Heitinga
Emanuelson

Maduro
Perez
Sneijder

Rosales
Huntelaar
Rosenberg

I think your team isn't good Joostebrood. First of all it's Timisela and not Tinisela. Actually I think he is still too young to be in the line-up.
I rather see Vermaelen and not Heitinga cause Vermaelen is playing awesome now and is left-footed.
Your midfield is very very very weak in ball-loss situation. Only Maduro is a controling player. Sneijder and Perez can't help. Sneijder and Perez are great if you play with a 10 (offensive midfielder role) but you ain't playing with a 10 so one of the two has to be changed with a more control player like for example Landzaat.
Rosales doesn't fits as a good right winger. You know why? I always see the Ajax games in the stadium. The thing with Rosales is that he 60% moves to the centre, 25% he crosses the ball like 20 metres before the backline and 15% he tries to eliminate the fullback but that never works with him. The same thing for Rosenberg at the left. He is a striker and not a winger! You ever see Rosenberg play there? Do you ever see Ajax live? I doubt cause I think you only watch the summary. Then you'lle think "yeah he's good he scores much". But if you are in the stadium and you see him play then you'lle have another opinion believe me. He never passes his man! Terrible. Sometimes he scores he is at the good spot at the right time but that will not always continue. We need wingers who give many many many many assist to the striker (Huntelaar). The problem now is that Rosales, Rosenberg and Babel don't fit in this role.

---------------------------Gentenaar---------------------------
--------------------Stam----------------Vermaelen--------------
--Melchiot-----------------------------------------Emanuelson--
----------------------------Maduro-----------------------------
-----------------Landzaat------------Janssen-------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
--Zairi--------------------Huntelaar-----------------Perez-----

I think this will be a good team. Now all what Ajax have to do is listen to me and get those few players. ;)

Do you think Sneijder is a good player? Ive heard mixed things - some say hes very talented and very creative, but I've also heard that his selfish and lazy.

He is talented and he is creative but his physics is a negative point. No Sneijder WAS selfish but not annymore. He has become to be more an adult. He could be a potential good replacement for Seedorf ;).

Sneijder has a great kick and can break up the game with a single shot from 20m! I hope he's staying for a while at Ajax cause he is very important for Ajax I believe, but we can't keep those guys if a big club like AC Milan will come for him.. :(

Amsterdammer said:
I think your team isn't good Joostebrood. First of all it's Timisela and not Tinisela. Actually I think he is still too young to be in the line-up.
I rather see Vermaelen and not Heitinga cause Vermaelen is playing awesome now and is left-footed.
Your midfield is very very very weak in ball-loss situation. Only Maduro is a controling player. Sneijder and Perez can't help. Sneijder and Perez are great if you play with a 10 (offensive midfielder role) but you ain't playing with a 10 so one of the two has to be changed with a more control player like for example Landzaat.
Rosales doesn't fits as a good right winger. You know why? I always see the Ajax games in the stadium. The thing with Rosales is that he 60% moves to the centre, 25% he crosses the ball like 20 metres before the backline and 15% he tries to eliminate the fullback but that never works with him. The same thing for Rosenberg at the left. He is a striker and not a winger! You ever see Rosenberg play there? Do you ever see Ajax live? I doubt cause I think you only watch the summary. Then you'lle think "yeah he's good he scores much". But if you are in the stadium and you see him play then you'lle have another opinion believe me. He never passes his man! Terrible. Sometimes he scores he is at the good spot at the right time but that will not always continue. We need wingers who give many many many many assist to the striker (Huntelaar). The problem now is that Rosales, Rosenberg and Babel don't fit in this role.

This is terirble, I thought we were discussing football, you're insulting me here. I don't like your tone at all and I actually had to cry halfway through your post. I agree with you about Vermaelen though, forgot about him. Then Heitinga can play RB. And saying a player is too young while being an Ajax fan is strange to me considering their history. But alright, I'll let that pass this time.

joostebrood said:
This is terirble, I thought we were discussing football, you're insulting me here. I don't like your tone at all and I actually had to cry halfway through your post. I agree with you about Vermaelen though, forgot about him. Then Heitinga can play RB. And saying a player is too young while being an Ajax fan is strange to me considering their history. But alright, I'll let that pass this time.

Where the hell am I insulting you? You show me. I mean Timisela is too young he isn't good enough. If a player is young but good no problem like in my opinion Emanuelson. He is even younger then Timisela but I saw the potential too he is ready for this. Now Emanuelson has become one of the best at the moment. But Timisela is a bit too early. Thank god Ajax see's this problem too and they are looking for a better RB.

How good is Ryan Babel? I bought him in my Master League and after a slow start he is developing into a monster striker. Worthy of such a high development graph?

Actually I'm a big fan of Babel. He's fast, has a destroying hard shot and has very much control on the ball. When he's in the squad he always makes a lot of danger to the enemy..he's just dangerous and can make the difference..

Well actually that isn't true 100%. He does not have very much control of the ball. You ever see Babel receive a ball? The ball always jumps from his foot.

Henrik said:
has very much control on the ball.

uhmm his control sucks dick. as soon as he receives the ball he's not calm thats his problem.
Still, if he develops the right way, he could become something like Henry.

Last week there was a tournament in Japan where the Youth squads played against each other. Ajax knocked AC Milan down 2-0 thanks to Goossens(yes, Chelsea wanted this 17 year old dude) and Brouwer. WOOT :D we have a very good Youth Academy.

Since De Mul is coming back to Ajax next year, Rosales have competition. Too bad they sold de Ridder, anyway.

Now Amsterdammer, since you seem to know a lot about Ajax (more than me anyway at least:P) do you know anything about Aborah, I thought Aborah was better than Sarpong?
edit: Aborah is on loan to Den Bosch

Anyways it's very nice to see about our talents like Anita 16 year and Schilder, Timisela etc making their debut. I mean look at Milan there the avg. age is like 30 :D thats why they maybe get Trabelsi and Sneijder

Last edited:
The new talents of Ajax aren't such great talents. The way they are being pushed forward to play the in the first team has nothing to do with policy. It's because tehre aren't alternatives. Young players can't deal with the responsibilty and instead of playing a good few years for Ajax and leave happy, they leave through the backdoor and go to clubs like Hamburg. There's something terribly wrong with Ajax. Things won't get better in the long run if they don't change things. Van Geel is an important factor here, but he never really proved anything without Adriaanse yet.

joostebrood said:
The new talents of Ajax aren't such great talents. The way they are being pushed forward to play the in the first team has nothing to do with policy. It's because tehre aren't alternatives. Young players can't deal with the responsibilty and instead of playing a good few years for Ajax and leave happy, they leave through the backdoor and go to clubs like Hamburg. There's something terribly wrong with Ajax. Things won't get better in the long run if they don't change things. Van Geel is an important factor here, but he never really proved anything without Adriaanse yet.

Hi jooste,

have you read this mate ?...

Ernst Bouwes reads up to pinpoint just when the fall of the Ajax empire of the 70s began.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=363201&root=europe&cc=5739

It's a good story and also true. I've read a lot about Cruyff, it's strange the guy only played 1 WC.

@DB, I'll check that link out later, thanks.

My thoughts:
joostebrood said:
Completely agree.

Having a great youth academy is great, having the best in the world arguably is awesome and no doubt one reason why we all love Ajax.

BUT if it's not used in right way, it can be a bad thing I guess because if used in right way it's awesome in sense that you build a good team that can do well in CL, be ambitious with some youngsters who are READY for step-up and some senior estabalished players in their peaks at 27's or so plus a few old-heads to keep experiences.

Of course sell best players every couple years because that's way it's always been but keep them for few years at least to make some sorta challenge at CL and allow your next batch of youngsters to get mature/ready enough!!!

As of last few years though, Ajax has had many players who weren't naturally ready to step up and play in first team from youth team yet they did because they kept selling players without buying proper backup/depth so they were basically rushed to play in first team and not at right time. So in a word like Jooste said cuz there was no "Alternatives".

Good example is Stanley Aborrah who already made his debut quite a while ago when he was very young but he wasn't ready, he looked talented and could be good in future but he wasn't ready THEN. Yet he was rushed/pushed to play in first team too soon like many others.

So if used in right way, the youth academy is awesome cuz without spending much money on direct replacements for those who leave, it can supply you with some very good players/talents as you keep selling them BUT if people also depend on it too much, sometimes it's as if club is selling so many just because they think Oh we have great youth academy.. so we'll just promote a few good players from Youth team whether ready or NOT! And if not then you can see the results with Ajax being mediocre, too young and inexperienced and other problems.

So I'm saying it's great when you have such amazing youth academy but only if you don't rely on it for EVERYTHING and keep selling selling always selling, some even at too young of an age now before keeping for few years and promoting kids from youth teams before they're ready. Or it will harm their potential and put too much pressure on them at a stage where they shouldn't be feeling that much pressure perhaps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About: Ryan Babel's control

p.s. I don't think Ryan Babel's control/technique is cRAP!! That's harsh. Problem with him is he's too "Inconsistent with it". In a match if he's not calm and confident, yes his touch can be as bad as Amsterdamer said and JUMP each time they pass to him. On other hand on another day he controls the ball with great technique and makes no mistakes. So it's the inconsistency of it that's the problem and not just PURE crap control! And another prob is as Redjuh said, he's not CALM with ball most of the time, just gets it and freaks out and that leads to bad touches/decisions in my opinion.

Did anyone of the Dutch guys watch Voetbal Insite? Van Basten seemed annoyed a few times for no reason.

I have nothing against Derksen at all, but van Basten was right about that interview. Derksen and Borst are the only good pundits in Holland though. They have humour and have a lot of inside information.

I barely watch Dutch television and hardly read Dutch print media, but my favourite pundit by far is Jan Mulder...he's a genius...although i often do not agree with what he says...but with him it's the way he tells things that is important...something i really like is when he gets lyrical about a certain kit of a certain team...and of course as a Belgian, if Mulder talks about the very mediocre Anderlecht it is just as if he's speaking about Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool or Ajax...i'm fond of Jan Mulder.

gerd said:
I barely watch Dutch television and hardly read Dutch print media, but my favourite pundit by far is Jan Mulder...he's a genius...although i often do not agree with what he says...but with him it's the way he tells things that is important...something i really like is when he gets lyrical about a certain kit of a certain team...and of course as a Belgian, if Mulder talks about the very mediocre Anderlecht it is just as if he's speaking about Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool or Ajax...i'm fond of Jan Mulder.

Mulder is alright, but seeing him at a talkshow called Barend & van Dorp annoys me. I only like him when he talks about football.

Gerd, you should really try to find on the net clips where Erik van Muiswinkel (Dutch comedian) impersonates Mulder. It's brilliant stuff.

Yes his immitations of Harry van Raay (former PSV chairman) and also Willem van Hanegem are by far the best!!

Amsterdammer said:
You don't know van Muiswinkel? Man where do you live? I love van Muiswinkel he's great! Espacially when he imitates Harry van Raaij.

I live in the Perwijsstrat 19 2570 Duffel and to be honest i don't need another arrogant 12 year old Amsterdammer to ask where i live...

I've heard it all with supposed witty young guys...seen it all, did it all 30 years ago...lets talk about football in this thread....

Back
Top Bottom