Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 and PS3

I never said that BF was more of a run-and-gun game either, did I? I said COD4 is a better game, that was all. You're trying to make something out of nothing, pointless discussion, move on.

And I think you'll find most people on this forum would likely class you as a fanboy with the amount of shit you give to the 360 and it breaking/RROD. Broken record indeed.

Like I say, pointless discussion, I'm not carrying it on.
instead of saying cod4 is better why not give some info on why its better? so what if I keep bashing the 3rrod. doesn't make me a fanboy when I own it and still use it LOL:LOL:

From a neutral position having read this little argument, Dazimus wins and jonneymendoza's posts have been shit.

Stop complaining about the 360 and accept that some people don't like the games you do.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Played this on and off all day today and had brilliant lag free games.

Then just now I'm guessing as the servers fill up with the Americans ive ran into a lag fest - the kind where you shoot someone and think they're dead and then you die!

At first i was cursing the game and slagging off the hit detection as id blast someone at close range with a shotgun and they'd run away as if i hadn't made contact and they didn't know i was behind them.

One serious complaint though is that splash damage is shockingly bad to the point where one second you can fire a rocket at someone miss and the splash will still kill them... then the next you launch a rocket at a wall behind someone and because its a destructible wall it does no splash damage to them .... very bad!

I'm enjoying leveling up - I'm at level 3 now and have unlocked some cool unlocks and it gives you someone to keep playing for and keep improving on.

From the post above about taking 2 minutes to join a game -- 2 MINUTES? I've been getting into games in seconds! you click quick game, ranked.. it pops up joining session and then 3 seconds later the load screen comes up.

Really fun game, though I'm getting sick of this map a little now.

Decent game but I do think Coopz and yourself are overhyping it and it'll be interesting to see if the hype is still around from you guys in a couple of months.

Im not overhyping it

Vegas 2 was a disappointment in my eyes because it was basically the same game with running added to it and new levels. I would rather have played the old Vegas than the new one

COD4 was a pick up and play game that everyone enjoyed

So if they started off with COD4 in mind then added bigger levels, destructible stuff and big levels i cant see how a COD fan cant like it

i think your definition of run and gun and camping is different to us as well :))

I thought Vegas 2 was a bit of a letdown as well - Same game as the first but with some of the loved MP maps taken out for no reason and a new SP story that no doubt used a bunch of data they had left over from the first game.

I can't get into COD4 on consoles after playing the previous CODs on pc for years - it just doesn't feel right - and especially after playing this when you see someone hiding, im immediately trying to blow the wall down and take them out.

This game though - i guess if you want to you can run and gun but a few games i had last night it was painfully obvious when a team was fully of run n gunners and a team full of team workers.

In the many team work games and with most players without a mic on people where still stopping in tanks to pick up nearby people and choppers where dropping men off behind the objectives.

In the game later in the night full of americans, everyone was running around like it was a team deathmatch and i noticed hardly anyone used the vehicles or motor strikes which was shite

I think if you play this like a run N gun then you'll think its shit - if you get in with a good crowd and especially with friends then teaming up in a squad with medic, demolition, assault and recon classes you can go around owning the enemy (but not to the point where they don't stand a chance)

Going solo also means you have no chance of spotting enemy targets for other players to see or combining and planting tracking devices on tanks for rocket launchers to home in on and destroy from miles away.

I think this game is very interesting and the more i play the more im becoming addicted - this is also an awesome demo with the ranking up, stat tracking and unlocks that go toward the full game!

Now does anyone have a link to this multiplayer video i read about?

I found one on ign where they spoke about how to survive online but nothing about game modes

Interesting post there, Radiation. Maybe I've just been playing it with deathmatch fans it seems ...

I'm downloading that link JB thanks. And what Radiation said was right. It depends who you play with. I'm really excited for the release of this, I love the online play.

Just had an awesome game as defenders

we was defending the last post and i was on a Rooftop with my new sniper rifle and binoculars (they have laser guided missiles) shooting and blowing the shit out of everyone

we held out for the win :))

Sniper Rifles are awesome in this game

Just watched that video and learned some new stuff

im gonna try the medic out with them bombs he has and what i thought was flares are tracers to put onto vehicles :LOL:

Im not happy i unlocked the snipers binoculars - other than being able to lock onto tanks/jeeps/standing AA guns etc... you cant really do much.

Nearly every time ive locked on a tank ive then steered the rocket down and blown it up but the splash damage is shite if you spot a group of 5 people together and land next to them - if you're lucky you kill the nearest guy and that's it.

I wish i'd unlocked the anti tank mines or the mortar strike beacon

The medics tracker gun is awesome though and i love running around firing those buggers at everything i want destroying and then running off leaving someone else to fire a rocket and for me to get some assist points

I wish i'd unlocked the anti tank mines or the mortar strike beacon

The medics tracker gun is awesome though and i love running around firing those buggers at everything i want destroying and then running off leaving someone else to fire a rocket and for me to get some assist points

whats this mortar strike beacon?

The 'support' guy has it as his 2nd erm... gadget?

Im sure it says something like you can throw the beacon down and call for a mortar strike - not sure if you get an auto strike or the gay (EDIT - lol that was supposed to be GUY) at the attackers spawn can see your request and then can help.

Speaking of - ive still yet to use that bloody mortar cannon as some buggers always grab it really early on and just camp there for the entire game

Last edited:

Oh yeah you only get 3 or 4 unlocks so use them wisely

Life 2 is a must

i dunno what my last ones gonna be though, either the M16 or the Mortars

So far i bought the extra shotgun for the demolition which was a complete waste of time - although it is a monster in close quarters and has bagged me a few double kills from 1 shot --- and the binoculars which again i'm finding a little useless.

yeah i have the best sniper and binoculars and wish i hadn't got em

Interesting post there, Radiation. Maybe I've just been playing it with deathmatch fans it seems ...
Yes radiation made a good post about the game unlike you who just said vegas2 and cod4 is better without any reasons why. And saying that me and coopz are over hyping this game is insane as well. where not overhyping it. where just expressing our impressions of the game.

Yes radiation made a good post about the game unlike you who just said vegas2 and cod4 is better without any reasons why. And saying that me and coopz are over hyping this game is insane as well. where not overhyping it. where just expressing our impressions of the game.

:roll:

Move on.

Incidently, how old are you?

:roll:

Move on.

Incidently, how old are you?

move on? how old are you?| im not trying to create a petty argument with you. im trying to have a mature discussion about this game and asking you why you prefer cod4/vegas2. what's wrong with that?

I've played the demo on PS3, the single player seems a bit bland. It's hard to see who's shooting at you half the time, but it doesnt really matter as you can heal yourself with the injector thinggy.

Multiplayer is a bit of a confused mess IMO, I keep getting this "You are the last man standing" message when I can see people on the same team as me still very much alive and running around. Don't think I'll be getting this unless I see it for about £20-25.

I've played the demo on PS3, the single player seems a bit bland. It's hard to see who's shooting at you half the time, but it doesnt really matter as you can heal yourself with the injector thinggy.

Multiplayer is a bit of a confused mess IMO, I keep getting this "You are the last man standing" message when I can see people on the same team as me still very much alive and running around. Don't think I'll be getting this unless I see it for about £20-25.

I'm sure the last man standing is for other game modes - when everyone else is actually dead. As this is the Demo I'm sure it will get sorted out in the full release - Hopefully.

No the last man standing means you the only guy left for the rest of the team to choose the "Squad" respawn option. So if you die they all have to respawn back at the base

i thought it meant you are the man closest to the enemy targets and therefore the squad spawn point

thats what i said :))

so if you die they cant spawn back in the heat of the battle

It seems good but I just can't get into it in the same way I can with CoD4 or Battlefield 1942 or BF2.

Maybe the multiplayer demo level is a bit manic, but it just doesnt grab me the same way as say the maps on the Euro expansion on BF2.

im loving this - the best FPS ive played online since TF2 & R6V 2 and best squad based online since Warhawk

Just spent an entire map as the medic who is usually a boring character but his gun is awesome

yeah im the same

i liked COD4 but it got boring quickly just running and gunning and i preferred Vegas 1 to the second becuase the maps were very poor

got to rank 4 and curiously ive only had 3 unlocks. but i don't know what to get - im thinking the mortar strike but id prefer to know what its like in game first

Back
Top Bottom