Battlefield : 1943 (PC, 360, PS3.)

it's more of a drop in and play fun online shooter, which i like the sound of! i really get sick of the major competitiveness of COD, cause i'm competitive myself and get pissed off if i do badly. i used to enjoy playing COD3 with friends on unranked team deathmatches, cause when you finished it didn't matter what happened. unlike COD4 and WAW when people are worried about kill - death ratios.

i think it's aimed mainly at the console gamers and to try the whole "downloadable game" thingy and is being made for the PC to keep PC gamers happy.

Dunno if I should get this, we'll see how bored I am in the summer! Probably wont be though, I still feel COD is the best FPS around these days.

Yeah it's completely different from my experience with BF: Bad Company ( I assume it'll be similar? ) But I meant I'm generally addicted to COD in general, I don't go on any other games other than COD.

Yeah me too. Looks thoroughly enjoyable. Also in IGN's most recent article on Battlefield 1943 they have confirmed that EA plan to release DLC for the title. I would expect it to be more classes and maps perhaps.

Electronic Arts unveiled today the Coral Sea map for Battlefield 1943 that will be unlocked when the kill count in the game reaches 43 million!

Bloody hell! 43 million community kills! Thats going to take quite a while!

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7901_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
In a recent Gamespot interview from E3, the producer confirmed that the game has now finished final testing at EA/DICE and has been sent to MS & Sony for certification. So expect it out in the next 2-3 weeks.

EA DICE have confirmed that Battlefield 1943 will be released this June on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE for £10/1200 MS Points. A PC version will follow in September 2009.

Sounds to me like its made for consoles then and the PC will be a port of a 360 version.

This means that compared to BF2, it is going to be utter dumbed down n00b piss.

Well if "utter dumbed down n00b piss" combined with "a 24 player count, regen health and unlimited ammo" means it will be as fun as it looks then I'm all for it.

There was one of those live Q&A things pisted on eurogamer the other day and the way they were talking about it makes it sound like it;s not out until 'sometime in the summer'.

I could have sworn reading that it was finished and they had sent copies to sony/M$ for their final approval but maybe they both found something and it's gone back to EA/Dice.

Apparently the PS3 certification process is holding it up, DICE want it released on both at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom