Ask the Dutch about the Dutch

Stan said:
I live in the Perwijsstrat 19 2570 Duffel and to be honest i don't need another arrogant 12 year old Amsterdammer to ask where i live...

I've heard it all with supposed witty young guys...seen it all, did it all 30 years ago...lets talk about football in this thread....

If you want to talk about football talk about football instead of calling me arrogant (jalouse probably) and calling me 12. We are talking the whole time about football here so what the hell are you talking about!!!???? I only answered somebodies post.

It's "jealous", not "jalouse" and yes your spot on, i'm jealous of you...terribly jealous (by the way why should i).
I did not like your rather arrogannt reaction "where do you live???", i know young big city people tend to think that their city is the centre of the world...but come on Amsterdam????
Fun city (rather more a town) but it isn't exactly New York, Tokyo (lived there for a couple of months)Bejing (lived there for a couple of months), Paris, London or New York...
Lets finish this stupid discussion, i'll gladly apologize for my irritated reaction...

Stan said:
It's "jealous", not "jalouse" and yes your spot on, i'm jealous of you...terribly jealous (by the way why should i).
I did not like your rather arrogannt reaction "where do you live???", i know young big city people tend to think that their city is the centre of the world...but come on Amsterdam????
Fun city (rather more a town) but it isn't exactly New York, Tokyo (lived there for a couple of months)Bejing (lived there for a couple of months), Paris, London or New York...
Lets finish this stupid discussion, i'll gladly apologize for my irritated reaction...

Who the hell is talking to you? I was talking to GERD! I think you want some attention. You really need some help cause you got something bothering you.......like you hate people of Amsterdam you call them arrogant........you don't even know me! Ofcourse you are jealouse now I know because you give so much attention on "where do you live" , what the hell is wrong with that? I only want to explane that Eric van Muiswinkel is very famous here............:roll:

yes, numbers 2 till 5 play for 1 CL spot. It will be 2 vs 5 and 3 vs 4, then winners against each other and losers. The losers will play each other and the team that will lose that match will play the winner of the numbers 6 till 9, they'll play for the final UEFA spot. Numbers 10 till 14play for 1 Intertoto spot. Numbers 16+17 play for promotion/relegation.

It's something like this, it's too difficult to think it's true. I wonder what the guys who created this plan were smoking.

thanks!

so numbers 16 & 17 (NAC and Willem II isn't it), just play against themselves or also against teams from the 2nd division too ?

It's a bit of a joke that Gronigen could get into the CL despite finishing 5th

db

actually, the numbers 2-5 are all in the UEFA Cup because Ajax is in The cup final with PSV. So it will be like this:

1.PSV-->CL
2.Winner playoffs 2-5---->CL QF
3.loser playoffs 2-5---->UEFA Cup
4.loser playoffs 2-5---->UEFA Cup
5.loser playoffs 2-5---->UEFA Cup
6.Winner playoffs 6-9---->UEFA Cup

And NAC and WillemII will have to beat 2 teams from 1st division over 2 legs to stay in the eredivisie.

Hi Joost, how do you pronounce Joost? Not so long ago I had some Dutch friends over and despite hours and hours of sensible discussion it seemed I was incapable of pronouncing the name Joost correctly. I think the language was a barrier so perhaps it would be easier to explain in dutch. It seems I pronounced the name Joast, like toast, but there was something wrong with this.

Regards Danny

I just came home from Ajax-Feyenoord...........oh boy what a match! We killed the f*cking coack-a-roaches!!!! Everybody went crazy! 3-0!!!!!

hmm was watching psv vs feyenoord on ch5 UK tim caple highlighted the prominence of dutch coaches all around the world

franky about to win laliga
co and ronald running the portuguese ligue
guus just won eredivisie, takes aussie to the world cup and was in hot deman
marco will take a young and agile oranje to the world cup
dicko will lead the red devils of korea in the world cup!

dutch coaches rule :thumbup:

danwin said:
Hi Joost, how do you pronounce Joost? Not so long ago I had some Dutch friends over and despite hours and hours of sensible discussion it seemed I was incapable of pronouncing the name Joost correctly. I think the language was a barrier so perhaps it would be easier to explain in dutch. It seems I pronounced the name Joast, like toast, but there was something wrong with this.

Regards Danny

Hello Danny,

Well, it's a bit hard to explain. I know some guys from the Manchester area and they were not able to pronounce it the right way. I tried to teach them for about 4 hours, but they couldn't get it right. Try this:

Yoast (123x)

What do you call vans? I mean there is a lot of vans in Holland, Van Persie, vanderWende and vanderSloot being the top 3 surnames of all time there, but the actual vehicle we call the van, what do you call them there in Holland?

In Belgium we call them "camionette" Dermot, but that' not what you asked...

From sky sports

The Dutch have a hugely talented squad, but face no easy task as they have been drawn alongside Argentina, Ivory Coast and Serbia and Montenegro in Group C

Van Basten's 33-man party:

Keepers: Patrick Lodewijks (Feyenoord), Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Henk Timmer (AZ).

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (HSV Hamburg), Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Tim de Cler (AZ), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), Kew Jaliens (AZ), Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool), Joris Mathijsen (AZ), Andre Ooijer (PSV), Barry Opdam (AZ), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord).

Midfielders: George Boateng (Middlesbrough), Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Phillip Cocu (PSV), Edgar Davids (Tottenham), Nigel de Jong (HSV Hamburg), Denny Landzaat (AZ), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax), Rafael van der Vaart (HSV Hamburg).

Forwards: Ryan Babel (Ajax), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax), Dirk Kuyt (Feyenoord), Martijn Meerdink (AZ), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV).

good enough squad any notable absentee's apart from kluivert :mrgreen:

(will add to dutch w/c thread)

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ajax won AGAIN from the f*cking feyenoord coackaroaches! Amsterdam: 3-0 / Rotterdam 2-4 WHUHAHAHA meennnn now Ajax have to play against Groningen.

Amsterdammer said:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ajax won AGAIN from the f*cking feyenoord coackaroaches! Amsterdam: 3-0 / Rotterdam 2-4 WHUHAHAHA meennnn now Ajax have to play against Groningen.

What's the use of this post????
As a foreign Ajax lover i would have been pleased by some objective information...

All i know now is that the kid who postex this "message" hates Feyenoord and can't spell "cockraoches"...

At times like this i wish there would be maturity tests before some of these kids were allowed membership...

I almost wish Groningen beats Ajax...

Seriously folks...

I agree with gerd. Amsterdammer, I happen to live in a region with a lotof Feyenoord fans and many of my friends support Feyenoord. Now I support Ajax myself, but I don't dislike Feyenoord at all, they have the greatest atmosphere in their stadium. I wonder if Amsterdammer has such a big mouth when he's discussing the game with people from Rotterdam...

About the games, it's ridiculous that Ajax are still in the running for a CL spot. They were 4th in the league, that means UEFA cup. Feyenoord were 3rd in the league, which also means UEFA cup. AZ were second and deserved to go to the CL, but they lost to Groningen (they finished 5th). This whole play off set up is ridiculous.
A good point about Ajax is Huntelaar, he's a great striker. I rate him out first striker for the WC.

hmmm anyone agree "hunterlaar and kuijt" if van basten goess 442 and ruud is not firing, they looked great in the second leg of that playoff game.

pk9 said:
hmmm anyone agree "hunterlaar and kuijt" if van basten goess 442 and ruud is not firing, they looked great in the second leg of that playoff game.

Reckon so.

They'll start with Robben - RVN - Castelen imo.

But Robben and Castelen can move to orthodox wide midfield positions and Huntelaar and Kuyt brought in. (Obviously if they are brought in at all!!)

Maybe van der Vaart and Landzaat will have to be sacrificed for maybe Sneijder to work better with van Bommel.

The team I reckon will start:

--------------------RVN-------------------
----Robben------------------------Castelen---

-------van der Vaart-------Lanzaat-----
-----------------Van Bommel--------------------

van Bronkhorst---Opdam---Mathijsen--Bouhlarouz-

----------------van der Sar--------------------

And possible theoretical team with 2 forwards:

----------------KJH-----------Kuyt---------------

--Robben----Van Bommel-----Sneijder--------Castelen---

van Bronkhorst---Opdam---Mathijsen--Bouhlarouz-

----------------van der Sar--------------------

Or something like that anyway.

Steevio, first of all it's nice to see your interest in Dutch football.
I don't think Sneijder will play a prominent role for Holland this world cup. He's been injured for most of the second half of the season. Also, Cocu is a starer for sure (if he's not injured). I somehow think it will be van der Vaart - Cocu - van Bommel in midfield. I also don't think Castelen will start, it will probably be Kuyt starting as a RW. Personally I want to see Hjntelaar up front. He's a killer, It's been a long time since I've seen such a striker in Holland. The last Dutch striker who made such an impact in the Dutch league was RVN. But where RVN has a lot of flaws, Huntelaar only has two: he's not a dribbler and he's not very fast. He makes up for that with his great positioning though. Also he's two footed. His heading is up there with the very best and he's a smart passer.

The great Gerd Muller was no dribbler and was not fast too (and in addition to that he was very small). I also think Huntelaar could become one of the great goal scorers...

PS: and for the record and off-topic: Gerd Muller was IMHO the greatest goal scorer of all times...he lacked the style and finesse of someone like Van Basten, but he was the most efficient ever (with only Inzaghi coming near).

joostebrood said:
Steevio, first of all it's nice to see your interest in Dutch football.
I don't think Sneijder will play a prominent role for Holland this world cup. He's been injured for most of the second half of the season. Also, Cocu is a starer for sure (if he's not injured). I somehow think it will be van der Vaart - Cocu - van Bommel in midfield. I also don't think Castelen will start, it will probably be Kuyt starting as a RW. Personally I want to see Hjntelaar up front. He's a killer, It's been a long time since I've seen such a striker in Holland. The last Dutch striker who made such an impact in the Dutch league was RVN. But where RVN has a lot of flaws, Huntelaar only has two: he's not a dribbler and he's not very fast. He makes up for that with his great positioning though. Also he's two footed. His heading is up there with the very best and he's a smart passer.

Can't argue with you mate.
You are spot on about Huntelaar, there to bang in the goals.
I don't want my strikers to do little else.

I agree, I think Sneijder will not play too much of a starting role (as I have left him out of the starting team).
Just think he may play in the theoretical 4-4-2 (Which I doubt will get played anyway)

I put Castelen in that RW position due to a serious lack of other contenders.
I put him in because I predict he will start him rather than Kuyt, to get a better balance.

Anyway, what do I know!!
We'll wait and see!

;-)

(And how do you do the bloody winks!!!)

Last edited:
If you look at the whole season Ajax didn't deserved the champions league. But neither do feyenoord cause they were number 3 in the competition. Only AZ has deserved it but they were unlucky against Groningen. The play-offs need to be dismantled inmediately! What kind of a system is that.......:(.

Back
Top Bottom