Battlefield : 1943 (PC, 360, PS3.)

Do they handle like shit? I never understood why they made the choppers in Bad company handle like shit, I never actually got in one took off and managed to fly where I wanted.

In cock pit mode I can just about fly em but the other view is horrid to fly. And i still can't get a game.

£10 for a tutorial level... good going EA :(

Shows promise if they can get the thing working - feel a bit duped at the moment.

Ruddy hell finally got in a game and was enjoying it for ten minutes until my nephew sent me an invite to play it, so i joined him and he was trying to connect so i couldn't get back on again. Was good while it lasted though.

Just read on the EU PS3 forums that the PS3 version is running lag free with no connections troubles so far. To be fair though at the moment there are only players from JPN, people who have JPN accounts and have bought it early and the people who won E3 codes.

Stat padders are back - typical EA allowing this to happen again. Apparently some guys on the xbox with 300000+ points in one day

Luckily I'm not bothered about stats except for my own! I had a lot of fun this morning on all three of the maps until this afternoon where I couldn't get in games anymore!

It's not the issue of them padding and being ranked highly. It's when you find groups of them are on your team and aren't helping the battle so you're outnumbered.

So, who's going to be online on the PS3 tonight? Fancy teaming up for a few games?

I'll be on till 9 and after 11.

Its up on the EU store. If you don't see it on the homepage run a search for battlefield and find it that way. You have to download the free trial 595mb and then pay for the unlock code (6kb) to unlock everything on it.

Seems AOL customers are unable to connect to the servers at the moment. My brother was unable to get past the main menu when connecting to the EA servers and after a search around it seems he's not alone and 90% of the complaints about failure to connect are from AOL customers.

I've not had any lag so far.

I can't connect to a game been trying for the past 15 minutes. So have only managed to play the tutorial.

Had a quick game before. No trouble connecting at all and not a hint of lag once I was in. The game was already in process when I joined and my side had 4 of the 5 flags captured already so it was just a case of sitting back and getting an easy win. I managed to blow up a tank get some kills then died and started on the ship. I jumped in a plance, started to fly and it ended.

Flying is tough... not impossible, but tough. I guess on the good side if you're good at flying then you'll own the skies just as it should be.

Another good thing is there aren't 20 tanks per side and 20 planes. So the maps aren't filled with them.

Good stuff so far. Hopefully they'll sort the servers as they did with Bad Company. I think it took a while for them to fix it when the MP demo of BC was out. Then we can start some squad games off.

Yeah I connected the next time I booted up no problems. Had about 10 rounds in a row without any lag. Even managed to invite tobi in and it was fine for the few games we played. Loads of fun, can't fault it for the price. Would love a few more maps though, hope we reach that total.

I am getting the hang of the planes, but had a funny moment where I took out about 6 people in a row then plowed straight into a wall as I lost control. I even had one of the opposition PM me with a 'lol'. :LOL:

When I'm in the plane "IT GOWNE RAIINN!!!!" bombs (Oli Williams)

Last edited:
I also love the air raids feature which I think is very nice. What I really love about the game is when your in combat some random planes just start flying past you following a enemy plane / or when a plane goes crashing down infront of you! I've now fully played all the maps, which honestly I think they do get a bit boring but hopefully that new map will release soon.

Pathetic - still cannot get in... tried around 6pm last night, then past midnight and finally around 7:30am today.

Nothing, just hangs. Really pissed off at spending £10 on this so far :(

I also love the air raids feature which I think is very nice. What I really love about the game is when your in combat some random planes just start flying past you following a enemy plane / or when a plane goes crashing down infront of you! I've now fully played all the maps, which honestly I think they do get a bit boring but hopefully that new map will release soon.

Yeah the bombers are great. It really makes the central flag the key to winning. Oh another thing I adore is the way rockets don't fly straight off into the distances. You have to aim up above your target and allow for gravity. I've scored some amazing shots in the training firing at targets with the rocket launcher.

At the price they released it at I can see them flogging us maps after maps for a few quid a go without offending anyone.

I'm really enjoying the game but my only complaint is the plane controls.

I had my first disconnect this morning, other than that everything has been smooth.

We are running maintenance to help improve matchmaking, joining friends, & other technical issues. Servers will be back soon.

From the BF1943 twitter.

I love this game to bits when it works, which is quite often for me. However, my biggest gripe is how ineffective the bombs dropped by planes are (not the air raid ones).

Theres a big thread about it on the EA forums. Basically, the splash damage from the bombs is terrible. From my own personal point of view, I've been bombed by a plane and had it landed near enough a few feet away from me, and it hasn't even hurt me.

At the minute its just way to hard to get kills via bombing unless your target is already damaged, or if you hit it dead on.

I find this ridiculous as we are talking about BOMBS FROM A PLANE. When I drop them, I expect people around the area where the bombs land to be killed. Is that too much to ask?

As such, its really putting me off flying the planes but I guess that leaves it available for someone else.

Hopefully EA / Dice will sort this out in a future patch.

Rant over!

Really fun game! One of the best downloadable titles I have ever bought and for £9.99 you really cant go wrong. Plane controls are hard but im getting used to them. Managed to gun down another fighter and bomb an enemy base as well. Tobi shot me though. :(

Back
Top Bottom