Ask the Dutch about the Dutch

BOBcoureur said:
Nice idea for a thread Joost! I agree that Beasly misses the phisique to be called a top player, but he isnt that bad. Its just that Kone is way better! Also I wanted to give my favourite formation:

Van der Sar

Kromkamp - Boulahrouz - Mathijsen - van Bronckhorst

Landzaat - Cocu (or Davids, I cant decide) - Van der Vaart

van Persie - van Nistelrooy - Robben

Maybe if Huntelaar also becomes a sensation at Ajax, he will make the dutch squad; he already scored 2 bycycle kicks for Heerenveen the 1st half of the season! 17 in total thus far...

Bob, I agree with your line-up, but if it was upto me I'd be playing a 4-4-2. Also I'm still not sure about Landzaat once we get to play the top teams. I think I prefer van Bommel.

Milanista, it's Timmer, who's the keeper of AZ. Personally I agree with that, since Stekelenburg hasn't proved a thing to me so far.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but:

Why are the crowds in Dutch fixtures SO QUIET!? Is it because they smoke to much dope in Amsterdam before attending the match?

Revan said:
Joost! When Co Adriaanse was in AZ did he show suicidal tendencies? In football terms that is.

Revan, Adriaanse is a colourful man, a very good trainer. The Porto board and the fans should give him time. Every club he was a coach of needed time to adjust to his vision. I rate him a lot!

ninjabreakz said:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but:

Why are the crowds in Dutch fixtures SO QUIET!? Is it because they smoke to much dope in Amsterdam before attending the match?

I'm not sure ninja, it really depends on the team. Feijenoord, PSV, Groningen, NEC fans etc are pretty loud. Except for a few teams, Dutch fans do have a lot of negativity though once their team is behind. A bad characteristic in my view.

That Amsterdam joke really made my day, quite original, never heard it before. How do you come up with that shit man?

Hey joost Doherthy was playing for Den Haag this season, how well did he play before he moved from the club.

Also what do you think about David Jones (Man U) moving to NEC?

One more thing, who is the most successful British player to play in Holland?

Stringer Bell said:
Hey joost Doherthy was playing for Den Haag this season, how well did he play before he moved from the club.

Also what do you think about David Jones (Man U) moving to NEC?

One more thing, who is the most successful British player to play in Holland?

Doherty was a failure, just not good enough.

Jones seems like a good signing for NEC, they were really impressed with him so far.

That last question is a very good one. I can't recall we had any good British players over here the last 2 decades. Before that I don't know to be honest. Ajax had Frank Stapleton, but he wasn't good at all for Ajax.

Hey guys can i pick your brains on what type of player Georgios Samaras is from Heerenveen apparntly his move to Man City its a done deal!?

jamie_mack said:
Hey guys can i pick your brains on what type of player Georgios Samaras is from Heerenveen apparntly his move to Man City its a done deal!?

Jamie, he's a very good players, not too consistent though, needs a lot of chances before scoring a goal as well. But he's got a good physique, very good technique and a great dribble. It's all or nothing really, I think he's got enough class for the EPL. He's also a little selfish at times.

Hey Joostebrood, can you tell me how Eric van de Merwe is getting on at Dordrecht 90, I heard he was the next big thing in Dutch football. Also I have a friend that shouts Kankerlijer (a dutch swear word) at bus drivers he doesn't like the look of, can you explain what this means?

hahahahaha!!! That was so funny Dan! I have a question for you as well Dan:

What would you do if you saw somebody getting raped in an alley?

joostebrood said:
Revan, Adriaanse is a colourful man, a very good trainer. The Porto board and the fans should give him time. Every club he was a coach of needed time to adjust to his vision. I rate him a lot!
So far in tactical terms he isn't quite what porto fans are used too. He also has a player that he seems to love, Jorginho but has been playing shite this season but he insists on putting him on the team. It's like starting the game with 10 players.
On a very positive note, his work with Quaresma and Diego is remarkable, since is made them play for the team.
But our problem is the defense, and he seems he can't get that straighen out. :\
He has contract till 2008, and he will for sure stay at least till the end of the season and if we are champions at least till 2007. I have faith in him, but it's just that sometimes he makes choices that are not very tactically sound. Like when we played with 1 CB! :S

Playing with one CB is quite common with Adriaanse's style. He was coach of Willem II at the end of the 90's, they ended second in the league and played in the CL the following year, which is hard to imagine for a team like Willem II. They often played 3-3-4 and that isn't a typo.

The Netherlands have a reputation of being quite open about certain issues..since two high profile "political" murders (on Pim Fortuyn and Theo Van Gogh) this not the case anymore...i could be wrong but the Netherlands are becoming a very conservative and sometimes even narrow minded country...Joost could prove me wrong but that's the distinctive impression i have

Gerd is right. I think we have a few very liberal rules, which makes a lot of people think we're very open-minded. Amsterdam is open-minded, besides that it's all pretty conservative. Looking at our ways of treating immigrants etc. we're just as terrible as most countries are. I'm quite a negative guy to be honest though.

Concerning your questions Rocky. I don't know the official rules, but cannabis in your blood will cost you at least a year. I don't know about the gay players, I don't care either. Overmars was always considered to be gay, but I've never heard proof of that.

Hello Joost, I've been a member here for quite awhile now and this is one my first posts. I've been planning a trip to Holland for sometime now and I was wondering if you could provide me with any information on scoring drugs and women etc. Also I'm a big fan of Martin Jol, I have a poster of him in my bedroom alongside my poster of the great Peter Crouch. Do you know if Dirk Kuyt is moving to Spurs.

You are taking the piss here, I'm not answering that question. For great women you should go to the isle of Goeree-Overflakkee in a region called Zeeland, it's in the south-west, which (considering the size of Holland) could also be the north-east or south-east.

Back
Top Bottom