Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company (360 / PS3)

Pros = live

what other difference can there be?

360 for me, purely because A) most people I know will have it on that and B) you can't switch the buttons on the PS3 version, and I'll never like a game where you have to use a shoulder button as shoot.

i think the 360 controller has FPS and Driving games bang on

your fingers go to the triggers automatically because of the shape of the pad so its perfect

I found it hard playing Vegas 2 and GT5 on the PS3 though because the pad don't fit to your fingers as well as the 360 one (with the triggers anyway)

I am going to trade Euro '08 and Rainbow 6 and get this because I am Hardcore.

Oh yeh! well im going to trade Euro '08, Rainbow 6 and! Madden

now whos hardcore

Oh yeh! well im going to trade Euro '08, Rainbow 6 and! Madden

now whos hardcore

Football and Shooting is Manly - When you add a Gay American Sport into the Equation, it becomes a negative and cancels out one game.

So I am still Hardcore!!!! and you my Friend are not!! :DD

If it was Rugby that would be a different matter

have they confirmed we can't change the buttons on the retail PS3 version ?

PS3 for me, lag free

have they confirmed we can't change the buttons on the retail PS3 version ?

PS3 for me, lag free

Xbox 360 for me - The lag gives it character.

Because I am in 'Bad Company' I pretend I'm an Alcoholic in Warfare. So the jumpiness etc just makes it more lifelike for me :DD

i couldnt change the buttons on the 360 version either plus i hate the lag on the 360 version but i like the rumble feature(then again ps3 has the ds3 pad).

I also don't mind who i play with because most times you lot don't accept my invites anyway :(

i much prefer the shoot button on R1 so i can press a button and fire instantly rather than having to press a trigger down fully

There will be no lag in the full release of the 360 version

this is a demo that has minimal servers on the other side of the world so don't read into it

says on the bad company forums they don't know what's causing the lag

i saw somewhere that they were only using servers that handle 50'000 people

I have come to the conclusion that this game is shit for the following reasons:

Any time you go out into the open you get shot, meaning you have to camp most of the time. Very slow paced.

Following on from that, bloody snipers are annoying - they go all the way to the side of the map and hide behind a bush or something, out of the range of your weapons and then just pick you off. They are hard to see and the only way to get rid of them is to use a sniper rifle on them, but sometimes that doesn't work as the branches can block bullets...

The games are very repetitive.

Single player is boring.

Online lag.

Bad hit detection.

People just mess about and teamkill or hog the turrets/vehicles all game or don't follow the objective at all...

I know it isn't a driving game, but the driving sucks. The controls for driving are weird too - LT = Accellerate LB = Brake :SS.

Repetitive voiceovers, each situation only has 1 or 2 different recordings, making them eventually begin to grate.

Destructable environment isn't all it's cracked up to be, when you knife wood that is blocking a door it takes about 2 seconds to register and then decide to break, it looks very amateurish and gets on my nerves. The walls don't break too realistically either.

Elitist knobbers who play the game all day and do nothing else, so they can pretty much headshot you with a pistol from 1 mile away if you leave 0.1cm of yourself sticking out (exaggeration but you get my point).

Any time you use a vehicle there is always someone waiting for you with a rocket launcher.

It seems like a throwaway game - one that people will play for about a month and then not come back to, leaving you to play random people if you go on there, and most of the time they are knobs...

Any time you go out into the open you get shot
Happens in every FPS online.

Following on from that, bloody snipers are annoying
They are in every FPS online.

The games are very repetitive
One-map demo, it's going to be repetitive.

Single player is boring
Yep, waste of space, should never have been done but then they couldn't charge full-price and those without an internet connection would be moaning, damned if you do, damned if you don't, so you might as well include it.

Online lag
Happens in every online game at some point, once a night I find with CoD4, but when the full game comes out and you can join UK servers rather than worldwide servers it will be a lot better I'm sure.

Bad hit detection
True, needs working on.

People just mess about and teamkill or hog the turrets/vehicles all game or don't follow the objective at all
When you have to pay to play it I'm sure there will be less knobheads who don't know what they're doing - but even so, you get loads of people in every other FPS who run off on their own and contribute nothing to your team.

I know it isn't a driving game, but the driving sucks. The controls for driving are weird too
You just need to get from A to B, I don't see why it matters (and I don't see why they've included radio stations either, what a waste of time that is).

Repetitive voiceovers, each situation only has 1 or 2 different recordings, making them eventually begin to grate
After playing BF2 for years I like knowing what they're about to say but I can see your point, not really a game-breaker though.

Destructable environment isn't all it's cracked up to be, when you knife wood that is blocking a door it takes about 2 seconds to register and then decide to break, it looks very amateurish and gets on my nerves
HAHA, yeah, I decided to try and chop a tree down the other day with the knife like someone said you could. I sliced, waited for about five seconds, nothing happened. So I took a few steps backwards looking for where to go next and suddenly the tree "snaps" and hits the floor. :lol:

Elitist knobbers who play the game all day and do nothing else, so they can pretty much headshot you with a pistol from 1 mile away if you leave 0.1cm of yourself sticking out
I've never, ever played a single FPS online where this isn't the case. Drives me crazy. I don't see why they can't stick noobs together and stick elites together rather than mix them up and spend an hour either dying a lot or never dying because you're so h4rdc0r3.

Any time you use a vehicle there is always someone waiting for you with a rocket launcher
Not seen that but it reminds me of "headquarters" on CoD4, as soon as you get close to the objective the room fills with 719 grenades thrown at once, and you stand no chance. Can't be any worse than that.

It seems like a throwaway game - one that people will play for about a month and then not come back to, leaving you to play random people if you go on there
Unfortunately this is the case with every modern game, I still love GTA IV and I play CoD4 on the PS3 almost every night. But after two weeks of solidly playing the game everybody gets fed up of it and wants the next thing, so you're stuck with randoms, which is a shame. Like I said to CW in the GTA IV thread, it's not the quality of the games, it's the fact that people play them every minute of the day (exaggeration, you know what I mean) and start to get sick of it within a week.

Like I said I still play CoD4 every night, you get tons of elites, tons of campers, circles of people throwing grenades and trapping you, but because you can kill someone with 3-4 shots even the low-level guys and the people who don't take it too seriously (like myself) can have fun on it.

I'm really looking forward to this, my only worry is that you can shoot someone ten times and they don't die, which is exactly how I felt when playing BF2, and it put me off eventually. Not fun.

[Sorry, just felt like making a massive post, not done one in ages :eh:]

well said JB. bf bc is a fantastic game that offers more variety then cod4 and otehr similar FPS games. i could play bf bc for hours and not get bored but with cod4 it gets boring realetivly quick. i just hope they fix the ability to kill someone with 4-5 shots instead of 10-15 shots. But other then that this game is fine has it is.

JB are you gong to get bf bc on the ps3?

The full game may be more polished, but usually demos of games show a fairly good representation of the full game.

There are some moments in the game which are good - Like when you are on a team of people who work together, but that hardly ever happens.

The full game may be more polished, but usually demos of games show a fairly good representation of the full game.

There are some moments in the game which are good - Like when you are on a team of people who work together, but that hardly ever happens.

I am hoping the hit detection and the lag is sorted (The lag should be definately sorted) Then the game will be good for me.

I will swap a couple of games for it and If I don't like it - I will just trade it. So its not a big deal for me.

Another thing that gets on my nerves alot (Which I think Rob Mentioned above) Is the repetitive dialogue - Especially if you are on the Arab side. He basically says the same two things over and over again!!!!!! ]

I like to have the sound up with my surround sound - but then you have this guy going 'HuggleBugglleluchluch' every two seconds it is fucking annoying!!!!

I hope they do something about that.

its annoying as the arabs because the audio as the USA helps a lot when something happens like a medi pack is handed to you from behind. unless you speak the language you have no idea what 'habdab mullee baloo' means.

Rob you can use A to drive vehicles you know

and about team work, i had a guy the other day who was a medic and he just followed me around giving me health when i needed it

i thought that was awesome :))

I play that kind of roll when im a medic and the points you end with is insane!

Last night i had 3 rounds where i was just a support class and all i did was drop health packs around, repair my teams vehicles and destroy a few enemy tanks with my repair tool (just in case anyone hadn't figured you can use it to damage enemy vehicles - just look out for them driving over you or exiting and shooting you) ---- I finished each round at the top player on my team (we won all 3 rounds)

I've noticed a lot of medics in the game though who are too dumb to realize the + icon means you need health so you run at them and they look at you and run away so you end up chasing them and then you both die.

JB are you gong to get bf bc on the ps3?
You've already asked me that and I've already answered you. ;) 360, if I can't use the triggers to shoot then I end up pressing the wrong button all the time.

EA boss John Riccitiello has said he will be upset if Battlefield: Bad Company gets less than 7/10 when it comes out later this month.

He feels the game, along with Mercenaries 2, Dead Space and Spore, are probably the best examples of EA titles that should rate highly this year.

"If I move to the games line-up, I am really proud of Mercenaries. I am really proud of Bad Company; I'd be disappointed if it was below high 70s. It is a really good game," said Riccitiello during a stock conference.

Says a lot when the EA boss would be content with 7/10 scores ...

Holy moly the support class is badass!

I killed a support class guy today then picked up his kit he drops and the guy had loads of unlocks.

He had what looked like a Famas which had a great scoped view on it - he also had the mortar strike which is AWESOME and i wish i had unlocked that.

You basically aim your crosshairs at where you want the strike to land - hold fire and the bar fills up (pretty quickly) as a little heads up display shows 3 arrows pointing down... a few seconds later a mortar strikes drops down.

I know what ill be unlocking first come the end of the month

Last edited:

Just downloaded the demo. :LOL: A very good game, I might buy the full game.

I unlocked the Mortar Strike :DD I done it once while I was hiding in a bush, but some of the bush got in the crosshairs and it rained down on me

Back
Top Bottom