AMADOR - Everyone's football

Yesterday I was playing a cup in PES 6 firebird patch, as Portugal. Group stage was rather smooth, with even a 5-0 win against Ecuador. After that, I had Brasil and I was happy, because I wanted to see how much of a challenge I would get in a 20 mins match, 5 stars dificulty.
Brasil was playing a rather direct game, predictable, but still getting more possession. I managed to score against the flow of the match, and I dominated possession from there. Brasil had the occasional run on goal, but not enough to scare me, though they did score on a ball loss by Ricardo Carvalho, at the edge of the box.
The great thing, 5 mins later, penalty and red card for brasilian Gk. My first thought was "This! This NEVER happens in newest versions!!". Ronaldo missed the penalty and the match got tighter. I scored again and thought the match was over. My mistake, Brasil got two goals to finish 2-3... So... yeah, it´s hard enough for me...

Demo Teams (Part 9)

Team: East Anglia

Honours English Champions (2001,2006)

East Anglia Kits.jpg

East Anglia have high hopes for young keeper Demarai Heffernan. At just 23 he is already among the top tier of keepers in the Western Federation. At 198cm he commands his box well and adds a good leap to increase his size advantage even more. With good agility and sound defence he is a trustworthy presence between the sticks.

heffernanfull.jpg

Jay Liddle will play DM for East Anglia this season though is just as effective pushing forward as well, with the ability to go past a player a complement to his short passing game. With his good technique and more than average speed you won’t see him get caught in possession often either. Liddle will keep the team ticking over at worst and drive them on at best.

liddlefull.jpg

Experienced Anton Wrathall will lead the attack. Not the quickest or indeed the strongest, but he is nimble, more than competent in the air and has good shooting technique and accuracy. He will look to feed off scraps if necessary but will hope for better with the likes of Liddle in the team.

wrathallfull.jpg

11 years without a title, East Anglia once again will hope this is their year. They will be playing a 4-3-1-2 formation and the feeling is with Liddle in the middle they won’t be playing second fiddle (sorry). The general consensus though tis hat while they may be able to put in a challenge, ultimately it will fall short. Can they prove everyone wrong?

EA form.JPG

@mattmid I thought the salary stayed the same? I was hoping to test a few players out but if it keeps changing even if I don't alter anything then I don't think I will.

Demo Teams (Part 9)

Team: East Anglia

Honours English Champions (2001,2006)

View attachment 6230

East Anglia have high hopes for young keeper Demarai Heffernan. At just 23 he is already among the top tier of keepers in the Western Federation. At 198cm he commands his box well and adds a good leap to increase his size advantage even more. With good agility and sound defence he is a trustworthy presence between the sticks.

View attachment 6227

Jay Liddle will play DM for East Anglia this season though is just as effective pushing forward as well, with the ability to go past a player a complement to his short passing game. With his good technique and more than average speed you won’t see him get caught in possession often either. Liddle will keep the team ticking over at worst and drive them on at best.

View attachment 6228

Experienced Anton Wrathall will lead the attack. Not the quickest or indeed the strongest, but he is nimble, more than competent in the air and has good shooting technique and accuracy. He will look to feed off scraps if necessary but will hope for better with the likes of Liddle in the team.

View attachment 6229

11 years without a title, East Anglia once again will hope this is their year. They will be playing a 4-3-1-2 formation and the feeling is with Liddle in the middle they won’t be playing second fiddle (sorry). The general consensus though tis hat while they may be able to put in a challenge, ultimately it will fall short. Can they prove everyone wrong?

View attachment 6231

Glad to see my East Anglia have a top keeper, I'm going to need him. ;)

11 years without a title?! That shall be remedied ...

I thought it did too but it doesn't, there has to be a random number in there somewhere, I'm convinced of it. Sometimes it's the same but often it's higher or lower by 20-50. I'll load it up later and start 2/3 ML's and take a screenshot of the top salary guy so you can see. I'll start with same team, same options each time.

Demo Teams (Part 10)

Team: Borders

sco-borders-min.png

Honours: Scottish Champions (2007,2008,2016)

Borders Kits.jpg

Robbie Lyon is one of those midfielder’s that’s likely to go under the radar unless you’re a Border’s fan. A tireless box-to-box worker, ok at everything, puts the team before himself and with a captain’s mentality, which is why he is exactly that. A firm fan favourite he’ll fight to the last for his team.

lyonfull.jpg

With not a lot of other standout quality in the side it’s lucky they have front man James Wylie. He has all the attributes to be a top striker in the Scottish League if he can get the service and he might need to be right at the top of his game to make the most of what might be limited opportunities created for him. However he is more than capable of taking on and beating a player himself, so if he has to make his own chances he can.

wyliefull.jpg

Borders will play a 4-3-1-2 hoping to stifle opponents and then get the ball to Wylie. They do play with an attacking mentality though so time will tell if it’s enough to get him involved consistently. They seem unlikely to challenge though and a repeat of their 2016 title win would seem doutful.

borders form.JPG

Just had a 25 minute League match. Borders (me) v Drenthe.

Half time looked like this...

ht stats bord v dren.JPG

Full time I managed to click off by mistake before taking a screenshot unfortunately!

It ended 1-1. I got two more yellows, one managing to be a second yellow for the man booked in the first half. Drenthe picked up another yellow as well. In the end it was 13 fouls by them and 10 by me! They grabbed an equaliser for it to end 1-1

Forgot to add this is another factor that comes into these longer games as well as managing the stamina for a long 'real' amount of time, if you get booked early on you have to be so careful not to pick up a second yellow.

@fmicablues7: The foul count varies a lot, I've seen so far.
iMx05u2.jpg

Another 30-min match, Flandre-Orientale as CPU. By halftime, they had 9 fouls already. On the second-half, they changed strategy for a more counterattacking one and were much less aggressive on the ball - chose to remain compact as a unit in front of their own box, rather than actively trying to get the ball back -, so the foul count didn't reach the levels I was expecting to see after that first half.

You'll see for yourself(ves) that the number of fouls will vary depending on many factors from your own play style to the opponents', considering also both teams' formations and strategies and how they fit together.

Goals, shots and saves are great but moments like this give me a buzz too.

On the Abruzzo team write up I wrote this about Walter Libbi

Making things tick for Abruzzo will be Walter Libbi. He’s easily recognisable at just 169cm but it’s more likely his ability on the ball that will stand him out from the crowd. He has good technique backed up with great shooting technique that should nab him a goal or two as well. He’s nimble around the midfield and his long range passing is pretty good as well.

And here in the game I'm playing right now, he summed up that last sentence perfectly. :)

A great first touch, got it out of his feet and moved it to evade my player before playing a lovely ball out to the wing, tempting my full back in to try to intercept it and leaving the winger wide open to get in.

Also about the stadiums you can use all the fantasy stadiums that have been made for PES6, especially those smaller stadiums converted by Maxey from newer games, they have a very nice feel and atmosphere.

@jihado86: I'm liking that adboard idea. What do you think @mattmid?
About the stadiums, as you can see from our screenshots we've been using a lot of quirky, unique and smaller ones. That too will be a focus of ours when we release the full Amador experience, after the demo.

Demo Teams (Part 11)

Team: Antrim

ni-antrim-min.png

Honours: (2007,2015,2016)

Antrim Kits.jpg

Antrim will need Attacking Midfielder Steve Glenn to be firing on all cylinders this season. There’s every chance he will be. Good passing and teamwork, with an eye for a goal are what he brings to the team with fairly sounds stats elsewhere to back it up. Antrim can and will rely on him this season.

glennfull.jpg

Anto Halliday will be in Defensive Midfield where, if he has any say in matters, the arms, legs, blood and teeth will be flying, not necessarily in that order. One look at him and you can see it wouldn't be wise to mess with him. To call him average would be unfair and probably unwise. He lacks pace but makes up for it in heart. He lacks great ratings in most things but has great teamwork as you’d expect. At the same time he isn’t weak anywhere either and you wouldn’t want anyone else with you in the trenches of midfield. You wouldn’t want to meet him in a dark alley either, come to that.

Halliday.jpg

Up front the pick of two decent striker’s is Marty Harvey. At this level he’s a very dangerous player to allow a shot on goal. He's good across the board with his marksmanship. If possible show him onto his right because that leg is only for standing on. He’ll use the outside of his left rather than swing his right foot. Whatever you do though, don't give him room.

Harveyfull.jpg

Antrim have had a good time of it of late in the All Ireland League, winning twice in the last three seasons. Will they be up there again this season? They have some quality in their side and if they can perform at the top of their game that will give them half a chance. They’ll be a playing a 4-3-1-2 and with Halliday breaking up play (and limbs) in the middle that might release their ball players to do their stuff.

antrim form.JPG

@sniglet Just playing the third game of the season and Borders face East Anglia. East Anglia have opted to play Callam Ring in goal and he's made three great stops at the feet of my strikers in the first half. After one of them I got brought down on the loose ball for a penalty. Which.... I struck wide! East Anglia have picked up two yellow cards, one for the penalty. Wrathall got the goal for the Anglians.

bordv ang ht.JPG

A first half missed penalty and a shot against the bar, but no equaliser for Borders as East Anglia clinch the 1-0 win and also pick up another yellow card!
bordv ang ft.JPG
Meanwhile it's the Man of the Match award to Callam Ring.

bordangmom.JPG

Meanwhile pre-game before I make any changes, fatigue is starting to kick in on those players who've played all three matches so far. I also note I'm about to meet bare knuckle fighter Anto Halliday.

pregame.JPG

Demo Teams (Part 12)

Team: Connacht

ire-connacht-min.png

Honours: All Ireland Champions (2003,2006,2014)

Connacht Kits.jpg

If you like your centre backs to be strong, fit, agile and good in the air then Keiron Canavan will fit the bill nicely. A commanding presence at the heart of the Connacht defence he has teamwork and mentality to match. If need be he will drag the team kicking and screaming back into a game by sheer willpower alone.

canavanfull.jpg

Winger Michael Treacy is a tricky customer, he has the skills to beat a player and is more than capable of adding goals to that as well. Also strong for a winger he won’t be getting bullied off the ball. With good passing too you can be sure there’ll be some assists coming from Treacy this season. He is also famous for his 'half a teapot' impression.

treacyfull.jpg

On the other wing is Roy Westwood, another with trickery and agility that can find him past an opponent before he’s had time to shove him into the stands. His excellent shot technique should see a few opportune shots at goal flying in from him as well. Whether they’ll go in is a moot point. Like much of this Connnacht team he also has good teamwork.

westwood.jpg

Connacht plays an attacking in your face 4-3-3. With strength and height at centre back they should deal with set pieces fairly well and with two wingers flying at the full backs Connacht games could be entertaining one’s. Will they have enough to win the tough All Ireland championship? That we’ll have to wait and see.

connacht form.JPG

We conclude the Demo teams round up with

Demo Teams (Part 13)

Team: Clywd

wal-clwyd-min.png

Honours: Welsh Champions (2003,2006)

Clywd Kits.jpg

Curtis Craven will be operating at DM for Clywd this season. With an eye for a pass, good technique, good strength and shooting stats that most forwards would envy he could be quite a weapon for the Welsh side. Decent in the air as well he has everything he needs to be among the star defensive midfielders operating in the Welsh League and indeed in the Western Federation as a whole.

Cravenfull.jpg

Attacking Midfielder Nathan Martin is another one to watch out for. With good technique, decent all round passing and agility he will surely be handful for defenders as he looks to prod and probe to find his forwards.

martinfull.jpg

Up front in a two will be Ioan Breeze. Breeze’s main asset is his great heading ability. However there is a problem there. He’s only 171cm and doesn’t get off the ground well, so they’ll probably have to be diving headers. His shooting is average for the Western Federation strikers and his pace is decent and with his agility leads to him being quite lively around loose balls in the box. If the likes of Martin and Craven can get him in good positions he could have a decent season

breezefull.jpg

Clywd will be playing 4-2-2-2 and Martin will be on most of the set plays. They probably won’t be challenging for honours this season but could surprise people if everything were to click. A lot will depend on the form of Craven and Martin who are the creative force in the side.

Clywd form.JPG

Side note: Due to the original import csv function on the editor, which was custom built by Juce for someone, they wanted different nationalities and one of them was Bosnia which Wales was amended to on import, which is why the Welsh players show as Bosnian (but they do show in Wales squad in the game)

A first half missed penalty and a shot against the bar, but no equaliser for Borders as East Anglia clinch the 1-0 win and also pick up another yellow card!
View attachment 6289
Meanwhile it's the Man of the Match award to Callam Ring.

View attachment 6290

Meanwhile pre-game before I make any changes, fatigue is starting to kick in on those players who've played all three matches so far. I also note I'm about to meet bare knuckle fighter Anto Halliday.

Well done the lads! Ref did you a favour, 16 fouls and no cards. :P

Should have the England emblems done tomorrow - hard parts almost over.

Back
Top Bottom