Battlefield : 1943 (PC, 360, PS3.)

EA DICE have confirmed in a recent newsletter that Battlefield 1943 will be released on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network on July 9th globally. Pricing for the Xbox 360 has been set at 1200 MS Points and at £9.99 for the PlayStation 3.

£9.99! Bargain for what it is. Cant wait for it now. :)

In the latest EDGE magazine Battlefield 1943 received a fantastic score of 9/10!

EA has announced that Battlefield 1943 will be released on Xbox Live Arcade next Wednesday and PlayStation Network next Thursday.

A PC release, remember, will appear sometime in September.

Battlefield 1943, which costs 1200 MSP (GBP 10.20 / EUR 13.96) on Live and GBP 10 on PSN, re-imagines Battlefield 1942 - the game the entire series was built upon.

BF 1943, however, has been designed to be more accessible, so classes have been trimmed to three and there's a gentler difficulty curve to ease you in. DICE promises plenty of depth too, and has used all the latest technology to make sure everything looks nice and plays well.

Thursday for me ... :(

I'm playing Bad company again to get in the mood and the controls feel really twitchy. I'm guessing this will control the same which is why I'm trying to get used to it all again.

This is going to be my game of the summer. Everyone I know is getting this. Roll on Thursday! :)

Dont look to bad this

how many multiplayer maps are there on it?

This might be a COD4 killer and filler till MW2 comes out

I wonder if they've blocked stat padding like they had in Bad company where people would flip tanks and jeeps over and sit there repairing over and over.

It used to piss me off being put on a team with idiots doing that so you end up outnumbered 10 to 3 while defending.
--------

Achievements/Trophies

Attacker
Capture five flags

Best Squad
Be in the best squad on all three maps

Tour of Duty II
Play one hundred matches

Defender
Defend five flags

Master of your domain
Get one kill playing as each class

Milkrun
Fly a plane for 10 minutes

Motorman
Get one kill with car, tank and plane

Parachutist
Use the parachute once (2 seconds)

The Pacific Campaign
Win once on every map as any team

Tour of Duty I
Play 30 matches

Veteran
Cap 25 enemy flags

Melee Man
Melee kill one enemy player

Last edited:
Did they not patch that? I vaguely remember them patching it to get rid of that somehow but perhaps I'm going mad.

Oh they did patch it on Bad Company eventually but I'm just wondering if they'll allow stat padding on launch to entice the dick heads into buying the game and then patch it a few weeks later.

At least you cant team kill on this version.

Nooo! How will I annoy the American teen populous now?! I used to place charges on planes and watch them blow up, and I also used to bail out of vehicles such as the helicopter when I had passengers in them. The abuse I used to get!

Nooo! How will I annoy the American teen populous now?! I used to place charges on planes and watch them blow up, and I also used to bail out of vehicles such as the helicopter when I had passengers in them. The abuse I used to get!
:RANT: :CENSOR: :RANT: :CENSOR: :RANT:

*Adds to block list*

Out now apparently... will probably get this on 360.

360 getting more use than PS3 at the moment... bit worrying! :D

There is a rumour that they'll be a demo tomorrow, includes a thirty minute trial and tutorial.

Just finished Bad Company again which was perfect timing for tomorrow. I even finished it by taking out that chopper with the overhead missile strike thing gaining the 'one in a million' trophy which really did feel like 'one in a million' as I had ran out of rockets and only had that to fall back on and he was zooming around like a mad man.

Just looked on the EA UK forums for 1943 and there are already a number of people saying that there are some major lag issues while playing 1943 on the xbox360. Exactly like the launch of Bad Company on the 360. Weird that they've let the same problem come back again and doesn't fill me with hope that they will have blocked stat padding before the launch learning from BC's mistakes.

People on Eurogamer have said the same thing, lag issues at times and it's REALLY bad when it does get laggy.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out by the weekend. They fixed it on battlefield really quickly.

The problem is being resolved as we speak. According to the official Twitter its not a game issue, but its to do with the data centre network.

Good News, the game is incredibly successful beyond even my expectations. We have reached server capacity, but the bad news about this now some people can't join unless someone leaves. But don't worry, we are adding more servers ASAP to Xbox and in preparation for PS3 that should start going up ASAP with priority on Xbox 360.

We have also isolated the issue and improving until we have close to 0 packet loss.

Please keep an eye here for updates.

Update#1: We are adding new servers, this may cause some disconnection from now until 17:30.

Thats the word from the official forums currently.

Well fucking Done EA, you shitty server bastards.

Oh and what the hell did they do to the planes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom