Benfica Thread

Re: SL Benfica thread (UCL Strikes Back!)

:lmao:

Welcome to . . .

uefa_cup_logo.jpg

:(

Well we won today Belenenses, great goals by Fonseca and Katsouranis, I also loved Karagounis' free kick. :)

Road to the #1 place! :cheers:

Re: SL Benfica thread (Uefa Cup = p*ss)

how Mantorras is doing?I can't get any infos about him
still at Benfica?

Well he stills unfortunantly in the bench but he shows some quality football and team working.

Well last game he jump from the bench and scrore the GOAL of Victory in "Taça de Portugal". Mantorras is a good striker he have good acuracy and all and in 2004/05 when Benfica win the champ almost every time he enter in game whit 20-30 min to end the match he scored....
Like Fernando Santos said Mantorras know he cant play a entire mach, he can play only 45min. If he had made that operation to Meniscus maybe it could be playing now 100% but that operation need a recovery of 1 year and Mantorras doesnt wanted. Someday maybe he will play a entire match....

Peace ;)

Last edited:
Re: SL Benfica thread

Another win yesterday, which means that we are undefeated for 11 straight games in the league, but still, 4pts behind porto.
Now bring on PSG !

We're playing very well, I hope Sporting beat Porto and they will be only 1 point ahead of us.

Bring on PSG! Hell at the Parc des Princes!

Rather than asking a sporting fan who would be biased.
How good is Nani? He's being linked with Man Utd and I was just wondering.

We're playing very well, I hope Sporting beat Porto and they will be only 1 point ahead of us.

Bring on PSG! Hell at the Parc des Princes!

yeah it's gonna be a great game with a great crowd(due to the amount of Portugueses in Paris:D )Benfica will be almost like at home!:lol:

Rather than asking a sporting fan who would be biased.
How good is Nani? He's being linked with Man Utd and I was just wondering.

He's good player but he has his days, sometimes he's awesome other's he's crap but I'm sure if he join to Man Utd he'll be one of the best players in the world. The fact is, Sporting along with Ajax have the best soccer schools in the World, Sporting does a great player formation but they really grow up at other clubs like Figo, Paulo Futre, C.Ronaldo, Quaresma, Simão etc.
The recent example is C. Ronaldo. His speed, acceleration, passing and free kick taking increased at Man Utd, at Sporting he was just a technical talent player! ;)

yeah it's gonna be a great game with a great crowd(due to the amount of Portugueses in Paris:D )Benfica will be almost like at home!:lol:

Yeah, like last year agaisnt Lille for CL. Champions League attendence record! :D

Last edited:

When is Benfica v Sporting, is it 5pm on 29th April ??

How easy is it to get tickets for this match ?

The English league is the best place for very technical players. It's really fast and if you can do these tricks mixed with the speed you'll become something special. Not many manage it but look at Ronaldo and Henry as the best examples. I hope we can get Nani and maybe some more players like him.

With one game to go next sunday, these are the standings:

Porto - 66 pts
Sporting - 65 pts
Benfica - 64 pts

Nerve-wrecking to say the least...

With one game to go next sunday, these are the standings:

Porto - 66 pts
Sporting - 65 pts
Benfica - 64 pts

Nerve-wrecking to say the least...
Never seen a situation like that at the top. Its like the excitement of a relegation battle but at the top of the table.

I hope a defeat for Porto agaisnt Desportivo das Aves and a draw between Sporting against Belenenses - in the end I hope Benfica win Acamédica and then we can say it "CHAMPIONS 32 TIMES"!

I heard that too Simm but I think it's just speculation... :roll:

Here's the numbers list of the squad for 2007/2008 season:

Moreira #1
Luís Filipe #2
Anderson #3
Luisão #4
Léo #5
Petit #6
Óscar Cardozo #7
Katsouranis #8
Mantorras #9
Rui Costa #10
Miguelito #11
Quim #12
Sretenović #13
Andrés Díaz #15
Fábio Coentrão #16
Zoro #17
Manú #18
Bergessio #19
Di María #20
Nuno Gomes #21
Nelson #22
David Luiz #23
Butt #24
Nuno Assis #25
Yu Dabao #27
Freddy Adu #30
Manuel Fernandes #37

;)

He might play next tuesday in the Champions League qualifier. We have a lot of injuries and he's in shape. He may not start, but I can see us playing like crap like the last few pre-season matches and needing to inject some new blood in the 2nd half...

Season starts the 24th of August

Re: SL Benfica thread (Freddy Adu, Di Maria and Tacuara Cardozo in!)

He played today. Didn't see the match just read about it. He attempted a bicycle kick that went wide and almost set up a goal, but besides that he was hardly a factor.

Anyone watch the game?

I was at the stadium. He came on at the 35th minute give or take. We were playing like shit, so our coach threw him in. He came on for Luisão, who wasn't well after some bad tackle.

Besides the bycicle kick and a few touches in the first half he was not a factor at all. You could clearly see he it was his first game, he didn't have any chemistry with his teammates. But then again, we played like shit, nobody played well except for Rui Costa, who carried the team on his back and scored both goals.

I would like to know what Fernando Santos is doing at Benfica?

Fuck the President!

Sold Simão, Manuel Fernandes and couldn't hold Miccoli... I predict another shitty season and I think we gonna be wiped at Champions League more earlier than we ever thought.

Get back José António CAMACHO and we'll play a nice and entertaining football!

I would like to know what Fernando Santos is doing at Benfica?

Fuck the President!

Sold Simão, Manuel Fernandes and couldn't hold Miccoli... I predict another shitty season and I think we gonna be wiped at Champions League more earlier than we ever thought.

Get back José António CAMACHO and we'll play a nice and entertaining football!

DONE!!! Camacho "The Macho" is back! Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel. :):):)

camacho06.jpg

Now I've find out God really exists! :D

Football show now, I can't wait! :mryellow:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom