Arsenal Thread

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland

Maybe it wasn't, but it was still directed at him. All Ruud did was jump back, as you do when someone sticks a boot in your direction. The overreaction at how he tried to get him sent off was a bit ludicrous in my opinion. Anyway, we're covering old ground.

Great now Clich's out with a foot injury sustained on international duty. Thats now Henry, Hleb, Campbell, Clichy all injured from international matches alone. We're gonna have to play Toure at left back with Cygan at centre, or
bring in Eboue.

Injuries are bitches.

Now you know how we've been feeling this season and last year.

Virtually all our injuries suffered this season have occured when the players have been playing for their countries, how unlucky is that?

I would play Toure left back and pair big Phil with Sol.

Same here, I wouldn't even let Cygan on the bench. I'd let Connelly get some bench warming experience!

What ever happened to Ryan Garry? I know he got injured at some point but is he still out?

Also, surely Eboue could do a job for us at LB until Cashley's back.

Forgetting Larsson, perhaps? He's played at left-back before and I'd be gald to see him in the team for what its worth. I've always been impressed by his workrate and skill in the reserves and pre-season Barnet games I've seen.

Clockender said:
Virtually all our injuries suffered this season have occured when the players have been playing for their countries, how unlucky is that?
They all have the Saha virus. lol.

Its annoying when that happens cuz you have no control over it. Buts its the price all top clubs have to pay for having so many internationals in their team.

Clockender said:

I would play Toure left back and pair big Phil with Sol.

Yeh I would too, just to avoid playing Cygan, BUT that would leave a lack of pace through the centre, and Wigan have a lot of pace up front with Camara and Roberts, so I think we need Toure CB.

"There is no shame in defeat, on the contrary, it shows that we are the best," said Mourinho.

Why is he such a dick?

Nickybaker said:
"There is no shame in defeat, on the contrary, it shows that we are the best," said Mourinho.

Why is he such a dick?

Wengers made similar comments to that, I dont remember him being too humble the times we beat you last year...

I mean the comment itself! How does defeat make you the best!

Well if defeat makes you the best Sunderland are the bollocks!

_41036886_henry203.jpg

"Is that enough?" :lmao:

Lovely, a good game all round. Some defensive lapses from Arsenal but to be fair, Wigan are more than just plucky underdogs. Jason Roberts is rapid, plus he was testing Sol for muscle.

Cygan did ok at LB, I hope this isn't Wenger's solution until December tho...

Another goal for RVP, and two more for the king. Crisis Over.

poor game from pires and ljunberg (its owusu's time lol) also some body better fix lehman's legs its only a matter of time before he kicks it in his own net

Wow, never have so many negatives come out of a victory.

Starting with our defence, which looked terrible all game, and made WIGAN look like they were going to score with every attack. Lauren and Toure were OK, but Cygan was awful. I never want to see him play for us again. Even Campbell was poor, getting turned by Roberts too easily, tho he did make one brilliant saving header. Lehmann, well, shitness personified, cant kick a ball straight. How can he possibly claim to be German no.1.

Midfield - Gilberto had a poor poor game, making mistakes. Pires and Ljungberg were invisible going forward and defensivley. (Ljungberg has excuse, Pires doesnt)

The good things were Fabregas, RVP and Henry obv.
Oh and the 3 points. How did we manage that.

God if TH14 leaves i couldnt blame him, I think I would.

Joystick said:
_41036886_henry203.jpg

"Is that enough?" :lmao:
LMAO. As much as you hate the arrogance, you just gotta admire the quality of the player. What a picture perfect freekick.

Pires7 said:
Midfield - Gilberto had a poor poor game, making mistakes. Pires and Ljungberg were invisible going forward and defensivley. (Ljungberg has excuse, Pires doesnt)

Don't agree with you there mate. Gilerto flapped at a couple of aerial balls, most notably one attempted flick which almost let in Roberts, but was otherwise quite soild. Pires and Fred did nothing individually, but some of the link up play particularly after Arsenal's frist, was as silky as it's ever been. All credit to Wigan really for not bending over like a lesser team would have.

Lemon looked like the proverbial lemon in goal tho. No where near the goals and school boy kicking all game. One to forget for Jens.

Re: The ARSENAL Thread - Wigan 2-3 Arsenal

Enjoyed the match, but it was far more stressful than it should have been.

I am not one to slag off the players who wear the shirt if I can help it but.....Cygan is nightmare at the best of times (does ok in Europe, in the Prem he sucks) but at left back he was shite! One of the goals was down to him, when he got sucked into a central position. His distribution was woeful and as we all know, he lacks pace (eg he has none). We are gonna come up against better opponents than Wigan in the next couple of months or so and I fear he be found wanting.

I would still prefer Kolo there with big Phil partnering Sol. At least Kolo has a bit of pace about him (which you need in that position) and he has also played there before.

Theirry's freekick was genius, inch perfect. Next up Thun away in the CL where a draw will confirm us as group winners.

Wigan - Arsenal: fantastic match...
Wigan - THiery Henry: no match at all...the best player in the Premiership... (whoaa i have reacted in this thread)

That was the best first half id seen in ages as a neutral i cant believe the second half had no goals...

How strong is Jason Roberts ive never seen Campbell out muscled as much as i did in the match! Cygan at left back was just funny :)

Right from the beginning of the season i had strong sympathy for Wigan because everybody seemed to think that they were the first candidates for relgation...they are playing brilliantly...

I'll be surprised if Chimbonda is still at the club at the end of the season.

Looks like they've sold out now, gotta be quick. I got mine through Red membership but they were on general sale yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom