2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Re: FIFA 06 - Road to FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)

Noted said:
Surely the english one will have an English player on the front. Wayne Rooney?
can't agree any better.. the "boy wonder" again showed why he plays for one of the biggest clubs in europe and is a first team pick for his country at only 19!!! :applause: absolutely brilliant performance against polland. (shots apart) :) ;)

I wasnt saying he's good Im just saying Rooney because hes licenced with Fifa.

I dont rate him at all

Noted said:
I wasnt saying he's good Im just saying Rooney because hes licenced with Fifa.

I dont rate him at all

There has been some shite posted on these forums in many threads over the past few years, but I do believe you've hit a new high with that one Noted, really honestly and truthfully you dont rate Rooney? :lmao: :D

Are you sure? Rating him has nothing to do with liking him you know. The lad is pretty damn awesome, he has fitness levels a bloke that shape shouldnt have, he has a deft first touch and creates so many chances for other players, he's not greedy and normally plays for the team, sometimes he gets the red mist and that will be hard to control in him, I cant say I care for him, not being a Man Utd fan or an England fan, but I can appreciate how good he is, the man has skills in his wee toe of his left foot that you wish you had in any part of your body. Open you eyes lad

In Belgium we must have 10.000 players like Rooney...maybe more (don't know how much copies of FIFA06 were sold over here).

Holio said:
There has been some shite posted on these forums in many threads over the past few years, but I do believe you've hit a new high with that one Noted, really honestly and truthfully you dont rate Rooney? :lmao: :D

LMFAO!!!!! :lmao: :lol: :D :applause: what a post!!!!!

even tho the xbox360 is going to be a top class console fifa 06 is still going to be the same old pile a turd it always and it always will be yeah it will have great graphics and u will problay be able to do about seven backflips with the ball trapped in ronaldinho's legs before scoring a overheader from the half way line but it will still be the same crap.

Stan said:
In Belgium we must have 10.000 players like Rooney...maybe more (don't know how much copies of FIFA06 were sold over here).

Former Brazilian star Zico has sung the praises of England striker Wayne Rooney and claimed: "He has the potential to be a legendary player."

Zico can even see some of the great Pele's qualities in the Manchester United forward, who turned in another five-star performance for his country in last night's World Cup qualifying victory over Poland at Old Trafford.

Zico said: "One of Pele's great qualities was that he could take any situation in his stride.

"From the little I have seen of Wayne, I think he can do that too. Great players always have the habit of being able to rise to the occasion.

"Like Pele used to, they puff out their chests and show the world who is in charge.

"I like Rooney's play very much. He is dangerous in front of goal but he is a good all-round footballer as well.

"He has the qualities I admire in a striker - pace, awareness and power.

"He is explosive too. He has the potential to be a legendary player."

Arsenal and French striker Thierry Henry has echoed Zico's sentiments, adding: "I have always said that Wayne Rooney is an amazing player, the kind of striker that any team in the world would like to have.

"He has that sort of forward's instinct you cannot buy and no coach can teach. You are born with it.

"Of course, you need good team-mates around you to give you the ball and help set up chances.

"But I like the sort of striker who will score all on his own if he wants to, and Rooney has shown again and again that he is capable of doing that.

"He's definitely the sort of player I would pay to watch. I like people who can make me jump off my seat. English football is fortunate to have such a great striker."

Nuff said.

I cant stand Wayne Rooney. . . but he's easily one of the top 10 players in the world IMO. Lethal shot, great vision, incredible balance, the ability to carve up defenses with his dribbling and pace. . .the kids' got it all except the short fuse.

As great as Gerrard, Lamps, OWen and Becks may be, England's fortunes are in his hands.

ghazi said:
I cant stand Wayne Rooney. . . but he's easily one of the top 10 players in the world IMO. Lethal shot, great vision, incredible balance, the ability to carve up defenses with his dribbling and pace. . .the kids' got it all except the short fuse.

no you're wrong, he's got a short fuse too :lol:

I dislike the little spud face, but he's a great footballer and plays in my Celtic team just behind torres and beattie (craig) \\:o/

756_0005.jpg

cowden_harley said:
im glad i pre-ordered this it looks fantastic. (dont say it will play shite, if you do your a moron.)

Why?? If you think it's gonna play good your a moron!

i just meant that if you start that argument again your a moron. because nobody knows how it plays. to the person that says it looks rubbish, stills do no justice more fool you if you think thats rubbish.

I have to agree with cowden_harley.

How can you know anything about the gameplay yet

I think the gampeplay looks good from the videos. But we've only seen like 30 seconds of footage

Noted said:
I have to agree with cowden_harley.

How can you know anything about the gameplay yet
Because you look at EA's track record with their FIFA series, for me it's that simple. Year after year, they fail to get near WE/PES, what else is there to consider?

I'm not saying the gameplay will match PES or will be amazing but to me it'll be good. The graphics are what impress me the most and I'm sure with Xbox Live as well it will be fun.

Horses for courses, if you're into the gfx enough to enjoy it then I'm sure you will. I'll get bored of how pretty it looks very quickly indeed, and I'll stop playing it and go back to PES5 on Live.

I'm willing to give it a chance but I'm sure I'll get bored eventually. Live will be a laugh for a while though. The best will be PES6 on 360

im sure it will get boring as every fifa game does since fifa 98 but its worth a few months of next gen gaming to tide me over.

Jay-M = were you the one playing the game in the vids????? you cant tell anything form vids apart from the looks.

cowden_harley said:
im sure it will get boring as every fifa game does since fifa 98 but its worth a few months of next gen gaming to tide me over.

Jay-M = were you the one playing the game in the vids????? you cant tell anything form vids apart from the looks.
Mate, the video shows how the game plays and the answer is exactly the same as FIFA '06 which is a good game but not up to WE/PES standards and they should be doing a lot more with the new technology.

those screens look shite.nothing a halfway decent pc can't handle.and nothing that would ever make me conside a switch from WE.

JayM said:
Mate, the video shows how the game plays and the answer is exactly the same as FIFA '06 which is a good game but not up to WE/PES standards and they should be doing a lot more with the new technology.

to be fair i think theyve done what they can in a short space of time and have managed to get a game out. unlike konami.

Back
Top Bottom