersey. He's much more than just a top class player and he'll have a major impact in all aspects of our team. And honestly I believe he's the kind of players that can play for a few 2 or 3 more years at the highest level, he's in very good shape, never had any major injury, not the kind of players that needs to run much, he's THE playmaker (in the truth sence on the word more than any other player in the world). All his major skils remain intact...technique, inteligence, playmaking, leadership

He's the rare kind of player and man we all should see as an example to follow. I'm sure he'll top our expectations and he really deserves all our support and the best luck in the world.

Back
Top Bottom