Battlefield 3

Hey tobi you were in our server today right?

I died from a grenade, then suddenly thought, hey I know that name :LOL:

Did I manage to kill you once?

About the server I think you got in a terrible moment, our team was dominating and even getting into their spawn, but your team wasn't weak it had lots of our brazilians friends, but in the end they sorta of gave up.
We had just came from a 50min lost in Caspian Border and we were eager to dominate them.

I was there and yes you got me.

It was very one sided, your team camped us into our respawn area.

360 patch arriving today, finally.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/04/xbox-360-patch-going-live-april-3rd/

And as said, you can rent servers for a certain amount of money.

Starting today, you can rent your own Battlefield 3 server on PS3! This option is available from the “RENT A SERVER” menu and gives you a lot of exciting new options that the community has been asking for.

Having your own server gives you the power to create your personal gaming experience. You can either tweak every setting or choose a preset configuration and publish your server in just a few seconds.

What maps and modes do you want to play? Do you want to show the mini map or not? Do you want to turn off HUD elements and tweak respawn times and tickets? You can rent your server for 1, 7, 30, or 90 days starting today. Customize your server by giving it a name, description and custom logo.

Please note that in order to provide a robust and stable experience, we will be rolling out this functionality incrementally throughout the following week. This means we will have limited availability today, ramping up towards maximum capability in about one week’s time. If you try and rent a server and the option is grayed out, it means we are currently at peak capacity. If so, please try again later, as we will ramp up capacity every day.

Pricing for renting your own server is $1.49 / $6.99 / $24.99 / $64.99 (for 1, 7, 30, and 90 days).

I know for a fact that on the EA BF3 forums there are guys who have rented a server and are playing 24 hour Conquest games between them for members of their clan. That's one hell of a sure fire way to bump your points tally up.

A dedicated server would be great, but it's getting the people together to be able to have it functioning when needed.

This is such bollocks.

Trying it for the first time since the patch and it's still just as shite.

The rent a server idea is crap because the connection is terrible and seemingly all the EA ones are gone.

People still managed to find away upto the top of the construction site on Oman as well.

Selling it.

This is such bollocks.

Trying it for the first time since the patch and it's still just as shite.

The rent a server idea is crap because the connection is terrible and seemingly all the EA ones are gone.

People still managed to find away upto the top of the construction site on Oman as well.

Selling it.

Blimey. If the MAV glitch is now fixed how on earth are people doing that?! And more to the point, WHY are they doing that?

MAV elevator is still in. They've fixed only the middle part on top of the MAV, you can still stand on the cylindrical side pod things and go flying. I noticed it a couple of nights ago as a teammate was at it. I tested and it's still there definitely.

The custom servers are giving this game extra life for me. Plus the fact that Javelins and Stingers are now more potent. I was in a 1500-ticket CQ match on Oman and took out so many choppers & road vehicles that I was a giggling, stained mess by the end.

Well I'm really enjoying it, especially the new servers. Just had 2 games with 1200 tickets each. Christ they were long. Racked up 10k points in game alone without the bonus's, of which I had 200 x 139 Support Resupplies!

Think I got about 65 kills to 30 deaths but then got my arse handed to me with 42 kills to 70 deaths or so. FFS.

Great games though.

Having a great time with the new patch. But honestly didn't have a bad time without it. Bitter and I are on a few nights a week working together on the same team. We pretty much play Squad Death Match exclusively.

I was talking about my impressions of the dlc coming out. Is that not allowed?!

I was referring to your comments above that about not being tempted to try it out even after the patch.

But you can say whatever you want.

Just saying that some things seemed to be fixed now and it would probably be best to see it firsthand for yourself.

Well I'm really enjoying it, especially the new servers. Just had 2 games with 1200 tickets each. Christ they were long. Racked up 10k points in game alone without the bonus's, of which I had 200 x 139 Support Resupplies!

Think I got about 65 kills to 30 deaths but then got my arse handed to me with 42 kills to 70 deaths or so. FFS.

Great games though.
Yeah, I'm enjoying great matches pretty much all the time at the moment. My last 4 have been on the same server, which I've favourited. Gulf Of Oman, CQ, 1500 tickets. In the last two matches alone I've earned 95,000xp in total. Plain nuts! Something's clicking recently. In my most recent match, I joined just after the start and got to 13,000 combat score before the game crashed (my major gripe right now). I rebooted and rejoined the same match, it was 900 tickets left each and somehow I still won, working my way back up from 0 to 17,000. Total of 61 vehicles destroyed, 80+ kills. Before the patch I was averaging 5 kills every 300 ticket match, now it's 15+. How? Luck's returned - and the Javelin is a hero.

Seriously though, the crashing is my only gripe at the moment - 5 times in the last seven matches, terrible since the patch.

The DICE servers have disappeared from the quick match route, I have to go looking for them now. I don't like this.

Just had a long session on Bad Company 2, my first in many months.

I have to say it's pretty much the all-round better game in every area compared to BF3.

Better maps, better feel to the weapons, better balanced gameplay, better destruction, even better looking I think....and most importantly, better people playing the game. You don't have to chase people around asking for medpacks and ammo, they just do it.

I'm sorry to say that BF3 is completely finished for me now. DICE/EA have paid the price for opening up to the Call of Duty crowd, and my god does it show.

Just had a long session on Bad Company 2, my first in many months.

I have to say it's pretty much the all-round better game in every area compared to BF3.

Better maps, better feel to the weapons, better balanced gameplay, better destruction, even better looking I think....and most importantly, better people playing the game. You don't have to chase people around asking for medpacks and ammo, they just do it.

I'm sorry to say that BF3 is completely finished for me now. DICE/EA have paid the price for opening up to the Call of Duty crowd, and my god does it show.

Youre on console right?

I think on console bfbc2 is prob the better game perhaps not pc though

Yeah console. I have no doubt BF3 looks stunning on PC, it's the gameplay that sucks balls.

Well not just that the players size is much bigger. 24 max players would suck on pc i think also.

IMO its a pc game overall.

BFBC2 did have quite a few pros that bf3 aint got but Id say it was a lot more simple and arcadish. BF3 is a bigger package.

Back
Top Bottom