Arsenal Thread

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Newcastle 1-0 Arsenal

What a frustrating match yesterday!

If Van Persie's goal had stood I think we would have had a completely different game as Chelsea would have been forced to come out and play rather than being able to use their counter attacking system. As it was Robben scored with a neat finish and it was always going to be difficult from there.

I did find watching the game though that the only time Chelsea didn't use the long ball they scored and it makes you think why don't they play the ball on the floor more. They are effectively Wimbledon with more skill!

The one thing that has really pissed my off though is that cunt Mourinho claiming we tried to target one of his players!!!!! Firstly if there is a player on the other side with poor discipline you will try to target them, I didn't see anyone at Chelsea complain when Dennis Wise used to target Vieira. Secondly Essien elbowed Lauren in the face and the referee lost his asshole. Lauren lost a tooth for fuck sake thats not just a brushing off accident.

At the end of the day though we struggled early on and I think in part that's due to Flamini not being good enough and the team having to use a new system for the first time in a massive match. Reinforcements are definately needed in January or the Emirates wont be seeing Champions League football in it's first season.

Nickybaker said:
What a frustrating match yesterday!

If Van Persie's goal had stood I think we would have had a completely different game as Chelsea would have been forced to come out and play rather than being able to use their counter attacking system. As it was Robben scored with a neat finish and it was always going to be difficult from there.

Spot on mate.

1-0 Arsenal would have changed the game completely. I'm not saying we would have won but it would have opened up proceedings no end. You do have to wonder why Henry was wandering so blatantly offside, but regardless it YET ANOTHER example of bullshit linesman decisions due to a lack of technology in football refereeing.

We had one go our way in the FC Thun match, so some would say this levels it out. I personally have no stomach for this balance in the universe, good vs bad karma shite that so many nostalgic football fans desperately hang on to. "That's football." Bollocks, it doesn't have to be this way. Get proper linesman and goal line technology in force ASAP.

I thought we played as well as we could have done yesterday, we matched them in the first half. As Nicky has said, if Van Persie's goal had stood (there was nothing wrong with it!) then it would have been a different game, they would have to have come at us which would have helped our counter attacking game. As it was we were always going to struggle at 1-0 down.

I suppose when its going against you, its going against you. We have had some rough luck recently and it just has to change. Having said that 4th place is looking like the best we can hope for and if you offered me 4th place now, I would snap you hand off!

What's with Mourinho walking down the tunnel without shaking hands? Is he that arrogant that he can't even be bothered to shake the hand of his opponent at the end of the match? What a wanker.

I tell you what I also noticed yesterday, every decision that went against Chelsea, a group of their players surrounded the ref on every occasion, pressuring him. It seemed to happen on virtually every foul, sickening stuff really and just another of Morinho's new tactics that IMO deserve no place in our game. OK so players argue with decisons all the time, but they were doing on EVERY decision. :shock:

Nicky, I don't know about Wimbledon with skill but we were singing "You're just a Wimbledon with money!" that shut them up for a bit!

Joystick said:
You do have to wonder why Henry was wandering so blatantly offside.

Henry is so lazy getting back onside, he does it every game, he casually walks back to the halfway line. His body language don't look right at the moment and I fear this maybe the last season the great man plays for us. :(

Last edited:
Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea

I was there yersterday, I don't even think we were outclassed, football wise i'd say we just shaded it, its just that Chelsea were better at taking their chances.

Van Persie's clear goal definately changed the game, cause had it stood (should have) Chelsea would have had to play more attacking and leave gaps for Henry to exploit.

If Arsenal wanted to we could of easily made it a boring nil nil draw but someones got to play football.

I agree that Henry's body language aint looking good. Maybe we should sell him and look for another player.

thought I would write something in this thread, seeing as nobody has for a couple of days.

We just squeezed through the Carling cup last night - but Hooray we are in the Semi finals!! But wait where are Chelsea? I thought they were going to win all of the trophies this year? You will lose to Barcelona in the Champions league, You will get knocked out of the FA Cup, and Liverpool or Man U will come back and win the league, You mark my words!!!

(Please God let that happen, It will make me a very happy man indeed)

sorry I got bored at work!

That would be fantastic if it actually happened. I can't see them winning the Champions League and the FA cup will be very competitive this year.

I think Chelsea may win the Prem but that will be all again!

Just finished watching the Arsenal match about a few minutes and BOY that was a lucky victory...can't say we deserved to win it.

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Donny 2-2 Arsenal (Arsenal win 3-1 on pens)

Not pretty but that will do for now.

They were unlucky to go down to ten men, but they never really threatened and overall we kept possession well without really pressing the extra man advantage. Reyes had some good touches but he just looks more and more like a winger to me with every game that passes. Attack looks a bit toothless without Van the man, just goes to show what an impact he's made. Fingers crossed he might just be fit to face Man Yoo. [-o<

Feck me its quiet in here!! Anyway, its a must win game for us tonight, we need the 3 points. Its about time we beat United so hopefully we can. RVP is out though which is a blow.

Clockender said:
With a quote like that you'd better hope you win!

I know otherwise i wont hear the end of it :) Though I dont think there is any need for me to hope, thats the arsenal supporters job :lol:

JayM said:
No need to hope, should be a pretty easy win for United IMO.
i dont think this can be an easy win for anyteam... including chelsea, arsenal still have one of the top players in the world, and you cannot count that man out, although Rio has been dominating his ass the last couple of games..

RuneEdge said:

Whats up you not behind your team? Oh yeah i forgot you probably want us to lose so you can convince yourself some more that we need new manager!

Alucard said:
Whats up you not behind your team? Oh yeah i forgot you probably want us to lose so you can convince yourself some more that we need new manager!
My comment (if thats what you want to call the smilie) has nothing to do with the team. Its more about how arrogant you are. Sure if it was any other team then yeah its ok. But Arsenal?
And theres no need to take a cheap shot at me. Cant you take the truth? :roll:

RuneEdge said:
My comment (if thats what you want to call the smilie) has nothing to do with the team. Its more about how arrogant you are. Sure if it was any other team then yeah its ok. But Arsenal?
And theres no need to take a cheap shot at me. Cant you take the truth? :roll:

My comment was just little fun and to incite the competition because we know how big the match is and wind up some arsenal fans. Obviously i know its not gonna be a walk in the park. Cheap shot lol no i just needed to know why you got to laugh with a arsenal fan all of sudden at my suggestion that we gonna win the match.

Last edited by a moderator:
i still love Arsenal,it`s not are best year,but real fan stick close to our club.we still got Ccup,facup,and ECL cup to win ,as long if we can win a cup this year i be prouder to be a gooner

beboquintero said:
i still love Arsenal,it`s not are best year,but real fan stick close to our club.we still got Ccup,facup,and ECL cup to win ,as long if we can win a cup this year i be prouder to be a gooner

Well atleast there still are some real fans around who stick by their club through thick and thin. Some people in your position as a fan would be throwing tantrums at the manager for not being in top two(although the season hasnt even finished)but sometimes you just got to take what you got and look at the positives. Your team is very healthy money wise, good young players and as you mentioned your still in all those competitions. Its good to see real loyal fans, you get a lot of fickle fans around here where just coz one bad season and they get jealous of the team above's success and want changes like the team above because they think it will work for their club too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought a draw was probably fair. United looked comfortable handling the pressure, other than nevilles challenge (which I expected to be a penalty, and while he got ball first, could well have been) but United's finishing was a tad off.
Impressed by Arsenal, they played tough to be break down football, i didn't know they could really do that. United will be a bit dissapointed I'd imagine, seemed like they were waiting ot turn it on, and just waited to the last 10 minutes which wasn't enough time.

Alucard said:
Cheap shot lol no i just needed to know why you got to laugh with a arsenal fan all of sudden at my suggestion that we gonna win the match.
Cuz I know its not gonna be as easy as you make it sound. And I think that was proven today. :roll:

Alucard said:
Well atleast there still are some real fans around who stick by their club through thick and thin. Some people in your position as a fan would be throwing tantrums at the manager for not being in top two(although the season hasnt even finished)but sometimes you just got to take what you got and look at the positives. Your team is very healthy money wise, good young players and as you mentioned your still in all those competitions. Its good to see real loyal fans, you get a lot of fickle fans around here where just coz one bad season and they get jealous of the team above's success and want changes like the team above because they think it will work for their club too.
If you got a problem with me then just say so.

beachryan said:
Thought a draw was probably fair. United looked comfortable handling the pressure, other than nevilles challenge (which I expected to be a penalty, and while he got ball first, could well have been) but United's finishing was a tad off.
Impressed by Arsenal, they played tough to be break down football, i didn't know they could really do that. United will be a bit dissapointed I'd imagine, seemed like they were waiting ot turn it on, and just waited to the last 10 minutes which wasn't enough time.
I agree with you on that but IMO, I think Sir Alex let Arsenal play the way they did in the second half cuz he might be thinking about tiring their players before hitting them rapidly. Cuz mid way through the second half, the amount of chances we got and missed was incredible.

But with that said, the game could still easily have been won by either team. I mean, Arsenal scared the hell out of me in the first half with their near misses.

Rooney should never had had the first yellow, that the contact was so clearly initated by reyes, who just bounced off him then whined...as usual. As for the 'deliberate' handball, he was facing off the pitch when it his arm, away from the ball, that would have been VERY harsh to be sent off for (and if you want to quote 'letter of the law' then you better stop pretending that's its always followed)

Could have been a penalty though, was he playing the advantage for henry (who should definitely have scored there)

Back
Top Bottom