ALL PES6 OWNERS PLEASE READ THIS!!!!! THIS IS NO JOKE

Final(?) revision posted. Can someone (by the name of tiktiktiktik ;)) possibly give it a once-over and see if it could still use some improvement (and please read the comment at the end because I could use some help wording it to be powerful and yet not a lie :eh:)?

Jack, just my opinion: (about your post #68 )
I think we wanted to ask Konami to update the game with the missing elements, like the remaining editor-options and a save-replay.
You wrote quite a long mail and mentioned about a lot more things from which we cannot expect any updates.
Can't you strip the mail a bit (like Konami stripped the 360 version :D ) so that it's clear to Konami what we want from them.
The way your mail will go at best will be a polite answer from one of their top-man and some promise they will do their best next time.

...as I said, just my opinion... ;)

I completely understand, don't worry, I won't get offended. ;)

The point of the master league bits that I've put (which is why I've preceded both paragraphs with "for example") is that Konami aren't altering the game - the reason that I personally am disgusted with it, there is no new content and there's no shortage of things they could be adding to it in all this time they've had.

Perhaps I should do two versions, as I don't want to put my name to an email without complaining about there being Premiership teams only (I don't relish being a glory-hunter every year).

Hey Jack, pleased with the email. Wouldnt have added anything but you were looking for something in the last part so ive come up with a small suggestion ;)

Or will we forever be "treated" to games like PES6?

To make it stronger you could add ".... to games like PES6? Which a number of us within the community now regard as an insult and a rip-off." Maybe thats a bit over the top. Think the mail is good as it is now :D

As for Han's comment, i think that that is more for a problem solving email. The main element of this email is that we want to voice our displeasure, and really because of that konami should then come up with a solution, in theory. Like an update/patch, if its even possible as ive heard the game needs to be programmed with this in mind for that to work. But im not familiar with the workings of it so i dont know. And i assume the majority of us dont know, or cant know, whether this is the case. If we ask for this and its not possible the email becomes a bit stupid really. In the manner that we evo web, well you lol, have written a very strong good email but then talk about things that we dont have any knowledge of. We could get lucky and its possible, but there is also a good chance that it isnt and then just totally diminishes the power of the email. Even moreso as its really only a small element, and a pretty trivial one at that. Whats more important, being able to save a goal or having a decent game with all its features intact? Not worth the risk imo, but definitly worth a separate complaint as its states in the manual that you can.

The same goes for the editing function update, seabass has said (although you take whatever he says with a pinch of salt) that a complete editing function would take a year to make. So asking for it would/could look foolish like not knowing whether the game can actually be updated.

So i would say two separate emails, the main one you written and an extra one that requests/demands that either a save function gets added or that the consumers get some kind of gesture from konami to make up for it (5pound off next version, coupons, whatever). Dont think it will happen, but its best to be in a separate email imo.

Oh and what part of the last section do you consider a lie? The million pounds one? Im sure that its correct, but will see if i can confirm it by sales figures. Actually it is, as we have 65.000 members even if we only assume 50% of us have bought the game over the years (which is likely to be a lot higher otherwise we wouldnt be here), not even each version just one, thats already near the 2.000.000 euro's from this site alone. And the ammount of us that buy the game, and mulitple versions of it will put us way over that figure. ThomasGOAL posted sales figures from france awhile ago and it think it was near the 1mil, or slightly more sold of pes5 with GB lower down at 800.000 if i remember correctly so its factually correct whatever way they read it, whether only as us, evoweb, or generally.

tiktiktiktik said:
Oh and what part of the last section do you consider a lie?
When I said the "last section", I meant the note I'd tagged onto the bottom, not the last paragraph of the actual email; I'd put a note referring to this line:

"Many of the site's 65,000 of members have telephoned and emailed the company with their complaints"

I'm sure that out of the 65,000 members here not that many have bothered contacting Konami, but the thing is, the argument is lost if I say "about 10 out of 65,000 of us have been bothered to complain to Konami"... I don't want to lie but I don't want it to sound like it's only ten of us with a problem.

Any ideas?

Also, any ideas who to send this to? Konami, Official XBOX Magazine, any others (with email addys as well please)? (Desperately need help with this guys)

(As for the two seperate emails, this one and one asking specifically about a patch or some kind of compensation for the edit mode - I've heard several times that if a game isn't programmed to receive updates then it can't, and I'm almost sure I've read somewhere that Seabass has said "no updates" - he's making WE11 now isn't he - so I personally won't be writing two seperate emails, but anybody can feel free to take bits of what I've written and fashion it into their own email)

Last edited:
How about just saying that:

"Many (Or perhaps "A large amount") of the site's 65,000 members are concerned with the way PES6 has been treated in the various ways and examples mentioned in this mail, obviously some more and some less concerned since opinions differ, but a majority still strongly wish to bring forward these concerns to Konami."

Or something like that... :)

But the concerned members did not call Konami because this mail represents the active members.
Just do not mention 65000 members, just all active members ;)

Excellent suggestions (the 65,000 shows that we're not a small bunch of people though, that has to stay so that we can prove it's not just three people who run a forum for a laugh); I've made some changes to the draft, hopefully that should be it!

Also, I've just had Konami get in touch with me; but not with any answers I'm afraid. They've told me that the previous email address was not the best place to send complaints to and they should instead be sent to one of the following:

RCUK23@konami.com
LGUK24@konami.com

Here's my email :)

To whom it may concern

I would like to complain about the European release of PES 6 on the Xbox 360.

Although the gameplay and graphical enhancements are adequate, they are not sufficiently improved enough to justify the lack of basic features found in previous releases of PES. It is unacceptable to expect consumers to pay £40 for a crippled version of a game that has less than it's predecessors, most notably the limited editing options and the lack of upgrade to the online mode. To make matters worse, the Xbox Live mode doesn't even work properly.

There are many more features missing, but for me these are main ones. to further add insult to injury, these very same features can be found in the cheaper PS2 and PC versions. I cannot even begin to fathom why they are missing from Xbox 360. My only conclusion is that either Konami has little to no regard for it's loyal Xbox audience, or there is a technical or commercial reason for doing so. I sincerely hope it is the latter.

I will be returning the game tomorrow for a full refund and will not be purchasing PES 6 for any other platform for the foreseeable future. I have it on good authority than many others will be doing the same.

There are thousands of PES fans who feel let down by this release and we will not stand for it. I would implore you Konami to take your fingers out of your arses an do something about it with an update.

Sincerely disgruntled

Eskay

I won't really be depriving myself of PES 6. Just not giving Konami money for this release!

Bauer i had a bit of time so i went through a few of your opening paragraphs and edited it how i would make it sound, just giving a few little bits here and there.

I am currently a member and fan of a Pro Evolution Soccer fansite www.evo-web.co.uk, it has come to the attention of most fans that PES6 on the 360 is not a game suitable for release. Now to date a substantial amount of people have telephoned and emailed with their complaints, but whether any fixes or downloads for the game come available remains debatable amongst us fans. It was decided that our view should be put to magazine editors, to guage further opinion on this; from journalists inside the games industry and by the games-buying public alike. To most games-players who enjoy football, Pro Evolution Soccer is the game of choice over FIFA, which is why it comes as a MASSIVE shock to us all that PES6 on the Xbox360 has become the game that it is today.

On a personal note I have played Pro Evolution Soccer since the first release on the original Playstation one, I have purchased each version since and enjoyed it more than the last. However, with the latest release, PES6 on the 360, I am absolutely stunned at the state of the game. "Seabass", the project leader of the PES games, has complained since before PES5 was released that the game had "reached it's limits" on current-gen consoles. So, of course,when us priviliged enough to purchase an xbox 360 we were all looking forward and in suspense to the next-gen version; finally, the game would have the recognition it has needed for the last few years. The future of football gaming would soon be upon us.

So, Down to the nitty gritty.

Several features (International Challenge mode, Random Match mode, editing mode etc.) have been stripped out. The edit mode in particular has been stripped down to player names and player stats only which if im not mistaken is exactly or less than the first psp version of Pro Evolution Soccer , meaning that teams such as Liverpool will always be known as "Merseyside Red" wearing their dull red shirts. The situation of the leagues available again is a mystery the German league is missing without any replacement, meaning eighteen less teams and for a second year running there is only two licensed premiership teams. There are only eight stadiums which for some of us who are more appreciative of the game are shocked that this is the case, surely a games console as powerful as the Xbox360 could cope with more content. On another disappointing not Lots of people are having difficulty with the XBOX Live mode, eg. finding it impossible to play in any matches at all apart from one-off friendlies played via invitations.

In terms of the gameplay it hasn't "Evolved" much further than it has in any previous release. The graphics are decent and gameplay is acceptable at certain times. And finally; you can't even save replays, despite the manual claiming otherwise - further cementing the view that the game has been rushed out into stores to compete with the release of FIFA 07.

Great post although I still think that the part on the gameplay should not be there. That really has changed and became better, more real football. All the remaining is great :)

julien said:
call-centres-jobs.jpg

is it just me or is lyn's nipple shining through?

i think its just you, lol

did my part as well, especially focused on the licensing and cut-back features part. I mean the belgian jupiler league, scandinvian leagues, championship, serie B...

it's all just money and research, nothing else!!!! no programming or whatever... hope they sort it out next year

This could be the most important post I've made in quite a few years so LISTEN UP! ;)

Directly from Konami's mouth I have received the following information. The most effective way you will find of making suggestions about gameplay, new features, or COMPLAINTS to Konami, is to print them out and post them to this address:

Konami
389 Chiswick High Road
London
W4 4AL

I've been promised that they are then forwarded to Europe and Japan, so this may well be the best way to do this.

I'm going to make a few final alterations (keep your eye on page 3 ;)) and get it sent, I'd suggest anyone who feels the same does the same (feel free to make your own alterations).

Great News i've only just this minute sent my email but if posting it is going to be better then Post Office hear i come! ( 2moro morning obviously )

I think i'll send a letter too. I'm quite happy with the gameplay in PES6, which to me is a genuine step forward (although its not totally without fault).

Nobody seems to be making a big deal about the lack of stadiums. Its getting very boring, very quickly playing in the San Siro and Nou camp all the time. Why are there no English stadiums? Surely a stadium patch would be so easy to implement? I mean they don't look a great deal different to the PS2 ones. If Konami could release a patch with at least another 8 stadiums then this would go a long way to making the game feel alot bigger.

Just called them and sounded off a little, they are currently checking mails right now but they are inviting people to call and voice their opinions, seems legit.

Ok, here's my effort:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you with regard to the recently released Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on the Xbox 360. After purchasing this game on the day of release I am left feeling disappointed at what seems like a severely stripped down effort.

As a loyal Konami customer I have been playing Pro Evolution Soccer and International Superstar Soccer for around ten years on various formats. This is the first time that I have ever been disappointed in a Pro Evolution Soccer title. As someone who regularly visits Pro Evolution Soccer online forums such as www.evo-web.co.uk and www.pesgaming.com, which between them have around 200,000 members, I know that my disappointment is shared on this issue. Many are not buying the game, many have returned it. There are a lot of unhappy people out there. And here is why……

For a start, the edit mode has been reduced to almost nothing. Editing is something the majority of fans love about the Pro Evolution series. We understand that there has been some difficulty in obtaining licenses for the game, but the edit mode helps us overcome this. Now we have no choice but to play as ‘West London Blue’ instead of Chelsea, Merseyside red instead of Liverpool. We cannot edit the kits to look something like their real-life counterparts. We can’t change the hairstyle of the players or register them in different teams. Why has such a simple but highly important feature been removed? Yet a full edit mode remains on the PlayStation2 as if to rub salt into the wound.

Secondly, what happened to all of the stadiums? From 35 stadiums in Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on the PlayStation2, to 8 stadiums on the Xbox 360? This is hardly a transition to next-generation gaming! Where are Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, St James’ Park, and the Emirates Stadium? How about the Parc des Princes, the Mestalla, de Kuip, Allianz Arena and the Berlin Olimpiastadion? I could go on. Next-gen gaming should mean more and better of everything. Again, the PS2 has the full complement of stadiums, making the 360 version look very bare in this department.

Next, what about saving replays? It says in the game manual that this is possible, yet when I play the game I find out I cannot. Part of the fun of this game is scoring great goals, saving them and showing them off to friends. I’m struggling to understand why this would have been removed, especially as this is a game for a console that has a 20 GB hard-drive to save everything on!

This is unfortunate because, otherwise, the 360 version of Pro Evo 6 delivers. The game play is great, it’s graphically impressive and there are genuinely nice touches. But to leave out so many straight forward but important features defies belief. When you consider that EA sports and there FIFA Football series is getting better and better then Konami should be taking these issues very seriously.

Most fans of the game are left feeling that Konami do not deserve their loyalty.
As a gesture of good will I firmly believe that downloadable content should be released on the Xbox 360 Live Marketplace to rectify some (if not all) of the shortcomings of this game. Release a stadium patch, an editing patch, allow us to save replays. Best of all, ensure this is free. After spending £280 on a new console and £50 pounds on Pro Evolution Soccer 6 I feel this is the least you could do.

Yours Faithfully,

Jamez

Let me know what you think :-)

Guys u have to get calling. I rang earleir today and they were encouraging us to ring!!! even the people working for konami in england think this was a rip off stand for your selves or you'll regret it when pes 7 is shite!! Jus call up state your issues and thats it it will only take 5 mins! please do this guys or the PES dynasty may begin its downfall!!!

We've helped them over all the years buying there games now help them but making sure they dont make a terrible mistake of ripping off their most die hard fans!!!!!!!

!CALL 02089875730!!!

jambotommy said:
You must be laughing your head off at all these complaints Thomas.

Seems you were right in the end

;)
It's a joke of course

but why buy this game and after ask to Konami, you have all informations on this forum about the 360 version of PES6 so no surprise, i don't understand that.

Back
Top Bottom