Ask the Dutch about the Dutch

Huntelaar scored his 4th hattrick this season last night. Another 3 goals added to his total and now he's is @ 27 goals after 27 matches. Nice work and he is growing every week!

I'm really really impressed with this guy. He's such a great finisher. He's also smart. He also created the space for the first goal by Boukhari. And because of his positioning Rosenberg can come in front of the goal a lot. The freekick was also very good and it's clear who's in charge now. Rosales was just send away. All and all a great player. I want him in the Dutch team for the WC.

seek said:
can i get the formation and usual line up for ajax? want to start a season in we9 with them (seems like they're not an overpowered team, but also not weak). huntelaar caught my attention

Sure mate, when everyone is fit its probably:

------------------------Stekelenburg----------------------
--Trabelsi-------Grygera-------Vermaelen-----Emanuelson---
----------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Maduro--------------------------
-------------Pienaar--------------------------------------
----------------------------Sneijder----------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
------Rosales----------Huntelaar---------Rosenberg----------

Or when playing a strong opponent, Galasek or Lindenbergh would play instead of Pienaar, for a stronger defense.

Henrik said:
Huntelaar scored his 4th hattrick this season last night. Another 3 goals added to his total and now he's is @ 27 goals after 27 matches. Nice work and he is growing every week!

Don't forget he missed three matches at Heerenveen, which makes it 27 goals out 24 games.

Joost, tell me something about Medunjanin from AZ67, is he any good????

Gerd, I personally like him a lot. He's a very technical player with an amazing through ball. He's really your old-fashioned playmaker. His defence is far from good, but once he has the ball he can be very dangerous. Sometimes he's a little too (sorry guys) flegmatiek (that was Dutch).

Huntelaar what a striker man. Actually I think he is the most proper player for the NT with a 4-3-3 formation. What options do we have..........Kuyt, Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, Kluivert, Makaay, uuhhmmm I probably forgot some. Makaay doesn't fits in the NT because he is more a counterstriker. Kuyt is more a 4-4-2 striker. A 4-3-3 striker has to hold the ball, give a good header, has overview with a pass. Kuyt can't hold no ball and when the ball comes it somehow doesn't seem to stick to his feet. Kuyt big thing is the mentality part. Van Nistelrooy is somehow also not the perfect 4-3-3 striker cause at Man U all his goals are very easy. His team does all the work and when the ball almost rolls over the goalline he pushes it a little with his feet and GOAL is on his name. That's a real Van The Man goal. I aint saying he can't do annything but in a 4-3-3 you have to do quit more. He's a stand in for Huntelaar. He's has it all man. Very complete striker. The only striker who I think is better than The Hunter is Patrick Kluivert ladies and gentlemen. Kluivert is born for the Ajax play style 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. It's only too bad the guy is injured all the time and doesn't play alot so he better don't come with us to the WC. The best formation in my eyes:

-------------------------Vd Sar-------------------------
-----------------Ooijer----------Mathijsen--------------
--Kromkamp----------------------------------Emanuelson--
-------------------------Maduro-------------------------
---------------V Bommel----------Cocu-------------------
--V Persie--------------------------------------Robben--
------------------------Huntelaar-----------------------

Last edited:
A agree with some things you say Amsterdammer, I disagree about Kuyt not being able to hold a ball, it's one of his strong points. This is my Dutch team:

gk: van der Sar

rb: Boulahrouz
cb: Ooijer
cb: Mathijsen
lb: Emanuelson

rm: van Bommel
cm: Cocu
lm: van der Vaart

lw: Robben
cf: Huntelaar
rw: van Persie

I was at the game Holland-Equador. It was the most terrible game I saw in my entire live I think. Especially the first half I almost comited suicide ;). Maduro and Robben were good that day. Kuyt made a goal but missed also a couple of times. I see he can't really control the ball. More lack of technic. His mentality is awesome but if you aint got no ball control I think you will fail in a 4-3-3. I rather see Van Nistelrooy. And Joostebrood your formation I think is almost good. But there has to bee some changes. Boulahrouz aint no RB. RB has the ability with rushes to the front. Boulahrouz is a pure defender. I rather see Kromkamp or Jaliens. Your midfield with Bommel, Cocu and Vd Vaart is too easy to cross for the opponent. Only Cocu controls in a ball-loss situation. Vd Vaart and V Bommel aint people who go help in the back. So either Vd Vaart or V Bommel needs to be replaced with Maduro, Landzaat or Davids. At front it's a fantastic peace of attacking power I agree totally ;)

At Barca van Bommel plays with Ronaldinho, Messi and Eto'o in front of him. He knows how to play in a defensive roll I'm sure. Boulahrouz used to be a forward and actually played striker for RKC at one point. He's quick and technical as well. I think he can play the RB position very well. Better than Jaliens for sure. Kromkamp is a good prospect, but not now in my view.

Csaunders, Huntelaar is amazing at the moment and Kuyt is doing great as well. To be honest, I think they both deserve a chance. Kuyt has 17 assists and 19 goals this season. Huntelaar scored 27 goals. I know Ruud also scored a lot, but he's not great this season..

Last edited:
joostebrood said:
A agree with some things you say Amsterdammer, I disagree about Kuyt not being able to hold a ball, it's one of his strong points. This is my Dutch team:

gk: van der Sar

rb: Boulahrouz
cb: Ooijer
cb: Mathijsen
lb: Emanuelson

rm: van Bommel
cm: Cocu
lm: van der Vaart

lw: Robben
cf: Huntelaar
rw: van Persie

This is probably a good line-up, I always disliked van Bronckhorst.
I'm not very satisfied with van Bommel, he's a bad man marker which is why PSV lost the semi finals in last years Champions league. I'm not saying Landzaat or Sneijder should play there, we don't really have a good right midfielder. (lol Seedorf)

How comes Seedorf doesn't play for the national team any more? Does the manager dislike him?

Also do you Dutch guys think that Hasselbaink has a good chance of making it to the WC?

Last edited:
1. Because he does the team more harm than good, and hes also disliked in holland for his arrogant attitude.
2. None what-so-ever...Ruud-Kuijt-Huntelaar-Vennegoor-Makaay and 1 or 2 of those will be dropped.

joostebrood said:
Csaunders, Huntelaar is amazing at the moment and Kuyt is doing great as well. To be honest, I think they both deserve a chance. Kuyt has 17 assists and 19 goals this season. Huntelaar scored 27 goals. I know Ruud also scored a lot, but he's not great this season..
im sorry joost but there is a huge difference of scoring 19 goals in the prem vs 27 and 19 respectivley in holland... also didnt he lead you in scoring on euro 2004 and WC qualifying... how amazing would ruud be now at PSV?

27 goals are alot, even in the Eredivisie, and especially for his age.
He now scored 27 goals in 24 games.

csaunders said:
im sorry joost but there is a huge difference of scoring 19 goals in the prem vs 27 and 19 respectivley in holland... also didnt he lead you in scoring on euro 2004 and WC qualifying... how amazing would ruud be now at PSV?

There sure is a big difference in that, that's why I tend to look at other things as well. Ball control, passing etc. You can judge players by that even when they're playing on concrete in your hood, good skills always shine through. That's especially the thing with Huntelaar.

I support Ajax Stringer. I must admit I never visit games and I turn the tv off once they're 3-0 behind. I'm generally a fan of good football. Ajax have a very attacking philosophy, that's what I love about them. The last few years I can't really identify myself with the team though.

Big Boss said:
1. Because he does the team more harm than good, and hes also disliked in holland for his arrogant attitude.

I beleive Seedorf was/is being scapegoated and victimized for dissapointing results in the past. Considering his ability and hard work for he does for Milan, it's unfair not to give him a shot playing for the national team. With him in the side, i'd play something like the following(not sure about the defence):

Van der Sar
Lucius Ooijer Bouhlarouz Kromkamp
Van Bommel Cocu
Seedorf Van der Vaart Robben
Makaay

Makaay is a failure IMO, not consistent, and you shouldn't play with both van Bommel and Seedorf, hell if you'd ask me I wouldn't use them both.

joostebrood said:
I support Ajax Stringer. I must admit I never visit games and I turn the tv off once they're 3-0 behind. I'm generally a fan of good football. Ajax have a very attacking philosophy, that's what I love about them. The last few years I can't really identify myself with the team though.
I hear you.

The you like other teams in the Ditch league?

Not particularly, I like Heerenveen and AZ, that's it. I have to say I'm more a fan of our national team, that's the only team I support through the good and the bad.

Don Domenico said:
I beleive Seedorf was/is being scapegoated and victimized for dissapointing results in the past. Considering his ability and hard work for he does for Milan, it's unfair not to give him a shot playing for the national team. With him in the side, i'd play something like the following(not sure about the defence):

Van der Sar
Lucius Ooijer Bouhlarouz Kromkamp
Van Bommel Cocu
Seedorf Van der Vaart Robben
Makaay

What kind of a formation is that in gods name??? You really want us killed out there? Haha just joking but your formation is a joke as well. First of all Lucius ain't playin' at PSV. His always keeping the bench warm. 2nd Kromkamp should be on the reight side and not on the left side. I rather see Emanuelson or Van Bronckhorst. 3rd I'd also see a left foot defender instead of Boulahrouz there for instance Mathijsen. 4th what kind of a formation is this? 4-5-1? We are Holland man we don't play like Chelsea. You have to be proud that we are from Holland and you know why? Cause we are the creators of TOTAL FOOTBALL, we are ATTACK, we are STYLE, we are BEAUTY IN THE GAME. That's why we play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

Amsterdammer said:
You have to be proud that we are from Holland and you know why? Cause we are the creators of TOTAL FOOTBALL, we are ATTACK, we are STYLE, we are BEAUTY IN THE GAME. That's why we play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

That's what i like about Dutch football, but that's also what makes the Dutch national team underachievers...
Some mad professor should create a team full of Lowlands Football Frankensteins: the talent, creativity, attacking flair and guts of Dutch football and the tactical awareness, cynism and defensive skills of Belgium players...tht team would win World Cups

I know Belgian football is in a very bad period but the Belgian national team often wins against Holland (and the fantastic Holland team of 1974 normally never would have gone to that WC because the Belgians scored a goal in injury time in the last match against Holland which was disallowed but was perfectly valid...we still are frustrated by that...just like the Dutch are frustrated by the fact that they should have won that World Cup...which would have been deserved).

Back
Top Bottom