Arsenal Thread

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Bolton 2-0 Arsenal

By looking at the possibilities of teams to face in the next round of the Champions league our options are:

PSV
Real Madrid
Rangers
Udinese/Werder Bremen
Bayern/Juventus
Lille/Villareal/Benfica

Now bar the Juve/Bayern option surely that is better than:

Juve/Bayern
Lyon
AC Milan
Inter
Barca
Lille/Villareal/Benfica

People saying that it doesn't matter about coming second as all the good teams are getting through I know which group I would prefer to select from!

Last edited:

some good young players were on show at highbury today i respect the youth approach taken by both teams

:shock: look at the young (dutch) oranje players on show! :applause:

So to update it will now be either:

Bayern Munich
Werder Bremen
Benfica
PSV
Real Madrid
Rangers.

Obviously Rangers, Benfica or Werder would be first choice but I feel confident in us being able to beat any of them.

I would prefer to avoid Bayern, but feel we would be a match for any of the others. Would be great to play Madrid and knock them out!

I'd be very doubtful that we could beat Bayern. They're a real tough nut to crack and I would prefer any of the others over them.

Personally , I would love a match against Real. Would be an awesome event.

Loved Senderos' run yesterday. Quincy impressed me. I think he's more than just a bag of tricks. He gets into good positions and was unlucky not to score last night. As was VP with that amazing dribbling display in the Ajax box.

EDIT: Looking bakc, I realise I could have just quoted CE's post.

Last edited:

I think we'd definitely struggle against against Bayern. Not a lot has changed since last year except we've lost Paddy, so might be even harder.

Gotta be Madrid, Zidane & Ronaldo at Highbury! :shock:

I've got a question about the goalkeeper kit, is it true that the silver is the home kit and the orange one the away? i'm not shure but i think the blue one was last season.

Looks like arsenal may have to do a liverpool and win champions league to qualify as it seems like it aint gonna happen in the league.

Seriously though arsenal should of put their chances away but given done well. After that the gunners couldnt handle the physical side again. Hleb looked like he couldnt be bothered and flamini coming on didnt change much,ultimatley the midfield lost due to being lightweights. But gilbertos sending off was a joke as he was unlucky with the challenge.

Alucard said:
Looks like arsenal may have to do a liverpool and win champions league to qualify as it seems like it aint gonna happen in the league.

Seriously though arsenal should of put their chances away but given done well. After that the gunners couldnt handle the physical side again. Hleb looked like he couldnt be bothered and flamini coming on didnt change much,ultimatley the midfield lost due to being lightweights. But gilbertos sending off was a joke as he was unlucky with the challenge.

Ditto.

p.s., Shearer's a Cunt.

p.p.s Lehmanns a Cunt.

p.p.p.s Dermot Gallagher's a Brazillan waxed Cunt.

It's still early days, and we're only 4 points off 3rd position, but i never thought i'd talk like that about the Arsenal. 17 points a drift! Shearer got away with absolute murder today, and he's now my public enemy number one. I'm so glad he went to that brown ale drinking sesspit and won fuck all. Serves you right you elbowing fuck.

Last edited:

Shearer was very sly. Its like he has become more dirty player as he got older to make up for his shit football. I couldnt believe he didnt get booked for that sliding challenge on campbell. He also go away with elbowin that player the other week against everton i think even after it was looked at by the fa.

Its chelsea next week for you guys hopefully you do united a favour and beat them or chelsea embarress arsenal even further with another defeat, either way im happy lol.

Well its at Highbury. I dont want to be let down, lads. ;)

For once Wengers got a right to feel hard done by. Shearer's always been a little b*tch so no surprise there. I just hope Arsenal come out next week with a firework up their arse and blow Chelsea away.

Shearer should be shot in the face, repeatedly.

Dermot Gallagher is a coward, to afraid to send off Shearer, too afraid to not let the crowd influence him.

Coming from a newcastle fan i agree shearer was playing extra rough today compared to other days. my initial reaction was "did he have a row with the missus of something?" the ref was dodgey today too. gilberto's sending off seemed abit harsh but then harsh red cards have been the story of this season so far.

I cannot believe how bad our season hs been so far and our performances have been mostly below par and lack fight and heart. We definitely need to sign at least a Central midfield in January or this season will be worrying..

I think Wenger made the wrong subs against Newcastle. He could have sacrificed Van Persie who had an off day and left Hleb who was linking up with Henry very well. Or he coulda left Hleb and takin out Lljunberg who was also slightly off. Its obvious we are weak in the central of the defense and sum1 like Flamini doesnt look like the answer. Im almost sure now that come Jan Wenger will look into acuiring a solid and well known central midfielder.

POSITIVES:

1. Giberto's card was harsh, the ref was genuinely blind, even Newcastle fans would agree his decisions were inconsistent.

2. Big Phil looked solid, his confidence is slowly building, his form is becoming reminicent of his imperious styling of the end of last season.

3. Wenger might finally have adopted Ralf as our replacement left back. Infact...

4. ...it's a funny thing to say after a loss but the back line, by and large, was tight. No real complaints from the defence from me.

NEGATIVES:

1. ....nah I cant be arsed, everyone knows what they are anyways. This in itself is IMO the biggest negative. The world and his grandma knows how to play against Arsenal these days.

The Chel$ki game is ultra massive now. Not for the league, that was long gone even before this weekend, but for the CL spot and ultimately any semblence of credit towards the notion that we are actually capable of big performances. If the team can't brandish the tackles for the Russian ivasion then it's gonna be a long, slow slog till May.

Even if it's a battling draw or a hard fought loss I will accept the result only if there is real commitment from everyone on the pitch. Save the pirouettes for when we're 3-0 up, please. :roll:

Joystick said:
Even if it's a battling draw or a hard fought loss I will accept the result only if there is real commitment from everyone on the pitch. Save the pirouettes for when we're 3-0 up, please. :roll:

Well said mate, hopefully on Sunday we can restore a bit a pride, don't hold your breath though...

Well done to Van the Man, he's won Barclays Player of the Month for November :applause: .

We need a strengthen in January. Wenger should go all out for Ballack, we need some presence and toughness in the middle of the park. Thats what we have been missing since Paddy left. Teams just aren't frightened of us anymore. This is Wengers biggest test yet....

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Newcastle 1-0 Arsenal

Well I've just watched the highlights of the Arsenal game as I missed it on Saturday a couple of points:

1) - Shearer is a cunt
2) - Great finish by Solano
3) - Shearer is a cunt
4) - Dermot Gallagher is a cunt
5) - Shearer is a cunt (Can you see the pattern)

If the ref was using consistency then I could see why Gilberto would have gone but for Shearer to not get punished for his late tackle on Sol, what the fuck!

Hopefully the boys will raise themselves for Roman's bitches on Sunday!

I personaly think our title challenge is over!

Don't think Liverpool themselves can catch up with Chelsea.

Arsenal are lacking bite in midfield. Gilberto has a role to play, but his game is best diplayed when teams are overawed by the technique of the rest of the side. In these kind of games he can boss the middle of the park without too many problems. However, as is the English game, there are quite a few hard tackling bastards out there who need to be ruffed up a bit more than the occasional stabby ankle tackle.

So who do you want to see operating at the heart of the team? Here's four I reckon are up to the job (and yes, I am bored @ work incase you were wondering):

CHRISTIAN OBODO (UDINESE/NIGERIA)

big_md-i209796.jpg

He worked his way into the Fiorentina first team as last season progressed, and by the summer he was basically 1st choice alongside Enzo Maresca. He's now at Udi where he's looked good in the CL. He's also becoming a regular for the Super Eagles.

PROs: Big, strong on the ball. Could be a cheaper option?

CONs: Only 20, lacking experience? Also CL cup tied.

JAVIER MASCHERANO (RIVER PLATE/ARGENTINA)

25_mascheranoNT_.jpg

Bosses the park in Argentina. Hard tackler, with good distribution, very much from the Almeyda school of football. The outstanding enforcer for River is also quickly establishing himself as a potential national hero for the national side. Watch out for him as a potential star this summer.

PROS: A lot of experience for a 21 year old. Not cup tied. Wenger is a fan and was apparently chasing him about a year ago.

CONS: Work Permit? Might also cost many £££'s Still young and has never played in Europe.

PAPA BOUBA DIOP (FULHAM/SENEGAL)

papa.jpg

'The Wardrobe' is a consistent performer in an inconsistent Fulham side. He's played in the national team for a while now, and his game is more than just tackling, he can really hit one too. Ask Man Utd.

PROS: Premiership ready.

CONS: Premiership ready, ie £££'s.

MANICHE (PORTUGAL/DINAMO MOSCOW)

Maniche-POR-RUS.JPG

His mystery move to Moscow has gone a bit sour and now he wants out. He's partial to the odd wonder goal as we saw at Euro 2004. Man Utd apparently want him too so he could be pricey.

PROS: Bags of experience, likes to get the odd goal.

CONS: Will he want to come? Man Yoo are interested so he WILL be expensive.

Me? Go for Javier Mascherano. He's young, quality and has Arsenal written all over him. Failing that, 'The Wardrobe!'

Last edited:

I wouldnt mind United going in for Mascherano he is quality and just what we need. But United and arsenal dont take these chances and i bet you somone like real or milan will snatch him up. Same thing happened with kaka.

Another con about Mascherano is that he plays for Corinthians now, not River. Corinthians.... the south american Chelsea.

I heard Maniche is unhappy in Russia, so that might be a possibility.

Just thought some of you Arsenal fans might like to see this....it's a clip from the european game against Ajax. Henry plays a little trick on the away team mascot :lol: It's off Soccer AM's 3rd eye and it's funny as fook!!

Henry Trick

Last edited:

mattster12 said:
Just thought some of you Arsenal fans might like to see this....it's a clip from the european game against Ajax. Henry plays a little trick on the away team mascot :lol: It's off Soccer AM's 3rd eye and it's funny as fook!!

Henry Trick

:lmao:

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Another con about Mascherano is that he plays for Corinthians now, not River. Corinthians.... the south american Chelsea.

Really? I didn't know that. Bummer....

its been well documented but im gonna say it again there is a 10m hole in the midfield, P.Senderos (i know, thats probably not how u spell it) is our best CB.

Ralph aint good enough and Campbell should be rested.

Unbelievable, maybe they should ave Aragones crawl to Henry and beg.

At least they are actually holding these kind of events and therefore accept that it's still a problem in the Spanish game.

Back
Top Bottom