2010 FIFA World Cup

Agreed.

Apart from gay chipping in 10 and assisted pussies (which I try to avoid like the plague), I don't get why people go so overboard and overanalyse things. The game can be frustrating at times but I don't let the majority of it get to me so much.

Some of you just need to chill out a bit. It's never going to be perfect and you could always go setup your own company and show everybody how easy it is to make a footy game.

I agree with you and pboreham. Though the awkward AI of all players can indeed be atrocious at times and most definitely needs a huge overhaul cause it's pissing me off as well sometimes, there's still way too much fun to be had here. I'd never think of abandoning the game completely or even call it "fucked up shit" just because of that. Yeah, it's a major con, but in my opinion it's the only real major gripe to be found in the gameplay department. They pretty much nailed many of the other important gameplay aspects, so I'd definitely attest they're on the right track with FIFA in general.

But it's such a big problem that it renders the rest of the game useless for me. What's the point in playing if I know that every match I'm going to concede goals through no fault of my own?

Some of you just need to chill out a bit. It's never going to be perfect and you could always go setup your own company and show everybody how easy it is to make a footy game.

Yes it will, and it will be called PES 2011 :BOP:

Im suprised PES is still getting stick, 11 looks superb from what we've seen (and read) so far.

Well, we haven't actually seen anything yet so to say that it looks great is kind of weird IMO. It's a lot harder to produce a game than to write a press release. I'm actually surprised so many is buying the hype without actually seeing anything.

Well, we haven't actually seen anything yet so to say that it looks great is kind of weird IMO. It's a lot harder to produce a game than to write a press release. I'm actually surprised so many is buying the hype without actually seeing anything.

Seconded. It's mental that people are giving Konami a comparatively free ride based on a press release. Will FIFA 11 get equal treatment when it announces it can make all your dreams come true, too, aka, for you?

Im suprised PES is still getting stick, 11 looks superb from what we've seen (and read) so far.

People keep saying that footage is ingame. That WILL NOT be the view people play in so everyone falling for that hype is nuts.

I'll wait to see what I think as I pay no attention to what any reviewer says anyway. The only thing that matters to me is what I think of it.

I'm not giving it any stick as I hope it's good. I have my doubts though but would happily be proved wrong.

Agreed.

Apart from gay chipping in 10 and assisted pussies (which I try to avoid like the plague), I don't get why people go so overboard and overanalyse things. The game can be frustrating at times but I don't let the majority of it get to me so much.

Ive never understood the draw of online gaming in Fifa, never. It causes so much upheaval and generally leaves everyone miserable. With footy games, it should be mates vs mates or offline.

Theres always going to be those that cheat and exploit to win, at least 90% do and the other 10% who just want to play fair get trodden on. Offline is pretty decent inho, not perfect but no game will ever will be.

I just dont understand the moaning. Maybe some of you just play it far too much and get so good at it that the flaws jump out and it becomes less enjoyable or easier to play, i dunno.

People seem to have a big moan on every release nowadays.

I'd like every team to stop trying to play like Arsenal by walking it into the net and actually try some shots from the edge of the area every now and again.

People seem to have a big moan on every release nowadays.

*snigger*

The more football games advance the more complex they pretty much have to become. The animation setup FIFA has built up in conjunction with as near as dammit a 360 degree control scheme is a technical tour de force; it's madness to expect PES to get up to that standard in one year, or a year and a bit. It's unrealistic and is setting PES up for a fall. Similarly it's not easy for EA to completely overhaul their game technology like they have; the reason why FIFA 10 was so flawed in my opinion is because there is a LOT of work that has to go into that technology; if there wasn't then Konami wouldn't have gone with godawful animations and a hilariously bad 360 control scheme over the past few years when everyone could see how bad they were.

FIFA 10 was lopsided in terms of the workload spent on it; now that most of the technology is in place (though they could do with improving the player interactions) EA should be in a position to work on the meat of the game itself.

The problem is the AI faults or frailties is probably a better term are so deep in the code EA themselves have said they would need a near re-write to fix. that's not going to happen for another year maybe two or three so I can't see any amount of bells and whistles painting over those cracks...

Has anyone else found it significantly harder to score on this compared to FIFA10?

I usually try to roll the shots in, but the keepers seem to save them and when I try to hammer it, it usually misses the target.

Just the opposite, in mfull manual scoring is a joy, I've scored wonderful goals and finishers are just awesome. The best game in history to that matter.

Now, if they could only add to that a decent AI, decent tactic options, decent tackling system, decent depiction of skill in the game without being shoved the ball by oncoming trains... and make stats count more, then it would be worse than the best drug in the world.

Well, the honeymoon has worn off and it's now evident that this game is absolute fucking shit. Basically just what I said earlier about a complete lack of footballing knowledge from the rest of my AI team, the fact that defending is fucking abysmal as players just do random turns when you're trying to track a man or run after a ball. It's just seriously piss poor. EA have just completely fucked everything up. Useless bunch of cunts yet again.

Stop stealing my lines!

Just the opposite, in mfull manual scoring is a joy, I've scored wonderful goals and finishers are just awesome. The best game in history to that matter.

Now, if they could only add to that a decent AI, decent tactic options, decent tackling system, decent depiction of skill in the game without being shoved the ball by oncoming trains... and make stats count more, then it would be worse than the best drug in the world.

Yeah, it's a strange game in that the good points really are good, yet the flaws are, at times, overbearing....really bad.

Some matches are a joy virtually from start to end, yet others are smothered by the atrocious defensive gameplay, cpu cheats and risible AI.

Well, the honeymoon has worn off and it's now evident that this game is absolute fucking shit. Basically just what I said earlier about a complete lack of footballing knowledge from the rest of my AI team, the fact that defending is fucking abysmal as players just do random turns when you're trying to track a man or run after a ball. It's just seriously piss poor. EA have just completely fucked everything up. Useless bunch of cunts yet again.

it is shit. same game as fifa 10.

Thanks for your usual extensive in-depth analysis on this one, jonney. Much appreciated.

Downloaded the FIFA World Cup Demo - had to turn all the assisted stuff down to semi-assisted (it wasn't shooting where I wanted it to and passes were un-realistically getting to players every time)

The crowd scenes could be turned off which was good (interupts flow), but couldn't find a way to turn off Manager cut scenes. Got sick of seeing a manager with hand on chin pacing up and down.

Pro Evo 2010 was a grower for me, and I love it heaps now. Maybe I am biased, but I gave EA's offering a decent amount of games to assess.

Thanks for your usual extensive in-depth analysis on this one, jonney. Much appreciated.

I've already said why. the gameplay is the same as fifa 10 imo. graphics and atmosphere are slightly better but thats about it. Is that extensive enough mate?

Plus £40 for the whole lot? thats really taking the P. Less content, less game modes? Bargain for £40.

i just brought GTA liberty city stories for £17. now thats a bargain

Last edited:
I've already said why. the gameplay is the same as fifa 10 imo. graphics and atmosphere are slightly better but thats about it. Is that extensive enough mate?

That's like double the amount of words you've used before. So yeah, totally extensive enough, you should try journalism.

I think all the assisted nobheads and exploit bellends must have bought World Cup 2010, because playing FIFA10 the past few days has been a pleasure! I've even played a few matches Charlton and a few matches as Blackpool against opposition in the same league!

Back
Top Bottom