Battlefield : 1943 (PC, 360, PS3.)

jaygrim

TheAllSeeingEye
26 July 2005
Everywhere.
Man Utd
I used to love 1942 on the PC so can't wait for this.

Trailer.

ss_preview_bf_1943_2.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_bf_1943_1.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Re: BATTLEFIELD 1943 PC, 360, PS3.

Yep, I've bought BF2 again for the PC and I was really tempted to buy 1942 back, I loved that game. Looking forward to this (although it looks exactly the same as 1942 from what I've seen)!

Yeah look pretty much the same but with better graphics? I still have BF2 somewhere.

I bought the BF2 compilation from someone on Play.com for a tenner, my name on it is MrJackBauer if anyone still plays it. :TU:

EA have said that this will cost in the region of $15-$20 when its released in summer 2009 on PSN/XBLA/PC. Its currently being shown off to the public at the New York Comic Con. There will only be 3 maps and 3 classes. No medic or heavy support. Also guns have infinite ammo and there is auto health. Sounds a bit dumbed down to me. I would have loved to have seen the whole BF 1942 repackaged with better graphics and destructible environments but I will still definetly buy this.

I had so much fun with BF1942 and BFVietnam, but this sounds like a dumbed down version like BillyBoy said. Plus,I don't know how it would work on a PS3, since I played fps's on Pc's always.

Looks very good

Good graphics as well and its nice and bright for a change

It looks like a choice between this and Arma 2 for the shooter stakes

Looks great. Wish there were some more maps and classes but knowing EA it will probably come as paid DLC. Anyway this looks like a definite purchase on the PS3.

Never tried them because I want to be able to play the normal maps (obviously because there's so many more servers playing the original maps than modded ones). Is it possible to install them and switch versions (i.e. original BF2, Mod #1, Mod #2) at the start?

yea thats possible as each mod has its seperate .exe shortcut to launch it plus i think that in bf2 there is a menu called mods where you can easily switch between mods. :)

I didn't know that! I'll download them now.

How does ranking up etc. work, if they're unofficial mods do you still get points for killing people?

I didn't know that! I'll download them now.

How does ranking up etc. work, if they're unofficial mods do you still get points for killing people?

Yea i think you do. i have not tried either mods yet but i have heard they are the best ones.

i have been reading about this mod [url]http://aixtended.com/[/URL] and it seems as if it has its own built in rank system offline and online! http://aixtended.com/stats.html more info on that link about it.

im going to try this out sometime during the week.

edit: some bf3 Hints:

some interesting news. bf3 may well still be on the cards for us:

A mystery still remains for the fifth Battlefield title that was teased last year, but Liu may have dropped a small teaser of what to expect. "Of course we keep track of what the forums are saying. I can't say anything really, but we have plans. Definitely big plans. The fans don't need to worry." Those of you keeping a close eye on the Battlefield community might have a good idea of what to expect from the next game.

http://gametab.com/news/2883948/

Another one

A mystery still remains for the fifth Battlefield title that was teased last year, but Liu may have dropped a small teaser of what to expect. "Of course we keep track of what the forums are saying. I can't say anything really, but we have plans. Definitely big plans. The fans don't need to worry." Those of you keeping a close eye on the Battlefield community might have a good idea of what to expect from the next game.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/10-02-2009-10605.html

Last edited:
Forget it runs like shit on my pc.
wow your pc must be really really old!!! i know i have an up to date pc now but my other one which i bought a year before bf2 came out can run bf2 fine :))

whats your spec? maybe all you need is a new £30 graphics card. that should do :BOP:

EA DICE have confirmed that Battlefield 1943 will be released this June on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE for £10/1200 MS Points. A PC version will follow in September 2009.

Back
Top Bottom