Ask the Dutch about the Dutch

Yes, it's really not my thing either. I heard there will be quite a big evaluation to ses if it should be done again.

Playoff thing is absolute ridiculous! You play so many games in a season home and away to determine who the 1st best team, 2nd best team, 3rd best, 4th best and so on on and on is and then suddenly the 2nd best team that's shown they're 2nd BEST because they've done it consistently through season to finish higher than 3rd, 4th and 5th can through two bad or off-form games lose all the stuff they worked hard for!

Play off thing is ridiculous and I was all the way against it since I first heard about it and still the same! League is the real determinant of how good a team is! Not some play off games at the end of a tiring season.

the playoff thing is real dumb...but i do hope groningen beats 020.....HARD

Last edited:
Amsterdammer said:
I just came home from Ajax-Feyenoord...........oh boy what a match! We killed the f*cking coack-a-roaches!!!! Everybody went crazy! 3-0!!!!!

at least we ar not the gloryhunting (wannabee-)jewboys... :lmao:

Fuck, Ajax and Feyenoord fans finally found each other on this forum. Alright British people, come have a close look, this is always great fun.

phrase said:
Whats the best line up that the Dutch can come up with for games in WC2006? I wanna update my line-up in WE10!

The best line-up for me is:

------------------------Van der Sar--------------------------
--------------Boulahrouz-----------Ooijer--------------------
--Kromkamp----------------------------------van Bronckhorst--
---------------------------Maduro----------------------------
---------------Van Bommel----------Cocu----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
--Van Persie-------------Huntelaar----------------Robben-----

But I think Kromkamp is exit so maybe Jaliens or something will play there. And Socca where was your audience in the 2nd half? Only the Legioen was there. And the others.......they went home? And you call us gloryhunters? Hahaa with all due respect but you better not call people here gloryhunters cause your own club has it too. Its funny cause your club never win a thing for a quite a long time so you only focuse on the fans.............Man I love this discussion between Ajax and feyenoord hahaha ;). 3 times champion in 30 years is very very very fantastic :p

I partly agree with Amsterdammer, but youve gotta have vd vaart in the squad. Also, although I would choose for Huntelaar (BTW CHECK OUT THIS VID NOW!!http://www.mooidoel.nl/huntelaarbijat5.php) I think he needs to prove his spot first to be the absolute number 1 choice of van Basten;van Nistelrooy is a very solid choice and has the most credit.
I think the best and formation is:

------------------------van der Sar--------------------------
--------------Ooijer---------- Boulahrouz--------------------
--Kromkamp----------------------------------van Bronckhorst--
---------------------------Cocu----------------------------
---------------van Bommel----------van der Vaart-------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
--van Persie-------------van Nistelrooy----------------Robben-----

There are a lot of players on the bench that are more than good subsitutes: Huntelaar, Sneijder, Davids, Kuijt, Castelen, Babel, Mathijssen, Jaliens, Maduro,Timmer...... And Makaay, Seedorf, Kluivert wont play for Holland!

Hey I was wondering, you both have Gio on the right defense, is there no better right fullback in Holland (no offense to Gio but he's decent tehre at best), and also, who will be van Persie's backup on the right wing?

200_pesos said:
Hey I was wondering, you both have Gio on the right defense, is there no better right fullback in Holland (no offense to Gio but he's decent tehre at best), and also, who will be van Persie's backup on the right wing?

Gio is not on the Right but on the Left side. The other left full backs are De Cler and Emanuelson.

Behind Van Persie are Kuyt and Castelen

The title in my newspaper: "Ajax steals CL place" (Ajax steelt CL plaats).

According to my paper Groningen was by far the better team but Sneijder scored at the end of the match (2-1).

This play-off thing is ridiculous, AZ67 deserve to play the CL (and i consider myself somebody who really likes Ajax).

damn, would have been great to see smaller sides like groningen oder AZ in the CL.

But over 2 games Ajax clearly deserved the win. They almost got punished for not winning the home game 3-0 or 4-0, but Sneijder saved Ajax. Groningen is still unbeaten at the new Euroborg stadium, including wins over Ajax and AZ...Great atmosphere!!

By the way, according to Belgian news papers Feyenoord would be interested in Stijn Huysegems.

Ajax will almost certainly buy Steven Dufour from Racing Genk...IMHO he's the biggest Belgian talent i've ever seen...

Nevertheless he should have stayed with Genk...he will fail in Amsterdam (but i hope i'm wrong, because god i love this player...)

No, he's an AMF or CMF...
In Belgium he's compared to Wilfried Van Moer (a player from the 70's and the beginning of the 80's) who can be considered as best Belgian player ever. Van Moer had great vista, was a fighter, was a fantastic passer but was very small and injury prone..
Except being injury prone (that did not occur until now) Dufour has the same specifics as Van Moer...the fact that he is small could be a big disadvantage in nowadays football...
Something other is very worrying, Dufour agreed on a contact with Ajax but under the influence of the wrong people, he wants to raise the stakes...that's why Genk is very reluctant...you can compare Genk a litle bit with Charlton Athletic in England...outside football they have a big community working, the social aspect is very important for them and this week i read articles in papers were Racing Genk say that they are worried that Dufour is surrounded by the wrong people.
Even his parents agree but they do not seem to get access to him anymore...all bad omens...

What an interesting cup final. Ajax - PSV. 2-1, 8 yellow, 2 red

Guess who scored both goals for Ajax, the 2-1 40 seconds before the whistle?

RVN? Kuyt? Makaay? I think our first striker will be Huntelaar, who'll now officlally be named KJ on this forum.

Holland 28-man pre-World Cup squad:

Keepers: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Henk Timmer (AZ Alkmaar).

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (Hamburg SV), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barcelona), Tim de Cler (AZ Alkmaar), Kew Jaliens (AZ Alkmaar), Jan Kromkamp (Liverpool), Joris Mathijsen (AZ Alkmaar), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Johnny Heitinga (Ajax) and Barry Opdam (AZ Alkmaar).

Midfielders: George Boateng (Middlesbrough), Mark van Bommel (Barcelona), Phillip Cocu (PSV Eindhoven), Nigel de Jong (Hamburg SV), Denny Landzaat (AZ Alkmaar), Hedwiges Maduro (Ajax), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg SV).

Strikers: Ryan Babel (Ajax), Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Ajax), Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Chelsea), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV Eindhoven).

I think the situaton has escalated to a point where he just can't stay. Not as long as Ferguson stays anyway. But no news so far, RVN didn't want to comment at all, which I understand.

Interesting news about the squad: van Basten will only take 3 strikers to Germany. This means no Huntelaar I think. Since he already said he wanted Vennegoor, because he's the only type of player to win a lot of headers, in case you're down the final 15 minutes. RVN seems certain as well and Kuyt too, since he's also a candidate for playing at the wings.

What about Koeman? Will he still be brought on to take the free kicks?

And nobody ever answered my question about the van on the previous page, except Stan, but that wasn't the answer I was looking for. I guess the Dutch, although 68% of their economy relies on the tourist industry, are inattentive to the outsider foriegners needs regarding their country and their way of life. Here is one frequent traveller who won't be visiting The Netherlands anytime soon as a result of this thread, I shall inform my close friends too...and tell them to pass it on.

Back
Top Bottom