Battlefield 3

I'd say barely any of the maps offer recon a chance to snipe, which is good and bad. Good in that it emliminates endless rows of snipers sitting in hills but bad in that it shows how dull most of the maps are.

Recon is of course not just about sniping, it can be used far more effectively by ditching the sniper rifle and getting right into the action, but (again, really sorry to mention THAT game again!), BC2 did allow me to help my squad mates from a huge distance away by spotting and communicating through my sniper scope. You can barely do that on most of the maps.

Yeah in all honesty, the recon is broken. The bullet dip for the rifles is temperamental, the spotting the same. The UAV is just bollocks and the motion detector just a useless change from motion mines.

I must admit it's pretty much the only class I use but on that game I used to actually run around collecting flags, chuck motion mines down and spot for my team mates. Very often I'll use a gun other than a sniper rifle as well because the motion mines are so handy.

I can't snipe for shit in this game. There seems to be very little logic to the bullet drop mechanic. I'm not much of a sniper in FPS games anyway but I was fairly adept at it in Bad Company 2 - in BF3 I'm hopeless and I can't work out what I'm doing wrong.

Taking a shot from a huge distance and watching the bullet drop and loop down into a moving target, scoring a headshot, is one of the most satisfying things in gaming, and BC2 had moments like this and many others all over the place. Such a good game in retrospect and the Vietnam pack only made it better.

Battlefield 3 has been collecting dust for some time now. I just checked my Xbox Live stats and the last time I played it was the 25th January. :CONFUSE: Time to get rid, I think.

Is BF3 worth anything as a trade-in or for sale? I guess the online pass aspect limits its second hand value.

Agreed. It's getting a slight nerfing in the upcoming patch, thankfully.

I'm pretty much only going on this game right now to play as Recon and only on big maps. But then most matches are shite and when CQ is out I'm off on holiday to BC2 for a while

Do any of you guys use scopes on the machine guns? I remember on BC2 I got the most kills with the M16 and G3 with 4x scope but since Vietnam DLC came out I've liked having the stock iron sights more. However, I played and finished the single player of BF3 yesterday (finally) and quite enjoyed the 4x zoom on the guns.

Do any of you guys use scopes on the machine guns? I remember on BC2 I got the most kills with the M16 and G3 with 4x scope but since Vietnam DLC came out I've liked having the stock iron sights more. However, I played and finished the single player of BF3 yesterday (finally) and quite enjoyed the 4x zoom on the guns.

I've had some of my best games with the acog's. I like the one down from the x4, is it the x3.4 or something like that? I used that with the F2000 for a good while, loved it!

Having played this game for the first time in 2 months, just me or is it all about the explosives and everyone laying down? in such big open wide maps, its gamebreaking at times.

most cod players i know converted to this game and its showing, its a shame such a good game is wasted by community

Patch has been released, a big one. With both that and the mandatory re-download of Back To Karkand (if you had it already), you're looking at 2.3GB to download in total. The BTK issue was animation glitches although I'm not sure why they couldn't have fixed that via the patch. Also, this patch resets your class loadouts, slightly frustrating.

In the 4 or 5 matches I had last night, I noticed less control when using the foregrip, the F2000, FAMAS and AEK have more recoil, tanks have less armour overall, the stinger missiles are now laced with spinach (one hit disabling of choppers is back) and the MAV no longer allows passengers during flights. All positive changes. Tanks can reverse quicker than before too in a counter-balance to the lower amount of armour. The USAS-12 fires frag rounds slower and creates less splash damage.

Sadly, there is no fix available for dipshits. And the game is full of them. All my matches were over in under 10 minutes - partly due to terrible balancing. Every game had one team having a 2 or more soldier advantage and / or a lot of low-ranked soldiers up against high-ranked Colonels. I'm disappointed too that no changes have been made to the levels of destruction. Even something small like the bridges on Wake Island, it's just a wasted opportunity and feels so limited.

Did enjoy stinging some chopper whores last night, caused a few guys to shit their knickers after being disabled with one shot. Had far too many games where these Viper idiots go 25-0 or similar.

Is this patch for the xbox aswell? just loaded it up and didn't see anything?

do I have to go to a special place?

Does the patch sort the problem with not being able to join games with more than 2+ friends and be on the same team? I looked through the release notes and could see no mention of it :(

Alright so I played a lot after the patch, I think I can give a solid opinion now.

First of all that guy that keeps complaining about the game here, I think its LTFC? Don't get me wrong, I agree with you in all of those complains, but you are a fine example for the things that have changed.
You will be happier now, looks like they have listened to you.

Vehicles are much more vulnerable now, stingers and javelins are actually powerful, Choppers also take more damage while Jets are a bit faster, which make it a bit harder to control.
That Repair tool is slooooow now, you cant cheese in the back of the tank unless its 3 guys. A 20% tank for example takes a whole bottle and doesn't get to 100%.

Now the matchmaking and joining friends its a lot better, I always end up in my friends squad or team, but that has a bad effect since there are always those 'clan teams' against messed up teams.

The rent a server thing its great, you can customize a lot of things, kick people, change tickets, choose maps etc. Check that match with 2000 tickets for each side http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/38363569/4/266318909/ tons of kills on both sides, the match was long, we dominated than got dominated than it changed again, really amazing experience.

Now the weapons is the part I don't like, I get it but still don't like.
Recoil is so much bigger now, and the accessories seems to have a more negative effect, I'm hating them all but the foregrip and suppressor. And all you see is rifles with suppressor now, its the new USAS.
All weapons, except the Snipers, seems to take more bullets to kill and people that play on short range are playing much better, those mid range kills are hard now, and Battlefield ain't short ranged, so that is frustrating.
If you try to get someone from midrange like before, you will only catch attention, hence the loads of suppressors. Its better to get close first before killing.

Finally the frag slug sucks now, people that shot me from more than 100m were taking 10 to 30% tops. Not to mention nobody is using it now.

I recommend those that gave the game up to try again.

Hmm, I'm still not tempted back even by the sounds of the patch. If matchmaking isn't sorted, people playing like bellends isn't sorted, and being able to play on the same team as my mates isn't sorted, then I'll pass.

And if that's true about the changes, meaning people are doing better right up close rather than medium range, that sounds awful. It'll just make it even more frantic, random and COD like than it already is.

Hmm, I'm still not tempted back even by the sounds of the patch. If matchmaking isn't sorted, people playing like bellends isn't sorted, and being able to play on the same team as my mates isn't sorted, then I'll pass.

And if that's true about the changes, meaning people are doing better right up close rather than medium range, that sounds awful. It'll just make it even more frantic, random and COD like than it already is.

True I remember bf used to be about long range fire fights over bunkers and what not....not close combat shit...like cod....thats why there is cod and there is bf....shame if true.

Well its not about close range, its just easier in close range, and lots of peepz are doing.

But it aint COD messy, it is still need tactical approach.

And that's the part I didn't liked of the patch, I used to love KH2002 splashing 2-3 bursts from a safe distance were safe kills, but now just don't feel the same, like happened with most rifles.

It's almost as if they've got 'close quarters' DLC coming out soon.

Haha I didn't know their DLC was actually called 'Close Quarters' until you said ...

That DLC does look graphically gorgeous but the game just doesn't feel like old school BF or even BC2, which was slammed by lots for not being 'free roaming' enough. This DLC seems like it'll make that even more claustrophobic and limiting. And I'm not impressed by DICE's claims on the trailer that there's 'HD Destruction'. All they showed was a bit of plaster coming off the walls and a couple of big explosions that look supsiciously like they're auto triggered, like the giant red and white mast that falls over on Caspian Border.

Things in general feel better to me, I had a forty five minute match this evening, it was epic.

Hey tobi you were in our server today right?

I died from a grenade, then suddenly thought, hey I know that name :LOL:

Did I manage to kill you once?

About the server I think you got in a terrible moment, our team was dominating and even getting into their spawn, but your team wasn't weak it had lots of our brazilians friends, but in the end they sorta of gave up.
We had just came from a 50min lost in Caspian Border and we were eager to dominate them.

I hate 'improved' supression effect after the patch. This along the supernova sun glare makes my eyes bleed. It just don't make sense, that bullet flying few meters away paralyze your sight. Tried cover perk, but it barely helps.

Tanks really hard to use now. Hadn't much problems with them before, a 2-3 ppl with rpg's and mines over the place could stop them effectively even without air support. But now i'd rather ride a jeep in match start instead of tank, helies/jet now take them out so fast that u dont even have chance to bail out.

They also didn't completely fix'd mav bug, u can still ride on it. Heat seekers now just useless too .

On the bright side, command rose is greatly improved, USAS nerfed and i got better framerate after patch.

It's took me around 10 matches but I'm back to normal now with my Recon setup. MAV-wina is a great friend of mine, I've 14 surveillance medals thanks to her. The M98B is in my opinion a little less likely to kill when not hitting the upper body, however the range has been increased. You don't have to aim as high over the target on a long distance hit and you can see the bullet travelling further when you miss. In around 5 matches last night I managed around 50 kills with the M98B.

The custom servers addition is lengthening my enjoyment. At first I didn't think much to them - I certainly wouldn't pay for one as EA deserve as little as possible, but to those who are thick / rich enough to fork out, thanks. First experience was a 1000-ticket match on Wake Island (Rush) and it was a spectacular fail. It was a full lobby, I was on the attacking side and within 6 soul-damaging minutes, my team-mates drove vehicles straight to the objective and captured all 6 MCOMs whilst the opposition mainly set up across varying parts of the landscape, expecting a more drawn-out affair. Luckily, I had far better times on other custom servers, instant results in some cases. One was for large maps and Rush only, another for Conquest only on the DLC maps with 1000 tickets. Matches lasted between 20 and 70 minutes.

Overall, after a good 5 hours with the patch now I believe it's a great improvement but only time will tell how long it'll be before the dipshit brigade ruin everything.

Back
Top Bottom