ALL PES6 OWNERS PLEASE READ THIS!!!!! THIS IS NO JOKE

jamez said:
Ok, here's my effort:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you with regard to the recently released Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on the Xbox 360. After purchasing this game on the day of release I am left feeling disappointed at what seems like a severely stripped down effort.

As a loyal Konami customer I have been playing Pro Evolution Soccer and International Superstar Soccer for around ten years on various formats. This is the first time that I have ever been disappointed in a Pro Evolution Soccer title. As someone who regularly visits Pro Evolution Soccer online forums such as www.evo-web.co.uk and www.pesgaming.com, which between them have around 200,000 members, I know that my disappointment is shared on this issue. Many are not buying the game, many have returned it. There are a lot of unhappy people out there. And here is why……

For a start, the edit mode has been reduced to almost nothing. Editing is something the majority of fans love about the Pro Evolution series. We understand that there has been some difficulty in obtaining licenses for the game, but the edit mode helps us overcome this. Now we have no choice but to play as ‘West London Blue’ instead of Chelsea, Merseyside red instead of Liverpool. We cannot edit the kits to look something like their real-life counterparts. We can’t change the hairstyle of the players or register them in different teams. Why has such a simple but highly important feature been removed? Yet a full edit mode remains on the PlayStation2 as if to rub salt into the wound.

Secondly, what happened to all of the stadiums? From 35 stadiums in Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on the PlayStation2, to 8 stadiums on the Xbox 360? This is hardly a transition to next-generation gaming! Where are Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, St James’ Park, and the Emirates Stadium? How about the Parc des Princes, the Mestalla, de Kuip, Allianz Arena and the Berlin Olimpiastadion? I could go on. Next-gen gaming should mean more and better of everything. Again, the PS2 has the full complement of stadiums, making the 360 version look very bare in this department.

Next, what about saving replays? It says in the game manual that this is possible, yet when I play the game I find out I cannot. Part of the fun of this game is scoring great goals, saving them and showing them off to friends. I’m struggling to understand why this would have been removed, especially as this is a game for a console that has a 20 GB hard-drive to save everything on!

This is unfortunate because, otherwise, the 360 version of Pro Evo 6 delivers. The game play is great, it’s graphically impressive and there are genuinely nice touches. But to leave out so many straight forward but important features defies belief. When you consider that EA sports and there FIFA Football series is getting better and better then Konami should be taking these issues very seriously.

Most fans of the game are left feeling that Konami do not deserve their loyalty.
As a gesture of good will I firmly believe that downloadable content should be released on the Xbox 360 Live Marketplace to rectify some (if not all) of the shortcomings of this game. Release a stadium patch, an editing patch, allow us to save replays. Best of all, ensure this is free. After spending £280 on a new console and £50 pounds on Pro Evolution Soccer 6 I feel this is the least you could do.

Yours Faithfully,

Jamez

Let me know what you think :-)

Nice effort.

ThomasGOAL said:
It's a joke of course

but why buy this game and after ask to Konami, you have all informations on this forum about the 360 version of PES6 so no surprise, i don't understand that.

Because if we don't tell Konami that this is not acceptable then you will get the same on your beloved PS3.

Why are people so annoyed about the edit mode, there seems to be much more pressing issues than that which need sorted??

ThomasGOAL said:
It's a joke of course

Unfortunately,Many people do not have a sense of humour Thomas.

Me,I still see you as an evo-web legend,who got me through years of anxiety with exclusives right,left and centre.

:applause:

Laugh/joke all you want mate,You have earned it,Imo.

EtHi9 said:
all's quiet on the konami complaints

Maybe people are starting to see pes6 as a game now mate,not an editing tool !!!

:lmao:

Starting to feel like I'm the only person who loves this game !!!
:roll:

jambotommy said:
Maybe people are starting to see pes6 as a game now mate,not an editing tool !!!

:lmao:

Starting to feel like I'm the only person who loves this game !!!
:roll:

I'm lovin' it :mrgreen:

I do love it, it's just the shooting i played a game the other night and was battering the other guy yet so many of my shots fly a million miles in the air. He had about two shot to my twenty and i think he beat me.

so what if you enjoy the game? Doesnt mean you cant feel agreived at something as simple as editing a players boots!

Its next gen FFS!

I just got off the phone to Konami. And the guy I spoke to said the only thing they are currently working on is the online issues. The other issues, he said that he wasnt sure what they were going to do about them (editing options, replay and stadiums).....Thats it for now, back to you James. (wot?!)

anybody with half a brain would realise that konami and xbox will bring out add ons with the marketplace on 360.. dont need to be a genius to work that out do we... Another way of making money out of us.. I for one will be taking my copy back for call of duty 3 this week and sticking to the pc version with its better online play (now the servers are working) and already entered edit mode.. Sod pes6 360 its crap anyway :)

I don't get it, sod the edit function. What about the button lag that renders the game completely fudding useless online? Or the loop holes that the twats continue to use to get cheap wins?

would a email all the way from holland help?

to tell them all we wooden shoe wearing fella s are walking away with fifa :P

and leave next gen pes in the shelves

That's a strange thread, you can phone Konami a billion times, there will no editor in xbox360 for pes6. I'm shure in the next version of pes there will be a complete editor for xbox360 and ps3

as konami said, they had not the time to make the full editor for pes6 like the pc version

Just read on Channel 4 teletext that it was Konami's intention to release a full version(with edit etc) of Pro Evo6 but MS told them to stop and release the game ASAP.

kensuke said:
Just read on Channel 4 teletext that it was Konami's intention to release a full version(with edit etc) of Pro Evo6 but MS told them to stop and release the game ASAP.
Remarkable! That explains why Konami encouraged the clients to complain about the game :)
Do you have an internet-link to channel 4 teletekst?

No link but this is a copy of that page

Whatever Happened to next gen?

On Friday we listed the multitude of missing features in the 360 version of PRO Evo 6.
A subsequent chat with an inside source connected to Konami revealed that the publisher had meant to include all the same content but was told by MS to just get the game out the door.

The game wasn't a port either, it was being worked on by a separate team to the PS2 - until they were told to stop.

I have just emailed our Japanese "friends" also. Does anybody think they will have the courtesy to release a patch with all the missing features or are they just expecting us to fork out another £50 this time next year??

No, according to Konami-UK they only will release a patch for LIVE in about a week (estimate of the Konami-representant), but not for the missing options.

Good thinking... ill appear on Watchdog pretending im all upset about the half arsed cut down so-called Next Gen PES on 360.... :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom