2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

the screens look like that new film wallace and gromit the players look like there made out of that mad playdo stuff

Apart from Sven looking like a half-human half-mole creature with perfect teeth, I have to admit I am amazed.

If Konami come up with graphics half as good as these... Jesus. I know it's been said before but I don't think I'd leave the house again (or at least I wouldn't watch a football match again, I'd just play them all instead).

Anyone who doesn't agree that the graphics in this game are outstanding is either gay, retarded or a women.

PS, recognise the arse booking Ronaldinho?

fifa06_screen_04.jpg

fifa06_screen_03.jpg

fifa06_screen_02.jpg

fifa06_screen_05.jpg

fifa06_screen_06.jpg

fifa06_screen_07.jpg

fifa06_screen_10.jpg

Last edited:

Don't be stupid it looks shite!! Look at the length of the grass, the basketball shorts and the way the players stand and stuff. I mean look at the state of the shadows ffs on the last pic. It's fuckin terrible! The player likeness are poor in my opinion, they should be photo realistic, but there not.

If Konami's attempt looks like this I won't like it either, and you can quote me on that. I know for a fact it will play crap too, if you don't think it will your living in the land of make believe with leprechauns and fairies and magic unicorns!

You can see from the videos how fifa 06 it looks, but some of you are just enjoying the looks. Which is exactly what there trying to do, there not promoting gameplay just trying to give people some eye candy.

cowden_harley said:
to be fair i think theyve done what they can in a short space of time and have managed to get a game out. unlike konami.

I would rather Konami take their time and make a proper game with decent gameplay then bring out a half assed attempt like EA are doing. They have so much more power to work with yet all they've concentrated on is tryin to make it look good. But they've just over-exgerrated with the gfx and gameplay will still be shite. No I've not played it, but watch a video of fifa 06 then watch the vids of this. Same shit different day!

Last edited:

Grass is too long? I think you're getting a bit too used to PES's snooker table pitches :mrgreen:

We all know the game play in this game will be no better than FIFA 06 on Xbox, but who cares? FIFA's just a simple/fun/arcadey knock about, and those graphics are some of the best we've seen on 360.

Konami would do well to get their next-gen graphics engine looking anywhere near as good as that.

Last edited:

Christ man if you think that grass is normal then there's no point in even discussing things with ya. Have you ever been to or even a watched a real footy match. If you have and you still think that grass is normal then.........:shock:

Unless you've sat on the front row of a stadium, or have been watching football on a HDTV (no signal yet anyway), then you really can't judge that can you?

fifa06_screen_11.jpg

756_0005.jpg

I'd say the grass length was perfect.

Last edited:

You don't play with that view though do ya lol.

I know what length the grass is supposed to be, and the grass is tooooo long. I mean look at the other pics not the close up ones. Why add a new picture?? I'm talking bout the ones you've already posted!!!

Grass length is perfect. Have you every been to a football match, mattster? :mrgreen:

I hate the way people are gunning Fifa just because it's Fifa. If these were PES screens I bet u'd all go mad.

No I wouldn't, whats to go mad about??? I think it looks shit, not cos it's EA but cos it does. Just cos people don't like it doesn't mean there reason is cos it's EA does it. I've gave a number of reasons why, I haven't just said "yeh it's shit cos it's EA" have I? I've told you why.

The grass is too long anyone can see that, but I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Well the grass length is perfect on those 2 close ups, as for the other screens it's too far away to see anyway.

Seriously, arguing over grass length is fucking stupid.

Get a grip chaps, nobody's played it, and you really cant say from those few screens.

Milanista said:
Graphics of the faces are good, but I think theyre innacurate. Dida looks more like Bouma than Dida.
dida2ef.jpg

That's just picking fault for the sake of picking fault, besides, players from those screens like Terry, gerrard and Ashley Cole look far far more accurate than on PES5, regardless of the extra power the 360 gives.

No they don't lol. My Terry I made for ps2 looks better than their attempt. Alot of the likenesses are poor, we have better looking faces on current gen pes/we. The texture looks great but similaritys are not good, and should be alot better

those screens look fantastic. look at stevie gerrard in the gameplay screen!!! he looks like a chav car thief in the game too!

I really cant wait to play this game!!! I know we're all arguing like women but in the end its each to their own and i can't wait.

Last edited:

mattster12 said:
I haven't just said "yeh it's shit cos it's EA" have I? I've told you why.

Because the grass is too long?? Because the players don't look right (which is clearly a load of bollocks, as these are as close to real in a football game as we can get, until PES6 anyway)?

I think the term for this is fanboy ie. writing a game off before even picking up the pad and playing it.

It's not slagging off the game I'm bothered about, the game play may turn out to be crap, just like other FIFAs. But how on Earth can someone say the graphics look crap, fan boys ruin forums!

Look I don't like the graphics and it's not just me others don't either. The shorts look ridiculous, the grass is too long in my opinion, the lighing looks crap like the shadows for example. The players shirts and shit look like play-doh and the player likenesses are poor. If you think that looks like real life then what kinda fuckin world do you live in lol? I have my own eyes and know what I see.

This doesn't make me a fanboy lol, as i've stated if Konami's effort looks like this i'll be very disappointed. I'm free to give my view on it and I don't like it way over-exagerrated with the gfx.

But some blokes are attracted to fat birds, some to slim birds. People see things differently like we are now.

I was GOING to buy a 360,but overall the system is VERY expensive.

i own a GC a PS2 a DS and a new PSP(which I'm starting to play in bed)

the credit i would get for these systems toward a new 360 with one wireless controller is very little. i'd still have to pay out of pocket,so. right now i don't care what even EA do because honestly it's too earlty to get the system for me.

i really think topic should be a arguement towards konami's LAX when it comes to developing a new game for the PS3 OR 360. they've shown nothing and ONLY hinted at what they might coe out with. remeberIF they come out next gen with a new WE then it will look like the fmvs that are always in the beginning of the WE games as intros.

So then...You have to ask yourself compared to THOSE intros how does this fifa look up against it?

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/195/FIFAWC06x360SCRNgameplay12.jpg

i can't nearly see a difference to fifa 06.it looks sharper, but it could look like that on pc for 2 or 3 years now allready.
surely the graphics are a big step up from fifa 05, but only because 05 is on standards of 2001 or 2002.:roll:

close ups look really decent, but how often do i play with my camera glued onto ronaldinhos head?

i want details from FAR away...just look at the goal+net...

I have to say i partly agree with Mattster, although his obsession over long grass makes him sound like a lawnmower salesman!!!

Some of his points are very valid. I grant that some of the close-ups of the faces are very impressive, but the lighting is pretty hideous. Just check out the Return of the Living Dead referee... even Michael Jackson doesn't look THAT pale!!! The players also look plasticky too. OK... they added some "sweat" effects, but Ronaldhino's arm looks positively SHINY.

More importantly, there are major problems in terms of realism regarding in-game player forms. You have to look at the player's body as a whole.. does the player look NATURAL? To me, FIFA has always looked as if the players' head & limbs were attached to the body like you stick lego together... doesn't anyone see how unnatural the running looks? In WE, with it's lower resolution gfx, they players feel WHOLE, and they show proper balance in their form... which makes the players look more realistic (despite the poorer textures). Check the direction of gaze in FIFA games too... the AI is such that they seem to be running without being aware of the player with the ball, which makes the illusion of reality less convincing...

To conclude, it feels like this with FIFA gfx...
1) Stick photo-realistic head onto body
2) Stick arms onto body
3) Stick legs onto body
4) Stick player 1 on screen
5) Stick player 2 on screen

As a former art student, it takes more than hi-resolution gfx to make the gfx REALISTIC... realism is more about players' forms appearing natural, displaying balance, with players appearing to display awareness of the situation around them...

.... that's why WE is better...

PS... and the grass is shorter ;)

player animations in that vid sucks big ass ... they turn like robots and ball's physic is the worst. EA should fired those guys who make soccer games looks terrible, hire some better coders ...

In the end of the 1up video the main player said exactly the right thing

not exact words but you get the hint

"More real looking more real feeling...

Noted said:
I couldnt give a flying feck about gameplay with graphics like that :D:D

you have a lot to learn, son... :lmao:

cowden_harley said:
i just meant that if you start that argument again your a moron. because nobody knows how it plays. to the person that says it looks rubbish, stills do no justice more fool you if you think thats rubbish.

you're right - nobody knows how it plays...

but you can bet your life it will play like the bag of shite that it always has!

Back
Top Bottom