2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

For friendlies it only plays the home team's, the intro starts half way through too.

Expect WC2006 to play both in full (optional).

Milanista said:
How come we only heard England and not Germany's? I hope its not only a thing for England!

i agree, would kinda suck.

but the whole atmosphere just rocks.seeing the face of sven, than klinsmann's, the stadium guy telling the line up, commentary in front of the background sounds...it really looks awesome i gotta admit.

JayM said:
Got 7/10 from 1UP.com. :|

you know what ALOT of the 360 games are scoring low. madden 06 got a simple 8.0. it's really bad. here you pay 400plus for the system and the grphics don't even wow the reviewers . i'm tellin you i'm sticking to handheld's,they have a stopping point when it comes to graphics that make the gameplay more important. I'll wait for the next gen WE/PES but right now 400 is way to much for this game and a system.

Not only that, but you dont even get the full quality of the graphics unless youve got HDTV which is another 300+.

BumperMan you've changed your tune a bit mate eh? ;)

8.0 isn't technically a low score, it's just not 'AAA'. IGN has a bad habit of scoring games far too highly (how often do you see them score below 6?), maybe they're changing the way they give their scores.

This HD 'problem' won't affect you if you don't play it on a HD in the first place, you won't know what you're missing. It's if you play it in HD then go back and play it in normal definition, you'll notice.

IGN have given FIFA = 6.9 the full review is here

6.5 Graphics
Nice animations and player models. Too many blank faces. The canned cutscenes look great but awful replay framerate kills what should be the best looking part of the game.

Ouch.

Here especially:

3.5 Lasting Appeal
Other than taking a different team to the World Cup, there is really no great reason to continue playing this game after the initial fun is over.

Why can't we just get a decent football game for a new console, I'll still probably end up getting this becuase I'm a sucker who needs his football game fix.

If you are getting the hard drive with your 360 you can download a playable demo of FIFA on release day, so don't rush out and buy it without trying that.

The review doesn't mention online play at all, it says there are only three modes; Tournament, Practice and RTWC. I thought one of the things Microsoft mentioned was all 360 games had to be Live-enabled? Maybe I got mixed up with them saying they all had to support high-definition but I'm amazed it appears this is being released without online play.

"The gameplay is good old FIFA at heart and, while more difficult, is still enjoyable and simple."

That's enough for me, there is no way I'm touching this with a ten-foot pole.

Canada not in it and they designed the fucking game lmao.

Oh my word EA, what a load of shit. Seriously, this game is an utter disgrace.

Well I'm not surprised, I mean I can understand people wanting to get excited about it cos it's the first footy game on the next gen consoles. But I could see from the the beginning all we were getting was Fifa 2006 with a little facelift.

They could have done so much more and I certainly would have bought it if they'd tried harder. Shame really cos this I feel this was their big chance to steal alot of pes/we fans. Now Konami have time to properly make the next gen pes/we and it'll no doubt blow this away and they'll be set for another 10 years of domination.

Stupid EA!!

ClassicD said:
If you are getting the hard drive with your 360 you can download a playable demo of FIFA on release day, so don't rush out and buy it without trying that.

The review doesn't mention online play at all, it says there are only three modes; Tournament, Practice and RTWC. I thought one of the things Microsoft mentioned was all 360 games had to be Live-enabled? Maybe I got mixed up with them saying they all had to support high-definition but I'm amazed it appears this is being released without online play.

"The gameplay is good old FIFA at heart and, while more difficult, is still enjoyable and simple."

That's enough for me, there is no way I'm touching this with a ten-foot pole.

Online play is mentioned right at the end of the review. but I must admit I'm gutted, even though i haven't played FIFA for years albeit a few games on 2005 I need my football fix, and was hoping this would tide me over but I really should have known better and will be sticking Pro Evo 5 in my 360. The wait continues for the real next gen footy title, roll on Konami.

I think the whole point in taking any notice of this game is the graphics, like I said, it giges a good idea of the graphical standard to expect from next gen PES/WE.

The animations look poor I must admit I dont like the kicking animations at all, some of the graphics impress me but not all, NBA 2006 looks stunning and better graphically than FIFA does. We will have to wait to see what WE10 and PES6 look like.

DJ

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

OPM said:
just look at this:

FIFA06_RTFWC_shot1_X05lg.jpg

i'd take pes5 a thousand times over this bullshit.
Zidane IS looking rather deformed there!

well guess all the hype is now tripe loll, knew this would be pants. launch consider

call of duty
PGR 3
Condemed (soz if spelt wrong)
kameo

forget the rest

You forgot Perfect dark zero. UK XBox Mag gave it 9/10.

Well, I preordered this and tronixweb mailed me telling that the game is coming home. I alse preordered DOA4 and PD0.

Vieo review at IGN, might be old but i dont giva a spoon :p .. anyways nothing really new (as for whats been said on threads here) as most of the points stated here were prolly gotten from IGN.... nuff of the yappin'
clicky clicky linky.
enjoy!!\\:o/

I've played this game today in Media Markt (Eindhoven, Netherlands) the graphics are superb! but the gameplay so poor!!

Let's see, PS3 launch for Europe = Spring '07 (Spring '06 for Asia and Fall '06 for USA) so you'll have until Fall '07 until the first PES incarnation appears on a next gen. machine in Europe! There is no way that any Konami title for the XBox 360 will be anything other than a port from the PS2 version until then. Still, in the States we have to wait until Spring '08 to play a next gen. version of the game so you've got it easy in comparison.

Whoever mentioned WE10 & PES6 were kidding if they think they're going to be available in Europe or the USA on the XBox 360 or PS3. They'll probably be a WE version for the PS3 in Asia next Fall ('06) but for Europe it'll just be PS2 for PES6. It'll be the following year before PES7 hits that a next gen. version will be seen anywhere outside of Asia.

Neither Sony nor Konami really give a flying crap about the market outside of Asia. That's evident with the fact Asia gets 3 versions a year of the game and an early release while Europe gets 1 and the USA gets one almost 7 months after the first Japanese release and only 5 months out from the next new release in Asia.

Freaking joke. If you're happy witing two years for a next gen. version of PES then good luck to you.

TheWolf said:
Let's see, PS3 launch for Europe = Spring '07 (Spring '06 for Asia and Fall '06 for USA) so you'll have until Fall '07 until the first PES incarnation appears on a next gen. machine in Europe! There is no way that any Konami title for the XBox 360 will be anything other than a port from the PS2 version until then. Still, in the States we have to wait until Spring '08 to play a next gen. version of the game so you've got it easy in comparison.

Whoever mentioned WE10 & PES6 were kidding if they think they're going to be available in Europe or the USA on the XBox 360 or PS3. They'll probably be a WE version for the PS3 in Asia next Fall ('06) but for Europe it'll just be PS2 for PES6. It'll be the following year before PES7 hits that a next gen. version will be seen anywhere outside of Asia.

Neither Sony nor Konami really give a flying crap about the market outside of Asia. That's evident with the fact Asia gets 3 versions a year of the game and an early release while Europe gets 1 and the USA gets one almost 7 months after the first Japanese release and only 5 months out from the next new release in Asia.

Freaking joke. If you're happy witing two years for a next gen. version of PES then good luck to you.
Sorry mate, Xbox 360 Winning Eleven (i.e. a version specific to next-gen not a port of the current gen), was announced by Konami about 3 months ago, due for release in Japan in the 4th quarter of 2006.

I want to get Fifa for the xbox 360 because if i get one at crimbo it will be a footy game atleast! But ive just seen a video review on Ign and it sez thats its only 72 teams and u can't unlock club teams and they said that its a filler title and not that much different than 2006 for playstation/xbox i might not get an xbox 360 now coz all the release games are shite!

TheWolf said:

Yeh but I'd rather play with pes/we gameplay on the ps2 than play the bag of shite that is Fifa RTWC. Like I've said looks aren't my main factor I look for in a game...it's gameplay!

ClassicD said:
BumperMan you've changed your tune a bit mate eh? ;)

8.0 isn't technically a low score, it's just not 'AAA'. IGN has a bad habit of scoring games far too highly (how often do you see them score below 6?), maybe they're changing the way they give their scores.

This HD 'problem' won't affect you if you don't play it on a HD in the first place, you won't know what you're missing. It's if you play it in HD then go back and play it in normal definition, you'll notice.

true true about the hd thing but still

Back
Top Bottom