Battlefield : 1943 (PC, 360, PS3.)

From the BF1943 twitter.

I love this game to bits when it works, which is quite often for me. However, my biggest gripe is how ineffective the bombs dropped by planes are (not the air raid ones).

Theres a big thread about it on the EA forums. Basically, the splash damage from the bombs is terrible. From my own personal point of view, I've been bombed by a plane and had it landed near enough a few feet away from me, and it hasn't even hurt me.

At the minute its just way to hard to get kills via bombing unless your target is already damaged, or if you hit it dead on.

I find this ridiculous as we are talking about BOMBS FROM A PLANE. When I drop them, I expect people around the area where the bombs land to be killed. Is that too much to ask?

As such, its really putting me off flying the planes but I guess that leaves it available for someone else.

Hopefully EA / Dice will sort this out in a future patch.

Rant over!

Yeah I've found the splash damage from rockets piss poor as well.

-

I've just found the Battlefield 1943 site is doing the online stats like Bad company. Just log in using your usual EA sports world details.

http://www.battlefield1943.com/soldier

My Profile
http://www.battlefield1943.com/soldier/profile/169615108/ps3

Last edited:
Finally managed to get in at lunch - no lag.

Was good fun - but like Rad says, splash damage is awful. I stood about 10ft away from someone who was hiding under a canopy. Fired a rocket which exploded all around them and destroyed the canopy - job done I thought...

He then walked out the flames (like the frigging Terminator) and shot me once to kill me. Tad annoying...

I believe Bad Company had as bad a splash damage system and it was never tweaked with despite complaints over and over so I can't see them doing it here. The main annoyance in that was hitting a wall or floor with a rocket and the guy stood right by the wall/floor takes no damage.

Quick tip: Invert your flight controls for the vertical axis. It makes flying much easier. I still can't drop bombs on target but i can at least shoot things out of the sky now

WHAT A GAME!

I was on such a run earlier tonight gradually moving up the score boards bit by bit finally finished as the top player in the last 2 games. The teamwork on our side was perfect. People stopping to allow people to get lifts around, everyone piling into the boats at the start and then setting off in different directions in groups to storm the flags. Dogfighting in the sky is awesome fun and so is sitting in the AA guns swatting the enemy planes down like flies.

I just wish the maps were a tiny bit more varied as they all feel vcery similar.

When you drop from a plane press the jump button. I don't know if you have to hold it down or just tap it but you get an icon at the bottom when it's happening.

Played a bit of the trial today - to me it's exactly the same game as Bad Company but slightly tweaked, I'm not that impressed. I'll end up getting it I'm sure but I'd like to see a few extra maps first.

I managed to run up the back of a hill and get around the back of the enemy. Then instead of capturing the flag and alerting them to me I ran into the bunker the snipers were sat in keeping my team back and racked up a couple of melee kills (and a trophy). I killed 2 and then a 3rd man spawned in front of me with his back to me, I quickly ran at him and another guy spawned next to him with his back to me so I got 2 more melee kills right away.

I bet they were furious.

Haha yeah I bet, I've had a few incidents like that. Bloody sneaking gits with the knives. I love charging someone with a bayonet, especially as part of the Japanese army with their blood curdling AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

Is anyone else having problems with the audio?

My sound keeps cutting out for a few minutes in game.

Very rarely once or twice. I've been nearly hit with a rocket or grenade or bomb from a plane and it does the shell shock noise. Then it's failed to return to normal again. But then when I've died or had an explosion noise kick in again it's returned to normal.

I'm in a game right now and I've had no audio for nearly ten minutes.

The Dolby Digital light on my receiver is flashing non stop.

Squad commands
Next, we have improved squad communication and command through a simple graphical interface system. As Battlefield 2142 fans will recognize, squad commands are very easy to use. When leading a squad, simply point your cross-hairs on a flag and press "Back" on Xbox 360 or "Select" on PS3 and the game will automatically mark that flag as “Attack” (red circle) or “Defend” (blue circle) depending on which team currently owns the flag. This informs your squad of the desired focal point and action (attack or defend).

This is a useful compliment to voice messaging when confirming your strategies with squad mates. After all, the team that communicates the best, kills the best.

Attack marker (Squad Only)
1.jpg

Hotzone marker (Team)
4.jpg

Hotzones
To help you select your targets we have also added the “Hotzone” system that looks at the whole map and finds the area with the most enemies and friends and marks it as a “Hotzone” like in the image above. These areas are where the action is currently taking place and can influence your suqad command decisions. This can also help Lone Wolf players and indirectly encourage them to help the team, but don’t tell them that. It’s our secret. :-D

So now, in Battlefield 1943, it’s up to you if you want to formulate tactics as a squad or go Lone Wolf and be the one who makes the difference.

-------------

I wondered why some times the flags had circles around them!

I haven't seen that much knifing really. Had the odd one yeah, but more a matter of people using rocket launchers and sniper rifles.

It still amazes me how people run straight up paths when they in a wide open field. I'm not complaining as this is mainly where I get my points from, but you would think people would learn, especially with all the snipers hanging round.

I've hardly seen anyone use knives. The only thing I've noticed is too many people are using the sniper class more than anything else and just sitting on hills taking shots.

The jokes on them though as you can jump in a tank and just capture all the flags and they can't do a damn thing to you unless you get too close to them and they can use the dynamite.

They're working on a PC version for release in September. It's not going to be a quick port of this though, it's going to be a separate PC only version.

The PC or console version?

I've never played 1942 but a friend of mine who played it tons has bought this and loves it.

I don't think there was a console version.

When you said "is it (Battlefield : 1943 (PC, 360, PS3.)) any good? better then 1942?

I was asking if you wanted to know if the console version was any good or if we knew if the pc version was going to be any good.

Back
Top Bottom