2010 FIFA World Cup

Headers and volleys shouldbe contextual entirely, I can imagine manual decisins doing any sense in this considerign all the possibilities and outcomes you can have in the game.

It's nice that it show you the current score for the other game in your group, but why the hell can't it show me the current table as it stands?

Idiots

Just played a few games online and I see what timbo wasw saying. The defence just opens up?! as soon as a through ball is played one defender just seems to be in completely the wrong position or he just flys to the left or right leavign a gaping hole! very stupid.

Glad I don't play online much and it is ridiculous. Playing all manual against assisted is hard enough, but with this....if they are strglling, just play a through ball and your sure to have a one on one with the keeper if your player has a bit of pace.

Obviously it is nearly non exixtent in the offline as the computer doesn't see it as an exploit and use it all the time.

:WORSHIP:

I've yet to play this game online. Spent 20 mins looking for manual players and then gave up.

I'd rather shit in my own mouth than play ping-pongers.

DLC is confirmed for around June 10th with Chile, Honduras and North Korea licensed kits and a few corrections on other kits(spain away socks color, peru gen kits, camaroon home short colors)

Why was he mentioning shoulder barges being penalized less often as if they were penalized too frequently in FIFA 10? Typo perhaps?

DLC is confirmed for around June 10th with Chile, Honduras and North Korea licensed kits and a few corrections on other kits(spain away socks color, peru gen kits, camaroon home short colors)

When did they say that they were going to release the roster update with the final squads? I know that the real squads have to be in to FIFA by June 1st but did EA mention how soon after that they were going to do it?

Last edited:
I'd rather shit in my own mouth than play ping-pongers.
I mean seriously, what a shit way to play the game.

I've yet to have a decent online game. Every game has assisted tools scoring 3 or 4 goals via a through ball in the first half and then celebrating with shitty dance or flip celebrations and then me switching to assisted in the 2nd half and pulling a couple of goals back.

I mean seriously, what a shit way to play the game.

I've yet to have a decent online game. Every game has assisted tools scoring 3 or 4 goals via a through ball in the first half and then celebrating with shitty dance or flip celebrations and then me switching to assisted in the 2nd half and pulling a couple of goals back.
you need to stop playing randomers and start playing people on here, i've had many a great game with some of the lads.

Yeah, I really want to play againts fellow manual-ers. I have no doubt that I'll get my ass kicked, but I'm never going to improve if I don't.

FIFA 2010 World Cup is the best soccer game who I ever played!!!
The passes, the animations, the atmosphere and much more are the main features which they will make you love this game!

That Wepeeler guy. Seriously does he play with the two button controls and assisted play? He seems like hes playing the wrong game, maybe he should be playing fifa street or beach football.

That video of his is just ridiculous, how do you get satisfaction scoring cheap goals like the flying Torres back heel or the Torres chest, control then back heel into the net from just inside the box.

Not real football at all. Sorry just winds me up when i see his videos.

Seriously does the CPU always use that damn cross-from-anywhere-with-anyone-to-anyones-head when I need a goal. It drives me fucking insane when I'm working my ass off to score and they equalise in this manner.

Also on semi my passes seem to go to the opposition in the final third particularly on World class and Legendary...is it me or is it programmed this way. I keep seeing these gaps to slip one through but it just goes in the wrong direction.

FIFA 2010 World Cup is the best soccer game who I ever played!!!
The passes, the animations, the atmosphere and much more are the main features which they will make you love this game!

I have to agree... its not perfect by anymeans(no game is), but playing with friends is great, im enjoying it A LOT, and I mean lot! Almost like the good ol'WE days.
IMHO EA is heading in the right direction, what they did for the shooting in this game compared to Fifa10 is imense for me, the goal variaty issue is gone now.

Seriously does the CPU always use that damn cross-from-anywhere-with-anyone-to-anyones-head when I need a goal. It drives me fucking insane when I'm working my ass off to score and they equalise in this manner.

Yes, it always uses it.

Also on semi my passes seem to go to the opposition in the final third particularly on World class and Legendary...is it me or is it programmed this way. I keep seeing these gaps to slip one through but it just goes in the wrong direction.

Yes, it is scripted this way.

I gonna have to second Winston's points. I've only played the demo and even there I was able to see both of these things far too often. That crazy whipped in cross that results in one of those deflection type "lift it up and over the keeper" headers were really getting on my nerves (I mean, they happen faster than you can blink and your CBs won't do anything about it on their own) and I can't believe that they've actually manufactured errant passes in such a blatant manner.

People complained about passes on assisted being to accurate so what do they do? Just straight up make you pass to the wrong person for no reason at all even if your player has control and has time to make the pass. They could at least make that happen if you're under pressure (but really, they need to get rid of fucking assists in all forms).

commentary:

welcome to johannesburg, it's scandinavian town tonight, packed with supporters from denmark and holland!

yeah, right :SHOCK::CONFUSE::P

In some aspects the game is miles ahead of FIFA 10, in others it's gone backwards.

Dribbling is actually fantastic once mastered, I've ripped online players to shreds with decent dribblers, first time I've been able to do that with a FIFA game. And I don't mean just outpacing them, I mean weaving in and out, tangling defenders legs before jetting off. Not with just the best players either, can be achieved with the likes of Stoch from Slovakia or even Lua Lua for Congo.

Reaction times and ball control is a lot better, players take less time to bring the ball down and makes the game infinitely less frustrating in that respect.

Unfortunately, it's also developed more of an Arcade style than simulation. The pitch seems to have shrunk a bit, which is odd after finally getting it right in FIFA 10. The speed is a little too fast and defences are STILL far too high up the pitch, meaning all too often you can't change players quick enough to reposition a defender before getting outpaced by the likes of Torres etc. I do like how quick players can't be caught easily, but the slow reaction time of player switching makes them a nightmare at times. Also the Computer AI is still absolutely woeful making offline matches a pointless affair.

Shootings a lot better, scored some absolute belters, one on ones are neither too easy or too hard. Lot more variety of goals scored than in other games.

All in all it's much more fun than FIFA 10, but I don't like how they've taken an Arcade route over a Simulation one, hopefully that reverts for FIFA 11 whist still retaining the ability to dribble.

I'm surprised you think that about the pitches danny? They haven't changed as far as I can see, but most people's impression up till now was (I thought) that the pitch was bigger if anything?

In either case I'm almost 100% sure the pitches have not changed size since 10 (which in turn was the same as 09). The perceived difference everyone feels from game to game is actually down to the gameplay being played on the pitch - player speed, positioning, responsiveness etc etc - rather than the physical dimensions of the pitch itself.

I've been playing with Tele, default camera zoom (maybe a bit further out) and as high up as possible. This is much more like the perspective you have in PES, and it makes you realise that the pitch is bigger than you thought.

I've been yelling at the screen over this for some time now. The AI 'catch-up' phenomenon occurs far too often and has for the past few years. In my qualifying stage, particularly when away, the AI gets into this, 'ok it's time to score' mode and will either play in a crazy header or land a ridiculous shot perfectly. They may slow down, but if I score again they often will too right away.

As for the passing bug- It happens to me mostly if I have a player near sideline running perpendicular and try to pass somewhat behind a player near the box where there are acres of space for the ball to be safely played. I'll even hold straight up to try to make sure it will go into this safe area. But, it's clearly scripted as it works 0% percent of the time. I do not believe they should do completely away assisted elements as the game will simply become 'who can fill up the bar the best'; there still needs to be randomness associated with stats (of who's on the ball, who's pressuring that person etc). To not ever be able to make this pass in 3 different iterations is inexcusable and downright lazy.

With the passing, do you mean that you aim at a player, but the pass goes in front of the player, which tends to be where a defender is positioned? This is something I've been annoyed at for a while. I use semi passing so I expect to be able to angle the pass behind my receiver so he has to stop to get the ball, but have found the pass still going in front of him.

I'm surprised you think that about the pitches danny? They haven't changed as far as I can see, but most people's impression up till now was (I thought) that the pitch was bigger if anything?

In either case I'm almost 100% sure the pitches have not changed size since 10 (which in turn was the same as 09). The perceived difference everyone feels from game to game is actually down to the gameplay being played on the pitch - player speed, positioning, responsiveness etc etc - rather than the physical dimensions of the pitch itself.

I've been playing with Tele, default camera zoom (maybe a bit further out) and as high up as possible. This is much more like the perspective you have in PES, and it makes you realise that the pitch is bigger than you thought.

The pitch is bigger, Simon Humber even said before release they would increase it.

Back
Top Bottom