Ask the Dutch about the Dutch

It's important we know this Paradox, thanks. Your input is most welcome and it will only lead to more conversation, more depth and more love. Now get the fuck out of my thread cunt.

joostebrood said:
It's important we know this Paradox, thanks. Your input is most welcome and it will only lead to more conversation, more depth and more love. Now get the fuck out of my thread cunt.

Vintage Joost...oh ...and...i...agree...

crouch said:
Hello Joost, I've been a member here for quite awhile now and this is one my first posts. I've been planning a trip to Holland for sometime now and I was wondering if you could provide me with any information on scoring drugs and women etc. Also I'm a big fan of Martin Jol, I have a poster of him in my bedroom alongside my poster of the great Peter Crouch. Do you know if Dirk Kuyt is moving to Spurs.
This might probably be one of your friends joost. ^

joostebrood said:
:lol:

On a serious note, what do Germany and the Dutch have in common? Are they alike in some ways? This questions are in football terms.

A bit off-topic joost but is PES5 big in Holland since the Dutch teams are officaly lienced and everything (they even got the league logo on the kit)?

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
:lol:

On a serious note, what do Germany and the Dutch have in common? Are they alike in some ways? This questions are in football terms.

A bit off-topic joost but is PES5 big in Holland since the Dutch teams are officaly lienced and everything (they even got the league logo on the kit)?

Stringer, the Germans and Dutch probably have a lot in common, we're from the same area. What I don't understand is the hatred towards Germans in Holland. I know this is partly because of the war and for a big part because of the WC 1974, but I don't get it myself. In football ways we're totally different, I think most Germans agree. The German league is of a much higher standard, while most people think the Dutch have better individual players. Since van Basten is our national coach, the mentaity of our team has changed in a positive way. But the "Kampfgeist" (German word for fighting spirit, I think) in Germany is amazing. But we're considered to be attractive and creative playes, while the Germans are considered hard workers with a great mentality. I guess that won't ever change.

PES has always been big in Holland, but for exact numbers, don't ask me, I'm not into that shit.

joostebrood said:
You are taking the piss here, I'm not answering that question. For great women you should go to the isle of Goeree-Overflakkee in a region called Zeeland, it's in the south-west, which (considering the size of Holland) could also be the north-east or south-east.

I was veing serious, I will be in Holland in a fortnight.:)

Zygalski said:
Quick question about the Dutch league. Can someone explain how promotion into the top dutch league works? Much appreciated.

Number last from Eredivisie and number 1 from 1st divion swap places. And number 16&17 and 2-7 make 2 poules of 4, winners are in eredivisie.

hope i explained good enuff.

In the Dutch league there doing something where teams are gonna be in a play-of for a UEFA Cup spot...can anyone explain more about this?

Also who's the last non-top six Dutch team to win the league?

they don't.

Where is the red in Vitesse (sponsor colour doesn't count), NAC Breda, Roda JC, FC Groningen.. I could go on.. but the point's already made.. nearly every club isn't even nearly correct :p but yes quite a bit of teams do have the colour "Red" in their kit but so do quite a bit of other teams in other leagues sometimes, so it's nothing special.

@Marakomu, AZ actually won the league in 1981. I think Sparta Rotterdam was the only other team to win the league, but that was in 1957 or someting like that.

@SB, yes we have playoffs this season. At the end nr. 2-5 play for the CL qualifier spot. First its 2vs5 and 3vs4 and then the winners play eachother. For the UEFA cup places its not very easy to explain, so ill see if i can find a picture in wich the whole playoffs are described...

The numbers 6-9 play each other, and the winner of them plays against the loser from the places 2-5. The winner of that game plays UEFA Cup. The winner from the Gatorade cup also plays UEFA Cup.

Very good idea for the league.

Like watching the Dutch for the fact i want to see some of the smaller teams shit over PSV, Ajax and Feynoord!...and also for other football reasons of course.

I think the only non-top three team that can win it is probably AZ. But like to see Utrecht and Heerenveen get in there too.

Lol, otherwise they would have a new record, but now they share it with Dordrecht 90. No win in 25 games is pretty bad.:lol:

ah well well, i love eeredivise, even if those top 3-5 are really able to keep up in european competitions a whole lot of the other teamas just suck (no offense, i just mean compared to the other big baller leagues in europe)

but that makes the whole stuff itneresting to watch, especially if lets say feyenoord or AZ struggle with heracles or sparta rotterdam :lol:

2Fast_2Furious said:
nice thread joostebrood. erm my question is could you compare & contrast Rosenberg & Huntelaar as i dont no a lot about them but i seem to hear great things about these two.

Rosenberg is fast, needs space, good in positioning, scored the last 12 matches..

Huntelaar is more like Ibrahimovic, but he scores a lot more goals.
He is strong, strong while on the ball, very good header, very good shooter, very intelligent, not so fast though, good passer.
He really is a surplus for the Ajax squad, because we always play 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 and the squad cant function when we dont have a striker who can hold the ball and pass it along to the coming AM or wingers.

Huntelaar is a killer, top notch!
Rosenberg now plays on the left wings and scores every match too, you can compare rosenberg with Henry a little, he had some though first matches but now he is playing really really good.

btw, most dutch people say Huntelaar is the best dutch striker, better than van Nistelrooij, better than Makaay, etc etc...;)

joostebrood said:
Hi there, when a Dutch player plays an international, he receives a "Haasje", I don't know the English word for this now, it's too early to think. It's like a souvenir. Probably the same sort of symbolic stuff as in England.

I know vaguely of that writer, but never read his stuff, so can't give you an opinion on that.

Your third question, it affects every team. Somehoe Dutch players think they have the right to question the tactics of a coach. This has brought us good things (1974, Cruyff was the real coach, he changed tactics during games), but it has also brought us shit (1990, 1994, 1996). Players like Seedorf, RVN, but also younger players like van der Vaart and Sneijder don't have a problem with communicating their opinion through the media.
It happens everywhere, even in amateur football. I guess it has to do with the equal rights, liberal thinking we're known for. I'm not against it, sometimes the wrong players do it though.

They only get a "haasje" when they make a debut in the national team, its not like they get one every match.
Just symbolic stuff indeed.
Questioning the tactics isnt so bad, most managers even ask the opinion of the players about tactics.
Well, there is one man, who really thinks he is the manager, Seedorf... but he is the only one who uses his tactical intelligence in a bad way

cartman said:
Couple Of Questions for you

Ive always been a great Ajax Fan from the 70's

1st question, How come Van Der Vaart ended up at Hamburg ?

Is Wesley Sneider going to leave soon?

Who Is the next big Ajax Superstar?

van der Vaart had a lot of trouble with Koeman, but hey, everybody had trouble with him, the guy is a mean and sneaky bastard.
Thats why he needed to leave the club, a new challenge elsewhere etc etc.

Sneijder signed a new deal until 2009 or 2010, he may only leave when we get a big bag of money for him.

The next superstar could be more than one, there are some new big supertalents.
From our own youth we got Emanuelson and Maduro who both have the potential of being world-class players, and we now have Huntelaar, considered the best dutch striker since van basten...en Rosenberg, a swedish guy who can be compared with Henry, also has big potential.
Also we still have Babel, i think he can become top-notch but not at Amsterdam anymore.
he needs to move because he doesnt play full matches anymore, but he sure has a big potential...maybe he is going to move to fiorentina for 10 million euro's..

Dont know if its already posted, but im dutch too, and a huge huge Ajax-fan... i cant resist answering all those posts and especially questions about my Ajax :D

Revan said:
So far in tactical terms he isn't quite what porto fans are used too. He also has a player that he seems to love, Jorginho but has been playing shite this season but he insists on putting him on the team. It's like starting the game with 10 players.
On a very positive note, his work with Quaresma and Diego is remarkable, since is made them play for the team.
But our problem is the defense, and he seems he can't get that straighen out. :\
He has contract till 2008, and he will for sure stay at least till the end of the season and if we are champions at least till 2007. I have faith in him, but it's just that sometimes he makes choices that are not very tactically sound. Like when we played with 1 CB! :S

Give Adriaanse some time, and you guys will win the Champions League with very attacking and attractive football.

The guy is one of the best managers in the world... hope he once returns at Ajax, he was fired because he sayd van basten doesnt have to be a good manager just because he was a legend as a player...BAM, fired!!
We have Cruijff, van Basten and Litmanen that are total legends out here, one bad word about them can get you loose your job, just like what happend to Cootje

But like i said, give him some time, he will pay you guys back.
(unlike Koeman at Benfica, the PIG!!...he is going to screw that club up too, like he did at vitesse and ajax)

joostebrood said:
I don't know about the gay players, I don't care either. Overmars was always considered to be gay, but I've never heard proof of that.

That was just a joke started by Kluivert and Rijkaard in the mid-90's when we domintaed the planet, because Overmars liked to listen to Gordon (for the non-dutchies, Gordon is a gay singer/show host and likes to show he is gay)

Overmars is happily married to a good looking MILF :lmao:

Crouch, go to a place in Amsterdam called "De Wallen" (red light district)

And no, Kuyt is not going to move to tottenham, Kuyt is waiting for Milan or Barcelona, and if those clubs dont come for him, he can still go to every other topclub he wants, although he will never go to Chelsea too, but hey, Robben said that too and he does play at chelsea so you'll never know, but Kuyt is really a man of his word.

crouch said:
Another question lads, it is true that Dutch weed is stronger than other weed?

Hehehe, you are very, very right about that... and im glad it is legal here too, hehehe..
If you are coming too holland, go see Deuce Bigalow European Gigalow...;) ;)

Stringer Bell said:
In the Dutch league there doing something where teams are gonna be in a play-of for a UEFA Cup spot...can anyone explain more about this?

Also who's the last non-top six Dutch team to win the league?

Yes this is totally new.

the numbers 2, 3, 4 and 5 are playing in the play-offs for a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE spot.

So, Feyenoord or AZ is playing good and ends up second, we (Ajax) are having the worst season since the 1960's, but if we win in the play-offs we play CL and the team that ended second place has got nothing, maybe UEFA cup...really unfair, but this season it might save us (Ajax):lmao:

marukomu said:
i don't think anyone apart from PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord have won the league in the last 60 years

Did you know, in the last 30 years, Feyenoord won the league only 2(!) or 3(!) times?

And still dutch people talk about a top 3 while it should be a top 2 (Ajax, PSV)

Back
Top Bottom