Battlefield 3

Those maps look like they are ripped right out of MW2. Teams of eight players each too? It's all too obvious what EA want to make of BF here, and I'd bet money on them influencing the design of this map pack. Kind of gave it away how childish they are too when the schmuck at E3 made a scene out of welcoming Vince Zampella & Jason West in the crowd as "EA's friends", before congratulating them on their lucrative settlement with Activision.

end of day this is CQC map pack..obvs its like cod.

But they are bring out other DLC which will be biggest maps ever so will be uncod like

For those worried about the COD resemblance, I give you some Armored Kill DLC screens:

Battlefield-3-Armored-Kill-Bandar-Desert-Map-1.jpg

Battlefield-3-Armored-Kill-Bandar-Desert-Map-8.jpg

battlefield_3_armored_kill_-_bandar_desert_map_.jpg

Battlefield-3-Armored-Kill-Bandar-Desert-Map-3.jpg

BF3-Armored-Kill-3.jpg

battlefield_3_armored_kill_-_bandar_desert_map_-_e3_screen_7-1024x576.jpg

:)

I think EA have strived to bring in as many new gamers to the series as possible, which is of course what every company wants to do, but the result is that the game has turned from a series where people want to buy the game to play proper Battlefield, with communication and tactics, into one where everyone who shows up just wants to play it like a team deathmatch, like every FPS they'd played before this game came out. So in that sense, the series has truly lost its identity, and EA seem happy for that to happen so long as sales are maximised. On BC2 I played Rush almost exclusively because of the epic 'seige' scenarios that played out, but in bf3 the mode all but useless because no-one bothers playing it properly.

In terms of the bigger maps coming out, yes in principle they look awesome but the type of people playing, and the lack of balancing in my opinion will ruin them. I mean Operation Firestorm is a perfect example. On console, you barely ever see anyone actually on foot. Everyone spends the entire match dicking around in vehicles, rendering the map severely boring if you're on foot. If you consider those problems with the potential size of the new maps, which must mean even more vehicles and still just 24 players, and I think those maps will turn out to be incredibly dull.

But while I thoroughly agree with Proxi regarding EA and their treatment of their customers, it's a tough one because EA do buy up some of the best franchises. I'll still be buying Mass Effect 3 as it's one of my favourite series of games, but where I choose to 'protest' in a sense, is by buying EA games on the cheap and not giving in to their DLC.

But rather than making me want to rush out and buy the BF3 premium, offering better guns and server priority, it would only make me want to sell their game. Like I said before, I have no issue with regular DLC because I can choose to be an informed customer and weigh up if it's worth the money - the FIFA12 Euro 2012 DLC, for example, was £15 for just a bare bones game mode, unlicenced kits etc and massive bug issues, but at least you can weigh that up and decide to buy or not without it affecting what you've already bought.

By contrast, this new service on BF3 actively seeks to push people into buying it because it will give others an advantage both competitively and in terms of accessibly, and for me that's overstepping the line.

Last edited:
I think EA have strived to bring in as many new gamers to the series as possible, which is of course what every company wants to do, but the result is that the game has turned from a series where people want to buy the game to play proper Battlefield, with communication and tactics, into one where everyone who shows up just wants to play it like a team deathmatch, like every FPS they'd played before this game came out. So in that sense, the series has truly lost its identity, and EA seem happy for that to happen so long as sales are maximised. On BC2 I played Rush almost exclusively because of the epic 'seige' scenarios that played out, but in bf3 the mode all but useless because no-one bothers playing it properly.

In terms of the bigger maps coming out, yes in principle they look awesome but the type of people playing, and the lack of balancing in my opinion will ruin them. I mean Operation Firestorm is a perfect example. On console, you barely ever see anyone actually on foot. Everyone spends the entire match dicking around in vehicles, rendering the map severely boring if you're on foot. If you consider those problems with the potential size of the new maps, which must mean even more vehicles and still just 24 players, and I think those maps will turn out to be incredibly dull.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. It's not the size of the maps that is the problem, it's the people playing them. The sense of team work and being involved in 'epic' battles as you nicely put it, has been all but lost in BF3.

Yes, I'm being a snob, but BF3 has attracted many COD players and it really shows.

I think BFBC2 struck a nice balance in terms of map size and design on consoles. There wasn't so much of the aimless wandering I've experienced in BF3 on maps like Firestorm and Caspian Border. Everyone said it was a watered-down arcade experience but actually it was more tactical than BF3.

the result is that the game has turned from a series where people want to buy the game to play proper Battlefield, with communication and tactics, into one where everyone who shows up just wants to play it like a team deathmatch,

Everyone? Come on. Are you on 360? Because on PS3 I'm very far from feeling the way you do.

Everyone? Come on. Are you on 360? Because on PS3 I'm very far from feeling the way you do.

Yeah, near on everyone. Unless you plan to go on the game with your friends, then random players never drop ammo when you specifically ask for it, they never spot other players, people frequently jump in vehicles and drive off leaving you behind, meaning you have to walk about half a freakin' mile, and they all seem to use the same small select number of weapons then run and gun. Then there's Rush. Matches last no time at all, and almost every time I play I see our MCOM charge set and absolutely no defending players anywhere near it. I also see defending players respawn five feet from their own MCOM station while it's bleeping away, and they just sprint straight past it and up the map towards the enemy.

Granted, you did get this on Bad Company 2, but nowhere near the levels you see it in this game. To be fair, that's not strictly the game's fault, it's just new players coming along and treating it like team-deathmatch, out to get high personal scores and unlocks rather than win the match.

I even heard it once. Two random dudes were playing in a squad and chatting together, and they were moaning about people going around in groups and communicating on their headsets etc. They claimed that was boring, and that it's much more fun to just run around like a maniac with a shotgun and rocket launcher.

I've played the 360 version, there won't be any difference in the way people play the two console versions.

Last edited:
You're on PS3 airjoca? Add me we can play and speak portuguese although portugal portuguese is though for me :LOL:

By the way I hated the new maps, they are smaller than I thought, they play like fy_pool_day.

Yet the routes are a bit open, which makes conquest some sort of capture circle. I find that really annoying in most maps, I prefer more straight routes like Metro and Bazaar where the battle for flags is more clear, you know.

Maybe I should play more to know the short routes better, but they felt 100% run and gun. Weapons with high fire rate will destroy everybody.

Not to mention people prone in the end of corridors, with bipods and light machine guns just waiting for a squad to be wiped.

Anyone else play on PC. I think all the major issues/complaints are from console players? Maybe due to small player size?

LTFC you must be really unlucky with the people that the game matches you with. I drop ammo for everyone around me and I revive everyone too, others usually repay the favour. I only hold grudges against those on my team/squad that camp in a spot and snipe away. I don't give those idiots ammo and I wish I could dispose of them myself.

I can't remember the last time I used a headset in an online game but I still see tactical play in most of my games (more so in Conquest). Not on the level of BC2 (that was awesome) but still at a good enough level where others around will react to what others on the team/squad are doing and do so accordingly.

I do agree about BF3 attracting COD players and I blame DICE for that. Operation Metro is a good map but its got COD written all over and using it as the beta level was a strategic move that clearly paid off them.

Like LTFC, I only get EA games on the cheap, I seriously don't remember the last time I paid more than £20 for one. Even BC2 with the add-ons came to less. Fuck them. Fuck them and their stupid haircuts.

Adding on to what Airjoca says about PS3 gameplay, I'm a PS player too and see on average 2-3 idiots constantly hanging around deployments waiting for vehicles to respawn, every match. Then there will be the folk in the vehicles already in use. Out of a team of 12, I usually see half of them depending on vehicles only, the other 6 on foot.

Yeah, near on everyone. Unless you plan to go on the game with your friends, then random players never drop ammo when you specifically ask for it, they never spot other players, people frequently jump in vehicles and drive off leaving you behind, meaning you have to walk about half a freakin' mile, and they all seem to use the same small select number of weapons then run and gun. Then there's Rush. Matches last no time at all, and almost every time I play I see our MCOM charge set and absolutely no defending players anywhere near it. I also see defending players respawn five feet from their own MCOM station while it's bleeping away, and they just sprint straight past it and up the map towards the enemy.

Granted, you did get this on Bad Company 2, but nowhere near the levels you see it in this game. To be fair, that's not strictly the game's fault, it's just new players coming along and treating it like team-deathmatch, out to get high personal scores and unlocks rather than win the match.

I even heard it once. Two random dudes were playing in a squad and chatting together, and they were moaning about people going around in groups and communicating on their headsets etc. They claimed that was boring, and that it's much more fun to just run around like a maniac with a shotgun and rocket launcher.

I've played the 360 version, there won't be any difference in the way people play the two console versions.

There ARE differences between 360 and PS3. I used to play online on the 360, and comparing it with the PS3 experience, I'd say that I find less immature people on PS3.

And I think I've said this before, but today for instance, playing in the Close Quarters maps, there were ammo and health packs EVERYWHERE. And I was only playing with one friend, the rest of the players were randoms.

You're on PS3 airjoca? Add me we can play and speak portuguese although portugal portuguese is though for me :LOL:

By the way I hated the new maps, they are smaller than I thought, they play like fy_pool_day.

Yet the routes are a bit open, which makes conquest some sort of capture circle. I find that really annoying in most maps, I prefer more straight routes like Metro and Bazaar where the battle for flags is more clear, you know.

Maybe I should play more to know the short routes better, but they felt 100% run and gun. Weapons with high fire rate will destroy everybody.

Not to mention people prone in the end of corridors, with bipods and light machine guns just waiting for a squad to be wiped.

Yeah, It sure is Run n' Gun, but since I've never played any CoD online, I welcome the variety.

I'll add you, If you can't understand my Portuguese we'll try English instead. :)

There ARE differences between 360 and PS3. I used to play online on the 360, and comparing it with the PS3 experience, I'd say that I find less immature people on PS3.

Yes, I think there is some truth to this. I own Bad Company 2 for both the PS3 and 360 and put many online hours in on both. Playing on the PS3 version was the more pleasant of the two. I think there were more Europeans playing on the PS3 whereas the 360 version was full of shouty Americans ordering everyone about and questioning other player's skills when they didn't get their own way.

That said, both versions were superior to BF3 online.

*sellout alert*

The wife has bought Premium, not sure why as she's played BF3 only a quarter of the time I have. You wouldn't catch me buying it! She likes (and is decent at) frantic gameplay on small maps. I personally think she's on meth. The maps are shit to me, I've watched her on them and don't need to play them to confirm it. She likes "Gun Master" which is a mode just like "Gun Game" on BLOPs.

Reasoning was she knows I like the sound of Armored Kill and Aftermath and the £36 price of these seperate 3 DLCs (alongside CQ) is more expensive than getting Premium for £32 (discount PSN credit). Together with the latest patch, we're both enjoying the game a lot, in different ways. I'm just glad "Premium Player" doesn't show on my account (Oh the shame!).

Last edited:
Ah well i guess I will do the proxy server trick and buy for cheap anyway.

INdia is cheapest or Braizl or some place else?

instructions are on the first post on that thread

basically, delete any origin cookies you have

use a proxy to make origin think you are in India

add to basket, take off proxy before putting card details in

then pay for it

instructions are on the first post on that thread

basically, delete any origin cookies you have

use a proxy to make origin think you are in India

add to basket, take off proxy before putting card details in

then pay for it

Are there cheaper countries. Surely some other dirt poor 3rd world country will be even cheaper? Though tbh I have no idea and cant complain at 17.99.

I guess I better do it tonight before they find out whats going on and make a fix?

I would purchase the premium but already have the limited edition.

I just really hate EA at the moment screwing over people who bought the game when it came out and giving new customers loads of extras with the Premium(reminds me of the Nationwide adverts from a few years ago).
+ The Euro DLC never felt so ripped off in all my life with the bugs in the game it is incredible.

Quote from someone on another forum which may explain some of the thoughts of some members in here

''I play BF3 on the PC, I went to my cousins house one day for a family birthday, we played his PS3. BF3 online was terrible boring. The graphics were probably akin to playing it on PC on low with some options at medium - but that wasn't the real main concern, it was how barren and empty the game was. 24 max players on console as oppossed to 64 on PC. The contrast is huge and definitely noticable when you compare the two.''

Back
Top Bottom