2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

The guy in the video even says they haven't made any gameplay changes lol. So it's gonna play like fifa 06 just like I thought, what a load of shit. So now we know cos the guy told us lol

although, i have to add - i am also expecting pes6 not to be able to live up to the hype on xbox 360.

just like the original iss was flawed (too easy with through balls) on the ps1 and the original pes was complete and utter tripe on the ps2, and the psp version of winning eleven isn't that great - it always takes a year to get the game right - pes6 will just be a good building block...

MonkeyJug said:
although, i have to add - i am also expecting pes6 not to be able to live up to the hype on xbox 360.

just like the original iss was flawed (too easy with through balls) on the ps1 and the original pes was complete and utter tripe on the ps2, and the psp version of winning eleven isn't that great - it always takes a year to get the game right - pes6 will just be a good building block...

Really? I think it's the best game on the psp, although I haven't played GTA_LCS yet. But I think they've done a great job on the psp version for their first attempt.

I mean I think Konami have the gameplay pretty much nailed down, so with some improvements and the better gfx it will have I think it'll be awesome. Cos thats Konami's achilles heal.....presentation. I doubt the gameplay will actually be worse than what we have in the latest versions.

mattster12 said:
The guy in the video even says they haven't made any gameplay changes lol. So it's gonna play like fifa 06 just like I thought, what a load of shit. So now we know cos the guy told us lol

i thought i heard him say that they have made the gameplay more like winning eleven and that it was more simulation than arcade now????

Do you have that selective hearing syndrome? Im talking about the 1up vid sorry if thats not what your refering to.

yeah cowden i thought he said that EA is gonna now try to get the we crowd onto fifa more by making it more gameplay focused but i think Fifa RTTWC is far away from that still and maybe next games will try and focus on the WE mentality of gameplay...

cowden_harley said:
i thought i heard him say that they have made the gameplay more like winning eleven and that it was more simulation than arcade now????

Do you have that selective hearing syndrome? Im talking about the 1up vid sorry if thats not what your refering to.

Ok watch it again around the 8 min mark and listen to what he says. He says

"your not gonna see any great gameplay changes"

His words not mine, this to me means the gameplay is gonna be like fifa 06. Then he says they've tried to make it more like WE. But he contradicts himself, surely if it played like anything like WE this would be a major gameply change.

It's BS man, I can guarantee the gameplay will be shit. So what if I ain't played it, it's not me being a fanboy. It's me takin into account things I've seen , heard and EA's previous games. If you really think the gameplay is gonna be anywhere near WE/PES your fuckin kidding yourselves lol.

Last edited:

fair play mate. Ive replayed it and he does say that. I apologise.

But he does condradict himself in the vid. Canadians what do they now about SOOOCER.:lol:

cowden_harley said:
Canadians what do they now about SOOOCER.:lol:
i agree with this and IM canadian. #-o
i only kno a few ppl that play WE. everyone else plays FIFA :-#.

Well, the players in that latest 1UP vid when look horrendously bad.

Sure the detail is nice at time and they look more real than current-gen... well, if real means looking like you are made of plastic.

The lighting is horrible.

P-dogg said:
well, if real means looking like you are made of plastic.

The lighting is horrible.

ye i think the player models just look sooo bad, you woudn't be faulted if you think that this is the first football game EA has made...ever!!!!... i mean it's that bad :(
gameplay wise, the only visible changes i think they'v made IMO is some more animations added like passing and player movements etc...... anyone see kaka shoot!!!! :shock: (in the other videos) felt like the keeper punched the ball before he even hit it!! :( :roll: shocking programing/animations......

Right then all, ive got my flame proof suit on and here i go

I played FIFA 06:RTWC today at the Lighthouse in Glasgow, I was one of the very first batch at 12 midday that got to play the 360 in Britain(i thank you!).

Anyway, this game looks amazing, the videos don't do it justice. Also the AI and gameplay are far better than FIFA 06 current gen(honestly). This will surprise a few to say the least. Im no FIFA fanboy either having imported the last three Winning Eleven's. This is a corking game.

Heres some more reviews for your reading -

PGR3 - The vids do not do this game justice! Amazing graphics fluid and responsive gameplay. Keeps its playability and looks fantastic. 10/10 in the wow factor

DOA4 - Graphics are superb again vids do no justice! Great fun to play.

COD2 - Great graphics and great to play, can see this being a hit!

TIGER WOODS 06 - Surprisingly really really good. Looks amazing as expected but the gameplay is fun but still unforgiving, could see this being a surprise live favourite.

FIFA 06 RTWC - Plays much better than FIFA 06 Current Gen, AI is much improved and it also looks fantastic, was pleasantly surprised.

CONDEMNED - Looks and plays well, a deep and involving game that will hook people i've no doubt.

HARDWARE - Machine looks fantastic and the new dashboard etc are inovative and colourful, making the more boring tasks lively. The controller was amazing, very light, very comfortable and natural, definately better than the S-Pad. Can't think of anything else but if I do i'll update you all.

Overall I'm very excited about gettting mine now and videos definately don't do it justice, worth getting to a roadshow if you can as it will blow you away! I've still not calmed down!

Some of you will probably have read this in the 360 thread, but I was also there and had a shot of FIFA.

Looks nice, that's about it. Still plays like a total dog compared to Pro Evo.

Clasic as much as i agree its not pro evo. it never will be, its just something different which aint a bad thing. i liked the game and the I think EA deserve some credit given that its next-gens first outing.

seen some more screenies, not that impressive only just makes me more eager to see what Konami will do with this beasts of consoles for next-gen.... ;)

Konami aren't reknowned for bringing the best out of machines. The slowdown on hte PS2 for PES2 & PES3 was worse than it is for PES5 and now the graphics are better and there's a referee on the field!

So it took them 3 years to work out how to eliminate slowdown! Even now it's not totally gone.

Don't expect Konami to come out with a mindblowing supersmooth graphical experience first time out because it won't happen. You'd think that with the processing power avaialble to them they couldn't go wrong but people thought that with the PS2. PES2 plays like crap on some camera angles and is over 3 years old and the PS2 has been pushed far greater graphically since then.

Also, there is no 100% final tech. spec. for the PS3 yet so work on a PS3 version of the game won't begin until the machine is ready. You hvae to have the core chip set (which the final machine will have as a minimum) to be able to work on the game and at the moment, Sony still haven't 100% decided on what graphics processor to use and whether they are gonna run into problems just having one 3.2ghz processor or to follow the XBox360 model of having three of them.

Don't expect a great WE/PES game on the PS3 until 2008 (which gives them just over one full year to work out the system). As long as they don't get pissy with their effort on the 360 (which they've had the core chip set for over 4 months already to program on), we should see a decent WE/PES by late Summer 2006.

As for FIFA, I don't expect that to be mindblowing until the FIFA 07 release in Fall 06. But still, at least we'll have something to play for a while.

Looks crap but what else did you expect.

Bloody EA

ive played this and its better than it looks. and plays good.

Ive not taken any penalties on it though.:lol:

Last edited:

cowden_harley said:
ive played this and its better than it looks. and plays good.

Ive not taken any penalties on it though.:lol:

Hope your right.

Cant wait for this 360 tour thing

I know im super sad for noticing this, but Gerrard and Lampard were wearing the new Adidas Predator Absolutes. Probably the only highlight of the video as it was really poor.

The animation for shooting and hitting long balls was shocking :(

cowden_harley said:
those pk's did look poor. Ive never seen good pk's since super soccer on the snes to be honest.
Ahhhhh...Super Soccer. What a classic.

that looks well realistic can you imagine what it will look like on the
ps3

5 new gameplay vids on gamespot.com.

Looks quality I wil definately be buying this first.

Presentation and commentry seems very good, according to the reviews the game play is rather poor. This gives a good idea as to what we can expect from PES/WE NEXT next gen.

PS, love the anthems :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom