2010 FIFA World Cup

anyone else thinks the game is still way to fast even on slow??

Or maybe i am just getting old and slow.

It's an arcade game what do you expect :SMUG:

No but really, it is way too fast even on slow.

Last edited:
You are wrong becuasue not only highlights does well in PES but graphics, faces looks nice too. Placebo let's wait a few months.
x2

Graphics on FIFA look pretty shite. Kits look crap, faces look crap.

Oh, and the nets aren't as good as PES! :PP

I have a suggestion on the pressure logic:

Current---->New
Primary Pressure---->Ball winning button. If you are close to the ball your player will attempt to win it whether an opponent player is holding it (may result in a foul if badly timed) or the ball is running loose. Use jokey button for better timing of your tackle.

Secondary Pressure---->Call for a player to cover you by trying to stay close to you if the opponent gets past.

L2+Right Stick---->Lean on the other player running with you and should require timing or it would result in a foul. You won't need to drop the running button + left stick.

This sounds interesting to me but maybe unpractical to some. Do you think this scheme would work? Would it help if the primary pressure button would make your player "forward axis" toward the his point of intersection with the moving ball? (That's if he is too far and you need to get to the ball as quick as possible.)

Last edited:
Quick question on something I've never been quite able to figure out:

If me and someone else who is on the same system/tv as me want to play an online game 2 v 2, how do we go about doing so?

Quick question on something I've never been quite able to figure out:

If me and someone else who is on the same system/tv as me want to play an online game 2 v 2, how do we go about doing so?

If you check the back cover of the box, you will notice that this game is not playbale (online) with more than the classic 1VS1.
Shitty idea, I don't get why they made this.

That's not true, you can press Y on the online team select screen to add a guest and play 2v1 or 2v2 if the other team has a guest too.

I was playing online a few moments ago and just had two silly bugs take place. I'm 2-1 up playing Paraguay v Argentina, one of my defenders gets pressure from Messi so I play the ball back to the keeper. Just as Messi starts chasing the ball the keeper dives on the ground and picks the ball up (that's a back-pass!), Messi runs towards him then jumps over (no foul). Referee blows for a penalty and sends my keeper off!! :RANT:

Thankfully the guy I was playing hadn't mastered the new penalty system and skied his penalty over, and I held out to win. I know FIFA 10 had some faults but not as bad as this?

That's not true, you can press Y on the online team select screen to add a guest and play 2v1 or 2v2 if the other team has a guest too.

Do you mean there is a way to play a classic 2VS2 match from 4 different consoles? Or just me and my friend from mine and you and your friend from yours?

Thankfully the guy I was playing hadn't mastered the new penalty system and skied his penalty over
Speaking of pens, I had a pen awarded to me and it was the old system, like how you take pens in Fifa09. The next time I got one it was the new system.

Do you mean there is a way to play a classic 2VS2 match from 4 different consoles? Or just me and my friend from mine and you and your friend from yours?

I mean me and my friend from my console and you and your friend from yours.

Thanks for the answers guys - so basically you would have to create or find a 2 v 2 lobby.... if any of you guys are on 360 and want some 2v2, let me know :)

Well, the honeymoon has worn off and it's now evident that this game is absolute fucking shit. Basically just what I said earlier about a complete lack of footballing knowledge from the rest of my AI team, the fact that defending is fucking abysmal as players just do random turns when you're trying to track a man or run after a ball. It's just seriously piss poor. EA have just completely fucked everything up. Useless bunch of cunts yet again.

Spot the guy on a losing streak! :P

There are some pretty big defensive errors left over from FIFA 10 - in fact, most of them are still there. It's why I've been playing mostly offline so it's not too much of a problem because you're playing against someone who doesn't learn the defence's weakness or how to draw it out. I've had some great manual and semi-assisted games against one guy online, but otherwise I don't feel compelled to play randoms at all.

I've actually been having a really good time of it offline - again, semi assisted (manual throughies) vs Legendary. England, Scotland and Portugal are all doing well; Bosnia less so.

Scored this as Portugal vs Denmark - brilliant solo work from Nani, nice little manual backheel for Raul Meireiles (sp) to slot the ball away in the far post.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/19995332

Last edited:
But I don't want to play offline against the CPU, because that is also shit imo. CPU cannot replicate the emotions and decision making of a human opponent. I want to play online, and I just want the game to work on a basic level, which defending and attacking are. Is that really too much to ask?

Well, the honeymoon has worn off and it's now evident that this game is absolute fucking shit. Basically just what I said earlier about a complete lack of footballing knowledge from the rest of my AI team, the fact that defending is fucking abysmal as players just do random turns when you're trying to track a man or run after a ball. It's just seriously piss poor. EA have just completely fucked everything up. Useless bunch of cunts yet again.

Thats it - you WERE the guy in the YouTube vid and I claim my £5!

I must be getting old... its not *that* bad and despite its 'FIFA' faults, its still the most playable game of football of this generation.

Heres hoping FIFA11 improves on the AI a bit, or PES11 steps up to the plate, or we've got another 12 months of.

"FIFA IS SUPERB!!!" (days later) "FIFA IS FUCKING SHIT!"

And

"PES IS GOING TO BE SUPERB!!!!" (days later) "PES IS FUCKING SHIT AGAIN"

I rented the game and in 2 days I got sick of it. Same atrocious AI has broken the game. Playing manua 1 vs 1 is the best mode for me, but crippled by a infamous AI.

All the great ball physics (they have improved them a lot for good) make the final third of the pitch a blast when attacking. The rest of the game is, in my oppinion, worse than in fifa 10.

Your copy of World Cup 2010 by the sounds of it..

There's no composure bar then? Are you not skying the ball when you hold a direction? Play the Penalty Shootout Practice option from the main menu and see what sort of pens you take.

Make sure you have the Player Bar visible at the bottom. If you do have that and still can't see the composure bar then it looks like just another bug in this game.

Your copy of World Cup 2010 by the sounds of it..

There's no composure bar then? Are you not skying the ball when you hold a direction? Play the Penalty Shootout Practice option from the main menu and see what sort of pens you take.

Make sure you have the Player Bar visible at the bottom. If you do have that and still can't see the composure bar then it looks like just another bug in this game.

It's a known issue to do with your HUD selection in set up, another foik up from EA, change your HUD selections it's something to do with the name bar I think?... :DOH:

Thats it - you WERE the guy in the YouTube vid and I claim my £5!

I must be getting old... its not *that* bad and despite its 'FIFA' faults, its still the most playable game of football of this generation.

Heres hoping FIFA11 improves on the AI a bit, or PES11 steps up to the plate, or we've got another 12 months of.

"FIFA IS SUPERB!!!" (days later) "FIFA IS FUCKING SHIT!"

And

"PES IS GOING TO BE SUPERB!!!!" (days later) "PES IS FUCKING SHIT AGAIN"

Agreed.

Apart from gay chipping in 10 and assisted pussies (which I try to avoid like the plague), I don't get why people go so overboard and overanalyse things. The game can be frustrating at times but I don't let the majority of it get to me so much.

Some of you just need to chill out a bit. It's never going to be perfect and you could always go setup your own company and show everybody how easy it is to make a footy game.

Back
Top Bottom