Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company (360 / PS3)

Nice collection of maps - that's good. Never played Conquest mode before but free download is awesome stuff.

Is the find all 5 stuff open to us in the UK as well - so we have to pre order and so on?

I doubt the extra guns will make much difference - but the sniper and #2 machine gun look nice

[EDIT]

I guess they are...

Here is how.

http://badcompany.ea.com/page/dynpid/8616/

Sniper Rifle: Pre-Order the game

LMG: (M60) Register to the news Letter

Sub Machine: (Uzi) Reach max rank (4) in the demo, there is no code, simply start up the full game and it'll be there.

Assault Rifle: Become a vet at findallfive.com (not sure what it means, and the video doesn't help so if anyone can specify what to do, please be descriptive, I'm thinking it means get all the other codes.)

Demolition class: Just link your gamertag/PSN on the EA site - if you haven't done that already then... Check stats online. Google Bad Company and go the to website, register to the Bad Company site and when prompted to create a persona, make it the EXACT same as your PSN name. The stats will link and you should receive a unlock code to use for the full game.

----

I'll have to find somewhere that's doing the pre order codes now.

========

Link to my stat page! Very nice

http://badcompany.ea.com/myprofile/ps3/KRadiation

Last edited:

none of them work for the demo anyway i dont think

they will for the full game though obviously

Time Played - 5hr, 3min, 25sec
Kills - 139
Deaths - 179

not bad for saying i have never played BF before :))

Radiation what class are you using and how are you getting your kills?

you a run and gunner, sniper ect

I kinda swap between Demolition, Recon and Support (I think it's named 'support', the medic guy) depending on attack or defense and how my team are playing. I tend to find a spot and just sit there as well taking people out. I've never played BF before other than offline on the xbox ... whatever game that was.

Playing as the Demolition class.

ATTACKING
I spend most of my time taking out tanks and launching rockets at the walls around the crates so me and my team mates could get to them easily and defend the charges from out side.

DEFENDING
I'll lay as many mines as i can around the base - take out the bridge and concentrate on keeping the tanks away.

-

Recon

ATTACKING
From the start I'll head out to the far right side and snipe/air to ground missile the bases. If that doesn't work as the enemy are defending that then I'll probably swap to Demo or another class until later on. Depending on my mood as well i might try and sneak behind the enemy base and then snipe the crates until they're destroyed which takes ages but works.

DEFENDING
I'll stand to the side of the bases and try to take out tanks with the missile and snipe anyone planting charges. I'll also use my missiles to clear the walls on my side of the crates so i have a nice clear shot at anyone there.

-

Support

ATTACKING
I'll try and stick behind someone with a machine gun and provide extra fire power with my gun and health if they're hurt. I tend to play this role as a support rather than trying to plant the charges myself.

DEFENDING
I don't.

==

I have a bunch of areas on the map i like going to and just tend to repeat them each game and they work a treat on and off. It'll be a bit hard to explain where without a map or video though.

-
Total Score 6986 Kills 416 Deaths 271
Time Played 8hr, 22min, 26sec

Last edited:

So you can blow up crates without planting charges?

Yeah - you can get right in with a shotgun and blast the bugger and even better is the alarm wont go off so most people ignore you attacking it and the triangle flashing. Or stand a bit away and shoot it with rockets or tank shells or whatever you have.

My route when attacking is usually the same...

Start out on the left (or far far right side if I'm recon) and attack the first crate i come to whichever side that is. I'll keep my distance as well because this base is tough as they spawn right in it every time.

Once thats done you head up that hill and to the place with the chopper in. There i have 2 attacks.

1 - go to the left side, hide in the bushes and attack from that side with rockets or sniper people and use the missiles to attack the crates and destroy everything.

2 - go to the far far far far right, hide right at the back and take out the right side crate from a distance and hope my teammates get the left one.

Next you have the create thats near the water/flooded area and one up a ladder. I always go for the ladder one, climb up, plant and then get your knife out and stab anyone who comes running up. Though i do get sniped here a lot by defenders but theres nothing you can do other than hide in the crate area --- but then you're open to tank/rockets and once the wall falls everyone can see you.

After that theres that 2 in the centre that i hate... just because they're in a pain in the arse area. The 1 surrounded by sandbags offers good cover for the attacking snipers - you can let someone plant a charge and then just pick off anyone disarming it easily. The other one ive found a way to through the buildings and then climbing up onto a roof and launching rockets at it or sniping and using my missiles at it.

Then onto the last 2 and i always do the same here - i head out to the left side, climb the ladder, blow out the wall on the left and then use the mounted rocket launcher to kill anyone near... after a while ill run and hide in the building next to it that a blew open for the defenders who decide to run over to me to kill me. The last crates are really tough to plant and to disarm but the mines come in very handy here so a suicide run throwing mines usually gives me a bunch of kills a bit later. (as the mines remain even if you die and respawn - not sure if they remain if you change class though)

The rocket way is much easier with 2 men so one can cover the ladder with a knife as well

Last edited:

From the EA Bad Company Forums and Gamefaqs

We all know the demo has some problems, but what "demo" doesn't. EA is working on them and is aware of them. The following quote is from the EA Forums. They started a "Feedback" thread, and the first post is issues that they are aware of. Below is THEIR post...........

Reported issues:
- Unending sprint capabilities - perhaps this is unrealistic
- Using the grenade launcher, then sprinting right afterward removes the need to reload, same with guns
- When switching back from Laser Guided Missile view the screen goes grey and doesn't refresh until you respawn
- When starting to play the microphone of a bluetooth or USB headset gets disabled and seems only fixable by rebooting the PS3
- Random freezes, possibly when player number reaches 20+
- at end of a game you go back to the main menu in stead of staying connected
- Regular genades do not seem to affect walls
- Tanks need multiple shots to destroy walls, not strong enough?
- Some loud sound effect seems to start looping while playing and can only be fixed by rebooting the PS3

Feature requests:
- Subtitles
- Option to skip cutscenes
- More control options in vehicles
- Lowest possible position is crouch, you can't "hit the deck"
- Allow more than 4 people to join a squad, 12 would be nice
- Ground vehicle controls: give option for gas/brake to be R2/gas L2/brake
- Need lock-on ability with chopper missiles
- Clan support
- Add an option to turn off the Film Grain Effect.
- Sprint on/off button, or auto deactivate when you stop moving
- Add a time limit so grenades held in the hand explode
- Let the "near death" visual effect fade out after a while
- Add a radio style command like in the PC Battlefield games where you request a ride and a "thanks" command as a show of appreciation
- Increase the out of border time limit in vehicles by a couple of seconds.
- Make people in artillery not register as spawn points like a full vehicle

Sounds good

i would be happy if it stayed as it is so if these changes happen its only a good thing :)

They need to put parachutes in as well, it makes no sense to remove them.

I hope they reduce the time the near death visual effect works alright, that annoys the hell out of me. :(

I tried the solo mode. I don't like it. I can't see anything !!!

Solo didn't grab me but saying that it rarely does these day. Its all about online :))

im still unsure if Im going to get this ahhhh

Joe just get rid of some of the games you dont play and you will get this for next to nothing

I got sucked into this again today. Played it for about 3 hours.

Really liking the online, the only thing that starts to get annoying the later you play is the lag. I was doing well on Recon earlier but the lag started towards the end and dear god it was frustrating. :(

Another thing thats a bit annoying is the fact that sometimes when snipers are hiding in bushes, they seem to be protected by the branches. You can shoot at them all day long and nothing happens. Happened to me earlier with a guy and it was like Naked Gun, the two of us looking at each other from about 5 feet away, him hiding in a bush and me running side to side trying to shoot him as he tried to shoot me. After about 3 clips I managed to move around enough to find an angle that finally managed to hit him. Hopefully just a demo gripe though. :)

I got sucked into this again today. Played it for about 3 hours.

Really liking the online, the only thing that starts to get annoying the later you play is the lag. I was doing well on Recon earlier but the lag started towards the end and dear god it was frustrating. :(

Another thing thats a bit annoying is the fact that sometimes when snipers are hiding in bushes, they seem to be protected by the branches. You can shoot at them all day long and nothing happens. Happened to me earlier with a guy and it was like Naked Gun, the two of us looking at each other from about 5 feet away, him hiding in a bush and me running side to side trying to shoot him as he tried to shoot me. After about 3 clips I managed to move around enough to find an angle that finally managed to hit him. Hopefully just a demo gripe though. :)

the lag should be fixed on the 360 by release they say, but i can't see how they can be certain as they say they don't know what's causing it.

has anyone played conquest mode on previous games? how does it work?

conquest mode, must be like the one on Rainbow Six where you take over certain targets and once you get all 3 (they were satalites in R6V2) The timer starts and wont stop unless the other team gets one of your targets

I am going to trade Euro '08 and Rainbow 6 and get this because I am Hardcore.

hi guys which version should i buy this game? 360 or ps3? give me some pro's and cons please if you can, cheers

Back
Top Bottom