Battlefield 3

@LTFC

Goddamn, that's not the game I'm playing. Usually there are so many ammo crates laying around that I always have full ammo.

What version are you playing?

360 version mate, but I think it's the same all round. There are usually plenty of health packs but most people seem to choose the defibrillator rather than ammo pack perk, because reviving nets you more points.

I frequently have to use the select button to ask a team mate for ammo but they just ignore it and run off. I don't even think 99% of people who play the game bothered finding out that you can ask for ammo or even spot.

I think the way people play and the closed off nature of many of the maps are the main problem. Fair play if people enjoy the game, but it's just not Battlefield any more. Its been lost because EA want a market share of the COD audience.

Really? It's people that generally ruin the game, and people won't be any different on PC. Anyone I know who has it on PC says people play the same way as on consoles.

The only difference perhaps is that some of the maps would be suited better with more players, like Operation Firestorm. Now that truly is a pointless map on consoles. I played a 34 minute CQ match on Sunday with my mate, and for around 25 of those final 34 minutes, the only foot soldiers I saw were two snipers way off in the hills. Other than that I didn't fire my gun once in half an hour because there was no-one to shoot at. Kind of a major fail for a FPS, don't you think?

Really? It's people that generally ruin the game, and people won't be any different on PC. Anyone I know who has it on PC says people play the same way as on consoles.

The only difference perhaps is that some of the maps would be suited better with more players, like Operation Firestorm. Now that truly is a pointless map on consoles. I played a 34 minute CQ match on Sunday with my mate, and for around 25 of those final 34 minutes, the only foot soldiers I saw were two snipers way off in the hills. Other than that I didn't fire my gun once in half an hour because there was no-one to shoot at. Kind of a major fail for a FPS, don't you think?

True
Even with 64 players on PC , you will be lucky to find foot soldiers coz PC have more vehicles and jets .

Sometimes I think LTFC is the unluckiest guy playing Battlefield, but the only reason I think that is cause I usually play with Platoon buddies.
Every other experience I had solo or with just 2/3 friends was shite like his. Some people that play this game are just so but so weird, like the scum of scum of COD.

I rarely have friends playing BF3 when I log in - they're all on Forza or Fifa, so I just enter a squad of randoms. If I don't like the squad I'm in, I simply choose a different squad. I've never really had a major issue. If I see someone down and I'm Assault class, I'll make the effort to revive them, which I also find to be in effect when I'm shot too. I drop ammo boxes very often and have picked up so many points for resupplies. Ok, I'm not working in a team as such and focusisng on set objectives with my squad members, but for lone playing, I'm still finding it a lot of fun. TBH, I'm only using my squad members as spawn points.

I don't think BF3 will ever beat BF:BC2 for sheer fun and involvement, but since the patch I'm thoroughly enjoying BF3 and I'm slowly picking up to the level I was on playing BC2.

My mate convinced me to play last night and we initially had a blast, the dumb ass server host did nothing but get in an attack chopper, taking off from the boat on Karg Island, rush. All we did was park on the beach and he kept just flying straight for us, but before he could reach us I'd shoot him down from the machine gunner seat of the tank.

After a while he just kicked us both for defending our objective. Brilliant. Kicked for not allowing the host to win.

Haha probably :P

I'm only gonna reserve playing it for when a group of mates are on it too, it's so much better that way. That's when we don't get kicked for beating the server admin!

It's the epic moments that keep me going with this game. Tonight's was placing C4 on a roadblock in a busy area near a capture point, expecting to use it on a road vehicle. A chopper with 4 in it calmly landed right on top of it. Just as they neutralized the CP, they were toast! The wife was on the phone to her posh nan at the time and gave me the daggers for erupting a "FUCK YES".

It's the epic moments that keep me going with this game. Tonight's was placing C4 on a roadblock in a busy area near a capture point, expecting to use it on a road vehicle. A chopper with 4 in it calmly landed right on top of it. Just as they neutralized the CP, they were toast! The wife was on the phone to her posh nan at the time and gave me the daggers for erupting a "FUCK YES".

With her nan no doubt proclaiming, "The fucker is on Battlefield again, isn't he. What not, tea and crumpets etc."

NOTICE PC players: Apologies for delay in your 2XP event. To give you a full weekend as planned, we're rescheduling this for May 26-27

take it that means it won't work today

Just got a few 40k+ rounds cheers.

However, the guys who own the servers can be right bastards. Pulling the plug with 5 or so tickets left because they know they're going to lose. Don't get the double xp for that. Meh.

I read on Game Informer that they'll bring back he official servers.

These rented one go on way too long for me and yesterday I was apparently killed by admin? Then the fucker put me on the other team that was getting it's ass kicked.

The only problems I only face on PS3 is seeing the server owner spawn camp when they've stated it's "illegal". Sounds like there's some right pikelets about.

Regarding the official servers, I noticed the proper Battlefield twitter account was responding to questions about them and stated they will be adding more servers shortly and keeping a percentage of them "vanilla".

They replied me and said they'll pass it on.

The only problems I only face on PS3 is seeing the server owner spawn camp when they've stated it's "illegal". Sounds like there's some right pikelets about.

Regarding the official servers, I noticed the proper Battlefield twitter account was responding to questions about them and stated they will be adding more servers shortly and keeping a percentage of them "vanilla".

Most people don't care what the server stipulations are. Base spawning and camping, using weapons which are banned, team killing etc. etc.

Boy I'm having a bad night with games, first I pretty much resign PES to the scrapheap for this year, now this.

Since the patch I can barely play a single decent match without strange things going on. I STILL keep randomly just dying then the game bringing up a message saying 'bad luck'. Really? All this time and they haven't fixed that?

I then got shot because the game got me stuck in a window, with me doing some strange 'bobbing' motion ... erm ... and then the three games that I actually got a decent game out of it, and it froze my console before each game could finish. One was a 1000 ticket CQ match, which took over an hour, then with about 90 or so tickets left, yup, my xbox froze. Never happened before the patch, now it does it every time.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that now the USAS has been nerfed, suddenly everyone is using the M320 Dart? It's as common as the USAS now, and ridiculously over powered again. It's a one hit kill, even from huge range, and it seem like everyone is using it. DICE really can't get anything right.

Been getting a little fed up with it the last few sessions I've had. Tonight though, a lot of fun. I can see the end of my current interest approaching, must be said, surely around the time folk go nuts over that bobbar-sounding map pack.

It just doesn't work properly since the rent-a-server patch. I just played another huge game on Metro, 1500 tickets, it lasted over an hour. I was up to over 80 kills, and the other team were down to just 80 tickets or so, and the fucking game froze YET AGAIN. I presume when this happens, you don't get any of the points or stats you'd just accumulated then. Brilliant. An hour wasted.

Not only that, but seeing as the only servers pretty much available are now just rented servers, then it pretty much makes it impossible to find any maps on the server list that aren't Metro, Seine Crossing or Grand Bazaar. When you do enter it, the vast majority are using the grenade launcher, dart attachment or rockets. For a FPS, there isn't that much shooting going on.

I can't be bothered now, I'm not constantly wasting my time playing a game that's gonna freeze once every other game. It's made my friends give up and log off several times, and ruins the game completely. Thanks EA and DICE. I'm not currently gonna get the DLC coming out that's for sure, for that I'd need to be at least semi-confident that the game will allow me to finish a match.

It just doesn't work properly since the rent-a-server patch. I just played another huge game on Metro, 1500 tickets, it lasted over an hour. I was up to over 80 kills, and the other team were down to just 80 tickets or so, and the fucking game froze YET AGAIN. I presume when this happens, you don't get any of the points or stats you'd just accumulated then. Brilliant. An hour wasted.

Not only that, but seeing as the only servers pretty much available are now just rented servers, then it pretty much makes it impossible to find any maps on the server list that aren't Metro, Seine Crossing or Grand Bazaar. When you do enter it, the vast majority are using the grenade launcher, dart attachment or rockets. For a FPS, there isn't that much shooting going on.

I can't be bothered now, I'm not constantly wasting my time playing a game that's gonna freeze once every other game. It's made my friends give up and log off several times, and ruins the game completely. Thanks EA and DICE. I'm not currently gonna get the DLC coming out that's for sure, for that I'd need to be at least semi-confident that the game will allow me to finish a match.
Agreed. How can they expect anyone but the braindead to buy any DLC for this now? EA at their finest.

FYI, your stats are updated if the game freezes, I've checked B/Log before a match and after a freeze many many times, to make sure. Ribbons & medals kept too.

Back
Top Bottom