Arsenal Thread

Whether they got robbed or not, they're lucky cuz it easily could have been a win for us. In fact it should have been seeing how easy our chances were compared to theirs.

both teams play hard,but it shows that Toure and Ferdinand hardest at work,they made there presence known,Henry and Ruud look clueless (i still love Henry)but the truth hurts even when it comes from my mouth....:-#

I enjoyed the game last night although neither team deserved to win so it was a fair result.I have to say that the only winners were Liverpool and Chelsea.

The 2 teams on show were possibly the worst 2 Arsenal and Man Utd teams to contest this fixture since Wenger became manager. We lack a certain amount of creativity now I feel, we get to the penalty area and then seem to run out of ideas. Pires\Bergkamp are shadows of their former-selves. If Pires is playing for a contract he ain't trying very hard. Utd just seemed to be content with playing long balls up to Van Horse face all night, hoping he would flick it on for either Ronaldo or Rooney.

A quick word about Henry who had a (another) stinker. His attitude is beginning to piss me off. He nevers seems to put in 100% these days, after an attack breaks down he just walks back onside as if he has all the time in world. He is just getting very lazy IMO and this view is shared by a lot of people who sit around me. I still think we will be leaving in the summer. Lets hope he gets replaced with someone who is willing to give 100% for our club.

Last a mention to the Utd fans last night, for 75 minutes they were quiet as a mouse. A lot is said about the Highbury library, but last night we put on a good vocal performnace. Utd though had possbily the worst support I have seen at Highbury this season and certainly the quietest Utd fans ever. Maybe our chant of "You're too shit for Channel 5!" was too witty for them to respond!! :lmao:

Seems like Vieira has something to say

Juventus ace Patrick Vieira has claimed former club Arsenal are missing his midfield presence.

The Gunners have been performing well below their best this season and Tuesday night’s 0-0 draw with Manchester United sorely missed the tie’s trademark tussles between Vieira and former United captain Roy Keane.

"I really do think that my absence has been felt, though I don’t want to be presumptuous," he told the London Evening Standard. "They have certainly suffered psychologically since I left."

The Senegal-born midfielder’s £14m transfer to Juventus surprised many people and he thinks that is one of the reasons his departure has had such an affect on his old teammates.

"Maybe it’s because they haven’t fully understood the reasons I left or maybe they are only just beginning to understand," he claimed. "I left London because there was nothing left to stimulate me.

"I am 29 and still at the top of my career. I have reached my peak physically and tactically," continued the French international.

"I wanted to play the best years of my career for a side that would help me develop my ambitions and Juventus have allowed me this."

We have missed his midfield presence for the last 18 months!!

I like the quote "I left London because there was nothing left to stimulate me". Bollox, he was sold because we got great money for a 29 year old who had just had the worst season of his career.

Clockender said:
We have missed his midfield presence for the last 18 months!!

I like the quote "I left London because there was nothing left to stimulate me". Bollox, he was sold because we got great money for a 29 year old who had just had the worst season of his career.

Here here! One minute Arsenal treated badly by getting rid of him and the next he decided to leave us.

Make up your mind Paddy!

One thing puzzled me yesterday, especially during the 1st half: Arsenal seemed happy to settle in Utd's half but never really took their chance and kept passing the ball around (until they lost it) instead of shooting from outside of the area and go for a rebound or corner. It is like they tried to walk into the goal.

OBBB said:
One thing puzzled me yesterday, especially during the 1st half: Arsenal seemed happy to settle in Utd's half but never really took their chance and kept passing the ball around (until they lost it) instead of shooting from outside of the area and go for a rebound or corner. It is like they tried to walk into the goal.

You haven't watched many Arsenal games then in the past couple of years have ya? We have been trying to walk it in for ages!!

Its frustrating because we never shoot from outside the box.

i think Henry maybe injured,he`s playing too cautiously,he know it`s important to show presence on the pitch for his teamates,so please no negative talk about Henry...please

beboquintero said:
i think Henry maybe injured,he`s playing too cautiously,he know it`s important to show presence on the pitch for his teamates,so please no negative talk about Henry...please
Are you his agent? :lol:

yeah so if henry keeps his current form, how do you think you will do agaisnt madrid, ashley cole looks like he will be back so your defense should be alot better...

Henry at the moment is alone...notice how he`s trying to setup plays,gathering defenders,providing 1,2 quick touches even crossing the ball inside the box and no one there.i know that he`s a goal scorer and the responsibilities lies on him,i see him trying to do what A.Cole does by setup plays, i didn`t imagine Cole being so vital to us.in my head NOT my heart Cole should be the skipper and let Henry do one thing only score.And about Spain...Henry is not a kid,only kids act unprofessionally,you play until you can`t... Spain doesn`t need him.They got king ron. henry couldn`t deal w/ that.

Last edited:
beboquintero said:
Henry at the moment is alone...notice how he`s trying to setup plays,gathering defenders,providing 1,2 quick touches even crossing the ball inside the box and no one there.i know that he`s a goal scorer and the responsibilities lies on him,i see him trying to do what A.Cole does by setup plays, i didn`t imagine Cole being so vital to us.in my head NOT my heart Cole should be the skipper and let Henry do one thing only score.And about Spain...Henry is not a kid,only kids act unprofessionally,you play until you can`t... Spain doesn`t need him.They got king ron. henry couldn`t deal w/ that.
nah henry isnt playing central, as he should, he sits on the wings and wants the ball, meanwhile there aint a target in the box cause henry is out there on the wings wanking one off.. he needs to stop getting behind the ball on the wings and he needs to be a man and get in front of the defenders and become a target so the speedy wings like pires and lungberg reyes etc can play off him... or he needs to come back on the middle of the pitch not to the sides get the defense concentratin on him and have the other guys make the runs...

getting on the run is his plan ,but no one is there for the taking,we will see if he still plays like that when Cole returns if so shame on him,but your right he needs to be in the center.his zone is center not(L)wing being the skipper ain`t easy, the fans will not stand for that...lead or be led...( i love Arsenal )

Last edited:
Come on Gooners I need your opinions: Are we gonna finish in the top four this season?

I think we will. Although Spurs at home in April is looking like a must win game.

It`s vital that Wenger get sombody capable...to get top 3 or 4 and a trophy this term.Who knows Manutd slip big last year(Norwich)Liverpool form is nice at the moment,but my boys love Liverpool(i`m a bad Dad, 9yr. &10Yr)I predict 3rd and Carling cup & Fa Cup Finals...;)

Clockender said:
Come on Gooners I need your opinions: Are we gonna finish in the top four this season?

I think we will. Although Spurs at home in April is looking like a must win game.

If either team makes it to the semi's of the cup it will be even later than April as the game at Highbury falls on FA Cup semi-final weekend.

I think we will get the 4th spot as even Martin Jol has said he's pleased with Spurs fantastic consistency and ours is shit. When Cashley gets back hopefully we can start penetrating down the left again.

can say to all my fans and the people who care about me I want to lead the team out in the new stadium."

Arsenal will leave Highbury at the end of this season to move to the new multi-million pound Emirates Stadium at Ashburton Grove.

The truth is this, I never spoke with or met with a single person from any other club at any time

Thierry Henry
"I'll talk to (manager) Arsene Wenger, to (vice-chairman) David Dein and the board and talk of the future," he added.

"My mind is to stay and we have to sort this out."

I never doubted you Thierry\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

<3 henry. Really. When I'm done with Dennis Bergkamp's, I will have Thierry Henry's babies.

Vieira was at our 4-0 thrashing of Pompey. We should force Patrick to come to all our games.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Personally, i'd rather see Henry at Arsenal than Barcelona. Now he has to stick to his word, otherwise he'll find people quoting him back.
I hope he stays too. He's one of the reasons why the EPL is fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom